Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:04 AM

Demons: Your Invisible Enemies! ( Let's Discuss) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Demons: Your Invisible Enemies! ( Let's Discuss) (9061 Views)

Let's Discuss About Indecent Dressing To Church / Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. / Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Demons: Your Invisible Enemies! ( Let's Discuss) by Joagbaje(m): 9:46pm On Dec 19, 2011
Demon spirits are Believed to be spirit beings who have once lost their bodies in and now desperately looking for human bodies to dwell. Demon spirit Cana invade human bodies, that's their major target. By this they obtain greater control of that person than when they work from outside. When demons live in a person, such a person is said to have evil spirit , or possessed of the devil . A christian can have. A demon but he can't be possessed of a demon. Because possession means ownership.

A christian is purchased by the blood of Jesus .so he may be oppressed ,obsessed,afflicted by demons. But he can't be posessed. He is owned by Christ . But a man who is not born again can be possesed by demons.

1 Corinthians 6:20
20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

In this thread I would want us to explore the world of demons. Their operations and how to deal with them . Pls feel free to contribute your knowledge or experience in dealing with these invincible enemies.

To be continued. . .
Re: Demons: Your Invisible Enemies! ( Let's Discuss) by EarsWide(m): 10:40pm On Dec 19, 2011
@Jo 'I can raise the dead' Agbaje

HAVE YOU RAISED ANYONE FROM THE DEAD LATELY ? LOL
Re: Demons: Your Invisible Enemies! ( Let's Discuss) by Nobody: 11:06pm On Dec 19, 2011
[size=13pt]The works of people who are demon possessed are the same as the works of the flesh which are: s-e-x-u-a-l immorality, impurity, depravity, idolatry, sorcery, hostilities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish rivalries, dissensions, factions, envying, murder, drunkenness, carousing, and similar things (Galatians 5:19-21) .

All the Christians I have come close to all show signs of one or more of these works of the flesh. So how can Christians who are themselves demon possessed, cast out demons?[/size]
Re: Demons: Your Invisible Enemies! ( Let's Discuss) by dare2think: 11:12pm On Dec 19, 2011
So how can Christians who are themselves demon possessed, cast out demons?

Classic!!!!
Re: Demons: Your Invisible Enemies! ( Let's Discuss) by Judek2(m): 12:30am On Dec 20, 2011
dare2think:

So how can Christians who are themselves demon possessed, cast out demons?

Classic!!!!
True Christians and all who believe in and have faith in Christ cannot be possesed by Demons because they are owned by Christ. Possesion means to take absolute control of something.
How can a demon cast out Christ from the body of a believer?

The above mentioned are just the nature of human beings. Anger,selfishness,jealousy,drunkeness,sexual lusts, etc. Are all human actions that must be exhibited to show that we are Mortals.It does not prove demon possesion.
Moses, the only man who got a glimpse of God got angry many times,David,a man after Gods heart did more than sexual lust, Solomon,the wisest man commited those things in excess and many more.That does not show that they ware possesed.They are just temporal behaviours which can be corrected.
God himself gave ur rules on those sins of the flesh.He odained marriage for seхual lusts, etc so those actions are Human.

As for me,the real demon attacks is Homoseхualism, Lesbiaпism, street sex,nak.ed shows, Seх videos,prostitution and many unworthy acts which God detests. And only a true Child of God can cast them out with Faith in Jesus Christ.

2 Likes

Re: Demons: Your Invisible Enemies! ( Let's Discuss) by Nobody: 12:43am On Dec 20, 2011
@Judek2
[size=13pt]s-e-x-u-a-l immorality, impurity, depravity, idolatry, sorcery, hostilities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish rivalries, dissensions, factions, envying, murder, drunkenness, carousing, and similar things (Galatians 5:19-21) .

All the above are signs of demon possession, it even mentions sorcery and murder if these are not demon possession then I wonder what demon possession is?.[/size]
Re: Demons: Your Invisible Enemies! ( Let's Discuss) by Judek2(m): 2:51am On Dec 20, 2011
MrBible:

@Judek2
[size=13pt]s-e-x-u-a-l immorality, impurity, depravity, idolatry, sorcery, hostilities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish rivalries, dissensions, factions, envying, murder, drunkenness, carousing, and similar things (Galatians 5:19-21) .

All the above are signs of demon possession, it even mentions sorcery and murder if these are not demon possession then I wonder what demon possession is?.[/size]

The passage never made mention of demon possesion. So I wonder how you linked it with the discussion.

