Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,642 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

Protesting Widows Block Kaduna-zaria-kano Expressway Over Death Of Husbands - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protesting Widows Block Kaduna-zaria-kano Expressway Over Death Of Husbands (2057 Views)

Ongoing Protest Along Lekki-Epe Expressway Over Destruction Of Shanties (Pics) / Murray-Bruce Gives Widows Half Of His Wardrobe Allowance (Pics) / Aisha Buhari Visits Mrs Osinbajo Over Death Of Her Grandmother HID Awolowo.photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Protesting Widows Block Kaduna-zaria-kano Expressway Over Death Of Husbands by dathruth04: 1:51pm On Nov 28, 2015
Today Widows of soldiers who are stationed at Jaji Cantonment took to the streets to protest the death of their husbands;
unlawful/inhumane treatment they and their families have gone through; since the demise of their husbands;
some of them alleged they've been asked to move out of the barracks; when they've not seen the corpses of their husbands, all they were told is their husbands are dead
and have been buried. They occupied the Kaduna-Zaria-Kano Expressway thereby stopping commuters from gaining access to their destinations.
They said they would not leave until the President comes to give them their husbands back; In the hold-up that built up;
A senior Officer of the Military Police was caught in it; also was the commandant of the Jaji-Cantonment; And the Nigerian army
still came out to show its barbaric nature; as they decided to seize all smart-phones of on-lookers who where trying to capture the
situation; They were already bullying and trying to fight with the unarmed civilians who tried to refuse the seizure of their phones.
They succeeded; lots of low-ranking soldiers were in support of the women, but they showed this in hiding and also complained of harsh treatment and low morale of soldiers due to the fact that on your demise your family and your efforts are forgotten immediately; but the senior officers and commandant struggled to kill the situation which the widows reluctantly agreed to get-off the roads and have a meeting with the commandant who they've struggled to meet with several times in the past to no-avail. I would like to call on civil rights groups and the Nigerians to look into the stories of these widows as it is obvious the authority above is trying to suppress them of some of their basic rights.
Re: Protesting Widows Block Kaduna-zaria-kano Expressway Over Death Of Husbands by ta4ba3(m): 1:54pm On Nov 28, 2015
God help us... am still saying it THESE COUNTRY IS NOT WORTH DIEING FOR..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protesting Widows Block Kaduna-zaria-kano Expressway Over Death Of Husbands by bosedekemi(f): 1:54pm On Nov 28, 2015
This is real Chanji, Kai buhari grin

3 Likes

Re: Protesting Widows Block Kaduna-zaria-kano Expressway Over Death Of Husbands by Umunede(m): 1:56pm On Nov 28, 2015
You can only suppress or hide the truth for a while. But at d end of the day, the truth must find a way to come out.

4 Likes

Re: Protesting Widows Block Kaduna-zaria-kano Expressway Over Death Of Husbands by nzeobi(m): 2:09pm On Nov 28, 2015
A bad time to join the NA cry
Re: Protesting Widows Block Kaduna-zaria-kano Expressway Over Death Of Husbands by johnmartus(m): 2:11pm On Nov 28, 2015
SEEMS THEY DON'T KNOW THE KIND OFAGREEMENT THEIR HUSBAND SIGN WITH NIGERIA SOLDIER

1 Like

Re: Protesting Widows Block Kaduna-zaria-kano Expressway Over Death Of Husbands by doctokwus: 2:20pm On Nov 28, 2015
This story just reminds me of the Diezanni episode:people trying so hard to make a story stick, they tried sickness it failed, tried posting pics to make us bliv and gain sympathy,that too didn't gel,they then mentioned a so called "Warri brigade",that too failed,now protesting women from jaji?!
Op, we know where u want to go with this your story, that some of d women are widows of d 105 dead soldiers. Meanwhile why u are at it, u people shud make up your minds if it's Warri or Jaji brigade soldiers that died or a combination of both.
I guess when this too fails, u lots cud try wake one of the soldiers to come narrate how BH killed them all.
As for your excuse for d lack of pics, it's impossible that with today's gadgets, no one cud find a way to snap a single pic,discretly.
Re: Protesting Widows Block Kaduna-zaria-kano Expressway Over Death Of Husbands by chaseTE: 2:26pm On Nov 28, 2015
doctokwus:
This story just reminds me of the Diezanni episode:people trying so hard to make a story stick, they tried sickness it failed, tried posting pics to make us bliv and gain sympathy,that too didn't gel,they then mentioned a so called "Warri brigade",that too failed,now protesting women from jaji?!
Op, we know where u want to go with this your story, that some of d women are widows of d 105 dead soldiers. Meanwhile why u are at it, u people shud make up your minds if it's Warri or Jaji brigade soldiers that died or a combination of both.
I guess when this too fails, u lots cud try wake one of the soldiers to come narrate how BH killed them all.
As for your excuse for d lack of pics, it's impossible that with today's gadgets, no one cud find a way to snap a single pic,discretly.
Pls ooh what is delaying Nigerian govt from prosecuting Diezani? Don't tell me its cancer pls.

