Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,163 members, 7,849,595 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:52 AM

We Did Not Ask Court To Nullify Your Election- Ortom Tells Mark - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Did Not Ask Court To Nullify Your Election- Ortom Tells Mark (1186 Views)

Zuckerberg: I Have 11 Facebook Accounts Abike Dabiri Tells Mark Pix / Corruption: Probe Your Election Sponsors First, Fayose Tells Buhari / Saraki Foils Move To Nullify Ekweremadu's Election As Deputy Senate President.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Did Not Ask Court To Nullify Your Election- Ortom Tells Mark by neolboy(m): 7:01pm On Nov 28, 2015
The Benue state government has debunked insinuations that it interfered in the judgement of the Appeal Court that nullified the election of senator David Mark, the immediate past senate president today, November 28.

The petitioner, Mr Daniel Onjeh had approached the Appeal court that the March 28 Benue south senatorial district election was marred by irregularities when the lower court ruled in David Mark’s favour.

Speaking to Naij.com’s Olajide Adelana on the rumours flying around in the state that the Appeal court judgement against senator Mark was due to an interference by some elements who had the backing of the state governor, Samuel Orton, the special adviser to the Benue state government on media, Mr Terver Akase said the government was not responsible for the current woes of the former senate president.

“ If I am to say one or two things for my governor, what he would say in a circumstance like this is that he upholds the sanctity of the judiciary. He has trust in the judiciary and has nothing to do with the judgement. It is what the judiciary feels that is right that has been done and I think this is deepening our democracy.

“The governor is a man who believes in justice, fair play and fair hearing. So in what sense would you then say there was an interference by the governor? I mean there is none. The governor has nothing to do in this case. It is a national assembly matter and the aggrieved petitioner went to court. The governor has nothing to do with this case and that is it.

“The fact is that this (Mr Daniel Onjeh) is a party member of the governor. If he wins at the court the governor , the party will be happy…the entire party in the state will be happy. But to say that the governor had a hand in the judgement is unfortunate, ” Mr Terver said.

In a related news bothering on today’s Appeal court against senator David Mark, the former senate president has called for calm.
In a press statement signed and made available to Naij.com by the senator Mark’s media office, the Benue south Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) senatorial candidate in the last election called on his people not to be deterred but be strengthened by the re-run.

According to the statement, David Mark affirmed that he won the election convincingly and have no doubt that his constituents would turn out en masses to vote for him again.

source:https://www.naij.com/651017-not-behind-david-marks-woes-benue-state-government.html
Re: We Did Not Ask Court To Nullify Your Election- Ortom Tells Mark by Mrbigman1(m): 7:06pm On Nov 28, 2015
Olodo, after using your bailout fund to buy SUVS for people who helped u into power. From frying pan to fire.

1 Like

Re: We Did Not Ask Court To Nullify Your Election- Ortom Tells Mark by johnmartus(m): 7:50pm On Nov 28, 2015
PREDICAMENT INDEED
Re: We Did Not Ask Court To Nullify Your Election- Ortom Tells Mark by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:19pm On Nov 28, 2015
Over to Benue electorates
Re: We Did Not Ask Court To Nullify Your Election- Ortom Tells Mark by Holywizard: 8:23pm On Nov 28, 2015
Nonsense...mma raa cha gi i bu ikpu?
Raa ba nu....Ikpu!
Raa ba nu....Ikpu!!
Raa ba nu....ikpu!!!
Re: We Did Not Ask Court To Nullify Your Election- Ortom Tells Mark by ComrdDRS: 8:50pm On Nov 28, 2015
You re not addressing the topic! Ok. Take urself back to topic, pls.
Mrbigman1:
Olodo, after using your bailout fund to buy SUVS for people who helped u into power. From frying pan to fire.
Re: We Did Not Ask Court To Nullify Your Election- Ortom Tells Mark by Dannyset(m): 8:50pm On Nov 28, 2015
David Mark should be grateful to the Appeal Court rather than trading blames. The court has only helped to further and established his sidown look attitude in the Senate. He can be following the Plenary from home.
Re: We Did Not Ask Court To Nullify Your Election- Ortom Tells Mark by neolboy(m): 9:32pm On Nov 28, 2015
Read some of the tweets of Nigerians who mocked Mark.

No wonder David Mark has been keeping on d lowkey… Baba want make them forget hin case
— The Chairman (@ebuka_akara) November 28, 2015

It’s now clear that David Mark had reasons for being so inactive in the Senate. His fate was at stake.

— YM Rigasa (@YMRigasa) November 28, 2015
Don’t cry for David Mark. He wanted to go. The moment he lost the Senate Presidency, he didn’t want to stay again.

— Sam Hart (@hartng) November 28, 2015
I tweeted on this long ago. It was as if David Mark was sabotaging his case. He didn’t pursue his case with diligence & bungled key aspects.

— Sam Hart (@hartng) November 28, 2015
Nigeria cannot continue to run a primitive society of crime without punishment. David Mark should face prosecution, not a rerun!

— Pius Adesanmi (@pius_adesanmi)
November 28, 2015

Na wao Oga David mark, no more federal power to help save d day, Like Fela talk, “one day go b one day”: https:///B1JMUwDhTn

— Seun Anikulapo Kuti (@RealSeunKuti)
November 28, 2015

David Mark has been in and out of power before 1985 when I was born. Governor, Senator, then Senate President, what else does he want?

— Ogbeni Dipo, PhD (@OgbeniDipo)
November 28, 2015

David Mark Election nullified @ Appeal Court, who is who Change consumed him!!!

— oluwadare segun (@oluwadaresegun)
November 28, 2015

No wonder David Mark has been unlooking since….Seer
— HENRY Okelue (@4eyedmonk) November 28, 2015

Hurray! Thank God I have been vindicated! Court of Appeal Makurdi just nullified Sen. David Mark’s election and ordered fresh election!

— #ChangeBenueSouth (@DanielOnjeh)
November 28, 2015

David Mark is officially no longer a Senator. The Court of Appeal is the last lap for Senatorial adjudications

— JJ. Omojuwa (@Omojuwa) November 28, 2015
If I were David Mark, I’ll just retire from politics and go enjoy life with my grand kids.

— Ogbeni Dipo, PhD (@OgbeniDipo)
November 28, 2015

David Mark tho! He shud allow others rule ahbeg.
— Chukwuka Nwani (@TherealXVI)
November 28, 2015
Re: We Did Not Ask Court To Nullify Your Election- Ortom Tells Mark by coldsummer: 9:54pm On Nov 28, 2015
The only election won by Mark was the first election of 1999. He's been using long legs and connection ever since then. Now a small of has shamed you.

Useless to idomaland useless to Nigeria useless to himself and his family

(1) (Reply)

I Don’t Know Dasuki, Says George / Bayelsa Poll: Southern Ijaw LGA Cancelled / "I Regret Being A Cultist" --Robbery Suspect Arrested By Police Confesses. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.