Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,977 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

Today Mark's The First Sunday Of Advent - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Today Mark's The First Sunday Of Advent (9089 Views)

Catholics: Today Is Christ The King Sunday, As We Mark The Beginning Of Advent / Today Mark's The First Sunday Of Advent / Will He Come During This Advent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Today Mark's The First Sunday Of Advent by samx4real(m): 8:47am On Nov 29, 2015
If u want to argue this? Let me tell u that d weather condition of a place changes over a period of time, the continents also move!

Now to ur arguement, its being over 2000years (from rock dating its over 4.5million years)... You can imagine how d weather condition of that place have changed over this period od years!

Wit this I think u have found an answer to ur arguement!

talktonase:
I guess many will believe that christ was born during winter...wondering how the three wise will journey in such a harsh wheather.This does not make sense at all
Re: Today Mark's The First Sunday Of Advent by Isycutie: 9:06am On Nov 29, 2015
#ProudAnglican#

1 Like

Re: Today Mark's The First Sunday Of Advent by slys(m): 9:08am On Nov 29, 2015
Happy new year and happy sunday
Re: Today Mark's The First Sunday Of Advent by Nathokes(m): 9:20am On Nov 29, 2015
Mtcheew! Where in the bible is it said that Christ was born on 25th December? shocked

Doctrins of Men! You guys prefer obeying men rather than God angry

End time Advent
Re: Today Mark's The First Sunday Of Advent by btoks: 9:31am On Nov 29, 2015
Nathokes:
Mtcheew! Where in the bible is it said that Christ was born on 25th December? shocked

End time Advent
Where is it in the Bible that every detail of early christianity was recorded? Trust in what has been declared and mark the Advent season. Happy Advent.

2 Likes

Re: Today Mark's The First Sunday Of Advent by guyXander(m): 9:36am On Nov 29, 2015
WhoBeThisMan:
I have a question for seun and lalasticlala. Why is it that anyone is alowed to come in and say anything they like in a purely christian thread, but if its anything that involves islam in anyway, you apply restrictions?

Is nairaland a muslim site?

Thank you.
Christianity is open to all. You are free to say what you like. We are here to preach the good news and call and invite even our Muslim brothers to join us.

But as per why you can't enter into a Muslim thread, we all think it wouldn't be wise to do that. Basically, you are not a Muslim. If you are, do the needful and will enter.

Christians don't force on you to profess Christ or get out of the church. So I think that why.
Capiche?

1 Like

Re: Today Mark's The First Sunday Of Advent by ugwuishi(m): 9:36am On Nov 29, 2015
In fact, today is the new year in the church calendar
Re: Today Mark's The First Sunday Of Advent by DOCTORDONE: 9:38am On Nov 29, 2015
Happy first Sunday of advent cheesy
Re: Today Mark's The First Sunday Of Advent by guyXander(m): 9:49am On Nov 29, 2015
Nathokes:

End time Advent
Where is the word 'the bible' in the bible?
Where is the name of your church in the bible?
Where are you in the bible?
Christ said I'll give you the 'Comforter'(the holy spirit) he will teach you all that I did not have time to teach you. Is Jesus the one that called us Christians?
Is St. Peter more of a human being than us Christians today?
If you have to ask yourself that question (where is it in the bible, that we should celebrate his birth on December 25th) then you have to answer these other questions.
Stop chasing shadows and just keep God's commandments.
He never said, THOU shall not celebrate my birthday on another date.
Stop being petty, these people.
QED!

2 Likes

Re: Today Mark's The First Sunday Of Advent by ournaijablog(f): 10:09am On Nov 29, 2015
Ournaijablog. read about religion and spirituality
Re: Today Mark's The First Sunday Of Advent by Omino: 10:11am On Nov 29, 2015
A good one.
Re: Today Mark's The First Sunday Of Advent by Divinehenrich(m): 10:12am On Nov 29, 2015
"Proudlycatholic", May the coming of Christ, bring abundant blessings and grace to us.

2 Likes

Re: Today Mark's The First Sunday Of Advent by marykaydee: 10:38am On Nov 29, 2015
For those who actually think that Jesus was born on the 25th of december,you are wrong. Just like world aids or mothers day or father's day where set. So was xmas set to fit the xtian calender. From birth to his crucifixion& death in Easter. To the coming of the holy spirit till the church was formed. Happy sunday...
Re: Today Mark's The First Sunday Of Advent by marykaydee: 10:41am On Nov 29, 2015
samx4real:
If u want to argue this? Let me tell u that d weather condition of a place changes over a period of time, the continents also move!

