Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,093 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

My Mum's Experience With WEMA BANK - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Mum's Experience With WEMA BANK (20603 Views)

Nneoma Anosike Sues Wema Bank For Illegal Use Of Photo / Wema Bank Appoints New Non-executive Director / Wema Bank Launches Solar-powered Mobile Branch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mum's Experience With WEMA BANK by pabjaye: 6:16pm On Nov 29, 2015
gElite:
Before I go on, please note this is not a sponsored post or an attempt to tarnish the image of the said bank. I know they are very active on social media platforms. So I believe i can be heard via this medium. This actually happened to my mum.

Just last month she told me to help her withdraw some amount from an ATM nearby, on getting there I discovered that all the money in her account was gone. A complaint was made and we were told there was a fraudulent transaction on her card so her account was temporary blocked till all investigations are concluded. They showed us the cash that was being held pending when all investigations are completed.. In my mind, i was like.. Good job! You guys are performers.
We were advised to block the card and request a new one. At this point my mum was like, they should block it and about getting a new one, Forget it. She said she wouldn't mind queueing to get her cash. So long it is safe.

We waited for about 3 weeks then we got a credit alert of the amount that was temporarily held but we didn't get a refund for the said fraudulent transaction (Voice mail things) although we really didn't bother because it was just about 1000 naira for Web recharge.

Just two days ago, Friday the 27th of November, she went to the bank (to queue of course) and withdraw her money. She was told she didn't have any money in her account that there was a repeated N1000 pay with capture transactions on her account till all cash was gone. So I asked few questions..

1. What happened to the blocked ATM?
2. What happened to the N4 per SMS alert she gets per transaction? Or is she defaulting for any month thereby making her suspended from using this service as we didn't get any alert?

They said they would look into it and get back to us. So we asked if there was any chance of recovering this cash because we remembered what happened to the last one as this case is not of the cash being held. Then the customer representative pointing at a member of staff told us.. "see that man over there, His last month salary was wiped clean not too long after payment and up till now it hasn't been rectified so she can't really comment on that" then I smiled.

When this issue was raised in my house, my bro said up till last month when his old wema atm expired, he said he could use both the old verve and new Mastercard atms to withdraw cash on any atm.. Was like, I don't bilivit.. Sis also shared experience of her friend's husband. He said he had to let go of his cash.

We have called purple connect and we were told this is being looked into. Be sure to get an update from me when I hear from them.

Now my advise to all Nairalanders ... It is very evident that WEMA bank hasn't gotten it's e-channel thing right, so my advice,
1. Maintain a savings account with them because they have fairly reasonable interest compared to other banks I have used.
2. Steer clear of their e-channels for now at least till they get things right. I'll recommend gtb, access or diamond. But GTB most especially.

What are your experiences with Nigerian banks?

cc: lalastical

@gElite

I am a staff of Wema Bank and I have read your post.

I am truly sorry for the experience narrated below on your mum's account. Please extend our empathies to her also. I want to believe your post is to achieve prompt and favourable resolution. Hence, I would please recommend that you provide again details of the affected account (account number) to either of the following contacts of the bank listed below.

Whatsapp:07051112111
E-mail: Purpleconnect@wemabank.com

This is to enable us assist and ensure this is not treated with levity or delay.

We would be expecting your feedback please. You can either repost your complaint including the account number to the contacts above or refer to the subject of the post. It would be picked up promptly.

Do enjoy the rest of your day please.

2 Likes

Re: My Mum's Experience With WEMA BANK by pabjaye: 6:38pm On Nov 29, 2015
MyMentor:
That bank is in serious problem if nt facing closure.
Radio Biafra postd d news on Fb last week.

What serious problem? Please listen to news from real radio stations to get your facts right. The bank just went national last week... I wonder what serious problem means in radio biafra
Re: My Mum's Experience With WEMA BANK by optimised: 7:21pm On Nov 29, 2015
I dumped Wema Bank when I discovered that N100 was disappearing from my savings account monthly without SMS and email alert. On enquiry I discovered that they are silently charging this as Infrastructure Fee.
I have switched my salary account to another bank tey tey.
I started having feelings last year that Wema may be having survival challenges and I have removed all my savings from there. I don't want to be caught napping
Re: My Mum's Experience With WEMA BANK by Nobody: 9:52pm On Nov 29, 2015
OLD TIME RELIGION

Re: My Mum's Experience With WEMA BANK by kayfam(m): 10:32pm On Nov 29, 2015
toluxa1:
This is the problem with all this new payment systems coming up. Pay with Capture! Just creating so many loop holes.

This is my advice to you. Write a detailed email like you have done here, explaining all that happened and send it to CBN. Their email for customer complaints is cpd@cbn.gov.ng
Trust me, you will get your money back.