The passage is only pointing out the sins of the flesh which is in contrary with the holy spirit. It therefore advices us to be led by the Spirit against the works of flesh mentioned.
Re: Demons: Your Invisible Enemies! ( Let's Discuss) by Nobody: 3:09am On Dec 20, 2011
Judek2:

The passage never made mention of demon possesion. So I wonder how you linked it with the discussion.

The passage is only pointing out the sins of the flesh which is in contrary with the holy spirit. It therefore advices us to be led by the Spirit against the works of flesh mentioned.

Demons work through the flesh.
Re: Demons: Your Invisible Enemies! ( Let's Discuss) by Judek2(m): 3:36am On Dec 20, 2011
MrBible:

Demons work through the flesh.

They work through the flesh to the souls of the unbelievers.
They can live temporalily in the body but cant posses it.Our body still remains the temple of God.

We all are sinners but we are not possesed.
Re: Demons: Your Invisible Enemies! ( Let's Discuss) by plaetton: 5:02am On Dec 20, 2011
HHHmmm .
I wonder what sorts of demons may have possessed all or some of the researchers, inventors, engineers and software programmers who made it possible for you to communicate on this forum. And why are demons only interested in d.umb black Africans?
Invisible enemies, Eh ? How convenient.
Have you considered seeing a psychiatrists?
Re: Demons: Your Invisible Enemies! ( Let's Discuss) by Joagbaje(m): 9:21am On Dec 20, 2011
@mrbible

MrBible:

[size=13pt]The works of people who are demon possessed are the same as the works of the flesh which are: s-e-x-u-a-l immorality, impurity, depravity, idolatry, sorcery, hostilities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish rivalries, dissensions, factions, envying, murder, drunkenness, carousing, and similar things (Galatians 5:19-21) .

True but not exactly. Demonic oppression , sickness, nightmare, insecurity,fears/ fobias,insanity, pain,death ,finacila hardship also can be works of demons.these are not works of the flesh at all

All the Christians I have come close to all show signs of one or more of these works of the flesh. So how can Christians who are themselves demon possessed, cast out demons?[/size]

if you read my opening post , it's not possible for born again man to be posessed. But it's possible for him to have a demon.

Not all Christians exhibit those wicked works. Some nairalanders do anyway, especially the freelancers. Who are not committed or submitted  in a local church. The enemy can easily use such.

Every christian ought to be able to cast out devils , even if he has a demon in him ,it doesn't stop him from casting out demons. The authority by which you cast out devil is not based on your perfection but on the understanding of the name of Jesus .
Re: Demons: Your Invisible Enemies! ( Let's Discuss) by Joagbaje(m): 9:25am On Dec 20, 2011
@judek2

Judek2:

True Christians and all who believe in and have faith in Christ cannot be possesed by Demons because they are owned by Christ. Possesion means to take absolute control of something.
How can a demon cast out Christ from the body of a believer?

The above mentioned are just the nature of human beings. Anger,selfishness,jealousy,drunkeness,intimate lusts, etc. Are all human actions that must be exhibited to show that we are Mortals.It does not prove demon possesion.
Moses, the only man who got a glimpse of God got angry many times,David,a man after Gods heart did more than intimate lust, Solomon,the wisest man commited those things in excess and many more.That does not show that they ware possesed.They are just temporal behaviours which can be corrected.
God himself gave your rules on those sins of the flesh.He odained marriage for seхual lusts, etc so those actions are Human.

As for me,the real demon attacks is Homoseхualism, Lesbiaпism, street sex,nak.ed shows, Seх videos,prostitution and many unworthy acts which God detests. And only a true Child of God can cast them out with Faith in Jesus Christ.

Thank you so much for your contribution. They carry powerful truth.

1 Like

Re: Demons: Your Invisible Enemies! ( Let's Discuss) by EarsWide(m): 9:28am On Dec 20, 2011
Good morning Jo 'I can raise the dead' Agbaje,
Have you raised anyone from the dead lately? LOL
Re: Demons: Your Invisible Enemies! ( Let's Discuss) by Joagbaje(m): 9:31am On Dec 20, 2011
Many
Re: Demons: Your Invisible Enemies! ( Let's Discuss) by EarsWide(m): 9:35am On Dec 20, 2011
@Jo 'I can raise the dead' Agbaje