Now to ur arguement, its being over 2000years (from rock dating its over 4.5million years)... You can imagine how d weather condition of that place have changed over this period od years!

Wit this I think u have found an answer to ur arguement!

25th dec. Is not an actual date. It was setup to fit the Christian calender. Just like mothers day,world health days werefixed on such days for their significance
Re: Today Mark's The First Sunday Of Advent by cyara(f): 10:50am On Nov 29, 2015
#Proudly Anglican #
Re: Today Mark's The First Sunday Of Advent by kelechiug: 11:19am On Nov 29, 2015
Auxiliary:
Today is my birthday...and thanks to all nairalanders for keeping me alive wink
nairalanders kept you alive, can they take your life ?....happy birthday btw
Re: Today Mark's The First Sunday Of Advent by osazeeblue01: 11:57am On Nov 29, 2015
Welcome to the season of expectation.
Re: Today Mark's The First Sunday Of Advent by Suspect33(m): 12:43pm On Nov 29, 2015
tyson99:
#proudcatholic#
seek the truth my beloved brother, run from idolatry and follow the true God, i was once a catholics until Jesus had pity on me and opened my eyes, i am not condenming, but ask God for revelations of whether the catholics church is leading you to heaven.
Re: Today Mark's The First Sunday Of Advent by chinae(m): 2:19pm On Nov 29, 2015
Love this piece; Catholic from my bone to its marrow.
Re: Today Mark's The First Sunday Of Advent by apogeez(m): 2:47pm On Nov 29, 2015
teemy:
apogeez remove the exclamation mark from the title to give correct message. cheers
no edit after front page
Re: Today Mark's The First Sunday Of Advent by Nobody: 3:12pm On Nov 29, 2015
Ngozi ga adiri ndi na atu Chukwu egwu na eso uzò ya.. #ProudCatholic
Re: Today Mark's The First Sunday Of Advent by teemy(m): 3:25pm On Nov 29, 2015
apogeez:
no edit after front page
yeah yeah, that's true I remember. my bad.
Re: Today Mark's The First Sunday Of Advent by oadewale(m): 4:10pm On Nov 29, 2015
Mack not Mark..
Re: Today Mark's The First Sunday Of Advent by maum: 4:25pm On Nov 29, 2015
Advent is the beginning of a new church calendar. It means we have entered a new year.

I won't forget how a parishioner once greeted me "Happy New Year" in the first week of Advent many years ago, and how all his colleagues around him then expressed surprise and laughed at him at how eagerly he was professing new year in the first week of December. He answered them back with a smile that the person he greeted (me) understood him. And of course, I understood.
Re: Today Mark's The First Sunday Of Advent by maum: 4:27pm On Nov 29, 2015
oadewale:
Mack not Mark..

shocked Take out the log in your eye my friend before looking for the speck...

I know you mean well though. Cheers.
Re: Today Mark's The First Sunday Of Advent by Theman13: 6:04pm On Nov 29, 2015
Glory to Jesus .......... #proudlycatholic
Re: Today Mark's The First Sunday Of Advent by gladokpe(f): 6:32pm On Nov 29, 2015
#irepthecatholicfamily#
tyson99:
#proudcatholic#
Re: Today Mark's The First Sunday Of Advent by Syncan(m): 11:19am On Dec 21, 2015
marykaydee:
25th dec. Is not an actual date. It was setup to fit the Christian calender. Just like mothers day,world health days werefixed on such days for their significance

Hello, If you've got some time, you may want to visit https://www.nairaland.com/2060260/yes-christ-really-born-december#29170885, I just felt it's worth having a look in at what Ubenedictus was saying there. No vex o.
Re: Today Mark's The First Sunday Of Advent by marykaydee: 3:43pm On Dec 21, 2015
Syncan:

Hello, If you've got some time, you may want to visit https://www.nairaland.com/2060260/yes-christ-really-born-december#29170885, I just felt it's worth having a look in at what Ubenedictus was saying there. No vex o.

Wow,i did go through it. He's got historical bases so i give it to him. Am aware that not all jewish history is and can be recorded in the bible.
Re: Today Mark's The First Sunday Of Advent by Syncan(m): 4:34pm On Dec 21, 2015
marykaydee:

Wow,i did go through it. He's got historical bases so i give it to him. Am aware that not all jewish history is and can be recorded in the bible.

Am glad you found it enlightening, remain blessed.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

3 Great Reasons We Should Pray For Nigeria Today / Amen - What About Ase Instead Of Amin / Your Eyes Your Mind!! Your Mind Your Eyes!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.