Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,613 members, 7,816,518 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

Pipeline Vs Subsea Engineering - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pipeline Vs Subsea Engineering (6109 Views)

Subsea Engineering Easter Training Promo with Free HSE Training & Certification / Offshore/subsea Engineering Software (orcaflex) Training / Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pipeline Vs Subsea Engineering by obailala(m): 3:01am On May 27, 2009
Dear Nlanders

I applied for an Msc in Pipeline engineering (newcastle uni) and an Msc in Subsea engineering (Strathclyde uni). My heart is inclined to the pipeline course but since my application, I'm still yet to hear from newcastle.
On the other hand, I have been offered admission for the Subsea course.

I hav an idea of d prospects of pipeline engineering, but i'm not too sure of subsea engineering. . . Please i need quick advice on the Job prospects of these courses here at home cos i still this have this strong feeling that i should wait for my first choice, but I'm afraid that time is running out.

Contributions from anyone with experience in these fields would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Re: Pipeline Vs Subsea Engineering by abbeydot: 8:04am On May 27, 2009
@poster,

I won't say i'm an expert on this. But these are my thoughts.

Subsea engineering has prospects as much or even more than pipeline engineering, though the main job of a subsea engr. is to work on field developments where the production facilities are to be located on the seabed. Either planning at the main office or being on field. Just work hard, attend career fairs b4 the end of ur masters and u could land jobs with major operators or service companies like FMC. Moreover, there are not too many subsea engineers in the world, it's kinda specialized. N u know, so many deep offshore projects are in their developmental stage.

If i had a choice and sponsorship, I'll choose subsea over pipeline engr. All d best.

1 Like

Re: Pipeline Vs Subsea Engineering by obailala(m): 4:08am On May 28, 2009
thanks for the response. I appreciate

1 Like

Re: Pipeline Vs Subsea Engineering by mariomz: 3:56am On Oct 24, 2012
Hi Obailala,

I hope that you are doing well.
Could you, please give update on how you went on to solve the dilema as per post above?

I am facing it exactly as you did 3 years ago and I would apreciate your feedback as on choice that you made and the outcome. I believed that it was the best for you.

Kind regards.

Mario.
Re: Pipeline Vs Subsea Engineering by JagaJaga1: 11:46am On Oct 24, 2012
I know of someone that studied subsea engineering at MSc level in Norway but is working as a pipeline engineer for an oil Co. I think pipeline is a course under subsea. I will choose subsea over pipeline. The thing is that the OP's first choice is a better school.
Re: Pipeline Vs Subsea Engineering by alowiz: 8:03pm On May 29, 2013
i advocate for subsea engineering at masters and phd levels
Re: Pipeline Vs Subsea Engineering by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jul 25, 2013
Thanks
Re: Pipeline Vs Subsea Engineering by abimic(m): 10:03pm On Dec 28, 2021
obailala:
Dear Nlanders

I applied for an Msc in Pipeline engineering (newcastle uni) and an Msc in Subsea engineering (Strathclyde uni). My heart is inclined to the pipeline course but since my application, I'm still yet to hear from newcastle.
On the other hand, I have been offered admission for the Subsea course.

I hav an idea of d prospects of pipeline engineering, but i'm not too sure of subsea engineering. . . Please i need quick advice on the Job prospects of these courses here at home cos i still this have this strong feeling that i should wait for my first choice, but I'm afraid that time is running out.

Contributions from anyone with experience in these fields would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Hello bro, how was your program and i am sure you enjoyed your subsea engineering.

And what is your take to offshore engineering in the University of Aberdeen ?

(1) (Reply)

How Much Is The Cost Of NEBOSH In Port Harcourt Nigeria / The Relevance Of Lawyers In The Development Of Nigeria? / What Is The Prospect Of The Science Laboratory Technologist In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.