Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,001 members, 7,821,507 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

My Mum's Experience With WEMA BANK - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Mum's Experience With WEMA BANK (20615 Views)

Nneoma Anosike Sues Wema Bank For Illegal Use Of Photo / Wema Bank Appoints New Non-executive Director / Wema Bank Launches Solar-powered Mobile Branch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mum's Experience With WEMA BANK by free2ryhme: 2:22pm On Nov 29, 2015
This bank still dey exist
Re: My Mum's Experience With WEMA BANK by saintfizzo(m): 2:23pm On Nov 29, 2015
Thanx for the info.... I don blacklist WEMA bank from my transactions, I can't afford to lose a kobo in this current tight economy
Re: My Mum's Experience With WEMA BANK by Nobody: 2:34pm On Nov 29, 2015
U have implicated ur mum Mum by sayin she gave u her card to withdraw. Dat is wrong

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mum's Experience With WEMA BANK by MyMentor: 2:36pm On Nov 29, 2015
That bank is in serious problem if nt facing closure.
Radio Biafra postd d news on Fb last week.
Re: My Mum's Experience With WEMA BANK by ta4ba3(m): 2:39pm On Nov 29, 2015
They've skimmed ur mothers atm card... these boys won't kill us
Re: My Mum's Experience With WEMA BANK by unmask: 2:49pm On Nov 29, 2015
Op you can use a master and verve card on an account.....nothing new......and security of cards isnt actually a bank thing.......they subscribe to the platforms so the technology providers behind those cards (mastercard and interswitch) and the card makers are the ones mostly responsible for security of said cards.

Although your case might be an inhouse thing.

Finally once you let anyone get ur card details.....then you will most likely be sorry
Re: My Mum's Experience With WEMA BANK by Abduletudaye(m): 2:50pm On Nov 29, 2015
Access Bank anytime anyday! Accessmobile, Access Online, PayWithCapture(creators)... E-channel movement!

But ermmm..does Wema bank still exist

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Mum's Experience With WEMA BANK by Abduletudaye(m): 2:53pm On Nov 29, 2015
panachuku:
U have implicated ur mum Mum by sayin she gave u her card to withdraw. Dat is wrong

Implicate? Assuming she is really aged, how she go take do am?
Re: My Mum's Experience With WEMA BANK by Angeltoyo(f): 2:55pm On Nov 29, 2015
@op you are very right. I went to a mall and the cashier was surprised that my wema ATM car did not request for a my pin while makin payment. I quickly retrieve it and left the place immediately. She knew something was fishy but coudnt address it.
Re: My Mum's Experience With WEMA BANK by Nobody: 2:59pm On Nov 29, 2015
Abduletudaye:

Implicate? Assuming she is really aged, how she go take do am?
dat one no concern bank. As long as u disclosed ur pin to another person d law/court go side d bank. Bt d bank self mess up. As its online now they might compensate her sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mum's Experience With WEMA BANK by rio8484(m): 3:09pm On Nov 29, 2015
Wema Bank is the only bank i will never in my life send funds to via internet transfer...e go always hang shaaaa ni. I love my Diamond Mobile app, GTMobile app and Zenith Mobile...those are banks
Re: My Mum's Experience With WEMA BANK by abeniagbon(m): 3:23pm On Nov 29, 2015
I got wema bank. But I don't used that there ATM things. It just a crazy experience with them. I requested a loan after of which they collect all my referees and guarantor. Yet they said they don't have money to lend out. So why did they collect my document and let me go through stress thinking I was with a right bank. They are just a time waister. Kiakia I just visit Zenith bank they are very fast in everything. Within one week account is ready with atm . They even save my money. But loan is 15million turn over transaction but that's cool to know. Instead of time waister bank like wema bank
Re: My Mum's Experience With WEMA BANK by Chimdiebere(m): 3:50pm On Nov 29, 2015
justicejay:
Happy Sunday to that man who's salary was wiped grin grin grin
happy Sunday indeed

Re: My Mum's Experience With WEMA BANK by thegame(m): 3:50pm On Nov 29, 2015
Angeltoyo:
@op you are very right. I went to a mall and the cashier was surprised that my wema ATM car did not request for a my pin while makin payment. I quickly retrieve it and left the place immediately. She knew something was fishy but coudnt address it.

