Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

To Be Born-again: 6 Practical Signs Of Repentance - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / To Be Born-again: 6 Practical Signs Of Repentance (16266 Views)

Born Again Lady, Sylvia Eguonor, Shares Before & After Photos / Former Prostitute Marks 3 Months Of Not Having Sex After Her Repentance. Photo / Born Again Lady Uses Knife To Cut Her Tattooed Hand After Using Hot Iron (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To Be Born-again: 6 Practical Signs Of Repentance by Dekatron(m): 3:12pm On Nov 29, 2015
1feness:
A good person is naturally good. Not due to a god.

Why did you deactivate before nah?? I missed u oo.
Re: To Be Born-again: 6 Practical Signs Of Repentance by Godsate: 3:14pm On Nov 29, 2015
Aristotle96:
It ain't easy but I pray God help me cry

God is always ready to help you and His help is always with you. Only be careful of what you allow into you life (mind) i.e music,film,coversation around you and your confesions. Above all make the word of God your friend and pray always. I trust Holy Spirit He will surely guide you and help.

Jesus is Lord!

1 Like

Re: To Be Born-again: 6 Practical Signs Of Repentance by michkosi(m): 3:22pm On Nov 29, 2015
#in timaya voice#. #in timaya voice#. #in timaya voice#. I concur
Re: To Be Born-again: 6 Practical Signs Of Repentance by calliope(f): 3:43pm On Nov 29, 2015
Godsate:

Natural goodness can't take you to the kingdom of God. It's the Presense of Holy Spirit in you that make's you perfect. When you are in Christ and The Christ is in you, your righteousness will no longer be like a filty rag in God's presense. When God look at you He sees Jesus Christ.

Life without Christ is life without Holy Spirit and life without Holy Spirit is like a mobile phone without SIM card.
shut d'Bleep up!
Re: To Be Born-again: 6 Practical Signs Of Repentance by vooks: 3:43pm On Nov 29, 2015
Highcuerayte:
Nice one bro. Keep it up

Meanwhile Mr vooks, don't you demand scripture from this writer too? Or you believe without the scriptures too
You lack humility to accept reproof. I told you I can't possibly pick on everyone and start demanding scriptures. I picked you and you failed woefully because you have none. You just had to do a Sunday rant purely off your head and your MoG.

If any Christian wants to be taken seriously, they MUST back their reproof with scriptures.

1 Like

Re: To Be Born-again: 6 Practical Signs Of Repentance by peedeeasobie(m): 3:47pm On Nov 29, 2015
Rubbish.... this is your personal opinion!
no single scripture quoted!
Re: To Be Born-again: 6 Practical Signs Of Repentance by ipreach: 3:58pm On Nov 29, 2015
In addition to the points above, the repented people always read the Bible in order to get instruction and direction from God.

Also, they always make sure the fulfill the commandment and comssiion of preaching the gospel to every creatures Mark 16:15
Re: To Be Born-again: 6 Practical Signs Of Repentance by Nobody: 4:08pm On Nov 29, 2015
Dekatron:

Why did you deactivate before nah?? I missed u oo.

I was banned for lengthy months on by the Islamic mod that's why
Re: To Be Born-again: 6 Practical Signs Of Repentance by Nobody: 4:09pm On Nov 29, 2015
Godsate:

Natural goodness can't take you to the kingdom of God. It's the Presense of Holy Spirit in you that make's you perfect. When you are in Christ and The Christ is in you, your righteousness will no longer be like a filty rag in God's presense. When God look at you He sees Jesus Christ.

Life without Christ is life without Holy Spirit and life without Holy Spirit is like a mobile phone without SIM card.

What Kingdom could that be? You only circulating what you have been wrongly informed. This is 2015,not 20 AD.

1 Like

Re: To Be Born-again: 6 Practical Signs Of Repentance by johnstin(m): 4:10pm On Nov 29, 2015
Dindondin:
All I. know is its not easy to be. a Christian

To be honest, it is not easy. It takes nothing but the Grace of GOD.

Let me share some of my experiences. Some people may learn from them.

When I got saved in 2014, I felt so good and holy. I felt I was now free from the bondage of sin and couldn't sin anymore. So I was kind of relaxed: I was not serious with my prayer life. I felt all was well.

Not too long afterwards, I fell. Someone got me angry and I did what I wasn't supposed to do.
After the dust of the incident settled, I sat down to reflect on my reaction. I was shocked myself by my reaction, which was unbecoming of a born-again christain. Thankfully, I repented and Jesus forgave me.

Apparently, my poor prayer life was to blame for my fall.
A christain that doesn't pray often can fall at any time. The truth is that man is weak and the devil knows our weak points.

I went to do some work in a place that had several female students around. I was having contact with these students on a daily basis.
These girls were mostly young and in their prime. Many of them were wearing provocative outfits.

How did I survive these onslaught of temtation on a daily basis?
Mind you, before I got saved, I was like the regular guy that had many girlfriends.
So how did I survive, I ask again rhetorically.