LOL
Re: Demons: Your Invisible Enemies! ( Let's Discuss) by Okijajuju1(m): 9:39am On Dec 20, 2011
SO! In order for me not to be posessed by demons, I have to be possesed by another spirit?! undecided
Re: Demons: Your Invisible Enemies! ( Let's Discuss) by Joagbaje(m): 10:20am On Dec 20, 2011
Yes, get posessed with the holy spirit. cool
Re: Demons: Your Invisible Enemies! ( Let's Discuss) by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:11pm On Dec 20, 2011
Enough with the raising the dead poke-fun already grin This is serious issues on the floor. screen
Re: Demons: Your Invisible Enemies! ( Let's Discuss) by Nobody: 1:13pm On Dec 20, 2011
[size=13pt]The LORD makes some poor and others rich; he brings some down and lifts others up (1 Samuel 2:7)[/size]
[size=13pt]Finacial hardship is not the work of demons.[/size]

[size=13pt]I form light and create darkness, I make well-being and create calamity, I am the LORD, who does all these things. (Isaiah 45:7)[/size]
[size=13pt]Only God can deliver people from whatever they are possessed with if that person cries to Him, no pastor can.[/size]

Joagbaje:

True but not exactly. Demonic oppression , sickness, nightmare, insecurity,fears/ fobias,insanity, pain,death ,finacila hardship also can be works of demons.these are not works of the flesh at all
Re: Demons: Your Invisible Enemies! ( Let's Discuss) by kwenu: 2:17pm On Dec 20, 2011
[size=8pt][b][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][i][i]Ohh what a good discussion. Thank you for putting up such discussion  as this. from my own experiences, i ll say that
Demons are intangible forces in diverse forms and they happen to be wiser than men since they operate in the realm of the spirit But They respect fall and submit to the Sons of God such as myself  grin.
The sons of God are those men and women who are  led by the spirit of God.
You see Demons are sweet and easy to deal with when you have the spirit of God in you, you hear them cryout. when the spirit of God is at work in your body.
This is how i enjoy myself, by giving myself to the Holyspirit to use me. its the sweetest EXPERIENCES i ever had.  to be led By the Holyspirit.

To my knowledge there are two kinds of Demons in the realm of the spirit, they are, the visible and the invisible ones . the invisible ones are more powerful than the visible ones. when you study your bible you will notice where the disciples of Christ were having problems casting out a demon in  the body of  a person, there Jesus himself made us to understand that demons are of different kinds

A demon can be visible  but yet still without flesh, an ordinary man should by  no reason have any business with them. and it is required that christians be filled with the Holyspirit always, so as to be alert, ready and spiritually fit for warfare
It is impossible for a holyghost filled christian to walk through the congregation of Demons and not call for a spiritual battle since light and darkness do not abide together, there will always be a clash and the spirit of God is bound to win.

The spirit of God Dont negotiate with demons, he is straight to the point, forward,quick,extraordinarily destructive to Demons . my Bsolo
words cant express his true character  as i have witnessed

Demons beg when they meet true Christians in the realm of the spirit. i had an encounter with one  Demon one night  . before i could say anything my eyes were so much fixed  to her she was already confessing and telling me she dosent want any business with me and all sort of other stuff. there i observed that i wasnt the one in control of myself, the Holyspirit took over me and i noticed that part of my character were that of Jesus and suddenly i changed into an angel IN Pure white holding a sword and having my feet above the ground  i sluttered that Demon with the sword i was holding. i mean i cut her into pieces. To me that is Victory and to God be the glory.

As a True christian you need some battles with Demons so as to grow your faith.this is spiritual exercise for a christian i have had many encounters with them knowingly and unknowingly  and this have helped me in my christian faith, in my walk with the Lord
[/i][/i]
[/size][/size]
[/b][/size][/size]
Re: Demons: Your Invisible Enemies! ( Let's Discuss) by Joagbaje(m): 3:14pm On Dec 20, 2011
@kwenu
How do we recognise the visible demons?
Re: Demons: Your Invisible Enemies! ( Let's Discuss) by freecocoa(f): 3:48pm On Dec 20, 2011
Mr kwenu,please I'd love to know how to recognize the visible demons,btw are you people saying everyone has a demon in him\her?
Re: Demons: Your Invisible Enemies! ( Let's Discuss) by Boyoorisha: 3:50pm On Dec 20, 2011
Serious matter!
Re: Demons: Your Invisible Enemies! ( Let's Discuss) by omosexy1: 3:58pm On Dec 20, 2011
Ha, They don come again. Witches, devil, demons, na wa oh. As I old reach I never see any witch, or demons. The closest I get according to the christian propaganda na mad naked men who dey too poor to afford psychiatric homes.
Re: Demons: Your Invisible Enemies! ( Let's Discuss) by Nobody: 4:07pm On Dec 20, 2011
Every1's post above me sounds like a comment from demonic possessed set of people grin
Re: Demons: Your Invisible Enemies! ( Let's Discuss) by LUDALOOLO(m): 4:34pm On Dec 20, 2011
Who created this demons?
Re: Demons: Your Invisible Enemies! ( Let's Discuss) by asudan: 5:45pm On Dec 20, 2011
for those that do not believe in witcaft or demon,do not even believe in them at all after passing through this ie i will ask my friend who is a witch to visit you this and perharps press your neck and body until you give up your doubt.demons are everywhere and they even in nairaland but they do not time to share their testimony because they have other things to attend to.they are unseen forces that can not be explain unless your spiritual eyes are open but you can test run your eye by visiting any busy market close to you,carry mirror and then bend it or bend down your head downwards then wait for for few mins.after your experience,come and share your testimony with us here in nairaland.merci
Re: Demons: Your Invisible Enemies! ( Let's Discuss) by plaetton: 5:50pm On Dec 20, 2011
Poor primitive Africans still being molested by demons after more than 200yrs of christianity. I cant stop laughing.