This one is serious o. Which mall did you go to and how come no pin??

Did you complain at the bank? Thats some serious ish o
Re: My Mum's Experience With WEMA BANK by kodlins(f): 3:50pm On Nov 29, 2015
Jesus you mean?

commitcrime:
Regional bank turn National Bank!

Chisos!
Make I go close my account asap tomorrow
Re: My Mum's Experience With WEMA BANK by Nosky4life: 3:52pm On Nov 29, 2015
Try UBA it is one of the best bank in Africa
Re: My Mum's Experience With WEMA BANK by Nobody: 3:55pm On Nov 29, 2015
kodlins:
Jesus you mean?

Hun Hun
Jesu I mean
Swerve. Face ur lane
Re: My Mum's Experience With WEMA BANK by Chimdiebere(m): 3:56pm On Nov 29, 2015
Imagine you had N100M in your account at Wema bank and all of a sudden you discovered that you have a problem which made you to have temporary access to your account then after waiting you discovered only N700 left in your account . you'll be like this man in this pic

Re: My Mum's Experience With WEMA BANK by amazingspiderma: 3:59pm On Nov 29, 2015
If you want results kindly send mails to the bank branch manager and copy all authorities in the bank,don't forget to include the EFCC.
Then get a good lawyer,who is seriously looking for cash.
Thank me later.
If you don't make it difficult for these guys,your money is gone.
Re: My Mum's Experience With WEMA BANK by cosby07: 4:04pm On Nov 29, 2015
tintingz:
WEMA na bank?

Access>>> bank all the way.

Access >>> what ? If I hear peren !!! That's the worst bank ever

1 Like

Re: My Mum's Experience With WEMA BANK by ichoku: 4:15pm On Nov 29, 2015
This is bad news. Nevertheless, I enjoy banking with WEMA. They give you less stress and attend to you promptly once you go to their bank. Even their e-channel that the op is complaining about (I make use of internet banking option and had their mobile banking option before) is the best for me. I do not even use their ATM only because they are a regional bank. But in truth, I enjoy WEMA no be small. What the op is complaining about can be a temporary challenge which can happen to any bank. In the past I have had such challenge with GTB, and in anger i abandoned the bank and have even refused to link them up with my BVN.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum's Experience With WEMA BANK by greggng: 4:24pm On Nov 29, 2015
Nothing will separate me from the love of God and my bank zenith bank the ultimate bank for ur peace of mind quote me
Re: My Mum's Experience With WEMA BANK by Kazrem(m): 4:38pm On Nov 29, 2015
I had to remind myself the name of the bank while reading if it wasn't Eco bank.
Re: My Mum's Experience With WEMA BANK by Adesiji77: 4:49pm On Nov 29, 2015
cosby07:

Access >>> what ? If I hear peren !!! That's the worst bank ever

cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: My Mum's Experience With WEMA BANK by afuye(m): 4:51pm On Nov 29, 2015
My =N= 19,000 has been trapped due to dispense error on November 28, 2014 so yesterday 28th November makes it 1 year I HAVE NOT COLLECTED MY MINEY DUE TO THEIR INEFFECTIVE SYSTEM. So true what the OP said. Steer clear off their ex channel. If WEMA or their e-channel is in doubt of my claim send me a mssg on Bbm 58A78BA8 or PM me here thanks for the awareness OP
Re: My Mum's Experience With WEMA BANK by holuphisayor(m): 4:59pm On Nov 29, 2015
Re: My Mum's Experience With WEMA BANK by SirAweezy(m): 5:02pm On Nov 29, 2015
Adesiji77:
@gElite

Sorry about the unfavourable incident.

