Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,209 members, 7,953,769 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:07 AM

Wanted 1996 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas For Short Project - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Wanted 1996 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas For Short Project (1839 Views)

Would You Buy This 1954 Jaguar D-type Le Mans Racer For N7.3 Billion? (photos) / Jaguar Land Rover Patents A Car That Predicts Weather And Adapts Accordingly / Jaguar E-type Abandoned For 20 Years To Be Sold For N24million (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wanted 1996 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas For Short Project by Nefo: 1:56am On Nov 29, 2015
Hi Nairalanders, am currently seeking a 1996 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas for a short project. Must be a Vanden Plas variant. This is a classic car form the 90's and very rare to find in Nigeria. Am a motoring enthusiast and you can look me up on my facebook page 'Bankz Motoring'. Am not offerring $$$ because i cant afford it but will be happy to use one for a short period of time. Anyone with ideas on how to laid my hands on one should reply asap. Thank you.

Re: Wanted 1996 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas For Short Project by Denn(m): 7:02am On Nov 29, 2015
There was a time when driving from Ikeja to link the oshodi express, you would see like 3 of these cars abandoned and literally pushed into the drainage.

When Fashola's cleaners resumed to ensure Lagos was kept clean, those cars dissapeared.

Hoping you would get soon.
Re: Wanted 1996 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas For Short Project by kingreign(m): 7:56am On Nov 29, 2015
Nefo:
Hi Nairalanders, am currently seeking a 1996 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas for a short project. Must be a Vanden Plas variant. This is a classic car form the 90's and very rare to find in Nigeria. Am a motoring enthusiast and you can look me up on my facebook page 'Bankz Motoring'. Am not offerring $$$ because i cant afford it but will be happy to use one for a short period of time. Anyone with ideas on how to laid my hands on one should reply asap. Thank you.

You want someone to give you his expensive extremely rare vanden plays XJ6 and you're not willing to pay even if its rental fee? Bros, fear God na.

BTW, in my friend's workshop, I saw a Vanden plas belonging to a customer. My guy parked it in a very strategic position so as to always admire it grin
Re: Wanted 1996 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas For Short Project by Nobody: 9:53am On Nov 29, 2015
I used to see one just like this at a Mechanic garage around Lekki. Super clean and leather seats. Not sure if it's still there tho cuz it's been a while.
Re: Wanted 1996 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas For Short Project by Nefo: 10:42am On Nov 29, 2015
kingreign:

You want someone to give you his expensive extremely rare vanden plays XJ6 and you're not willing to pay even if its rental fee? Bros, fear God na.

BTW, in my friend's workshop, I saw a Vanden plas belonging to a customer. My guy parked it in a very strategic position so as to always admire it grin

I wanted to purchase one myself. Believe me this car comes cheap and is not in the scope of any person who is about owning a car for the first time. A dealer in the USA offered one for 2500 US dollars.( about 500,000NGN). The car has been sitting in his lot for many years and nobody seemed to be interested. People who visited his shop would always go for a more recent car. A deal was nearly struck but I decided to get a quote from the Nigeria Customs Service as per clearing charges. The bill I got surpassed both the cost and shipping of the car totalled together. In fact it shot through the roof. Reason they gave for this is that vehicle is more than 15years old and as a classic/luxury vehicle the duty is calculated specially. So I walked away.
Re: Wanted 1996 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas For Short Project by kingreign(m): 10:44am On Nov 29, 2015
Nefo:

I wanted to purchase one myself. Believe me this car comes cheap and is not in the scope of any person who is about owning a car for the first time. A dealer in the USA offered one for 2500 US dollars.( about 500,000NGN). The car has been sitting in his lot for many years and nobody seemed to be interested. People who visited his shop would always go for a more recent car. A deal was nearly struck but I decided to get a quote from the Nigeria Customs Service as per clearing charges. The bill I got surpassed both the cost and shipping of the car totalled together. In fact it shot through the roof. Reason they gave for this is that vehicle is more than 15years old and as a classic/luxury vehicle the duty is calculated specially. So I walked away.
Lwkm, naija customs sha. If na me, I go buy am, ship am and *********** lipsrsealed
I didn't say anything o cheesy
Re: Wanted 1996 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas For Short Project by Nefo: 10:48am On Nov 29, 2015
Denn:
There was a time when driving from Ikeja to link the oshodi express, you would see like 3 of these cars abandoned and literally pushed into the drainage.

