Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,692 members, 7,820,415 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

Husband's Or Maiden Name, Which One Appears On A Married Ladys NYSC Certificate - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Husband's Or Maiden Name, Which One Appears On A Married Ladys NYSC Certificate (4463 Views)

Who Is The Decision Maker In A Nigerian Household – Husband Or Wife? / Man Trying To Sleep With A Married Woman In Bayelsa Caught Pants Down (Pics) / As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Husband's Or Maiden Name, Which One Appears On A Married Ladys NYSC Certificate by modestdude(m): 5:53pm On Nov 28, 2015
Please Dear Family members,

I need an answer from Married Ladies who have gone through this. When a Lady redeploys from NYSC camp on marital grounds to join her husband, Which name appears on her NYSC discharge certificate at the end of her service year?

Is it her Maiden name in which she was mobilized with, or her husband's name which she had notified the public including NYSC to take note?

Now the problem is, she needs her maiden name on the NYSC certificate to enable her secure a vacancy on biological grounds after NYSC.

Again, she is skeptical of her chances to secure a job (should that one fails) which favours singles over the married ladies today in our society, which is the more reason she needs her maiden name on the certificate.

So please, Which of the names will be on the Certificate?
Re: Husband's Or Maiden Name, Which One Appears On A Married Ladys NYSC Certificate by Nobody: 6:34pm On Nov 28, 2015
ITS her maiden name that must and will appear on her certificate, how can her husband's name appear on the certificate? "where was he when her father was struggling to send her to school, pay her misscellenous bills and others? husband ke husbond ni!!! the maiden's name is lost already based on marriage atleast it wont get lost on her certificate.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husband's Or Maiden Name, Which One Appears On A Married Ladys NYSC Certificate by modestdude(m): 6:46pm On Nov 28, 2015
ssoftapple:
ITS her maiden name that must and will appear on her certificate, how can her husband's name appear on the certificate? "where was he when her father was struggling to send her to school, pay her misscellenous bills and others? husband ke husbond ni!!! the maiden's name is lost already based on marriage atleast it wont get lost on her certificate.
Why are you pained Mr? Please read the post again and understand that there is oneness of mind and purpose.

Again are you Married? A Married lady? Works with NYSC? Or have a married sister who experienced this? How did you come about your standpoint? Please I need to know

1 Like

Re: Husband's Or Maiden Name, Which One Appears On A Married Ladys NYSC Certificate by Nobody: 6:48pm On Nov 28, 2015
modestdude:
Why are you pained Mr? Please read the post again and understand that there is oneness of mind and purpose.

Again are you Married? A Married lady? Works with NYSC? Or have a married sister who experienced this? How did you come about your standpoint? Please I need to know
read my post too and undastand, i dnt need to know a sister who is married or works with Nysc, my points are crystal clear.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Husband's Or Maiden Name, Which One Appears On A Married Ladys NYSC Certificate by bakeuhappy: 6:56pm On Nov 28, 2015
its the husbands' name that appears on the NYSC discharge certificate

1 Like

Re: Husband's Or Maiden Name, Which One Appears On A Married Ladys NYSC Certificate by byvan03: 8:05pm On Nov 28, 2015
My husband 's name appeared on mine.

1 Like

Re: Husband's Or Maiden Name, Which One Appears On A Married Ladys NYSC Certificate by modestdude(m): 8:44pm On Nov 28, 2015
bakeuhappy:
Thanks, I appreciate
Re: Husband's Or Maiden Name, Which One Appears On A Married Ladys NYSC Certificate by modestdude(m): 8:46pm On Nov 28, 2015
byvan03:
My husband 's name appeared on mine.
Your view is clarifying...Am grateful, Thanks.

Hard as it may be, can someone request for her maiden name to appear there?
Re: Husband's Or Maiden Name, Which One Appears On A Married Ladys NYSC Certificate by Nobody: 6:49am On Nov 29, 2015
modestdude:
Your view is clarifying...Am grateful, Thanks.

Hard as it may be, can someone request for her maiden name to appear there?
No you can't , Husbands name only appears on Nysc discharge certificate, (for married corps members)
1 major reason why it's easier to redeploy on marital ground.
Re: Husband's Or Maiden Name, Which One Appears On A Married Ladys NYSC Certificate by modestdude(m): 7:01am On Nov 29, 2015
goldenruby:
No you can't , Husbands name only appears on Nysc discharge certificate, (for married corps members)
1 major reason why it's easier to redeploy on marital ground.
OK. Thanks
Re: Husband's Or Maiden Name, Which One Appears On A Married Ladys NYSC Certificate by tpiadotcom: 10:33am On Nov 29, 2015
modestdude:
Please Dear Family members,

I need an answer from Married Ladies who have gone through this. When a Lady redeploys from NYSC camp on marital grounds to join her husband, Which name appears on her NYSC discharge certificate at the end of her service year?

Is it her Maiden name in which she was mobilized with, or her husband's name which she had notified the public including NYSC to take note?

Now the problem is, she needs her maiden name on the NYSC certificate to enable her secure a vacancy on biological grounds after NYSC.

Again, she is skeptical of her chances to secure a job (should that one fails) which favours singles over the married ladies today in our society, which is the more reason she needs her maiden name on the certificate.

So please, Which of the names will be on the Certificate?

whichever name she asked NYSC to put on the certificate is what will be there.
Re: Husband's Or Maiden Name, Which One Appears On A Married Ladys NYSC Certificate by Popsicle: 11:22am On Nov 29, 2015
Once redeployment is on marital grounds, its your husband's name that appears on the certificate and that's final but if it is on other grounds then your maiden name will be used.

Hope this puts the issue to rest.
Re: Husband's Or Maiden Name, Which One Appears On A Married Ladys NYSC Certificate by Nobody: 11:34am On Nov 29, 2015
bakeuhappy:
really? I doubt tho
Re: Husband's Or Maiden Name, Which One Appears On A Married Ladys NYSC Certificate by oln: 6:33pm On Nov 29, 2015
It's the maiden name that appears as far as it was the maiden name that was initially used for registration on camp.
Re: Husband's Or Maiden Name, Which One Appears On A Married Ladys NYSC Certificate by Exponental(m): 8:55am On Nov 30, 2015
go to the nearest NYSC office to confirm or check the website and look for a contact number.
to the best of my knowledge, if you want to redeploy on marital ground, u are sacrificing your maiden name.
NYSC itself is about sacrifice, so choose 1.
Re: Husband's Or Maiden Name, Which One Appears On A Married Ladys NYSC Certificate by Wenebadu(f): 11:02am On Nov 30, 2015
ssoftapple:
you have said it all
Re: Husband's Or Maiden Name, Which One Appears On A Married Ladys NYSC Certificate by Wenebadu(f): 11:04am On Nov 30, 2015
#team maiden name#

(1) (Reply)

Is He Secretive Or I'm Being Nosy? / I Miss Place My Marriage Certificate / Don't let this happen to your child! (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.