What you just described above could have happened in any bank. Like @damton said, your post sounded like an outright demarketing of Wema Bank. It may surprise you that Wema's online channels have been upgraded and they now compete favorably with the so-called top banks.

A few years ago, one of the banks that you recommended above was the hotbed of frauds on customers accounts until it was gradually curtailed. Rumour has it that some guys in their IT unit were helping themselves to customers' funds... lipsrsealed

Obviously, your mum's debit card has been compromised. This could have happened through the use of a compromised terminal (ATM).

However, what I find questionable is the apparent failure of the bank to block your mum's card upon request and cessation of sms alerts. The bank really needs to investigate this. Could there have been internal connivance?

You are free to lodge your complaints with CBN via the email provided below by @toluxa1 for quicker resolution.

NB: I am not an employee of Wema Bank.

Cc:Akankemi1

excuse me! there is nothing de-marketing here. i am a witness to the same issue with my uncle and wema where all his life savings were gone imagine someone who is just about to retire, got to his bank Wema bank and all his funds were gone. they even treated the issue with some kind of levity until the commissioner of police came in... it took the Wema bank 6 to 7 months to rectify it. and you are here talking about Demarketing. "Demarketing my foot"

Bank with Wema at your own risk!
Re: My Mum's Experience With WEMA BANK by Aarenasbaba(m): 5:07pm On Nov 29, 2015
End time bank
Re: My Mum's Experience With WEMA BANK by MrBONE2(m): 5:10pm On Nov 29, 2015
justicejay:
Happy Sunday to that man who's salary was wiped grin grin grin
End Time Birthday Wishersgrin
Re: My Mum's Experience With WEMA BANK by Adesiji77: 5:35pm On Nov 29, 2015
SirAweezy:

excuse me! there is nothing de-marketing here. i am a witness to the same issue with my uncle and wema where all his life savings were gone imagine someone who is just about to retire, got to his bank Wema bank and all his funds were gone. they even treated the issue with some kind of levity until the commissioner of police came in... it took the Wema bank 6 to 7 months to rectify it. and you are here talking about Demarketing. "Demarketing my foot"

Bank with Wema at your own risk!

In that case, the bank's management still has a lot to do...

Without prejudice to the advice given @gElite to mail CBN, this will definitely get to them, one way or the other.

Cc: afuye

1 Like

Re: My Mum's Experience With WEMA BANK by tommyich06: 6:01pm On Nov 29, 2015
its unfortunate that ur mum had such experiences. it could happen to any one. one of ur recommended banks has one of the highest case of internet fraud in the industry. so much frauds are happening on e-channels of most of the Banks in the industry. but to be sincere with Wema e-channel services is really cool. ur card can be controlled via ur mobile banking app. which means I can give u my pin, pan and Security and yet u won't be able to take kobo out of my account. all u need to do is to login to ur mobile banking and go to card control and switch off ur card for all transactions ATM, POS and web Payment. Wema mobile banking is second to none in the industry and they charge least when u use ur naira card to withdraw abroad.

2 Likes

Re: My Mum's Experience With WEMA BANK by pabjaye: 6:04pm On Nov 29, 2015
@gElite

I am a staff of Wema Bank and I have read your post.

I am truly sorry for the experience narrated below on your mum's account. Please extend our empathies to her also. I want to believe your post is to achieve prompt and favourable resolution. Hence, I would please recommend that you provide again details of the affected account (account number) to either of the following contacts of the bank listed below.

Whatsapp:07051112111
E-mail: Purpleconnect@wemabank.com

This is to enable us assist and ensure this is not treated with levity or delay.

We would be expecting your feedback please. You can either repost your complaint including the account number to the contacts above or refer to the subject of the post. It would be picked up promptly.

Do enjoy the rest of your day please.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

3 Things You Should Know Before Joining Longrich Business / I Want To Start Importation Of Spare Parts Pls Help / Nigerian Manufacturers Capture Eastern, Southern African Markets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.