Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,206 members, 7,815,198 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

2015 Chevrolet Camaro VS 2015 Dodge Challenger - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2015 Chevrolet Camaro VS 2015 Dodge Challenger (2866 Views)

Do I Buy The Chevrolet Camaro 2016 For 13m? / See What Is Left Of The N31m Dodge Challenger SRT American Rapper Offset Crashed / This U.S AF's Special Ops Supercar,Dodge Challenger Vapor Will Blow Your Mind (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015 Chevrolet Camaro VS 2015 Dodge Challenger by kkmny81: 10:21am On Oct 14, 2020
Hello People,

I do not know if there is a thread for this already. I am unable to make up my mind on which to go for. A 2015 Chevrolet Camaro or a 2015 Dodge Challenger.

I would like to know what you think especially for those with experience on one or both cars.

The car is not going to be a daily drive, more like a once a week car to drive around within town to events, visits etc. I am more concerned about:

1. Maintenance cost
2. Ease of getting original parts
3. Qualified mechanics in Port Harcourt

I am usually very careful when driving so speed and performance does not really matter as long as the car moves well with no faults and break downs.

Advice needed please. The floor is open!

Re: 2015 Chevrolet Camaro VS 2015 Dodge Challenger by cluewebhost(m): 10:36am On Oct 14, 2020
I was about making a post on this,

Want to get a muscle car but leaning more towards the Dodge though I wanted to know if it has competent mechanics or I should respect myself and DIY.

I know parts would most likely be way billed from the US but that's no issue.

It won't be a daily driver either and same Port Harcourt
Re: 2015 Chevrolet Camaro VS 2015 Dodge Challenger by kkmny81: 10:38am On Oct 14, 2020
cluewebhost:
I was about making a post like this,

Want to get a muscle car but leaning more towards the Dodge though I wanted to know if it has competent mechanics or I should respect myself and DIY.

It won't be a daily driver either and same Port Harcourt

grin I am leaning towards the Camaro cos of its looks but ease and cost of maintenance is my deal breaker.
Re: 2015 Chevrolet Camaro VS 2015 Dodge Challenger by nurey(m): 12:30pm On Oct 14, 2020
There are more Camaro on the street of Lagos than the Challenger.

The Challenger is one of the widest muscle car I have come across. As for parts availability I don't talk to the owners.

For fuel economy depends on what engine is available in the vehicle and how hard you ride emm
Re: 2015 Chevrolet Camaro VS 2015 Dodge Challenger by Kingdemu: 12:47pm On Oct 14, 2020
Camaro all the way. I love the beastly looks
Re: 2015 Chevrolet Camaro VS 2015 Dodge Challenger by kkmny81: 1:42pm On Oct 14, 2020
nurey:

The Challenger is one of the widest muscle car I have come across. As for parts availability I don't talk to the owners.

For fuel economy depends on what engine is available in the vehicle and how hard you ride emm

Do you have any idea about the parts and maintenance for the camaro
Re: 2015 Chevrolet Camaro VS 2015 Dodge Challenger by nurey(m): 5:11pm On Oct 14, 2020
kkmny81:

No idea but ebay got you covered or you simply rely on radautoworks

3 Likes

Re: 2015 Chevrolet Camaro VS 2015 Dodge Challenger by chiefbuchiV12(m): 9:53am On Oct 15, 2020
nurey:

They're both wonderful cars, but the challenger width is easily comparable to a Ford E-series/GMC Savanna and Chevy Express, i think its even wider
Re: 2015 Chevrolet Camaro VS 2015 Dodge Challenger by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:10am On Oct 15, 2020
The Camaro is an actual sports car these days. The Challenger is a boat. What the Challenger wins in is presence, those things are massive.