The demons will all run away on the day Nigeria enters the modern era with 24 hour electricity suppy.
Re: Demons: Your Invisible Enemies! ( Let's Discuss) by Lovine: 5:51pm On Dec 20, 2011
Which spirit is responsible for bombing and killings? Its the devil so if you or your religious group is involved you are possessed.
Re: Demons: Your Invisible Enemies! ( Let's Discuss) by plaetton: 5:56pm On Dec 20, 2011
Pls if you are scared of demons and evil spirits and you want a guranteed permanent armour or antidote against demons, you should consider athiesm.
Demons never ever molest athiests.
They must be really scared of athiests.
Re: Demons: Your Invisible Enemies! ( Let's Discuss) by Lovine: 6:03pm On Dec 20, 2011
CAN A CHRISTIAN BE DEMON POSSESSED?

Paul, the Apostle, exhorted both Timothy and Titus concerning sound doctrine in I Timothy 1:10 and Titus 1:9; 2:1. To Timothy he said, "For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lust shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears, and they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned to fables." (II Timothy 4:3,4)

What is the only criteria for sound doctrine? It must be, that God's written Word can be and is the ONLY basis for sound doctrine. The words of 'spiritual teachers or experiences' must never supercede the Word of God. Paul said that if he or an angel from Heaven preached any other Gospel than that which they had ALREADY heard, let him be accursed. (Galatians 1:cool. The relating of experiences that are fables can never be the true basis for sound doctrine, and the minute we open the door and begin to teach from experience, we lose authority and introduce confusion. People have a great variety of experiences and if we accept one unscriptural experience as evidence of doctrinal truth, then I am bound to accept all experiences; for each one would have equal authority as a basis for doctrine.

It is unfortunate that of late, satan has been getting more than his share of attention. It is sad that many Christians and non-Christians seem to have a greater interest in satan and being possessed by demons than they do in Jesus Christ and being possessed by His Holy Spirit.

The question has been forced upon us: "Can a Christian be demon possessed?" We wish to look at this in the manner of the Bible and not on the basis of the pre-conditioning of theologians and philosophy. "Let us reason together" is the Bible's admonition and to "Test all things; hold fast to that which is true." We wish to look at the matter in the light of reason.

The term "syllogism" refers to a process of deductive reasoning based upon a major premise, a minor premise, and the subsequent conclusion. An example is that we say "All men are foolish." (Major premise). We then make the observation "G. Smith is a man." (Minor premise) and we arrive at "Therefore G. Smith is foolish." (Conclusion). As you can see it is imperative that all three parts of the syllogy are correct, else it fails.

The past writers have made this syllogy:

1. (Major premise) A Born-Again Believer is indwelt by the Holy Spirit.

2. (Minor premise) The Spirit of God cannot permit demons to reside where it resides.

3. (Conclusion) Therefore, No Born-Again Believer can be possessed by demons.

We must point out the major fault in the syllogy in that the minor premise could also be phrased:

2. The Spirit of God cannot tolerate sin and will not allow it in its presence.

The conclusion would thus follow:

3. Therefore, no Born-Again Believer can have sin in him or commit a sin.

We wish to point out that the Bible never uses the term "possessed" in references to demons residing inside someone. The term is "demonized" and never refers to ownership in relation to this "demonizing" of a person.