When Fashola's cleaners resumed to ensure Lagos was kept clean, those cars dissapeared.

Hoping you would get soon.

I saw a 94 Vanden Plas abandoned close to the Old Toll Gate in Lagos. I went back there to make inquiries and was told it has been taken away by Ambode people. I saw another parked off Allen Avenue. The car was good but swallowed in years of dust. The dust don form cake for the body sef. I had to consult passers by to make out the phone number of the seller pasted on it. But the guy wanted two arms and two legs for it. So I bid him farewell and told him to wait till the car is totally buried in mud before he takes an offer. grin
Re: Wanted 1996 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas For Short Project by Nefo: 10:51am On Nov 29, 2015
PushMusic:
I used to see one just like this at a Mechanic garage around Lekki. Super clean and leather seats. Not sure if it's still there tho cuz it's been a while.

Pls can you give me directions to the workshop or number of the person in charge so I can follow up. Thank you
Re: Wanted 1996 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas For Short Project by Nefo: 11:04am On Nov 29, 2015
The 1996 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas is a vehicle you won't believe that was made in the 90's. Most cars of 2015 can't boast of some of the features found on this car. It was so over engineered for its year. The designers simply out did themselves and completely went beserk on this one. Fast forwarding to 19years later, the car is still there but has lost all forms of attraction. Young buyers won't even take a look a it twice and some won't take a look at all. So please if I can see one to buy cheap I will be glad. Make all these sellers stop to dey high price joor. Don't out your while financial burden on one car. Would they rather to have cash at hand or allow these cars eat dust on a daily basis. Haba

Re: Wanted 1996 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas For Short Project by Nobody: 11:25am On Nov 29, 2015
Nefo:

Pls can you give me directions to the workshop or number of the person in charge so I can follow up. Thank you
I don't have any numbers. Just saw it there while passing a couple of months ago.
It's at the workshops just after Jakande roundabout by the right on your way to Ajjah. I'm sure the mechanics there will have an idea if you ask or maybe you will see it there.
The Jag I saw was just too clean to be at a workshop. So I'm wondering if the owner abandoned it there or something.
Re: Wanted 1996 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas For Short Project by Nobody: 2:58pm On Nov 29, 2015
Re: Wanted 1996 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas For Short Project by Nefo: 4:44pm On Nov 29, 2015
dumo1:
www.nairaland.com/2746167/2006-jaguar-xj8l-steal-4million. That's for sale in the autos section.

Thanks but am specifically looking for a 1996 Jaguar Vanden Plas. I call it the "Original'" Jaguar because it was made by the British Company of old. The company has been sold to Ford and later to TATA group. Though the Jaguar name plate still remains, the new Jaguar cars of today are good but have lost that perfect touch of the British Engineering. So I will pass on this one. Thank you.
Re: Wanted 1996 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas For Short Project by Nefo: 4:46pm On Nov 29, 2015
PushMusic:

I don't have any numbers. Just saw it there while passing a couple of months ago.
It's at the workshops just after Jakande roundabout by the right on your way to Ajjah. I'm sure the mechanics there will have an idea if you ask or maybe you will see it there.
The Jag I saw was just too clean to be at a workshop. So I'm wondering if the owner abandoned it there or something.

Thank you. I will make out time go go check it out. Just hope they don't want two arms and two legs for it. grin
Re: Wanted 1996 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas For Short Project by Nobody: 5:46pm On Nov 29, 2015
Nefo:

Thank you. I will make out time go go check it out. Just hope they don't want two arms and two legs for it. grin
Maybe not. But the car is super clean with leather seats and interiors. Looks like it's been seating in the owners garage all these years.

(1) (Reply)

Car Review: 2016 Toyota Land Cruiser / Volks Wagen Vento Vs Golf 3. / How Much Fuel Does Your Car REALLY Guzzle? Mercedes Tops League Of Shame

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.