I'd personally take the Camaro. As with all things American muscle, the V8 is the only thing worth buying.
Re: 2015 Chevrolet Camaro VS 2015 Dodge Challenger by nurey(m): 11:46am On Oct 15, 2020
chiefbuchiV12:

They're both wonderful cars, but the challenger width is easily comparable to a Ford E-series/GMC Savanna and Chevy Express, i think its even wider

The Challenger is a perfect definition of parlor room self contain

1 Like

Re: 2015 Chevrolet Camaro VS 2015 Dodge Challenger by chiefbuchiV12(m): 6:11pm On Oct 15, 2020
nurey:

The Challenger is a perfect definition of parlor room self contain
Ah swear that car suppose be land yatch
Re: 2015 Chevrolet Camaro VS 2015 Dodge Challenger by sultaan(m): 1:14am On Oct 16, 2020
Get the Camaro, and enjoy.

There are V6 versions of both
Re: 2015 Chevrolet Camaro VS 2015 Dodge Challenger by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:19am On Oct 16, 2020
sultaan:

Blasphemy.
Re: 2015 Chevrolet Camaro VS 2015 Dodge Challenger by king406(m): 4:26pm On Oct 16, 2020
Another option you can look at is dodge charger, go for at least R/T trim or SRT if your pocket permits.
Re: 2015 Chevrolet Camaro VS 2015 Dodge Challenger by king406(m): 4:26pm On Oct 16, 2020
sultaan:

please dont listen to this man angry

1 Like

Re: 2015 Chevrolet Camaro VS 2015 Dodge Challenger by radautoworks: 8:38pm On Oct 16, 2020
kkmny81:

You can look up prices and inventory here https://www.nairaland.com/post/92790045
Re: 2015 Chevrolet Camaro VS 2015 Dodge Challenger by radautoworks: 8:39pm On Oct 16, 2020
HeavenlyBang:
The Camaro is an actual sports car these days. The Challenger is a boat. What the Challenger wins in is presence, those things are massive.

I'd personally take the Camaro. As with all things American muscle, the V8 is the only thing worth buying.
and I'll take the charger over both grin

1 Like

Re: 2015 Chevrolet Camaro VS 2015 Dodge Challenger by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:05pm On Oct 16, 2020
radautoworks:
and I'll take the charger over both grin

Personally think the Charger looks much better than the Challenger. Plus two extra doors wink

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Chevrolet Camaro VS 2015 Dodge Challenger by sultaan(m): 9:24pm On Oct 16, 2020
The V6 engines are more powerful than the V8 10 years ago, and the 4 cylinder Mustang will beat any V6 any day
So get the Ecoboost Mustang, V8 is for Noise makers.
With 310 horsepers and 350 lbft torque nothing short of a V8 will argue with you on the road
Re: 2015 Chevrolet Camaro VS 2015 Dodge Challenger by radautoworks: 9:32pm On Oct 16, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Personally think the Charger looks much better than the Challenger. Plus two extra doors wink

THIS cool
though I like the previous look more https://www.dodge.com/charger/srt.html

Edit: more specifically
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mntByVpGDg

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Chevrolet Camaro VS 2015 Dodge Challenger by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:24pm On Oct 16, 2020
sultaan:
The V6 engines are more powerful than the V8 10 years ago, and the 4 cylinder Mustang will beat any V6 any day
So get the Ecoboost Mustang, V8 is for Noise makers.
With 310 horsepers and 350 lbft torque nothing short of a V8 will argue with you on the road

False, lmao.
Re: 2015 Chevrolet Camaro VS 2015 Dodge Challenger by sultaan(m): 1:28am On Oct 17, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

False, lmao.

Not totally false but exaggerating information
Re: 2015 Chevrolet Camaro VS 2015 Dodge Challenger by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:13am On Oct 17, 2020
sultaan:

Not totally false but exaggerating information

Honestly, I don't see the point of a four cylinder or six cylinder muscle/pony car. The whole point of those cars is having a huge rumbling American V8. Sure, an Ecoboost Mustang makes good power and torque and can be easily tuned make 350/400 but it still isn't a V8, is it? There's more to an engine than numbers. Refinement, sound, character, powerband etc.
Re: 2015 Chevrolet Camaro VS 2015 Dodge Challenger by kingreign(m): 2:56pm On Oct 17, 2020
kkmny81:
Hello People,

I do not know if there is a thread for this already. I am unable to make up my mind on which to go for. A 2015 Chevrolet Camaro or a 2015 Dodge Challenger.