Well I have my own share of the story. Early this month, I saw some alert on my phone of debit and credit 3times, I was debited 3times and credit 3times, but lucky for me I checked account balance a night before, so I was sure of balance. I notice my account was debited of 1000 three times. I went to a branch of wema bank to complain and we notice the transaction was done on Web capture. I was asked did I use my Master card to pay for anything online or did I use quickteller? I remember, I used quick teller to do some transfer, I was told to block the card straight away and got some explanations that quick teller was not a secure platform to transfer money. Most of the staff there just wished me congratulations that all my cash was not transferred. Thank you for providing this option of CBN. I will try to explore the option also and see the out come of the result.
Re: My Mum's Experience With WEMA BANK by viviangist3: 10:36pm On Nov 29, 2015
Re: My Mum's Experience With WEMA BANK by kayfam(m): 10:38pm On Nov 29, 2015
gElite:
Before I go on, please note this is not a sponsored post or an attempt to tarnish the image of the said bank. I know they are very active on social media platforms. So I believe i can be heard via this medium. This actually happened to my mum.

Just last month she told me to help her withdraw some amount from an ATM nearby, on getting there I discovered that all the money in her account was gone. A complaint was made and we were told there was a fraudulent transaction on her card so her account was temporary blocked till all investigations are concluded. They showed us the cash that was being held pending when all investigations are completed.. In my mind, i was like.. Good job! You guys are performers.
We were advised to block the card and request a new one. At this point my mum was like, they should block it and about getting a new one, Forget it. She said she wouldn't mind queueing to get her cash. So long it is safe.

We waited for about 3 weeks then we got a credit alert of the amount that was temporarily held but we didn't get a refund for the said fraudulent transaction (Voice mail things) although we really didn't bother because it was just about 1000 naira for Web recharge.

Just two days ago, Friday the 27th of November, she went to the bank (to queue of course) and withdraw her money. She was told she didn't have any money in her account that there was a repeated N1000 pay with capture transactions on her account till all cash was gone. So I asked few questions..

2. What happened to the N4 per SMS alert she gets per transaction? Or is she defaulting for any month thereby making her suspended from using this service as we didn't get any alert?

They said they would look into it and get back to us. So we asked if there was any chance of recovering this cash because we remembered what happened to the last one as this case is not of the cash being held. Then the customer representative pointing at a member of staff told us.. "see that man over there, His last month salary was wiped clean not too long after payment and up till now it hasn't been rectified so she can't really comment on that" then I smiled.

When this issue was raised in my house, my bro said up till last month when his old wema atm expired, he said he could use both the old verve and new Mastercard atms to withdraw cash on any atm.. Was like, I don't bilivit.. Sis also shared experience of her friend's husband. He said he had to let go of his cash.

We have called purple connect and we were told this is being looked into. Be sure to get an update from me when I hear from them.

Now my advise to all Nairalanders ... It is very evident that WEMA bank hasn't gotten it's e-channel thing right, so my advice,
1. Maintain a savings account with them because they have fairly reasonable interest compared to other banks I have used.
2. Steer clear of their e-channels for now at least till they get things right. I'll recommend gtb, access or diamond. But GTB most especially.

Re: My Mum's Experience With WEMA BANK by kayfam(m): 10:39pm On Nov 29, 2015
gElite:

Well I have my own share of the story. Early this month, I saw some alert on my phone of debit and credit 3times, I was debited 3times and credit 3times, but lucky for me I checked account balance a night before, so I was sure of balance. I notice my account was debited of 1000 three times. I went to a branch of wema bank to complain and we notice the transaction was done on Web capture. I was asked did I use my Master card to pay for anything online or did I use quickteller? I remember, I used quick teller to do some transfer, I was told to block the card straight away and got some explanations that quick teller was not a secure platform to transfer money. Most of the staff there just wished me congratulations that all my cash was not transferred. Thank you for providing this option of CBN. I will try to explore the option also and see the out come of the result.
Re: My Mum's Experience With WEMA BANK by MyMentor: 5:49am On Nov 30, 2015
pabjaye:

What serious problem? Please listen to news from real radio stations to get your facts right. The bank just went national last week... I wonder what serious problem means in radio biafra
sentiment and bigotory as a Wema Bank staff hv blinded ur sense of perception n judgmnt in such u think dat d 2 cases mentioned in dat post was accidental.
Radio Biafra hv postd it b4 this case was postd.
May be, because Biafra was involvd...
Re: My Mum's Experience With WEMA BANK by pabjaye: 9:42am On Nov 30, 2015
MyMentor:

sentiment and bigotory as a Wema Bank staff hv blinded ur sense of perception n judgmnt in such u think dat d 2 cases mentioned in dat post was accidental.
Radio Biafra hv postd it b4 this case was postd.
May be, because Biafra was involvd...

Even if they (radio biafra) posted the news last year, it would have still been wrong (incorrect). Its not about sentiments or bigotry but reporting facts. If news is a fact, it will remain a fact regrdless of the time.
Re: My Mum's Experience With WEMA BANK by afuye(m): 10:29am On Nov 30, 2015
I have sent a letter to the head office ( now 10 months now ) and called purple connect ( 11 months plus ) no actionss e till now
Adesiji77:

In that case, the bank's management still has a lot to do...

Without prejudice to the advice given @gElite to mail CBN, this will definitely get to them, one way or the other.

