Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,870 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

- Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / (4247 Views)

Your Dreams Are The Causes Of Your Problems. / An Open Letter To Hot Blooded Young Men - Paul Ellis / The Devil Is Powerless Without Your Fear. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: by vooks: 9:13pm On Nov 29, 2015
mayorall:

oh my God. I wept seeing this comment deep inside me. What makes Abraham to see visions at 75, What made John to see visions at 95 tells me am still young at 100. Satan hear the word of God am not permitted to die at my young age.

sobs. Father please illuminate his mind which is the seat of your divine wisdom. Open his eye to see great and mighty things. Show him your plans towards him.

How old was Abraham when he had Isaac,

The mentality we put on our mind is destroying us.

dieing at 75 years isn't God's plan for me and you. Don't let our environment limit us.

The Bible said we work in Faith, not by sight.

oyeludef, he is cornered and busy concocting doctrines to prop his theories instead of humbly conceding errors. Next he will blabber that young or old is not physical but spiritual

Can mayorall DEFINE for us OLD men according to scriptures because he is insinuating Abraham at 75 and John at 95 were 'young'

He should also tell us the right age which is God's plan for a Christian to die
Re: by mayorall(m): 9:23pm On Nov 29, 2015
vooks:

oyeludef, he is cornered and busy concocting doctrines to prop his theories instead of humbly conceding errors. Next he will blabber that young or old is not physical but spiritual

Can mayorall DEFINE for us OLD men according to scriptures because he is insinuating Abraham at 75 and John at 95 were 'young'

He should also tell us the right age which is God's plan for a Christian to die

My brother. If this is to be my personal business, I would have abandoned you and give no replies. But I couldn't cos it's my father's in heaven business.

Genesis 25 vs 7.

And these are the days of the years of Abraham's life
which he lived, an hundred threescore and fifteen years.

Abraham lived 175 years.

Are you saying he was old at 75years and lived 100years as his old age?.
Re: by vooks: 9:36pm On Nov 29, 2015
mayorall:

My brother. If this is to be my personal business, I would have abandoned you and give no replies. But I couldn't cos it's my father's in heaven business.

Genesis 25 vs 7.

And these are the days of the years of Abraham's life
which he lived, an hundred threescore and fifteen years.

Abraham lived 175 years.

Are you saying he was old at 75years and lived 100years as his old age?.

If you were any wiser, you would have quoted Noah. He lived far much longer.

Here is some wisdom for you;
Before the flood, men lived for centuries with Methuselah outdoing everyone else.

After the flood, there was a sharp decline in the lifespan of men following God's decree;
Genesis 6:3 (ESV)
3 Then the Lord said, “My Spirit shall not abide in man forever, for he is flesh: his days shall be 120 years.

Assignment for you; how long did Isaac and Jacob live?

As you move away from the Flood, the lifespan shrinks so much that by the time we get to Psalms, the average lifespan of man is 70

Psalm 90:10 King James Version (KJV)
10 The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years,

If you are fantasizing about clocking 175years my broda, you are deluded. I can without fear of contradiction tell you that even if you prayed and fasted forever and lived sin-free from now, you won't see 100 cheesy

About Abraham and your question;
Genesis 21:2 (ESV)
2 And Sarah conceived and bore Abraham a son in his old age at the time of which God had spoken to him

Genesis 21:5 (ESV)
5 Abraham was a hundred years old when his son Isaac was born to him

Is any of this unclear?

2 Likes

Re: by mayorall(m): 10:17pm On Nov 29, 2015
vooks:

If you were any wiser, you would have quoted Noah. He lived far much longer.

Here is some wisdom for you;
Before the flood, men lived for centuries with Methuselah outdoing everyone else.

After the flood, there was a sharp decline in the lifespan of men following God's decree;
Genesis 6:3 (ESV)
3 Then the Lord said, “My Spirit shall not abide in man forever, for he is flesh: his days shall be 120 years.

Assignment for you; how long did Isaac and Jacob live?

As you move away from the Flood, the lifespan shrinks so much that by the time we get to Psalms, the average lifespan of man is 70

Psalm 90:10 King James Version (KJV)
10 The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years,

If you are fantasizing about clocking 175years my broda, you are deluded. I can without fear of contradiction tell you that even if you prayed and fasted forever and lived sin-free from now, you won't see 100 cheesy

About Abraham and your question;
Genesis 21:2 (ESV)
2 And Sarah conceived and bore Abraham a son in his old age at the time of which God had spoken to him

Genesis 21:5 (ESV)
5 Abraham was a hundred years old when his son Isaac was born to him

Is any of this unclear?

My friend , read that chapter from the beginning, it is David's lamentation due to their sins. This your fact can even be disputed without bible. My great grand father died at 105 in 2007. Google will be of help so you can see people at 110 years that are still alive.

Now hear God's word from 1kings 3vs14

"If you walk in My ways, keeping My statutes and
commandments, as your father David walked, then I will
prolong your days."