I would like to know what you think especially for those with experience on one or both cars.

The car is not going to be a daily drive, more like a once a week car to drive around within town to events, visits etc. I am more concerned about:

1. Maintenance cost
2. Ease of getting original parts
3. Qualified mechanics in Port Harcourt

I am usually very careful when driving so speed and performance does not really matter as long as the car moves well with no faults and break downs.

Advice needed please. The floor is open!
Get a corolla or civic.
Re: 2015 Chevrolet Camaro VS 2015 Dodge Challenger by HeavenlyBang(m): 3:32pm On Oct 17, 2020
kingreign:
Get a corolla or civic.

Truth be told, reading that again, it doesn't sound like OP is ready to own any of these cars. I'd be surprised if there are up to 300 current-gen Camaros across Nigeria. While the Challenger has been in production for a long time now, parts actually have changed along the line--as my boss, Eddee, will tell you.

I was at the verge of buying a Cadillac ATS two months ago, which is essentially a sedan version of the current Camaro. After market survey, I promptly ditched the idea. Parts no dey.
Re: 2015 Chevrolet Camaro VS 2015 Dodge Challenger by radautoworks: 3:57pm On Oct 17, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Truth be told, reading that again, it doesn't sound like OP is ready to own any of these cars. I'd be surprised if there are up to 300 current-gen Camaros across Nigeria. While the Challenger has been in production for a long time now, parts actually have changed along the line--as my boss, Eddee, will tell you.

I was at the verge of buying a Cadillac ATS two months ago, which is essentially a sedan version of the current Camaro. After market survey, I promptly ditched the idea. Parts no dey.
grin

Re: 2015 Chevrolet Camaro VS 2015 Dodge Challenger by HeavenlyBang(m): 4:14pm On Oct 17, 2020
radautoworks:
grin

grin
I no dey Lagos na, it's not convenient.
Re: 2015 Chevrolet Camaro VS 2015 Dodge Challenger by radautoworks: 4:22pm On Oct 17, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

grin
I no dey Lagos na, it's not convenient.
courier dey angry
Re: 2015 Chevrolet Camaro VS 2015 Dodge Challenger by HeavenlyBang(m): 4:26pm On Oct 17, 2020
radautoworks:
courier dey angry

So if I wan buy anything, I go start dey wait waybill from Lagos? tongue
Re: 2015 Chevrolet Camaro VS 2015 Dodge Challenger by Eddee(m): 4:39pm On Oct 17, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Truth be told, reading that again, it doesn't sound like OP is ready to own any of these cars. I'd be surprised if there are up to 300 current-gen Camaros across Nigeria. While the Challenger has been in production for a long time now, parts actually have changed along the line--as my boss, Edd.ee, will tell you.

Senior man, anybody that can afford an almost current gen Camaro/Challenger won't have problems with parts availability - as long as it's not a daily driver. Radautoworks go sort am out. Personally, I'm leaning away from Sedans. Next year na farming season so it's a truck I'll be in the market for. Run that ATS abeg make I see whether boys go reason am, it's a proper all American muscle for me.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Chevrolet Camaro VS 2015 Dodge Challenger by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:00pm On Oct 17, 2020
Eddee:

Senior man, anybody that can afford an almost current gen Camaro/Challenger won't have problems with parts availability - as long as it's not a daily driver. Radautoworks go sort am out. Personally, I'm leaning away from Sedans. Next year na farming season so it's a truck I'll be in the market for. Run that ATS abeg make I see whether boys go reason am, it's a proper all American muscle for me.

I don comot hand from anything American. Until 2022 earliest.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Chevrolet Camaro VS 2015 Dodge Challenger by radautoworks: 6:11pm On Oct 17, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

So if I wan buy anything, I go start dey wait waybill from Lagos? tongue

Big man problems grin

Been looking for a chance to use this meme I stole from a NLer grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Price Of 2014 Toyota Corolla / Here Are The 10 Best Car Batteries You Should Buy / Sienna Vs Odyssey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.