Cc: afuye
Re: My Mum's Experience With WEMA BANK by Adesiji77: 10:38am On Nov 30, 2015
afuye:
I have sent a letter to the head office ( now 10 months now ) and called purple connect ( 11 months plus ) no actionss e till now

@pabjaye

I guess you have to take this up as well.
Re: My Mum's Experience With WEMA BANK by pabjaye: 11:34am On Nov 30, 2015
Adesiji77:

@pabjaye

My apologies for this @Afuye. Can you please give me something I can work with and also get your case investigated with feedback. Can you please send an e-mail with your mobile number to purpleconnect@wemabank.com so I can contact you for possible resolution.
Re: My Mum's Experience With WEMA BANK by MyMentor: 12:17pm On Nov 30, 2015
pabjaye:

Even if they (radio biafra) posted the news last year, it would have still been wrong (incorrect). Its not about sentiments or bigotry but reporting facts. If news is a fact, it will remain a fact regrdless of the time.
U think d Bank wil let u knw if dey have prblems? Joke!
Ask ur fellow workers (if u knw any) who r victim of defunct banks and how it started.
Re: My Mum's Experience With WEMA BANK by afuye(m): 2:36pm On Nov 30, 2015
I have sent it sir 08185431319
pabjaye:

My apologies for this @Afuye. Can you please give me something I can work with and also get your case investigated with feedback. Can you please send an e-mail with your mobile number to purpleconnect@wemabank.com so I can contact you for possible resolution.
Re: My Mum's Experience With WEMA BANK by pabjaye: 3:36pm On Nov 30, 2015
MyMentor:

U think d Bank wil let u knw if dey have prblems? Joke!
Ask ur fellow workers (if u knw any) who r victim of defunct banks and how it started.

Some people have information while some others wait for it to be told to them. I know where I stand. We appreciate the concern anyways but rest assured, Wema is good and strong! It's a statement of fact you can "take to the bank".

1 Like

Re: My Mum's Experience With WEMA BANK by shocker007(m): 4:15pm On Nov 30, 2015
If not for this topic, i won't know about this monthly access fee o.
Why is Wema charging me for Access fee? What access do they mean?

Pabjaye answer this and see attached image.

UPDATE: I've called purple connect and was told the Access fee charge is for Internet Banking.

Re: My Mum's Experience With WEMA BANK by afuye(m): 4:42pm On Nov 30, 2015
He has sir and called me . Thanks you.
Adesiji77:

@pabjaye

Re: My Mum's Experience With WEMA BANK by pabjaye: 10:03am On Dec 01, 2015
shocker007:
If not for this topic, i won't know about this monthly access fee o.
Why is Wema charging me for Access fee? What access do they mean?

Pabjaye answer this and see attached image.

UPDATE: I've called purple connect and was told the Access fee charge is for Internet Banking.

Good day and Happy New Month @shocker007 Access Fee Charge covers way more than Internet Banking service. However, could you please provide me with a contact (Mobile number or E-mail address) to enable me reach you and asisst with any issues you may have
Re: My Mum's Experience With WEMA BANK by shocker007(m): 11:46pm On Dec 01, 2015
pabjaye:

Good day and Happy New Month @shocker007 Access Fee Charge covers way more than Internet Banking service. However, could you please provide me with a contact (Mobile number or E-mail address) to enable me reach you and asisst with any issues you may have

I traced my statement and the Access fee started July when I activated my internet banking.
So what else are you saying it covers way more than that.?
Re: My Mum's Experience With WEMA BANK by pabjaye: 8:10am On Dec 02, 2015
shocker007:

I traced my statement and the Access fee started July when I activated my internet banking.
So what else are you saying it covers way more than that.?

@shocker007 Good morning. My statement means The Access Fee doesnt only cover Internet banking services. Being that you have an the internet banking service, that would also mean you have a registered e-mail address to your account. If you could provide a little more detail to enable us identify you, we would send you details of what access fee covers. We also do hope you are subscribed to our Wema Mobile. It is another great service of ours you wouldnt want to miss out on. Have a wonderful day ahead please.
Re: My Mum's Experience With WEMA BANK by Seun360(m): 9:29am On Jan 30, 2016
Wema na archaic bank na, you see their staffers chew puff puff in da banking all while attending to you.
Re: My Mum's Experience With WEMA BANK by MyMentor: 2:08pm On May 07, 2016
pabjaye:

Some people have information while some others wait for it to be told to them. I know where I stand. We appreciate the concern anyways but rest assured, Wema is good and strong! It's a statement of fact you can "take to the bank".
finally, what is d situation now (check front page 4 latest)?
By now, hope, u knw d media dat sees d future in d present.
Re: My Mum's Experience With WEMA BANK by MyMentor: 2:19pm On May 07, 2016
pabjaye:

please, cross-check now it is happenin and apologiz if u care.
Re: My Mum's Experience With WEMA BANK by deeswagger: 7:19am On Jun 14, 2016
Having a problem with Wema too, their e-platform is so messed up, i will not advice anybody to use it. and they are so slow at solving issues. all i want is my 19,555 naira wrongly debited from my account

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top Paying Online Marketing Programs Nigerians Can Sign Up For / Nigerian Manufacturers Capture Eastern, Southern African Markets / 3 Things You Should Know Before Joining Longrich Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.