Moreover I can never die. I am immortal , I am gods.
Re: by fabre4: 11:06pm On Nov 29, 2015
Re: by fabre4: 11:10pm On Nov 29, 2015
mayorall:

Their dreams were not manipulated, they were of God. But those were before the manifestation of the holy spirit. Before Holy Ghost baptism. Before God released his spirit. Before Jesus came.

Acts 2vs17
And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I
will pour out of my Spirit (Holy spirit) upon all flesh: and your sons
and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young
men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream
dreams:

At the age where peter and Paul dreamed do you classify them as old?
secondly I think you should give us your reason as said it could have been said either way the spirit of God is limitless and is no respecter of person so you cant tell me he says one set can only see vision and the other set can only see dreams see the age at which he used samuel, David etc if you truly have the spirit of God you will be able to descern between a fake and true dream and FYI d spirit of God has been working since the beginning of the world
Re: by mayorall(m): 11:45pm On Nov 29, 2015
fabre4:

At the age where peter and Paul dreamed do you classify them as old?
secondly I think you should give us your reason as said it could have been said either way the spirit of God is limitless and is no respecter of person so you cant tell me he says one set can only see vision and the other set can only see dreams see the age at which he used samuel, David etc if you truly have the spirit of God you will be able to descern between a fake and true dream and FYI d spirit of God has been working since the beginning of the world

Are you saying God is lying about this?

Joel 2vs 28

And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour
out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your
daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream
dreams, your young men shall see visions:

Confirmation from John the Baptist in Luke 3vs 16.

John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize
you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the
latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he
shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire

Acts 2vs4

"And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began
to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them
utterance"

shows the release of Holy Spirit which is God's spirit which he promised to pour on flesh.

Confirming this word. Peter said

Acts 2:16-17 New International Version (NIV)

No, this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:
“‘In the last days, God says,

I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
your young men will see visions,
your old men will dream dreams.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: by vooks: 4:33am On Nov 30, 2015
mayorall:

My friend , read that chapter from the beginning, it is David's lamentation due to their sins. This your fact can even be disputed without bible. My great grand father died at 105 in 2007. Google will be of help so you can see people at 110 years that are still alive.

Now hear God's word from 1kings 3vs14

"If you walk in My ways, keeping My statutes and
commandments, as your father David walked, then I will
prolong your days."

Moreover I can never die. I am immortal , I am gods.

Abraham was in his OLD AGE at 100 so whether he lived another 2000 years is irrelevant. He had visions when Holy Spirit calls him old and according to your theories old men ought to be dreaming.

Immortal? Utter foolishness. Why then do Christians look forward to resurrection seeing they are immortal?

Kid, that language I have heard with Christ Embassy hooligans. Read 1 Corinthians 15 and revert

2 Likes

Re: by fabre4: 4:44am On Nov 30, 2015
mayorall:

Are you saying God is lying about this?

Joel 2vs 28

And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour
out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your
daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream
dreams, your young men shall see visions:

Confirmation from John the Baptist in Luke 3vs 16.

John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize
you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the
latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he
shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire

Acts 2vs4

"And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began
to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them
utterance"

shows the release of Holy Spirit which is God's spirit which he promised to pour on flesh.

Confirming this word. Peter said

Acts 2:16-17 New International Version (NIV)

No, this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:
“‘In the last days, God says,

I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
your young men will see visions,
your old men will dream dreams.

I think for those who understand the bible very well its very clear what the scriptures meant but need to open your mind to learn from the bible when God said my spirit shall no longer strive with man was he referring to men only? God never said only the old men will dream dreams who are you to set limitations to the power and manifestation of the holy spirit
secondly why do you think God set limitations to dreams.
Re: by mayorall(m): 6:47am On Nov 30, 2015
vooks:

Abraham was in his OLD AGE at 100 so whether he lived another 2000 years is irrelevant. He had visions when Holy Spirit calls him old and according to your theories old men ought to be dreaming.

Immortal? Utter foolishness. Why then do Christians look forward to resurrection seeing they are immortal?

Kid, that language I have heard with Christ Embassy hooligans. Read 1 Corinthians 15 and revert

My friend , please concentrate and stop insults.

No man can be greater than the amount of light available to man. At God's sight, thousands of years are just like yesterday says David in the book of Psalm. Look things from God's perspective cos we are his sons. This is why Jesus told peter, " Satan get behind me" when he refused to see things the way God is seeing it.

Immortal issue.

Yes, I am immortal, I can never die, I can never be tired, I can never be seek. He told me in his word. " I will strengthen your weakness". Academically he will take over from my weakness, financially he will take over my weakness. Back to topic.

Elephant begat elephant

Lion begat lion.

God begat gods.

psalm 82vs 6

I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of
the most High.

Jesus confirmed it. see below

John 10vs 34

Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I
said, Ye are gods?

Can God die, No, can God be sick?, NO, So as gods.

I'm immotal cos I have everlasting life, I can't die. see what John 3 vs 16 has to say.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only
begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should
not perish, but have everlasting life.

We are not of this world as a child of God. See this, happening here now.

John 15:19 - If ye were of the world, the world would
love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I
have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world
hateth you.