9 Likes

Re: Protesting Widows Block Kaduna-zaria-kano Expressway Over Death Of Husbands by KOBOJO: 2:46pm On Nov 28, 2015
يا بها عن طريق العودة
Re: Protesting Widows Block Kaduna-zaria-kano Expressway Over Death Of Husbands by Nobody: 3:00pm On Nov 28, 2015
chaseTE:
Pls ooh what is delaying Nigerian govt from prosecuting Diezani? Don't tell me its cancer pls.

Nigeria is not ready to prosecute her as there were no charges against her.
British government are the people holding charges against her.

2 Likes

Re: Protesting Widows Block Kaduna-zaria-kano Expressway Over Death Of Husbands by abouzaid: 4:27pm On Nov 28, 2015
NOBLEDANDY:

probability of her been charged and convicted in any or both countries is practically zero, it's all hot air.

2 Likes

Re: Protesting Widows Block Kaduna-zaria-kano Expressway Over Death Of Husbands by Nobody: 4:31pm On Nov 28, 2015
abouzaid:
probability of her been charged and convicted in any or both countries is practically zero, it's all hot air.

Exactly...
Re: Protesting Widows Block Kaduna-zaria-kano Expressway Over Death Of Husbands by maupe: 4:32pm On Nov 28, 2015
doctokwus:
There are people on this forum who have become so heartless, that their comments now look like repetitive data from a spam robot.

4 Likes

Re: Protesting Widows Block Kaduna-zaria-kano Expressway Over Death Of Husbands by maupe: 4:36pm On Nov 28, 2015
People are asking for evidence. Just on another thread, someone was trying to draw our attention to unrest and violence in Kogi, we thought the guy was talking balderdash, because he didn't state his source- He claimed he was live at the scene. Before anyone could say jack, a commentator showed pics of the attack being reported by the AIT news channel. Very soon, someone will provide evidence of this protest.
Re: Protesting Widows Block Kaduna-zaria-kano Expressway Over Death Of Husbands by daniska3yaro(m): 5:03pm On Nov 28, 2015
Hmmm.
Re: Protesting Widows Block Kaduna-zaria-kano Expressway Over Death Of Husbands by themilanway(m): 5:15pm On Nov 28, 2015
doctokwus:

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin The warri brigade angle got me laughing my ass off when I read the screen shot this morning.It was effing hilarious,you need to give it to those guys. cheesy
Re: Protesting Widows Block Kaduna-zaria-kano Expressway Over Death Of Husbands by Nobody: 5:16pm On Nov 28, 2015
Thre is no way u'll want to make us believe that from all the hundreds of people there; the soldiers succeeded in seizing everybody's phone, and not 1 person has a pic to show... it's impossible
Re: Protesting Widows Block Kaduna-zaria-kano Expressway Over Death Of Husbands by chaseTE: 10:45pm On Nov 28, 2015
NOBLEDANDY:

So why is the federal govt blowing hot air all this while?
Re: Protesting Widows Block Kaduna-zaria-kano Expressway Over Death Of Husbands by dathruth04: 6:25pm On Dec 30, 2015
Wow; it's amazing; how some people would think i cooked up this story. I looked out for it everywhere and they've succeeded in sweeping it under the rug; what; would i gain? If any reporter is interested in the validity please head over to jaji cantonment; other ranks quarters and try to find out.
Re: Protesting Widows Block Kaduna-zaria-kano Expressway Over Death Of Husbands by omolami: 7:22pm On Dec 30, 2015
BUHARI IS CRUEL, VINDICTIVE AND A TERRORIST not fit
Re: Protesting Widows Block Kaduna-zaria-kano Expressway Over Death Of Husbands by omolami: 7:27pm On Dec 30, 2015
These are mostly the widows of the 105 soldiers that were killed by bokoharam, buried in mass grave in the bush by own government and fed Nigerians with lies it never happened. I knew that this day will eventually come Buhari is a terrorist
Re: Protesting Widows Block Kaduna-zaria-kano Expressway Over Death Of Husbands by emzila(m): 7:28pm On Dec 30, 2015
TO LADIES WHO ARE YET TO GET MARRIED, I WILL ALWAYS ADVICE YOU MEAN UNDERSTAND THE NATURE AND THE LEVEL OF RISK EXPOSURE OF YOUR HUSBAND TO BE. WHILE I AGREE WITH THEM IN PROTEST AGAINST THE WAY THEY ARE BEING TREATED AFTER THE DEATH OF THEIR HUSBANDS, IT IS IGNORANCE ON THEIR PART ASKING FOR DEATH BODY OF SOLDIERS THAT DIED IN WAR FRONT. I SYMPATHIZE WITH THEM AND HOPE NIGERIAN GOVT WILL COME UP WITH AN EFFECTIVE INSURANCE COVER TO PROTECT THESE WOMEN AND CHILDREN AT DEATH OF THEIR BREAD WINNER. RIP TO THE FALLING HEROES.
Re: Protesting Widows Block Kaduna-zaria-kano Expressway Over Death Of Husbands by Jump21: 8:33pm On Dec 30, 2015
sad

(1) (Reply)

Presidential Candidate 2019 Already In Campeign(pix) / DSS Picks Babatunde Gbadamosi,A Buhari Critic Was Picked Up By DSS This Morning. / Igbos To Boyccot General Election In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.