Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,721 members, 7,820,505 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

Driver with an attitude - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Driver with an attitude (2949 Views)

Can A Driver With Learners Permit Drive On Highway And Expressway / Bounce Exclusive: Meet Arafat, The Danfo Driver With One Leg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Driver with an attitude by DGD1(m): 10:50pm On Nov 30, 2015
Oga EgunMogaji don vex
Re: Driver with an attitude by billy187(m): 11:23am On Dec 01, 2015
EgunMogaji:

If yah have a death wish at least consider the women and children and innocent travelers on the road.

If you aren't such an asshat you wouldn't have had time to take a pic because you'll be busy doing stuff like knocking the gearshift into neutral.

Manipulating the gearshift of a hyperactive, amphetamine hopped up driver at 170km/h = a distracted, hyperactive aphetamine hopped up driver at 170km/h

such genius can NEVER lead to a horrific accident grin
Re: Driver with an attitude by Nobody: 1:27pm On Dec 01, 2015
billy187:

Manipulating the gearshift of a hyperactive, amphetamine hopped up driver at 170km/h = a distracted, hyperactive aphetamine hopped up driver at 170km/h

Continue to make idiotic excuses.

So the vehicle is powered by a nuclear reactor and just leapt from 0 to 160mph?

I'm pretty sure there were opportunities that presented itself during this insane demonstration.

Continue to allow this driver to drive Nigerians to early graves.
Re: Driver with an attitude by redcliff: 10:15am On Dec 06, 2015
abatically:
If my guess is right that is a toyota sienna. Doing that speed on a mini van is stupid especially when it is a transport vehicle. If it were a personal vehicle it would have been a bit fair. I myself traveled from Lagos to owerri last week for a wedding and my top speed was 140km/hr in my 05 accord. Not that i can't go beyond that, but because I had my family in my car and I didn't see any reason to go beyond that.

Although you were being very thoughtful, i still think 140 is too high especially with the fam in the car
Re: Driver with an attitude by Nobody: 11:48am On Dec 06, 2015
billy187:

Knocking the gear lever into neutral will simply cause the car's speed to drop off. It's not the same as engaging P in an automatic.

The chances of an RTA are greater if a minivan is pushed to higher than acceptable speeds, than if neutral was selected at the same speed.
Re: Driver with an attitude by billy187(m): 1:51pm On Dec 06, 2015
Siena:

Knocking the gear lever into neutral will simply cause the car's speed to drop off. It's not the same as engaging P in an automatic.

The chances of an RTA are greater if a minivan is pushed to higher than acceptable speeds, than if neutral was selected at the same speed.

Certainly- I have no contradicting sentiments with the mechanical feasibility- however the very physical interference involved and its distractive implications are what I worry about.
Re: Driver with an attitude by nnamdibig(m): 3:58pm On Dec 06, 2015
billy187:

Certainly- I have no contradicting sentiments with the mechanical feasibility- however the very physical interference involved and its distractive implications are what I worry about.

May be he was thinking we are acting the final version of Fast & Furious not minding what could have to the passengers if the steering is disturbed.
Forgetting we were dealing with a very reluctant & arrogant driver that is on a very high speed.
Re: Driver with an attitude by Nobody: 1:15am On Dec 07, 2015
billy187:

So instead you sit there taking pictures while the driver continues at 160 mph?

Okay then.
Re: Driver with an attitude by Nobody: 1:16am On Dec 07, 2015
nnamdibig:

May be he was thinking we are acting the final version of Fast & Furious not minding what could have to the passengers if the steering is disturbed.
Forgetting we were dealing with a very reluctant & arrogant driver that is on a very high speed.

So the steering wheel and gearshift are not exclusive of each other?
Re: Driver with an attitude by nakoks(m): 6:04am On Dec 09, 2015
Let me share my experience in a commercial bus 5 years ago.That was the last time i was ever in one and God willing it would remain that way.

I was returning to my official base in Asaba after a Sallah break in lagos.Left my car in Lagos and decided to take commercial transport .We took off from jibowu and i immediately noticed the driver was on a death wish.Mad revving,acceleration and manoeuvres you could only imagine.I was at the rear so didn't bother with speedometer reading as I could feel the speed myself.By the time we left toll gate it was out of hand,we started shouting and the driver ignored.At sagamu I yelled i wanted to get down that i wasn't traveling again(was planning to go back and pick my car before some lunatic killed me) passengers and bystanders started appealing and after heated bashing of the driver I continued the journey on assurance of sanity.We did 90km/hr max from sagamu to onitsha and arrived safely at past 4pm(left lagos at 7am).Better safe than late and thereafter i vowed to drive myself or fly and 5 years down no inter state commercial bus for me.
Re: Driver with an attitude by lonelydora: 6:09am On Dec 09, 2015
Op, you have no regard for human life. A commercial bus doing 170km/h and you are happy taking pictures.

Take your God that you are alive to post this on Car talk.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Camry Constantly Jerking And Revving Crazily Before Changing Gears / Changing Ones Car Paint: The Procedure!! / Engine Oil Change

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.