Now, it should be obvious that the conclusion of both syllogies are false. A Born-Again Believer does sin, does have sin in his flesh and is constantly warring against the Spirit of God. Those who choose to think that Born-Again Believers cannot be demonized always quote the Scriptures that refer to our place of residence "in the heavenly places" (Ephesians 2:6) and that we are in Christ (John 14:20)) and Christ is in us (Colossians 1:27) and make the conclusion "If I am in Christ and satan has nothing in Him, satan can have nothing in me!"

We must make note that the verses used to substantiate the argument ALWAYS refer to the spiritual part of man - not the flesh. All the verses make reference to the issue of our spiritual relationship with God. To claim that we are isolated from the demonizing of satan and his forces only makes others let down their guard. We are able to rest in Christ and know that Jesus will cover us in His hands; However, we must look to the matter of those who fail to rest in Jesus and actively participate in occult activities, either with some knowledge or in ignorance.

Too many appointments for counseling have come up from the issue of a Born- Again Christian having attended a seance, or been to a retreat that was (unknown to the Believer) run by a cult group where Tarot cards and other demonic activity was taking place. TM (Trancendental Meditation) is an example. Many a Christian who has failed to "test all things" has attended TM meetings and participated in the initiation rites of the cult. In the process of being given their "mantra" they are given phrases in Sanskrit that are LITERALLY requests for the gods of Hinduism to come into their lives.

The point we are making is two fold. FIRST, a person, whether he be a Believer in Jesus Christ or a non-believer, who INVITES demons into his/her life will have his invitation answered. The invitation is not nearly as difficult as the eviction will be. SECOND, A Born-Again believer cannot, against his/her will be demonized! Those who succumb are those who have, unwittingly, consented to the demonizing.

We are told that satan can appear as "an ANGEL OF LIGHT" and we can look at the words in the original text and see that the intent of satan would be to make the "viewer" believe that satan represented the truth! The Mormons have succumbed to this same angel (Look at the first vision of Joseph Smith), and many a Believer has been baptized by the mormons and in so doing have received the "blessing of the powers and dominions upon yourself and your generations after you unto the fourth generation."

In the Bible, who is referred to as "powers and dominions?" Satan and his forces are the references. The difficulty is that the only basis for the "test" of "Test all things" is the Bible. The problem is in the fact that many (too many) Born-Again Believers have chosen to keep one foot in the world and one foot in heaven and fail to read their Bible. The latest survey of Christianity tells us that the average Christian reads his Bible less than 12 minutes a WEEK! This is not enough "meat" to provide strength to be strong against the weakest of satan's demons.

To close, we wish to state that a Born-Again Believer in the Lord Jesus Christ can be "demonized" only if the Believer yields room to the demonic forces - either knowingly or unknowingly. Only through the "growing to be elder men" through constant and consistent feeding of the Word of God, through prayer and complete communication with our Father in Heaven can we even be aware of the dangers that lurk in the most innocent of activities. Only if we are aware that such demonizing can occur can we be wary and take the necessary time to "Test ALL things." We need to "test the spirits to see if they are of God" all the time (without ceasing) and be more aware that we "can do NOTHING without Jesus Christ!"

If you believe that you have engaged in any activity that may have caused you to make the unknowing invitation to satan and his demons, then we urge you to get counsel NOW! You must have the demons evicted, and ONLY through the power of the Lord Jesus Christ can that be accomplished. It is our recommendation that you approach the Elders of your church body to have this effort made.

It is our prayer that each of us can become more conformed to the image of Jesus Christ and that we recognize that we must be aware of the power that satan has. We must be even more aware that "Greater is He that is in us than he that is in the world!"
Re: Demons: Your Invisible Enemies! ( Let's Discuss) by ichuka(m): 6:18pm On Dec 20, 2011
@op
If demons are not the falling angels.then where are they(the falling angels)?
Rev12:3-4,says then another sign appeared in Heaven,an enormous red dragon with seven heads and ten horns and seven crowns on his  heads.4,HIS TAIL SWEPT A THIRD OF THE STARS OUT OF THE SKY AND FLUNG THEM TO THE EARTH.
lets assume we have 200billion stars in the Milky Way(not the universe)and a Third of the stars are flung to the earth,which is about 67billion stars.
Ish9:15b,says the prophets who teach lies are the TAIL.the tail of the dragon denotes lying and deception.
In Rev1:19, stars refer to angels.one third of the angels in Heaven were deceived by the dragon and they were flung to the  earth.i believe demons are the falling angels,thats the reason a man can be possess with a thousand and one demons.because they are so many.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] / Happy New Year / Your Eyes Your Mind!! Your Mind Your Eyes!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.