Before leaving my place of abode, I will pray specifically for the grace to overcome any form of temptation. When I get there, I will pray again for grace and read my bible for at least 30 minutes before even eating my food.

Then when the girls come, I will keep my eyes in check. I will avoid looking at their exposed cleavages, thighs or gazing at their behind when they turn to leave.
When I don't look at these things, what don't fantasize about?
Some of these girls tried their best to tempt me but thank GOD that I was already fortified with prayer and the word of GOD. They will try to engage me in conversation and have me lust after them but all these attempts failed.

Fine, you are saved but you still have work to do. As a born-again male, you must keep your eyes. If you can keep your eyes, you have won 80% of the battle against temptation.

Why would a pastor, who has been a christain for about 30 years fall to temptation?
The rule for a pastor is the same as for everyone: you must pray fervently, read your bible and keep your eyes. No pastor is above temptation. Any pastor that fails to do the necessary spiritual things will fall.

As a born-again christain, you have no business turning to catch a glimpse of the backside of ladies, you have no business watching secular videos, being unnecessarily close to members of the opposite sex, going to bars, shows and night clubs. If you know you are weak sexually, don't go to swimming pool or beaches where you will see girls in bikinis.

If you relax spritually and feel you are too much, you wouldn't know when you will fall.

May GOD strenghten and uphold us.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Be Born-again: 6 Practical Signs Of Repentance by segcymoor(m): 4:49pm On Nov 29, 2015
Correct
Re: To Be Born-again: 6 Practical Signs Of Repentance by Queengal: 5:42pm On Nov 29, 2015
What about restitution

1 Like

Re: To Be Born-again: 6 Practical Signs Of Repentance by Dindondin(m): 5:55pm On Nov 29, 2015
Godsate:

It's very easy to be christian. Just give your life to God through Christ Jesus genuinely and allow holy Spirit to take control.
Yori yori Christian!
Re: To Be Born-again: 6 Practical Signs Of Repentance by Nobody: 8:56pm On Nov 29, 2015
Ahem.

speechless anyway.
Re: To Be Born-again: 6 Practical Signs Of Repentance by Billygee2u: 12:59am On Nov 30, 2015
iliyande:
How do you know if you’re on the path of repentance? What does the penitent life look like? How can you tell if someone you love is really changing? People who are serious about change tend to display similar behaviors that let you know they are on the right track. Here are a few signs you’ll find in a truly repentant person:

Repentant people are willing to confess all their sins, not just the sins that got them in trouble.

A house isn’t clean until you open every closet and sweep every corner. People who truly desire to be clean are completely honest about their lives. No more secrets.

Repentant people face the pain that their sin caused others.

They invite the victims of their sin (anyone hurt by their actions) to express the intensity of emotions that they feel—anger, hurt, sorrow, and disappointment. Repentant people do not give excuses or shift blame. They made the choice to hurt others, and they must take full responsibility for their behavior.

Repentant people ask forgiveness from those they hurt.

They realize that they can never completely “pay off” the debt they owe their victims. Repentant people don’t pressure others to say, “I forgive you.” Forgiveness is a journey, and the other person needs time to deal with the hurt before they can forgive. All that penitent people can do is admit their indebtedness and humbly request the undeserved gift of forgiveness.

Repentant people remain accountable to a small group of mature Christians.

They gather a group of friends around themselves who hold them accountable to a plan for clean living. They invite the group to question them about their behaviors. And they follow the group’s recommendations regarding how to avoid temptation.

Repentant people accept their limitations.

They realize that the consequences of their sin (including the distrust) will last a long time, perhaps the rest of their lives. They understand that they may never enjoy the same freedom that other people enjoy. Sex offenders or child molesters, for example, should never be alone with children. Alcoholics must abstain from drinking. Adulterers must put strict limitations on their time with members of the opposite sex. That’s the reality of their situation, and they willingly accept their boundaries.

Repentant people are faithful to the daily tasks God has given them.

We serve a merciful God who delights in giving second chances. God offers repentant people a restored relationship with Him and a new plan for life.

Come, let us return to the Lord. He has torn us to pieces but he will heal us; he has injured us but he will bind up our wounds. After two days he will revive us; on the third day he will restore us, that we may live in his presence. (Hosea 6:1-2, emphasis added)

Cc:lalasticlala, ishilove
Re: To Be Born-again: 6 Practical Signs Of Repentance by mrtruth: 7:18am On Nov 30, 2015
God bless you op.
Re: To Be Born-again: 6 Practical Signs Of Repentance by Tytto(f): 11:49am On Dec 07, 2015
Kk
Re: To Be Born-again: 6 Practical Signs Of Repentance by brocab: 12:35am On Dec 24, 2015
The bible is written for us to go by, we prove our Quote's with scriptures, to prove God is in the word.
peedeeasobie:
Rubbish.... this is your personal opinion!

no single scripture quoted!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Was Mary Chosen To Birth Jesus Christ? / Has Mr. Seun Osewa Gone To Church Before / Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.