This is very useful to you my friend

Romans 12:2 - And be not conformed to this world: but
be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye
may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and
perfect, will of God.
Re: by mayorall(m): 7:17am On Nov 30, 2015
fabre4:

I think for those who understand the bible very well its very clear what the scriptures meant but need to open your mind to learn from the bible when God said my spirit shall no longer strive with man was he referring to men only? God never said only the old men will dream dreams who are you to set limitations to the power and manifestation of the holy spirit
secondly why do you think God set limitations to dreams.

Isaiah 55 vs 8-9 has answers to your questions

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are
your ways my ways, saith the LORD

For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my
ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than
your thoughts.

Who am I to say Holy spirit is limited?

I dare not try that.

Ephesians 6:12-13 King James Version (KJV)

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against
principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of
this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may
be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Armour of God here means God's word. Why aren't we talking about physical armour?.

Check out this personal experience.

Since I stopped living the life of sins, devil couldn't torment my life again, he kept on trying. Then took me from my ignorance

like being far asleep, and meet strange lady, romance and release fluids in real life.

Someone will say it's cos I had the thought before I went to bed. NO

This is devil's trick of making me feel guilty , get me scared of facing God. He knows I am always feeling bad and remorse to meet God after I have sinned against him, send me depression, I knows if I don't meet with my father in heaven, I won't know his plans for my day, my task for that very period. Friend do you know what?. All is just tricks.

Was asleep last night, he tried it again, my angel woke me up. He lost this battle forever. check this out

Ephesians 6:12-13

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against
principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of
this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may
be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Now we know who we wrestle with, Not that witch trying to stop you, not that old man in your village who stole your father's inheritance but against their master "Satan". If you are wise and destroy their master, those witches and wizards become power less against you. Devil is weak, has no power, Jesus collected all he has after resurrection and left with tricks to turn men against God. Not seeing things the way God is seeing it, blindfold men.
Re: by sylve11: 7:20am On Nov 30, 2015
which kind misleading topic be this? cool
Re: by vooks: 7:52am On Nov 30, 2015
mayorall:

My friend , please concentrate and stop insults.

No man can be greater than the amount of light available to man. At God's sight, thousands of years are just like yesterday says David in the book of Psalm. Look things from God's perspective cos we are his sons. This is why Jesus told peter, " Satan get behind me" when he refused to see things the way God is seeing it.

Immortal issue.

Yes, I am immortal, I can never die, I can never be tired, I can never be seek. He told me in his word. " I will strengthen your weakness". Academically he will take over from my weakness, financially he will take over my weakness. Back to topic.

Elephant begat elephant

Lion begat lion.

God begat gods.

psalm 82vs 6

I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of
the most High.

Jesus confirmed it. see below

John 10vs 34

Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I
said, Ye are gods?

Can God die, No, can God be sick?, NO, So as gods.

I'm immotal cos I have everlasting life, I can't die. see what John 3 vs 16 has to say.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only
begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should
not perish, but have everlasting life.

We are not of this world as a child of God. See this, happening here now.

John 15:19 - If ye were of the world, the world would
love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I
have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world
hateth you.

This is very useful to you my friend

Romans 12:2 - And be not conformed to this world: but
be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye
may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and
perfect, will of God.

I have asked you a simple question and you can't answer.

1 Corinthians 15 the resurrection chapter. What is the purpose of resurrection seeing you are already immortal?

1 Like

Re: by vooks: 6:18am On Dec 16, 2015
Where is mayorall the immortal?

There was one fella here mbaemeka a Christ Embassy apologist. He infamously claimed that he is immortal and Jesus needs his permission to call him home. mayorall has used the same vocabulary ad mbaemeka and I can bet my last dime that he is a CEC
Re: by mayorall(m): 7:24am On Dec 16, 2015
vooks:
Where is mayorall the immortal?

There was one fella here mbaemeka a Christ Embassy apologist. He infamously claimed that he is immortal and Jesus needs his permission to call him home. mayorall has used the same vocabulary ad mbaemeka and I can bet my last dime that he is a CEC

When you read very well. You will discover I never said Jesus need my permission. At new birth, our spirit is renewed. I can not die. Your body isn't the real you. The real you ( Your spirit) lives in your body.
Re: by vooks: 7:26am On Dec 16, 2015
mayorall:

When you read very well. You will discover I never said Jesus need my permission. At new birth, our spirit is renewed. I can not die. Your body isn't the real you. The real you ( Your spirit) lives in your body.
When you read very well, you will discover I never said you did
Do spirits of sinners die?

Now, all this is digression. I have as clearly and eloquently debunked your claims that young men dreams are Satanic. Please print my responses and share them with your MoG

1 Like

Re: by wendyestin: 9:53pm On Feb 04, 2016
I hard a dream where I went to a church members house nd packed all his shoes so I can go nd clean it but while I carried d box of shoes outside people came nd started stealing it bt d beta part is that I caught all of dem and collected back the shoe

(1) (2) (Reply)

Brain Or Spirit: What Makes A Man A Living Being? / How NASA Bewitched The World (There Are No Aliens And No Moon Landing) / Refuting Monotheism: God Does Not Exist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.