Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

Sharia Law Or The Nigerian Constitution - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sharia Law Or The Nigerian Constitution (496 Views)

What The Nigerian Constitution Says About Deploying Troops To Foreign Countries / Mohammed Babangida Drags Rahma To Sharia Court / There Is No Office Of The First Lady In The Nigerian Constitution - Sani Adamu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sharia Law Or The Nigerian Constitution by whatisthetruth: 5:38pm On Nov 29, 2015
Is Nigeria a secular or religious country?

Well some would say, "For Sure, this is a secular country!", but then to those with such responses, I pose the following question.

Why is it then acceptable to have a different LAW, with different rules being applied in a secular sate? Sharia in the North.

They might then respond saying, "Well, just leave them, if that's how they want to live their lives, it's not affecting us", well buddies, it may not be affecting you yet, but it's just a matter of time.

FOR HOW LONG WILL YOU RUN?

You run from the north to the south, thinking you are safe cause you are in a muslim minority area, but I tell you that seeds planted don't bear fruit in the same day, but given time, they blossom into full grown treas producing fruit. Well, I guess that's a good thing and all, but have we tasted this fruit? What does this fruit of ISLAM taste like and to that I say, look at the ISLAMIC countries around the world goverened by SHARIA and tell me if you still have an appetite for that fruit.

The only way out of this madness is a peaceful BAN of ISLAM, to protect our freedoms.
Re: Sharia Law Or The Nigerian Constitution by Farnsworth: 6:04pm On Nov 29, 2015
well, states with majority can implement and people who are non-Islamic in those states, got to federal which has jurisdiction over sharia courts! it is secular in the sense, they is religious freedom, and the religious freedom is not forced on people, who don't want it.
Re: Sharia Law Or The Nigerian Constitution by baby124: 6:16pm On Nov 29, 2015
I think Sharia law needs to be scrapped. Nigeria is a secular state and all must abide by the laws of the Nigeria without exception, otherwise it will imply that Nigeria is not truly a unified entity. The North simply cannot be allowed to have its cake and eat it too on this one. If they insist on Sharia, then IPOB has every right to create Biafra even within the Nigerian context. Where they abide by Biafran law and then chop Nigeria's resources. If we are truly to be one, let us be one in all respects. Otherwise Yoruba too can implement traditional law, and claim we are not bound by federal. Very wrong.
Re: Sharia Law Or The Nigerian Constitution by whatisthetruth: 6:35pm On Nov 29, 2015
Farnsworth:
well, states with majority can implement and people who are non-Islamic in those states, got to federal which has jurisdiction over sharia courts! it is secular in the sense, they is religious freedom, and the religious freedom is not forced on people, who don't want it.

What happens when they become the majority?

Doesn't a majority have a right to impose what they want? In this case Sharia?

You see your typical mallam with so many kids, yet we still wonder how they would grow into the majority.

Both elite and poor Muslims procreate excessively and spread rapidly, passing on their dogma to their offspring, with fear of death for abandoning the faith.

This fight is between Muslims and the whole free world.
Re: Sharia Law Or The Nigerian Constitution by trapQ: 10:30pm On Nov 29, 2015
Sharia law should be scrapped with immediate effect.

Nigeria is not an Islamic country. if anything, there are more Christians in Nigeria than Muslims.

(1) (Reply)

Killing Of Innocent Civilians By The Security Officials During Biafra Protest / NCC Reduces MTN Nigeria Fine To $3.4 Billion / Breaking: NCC Cuts MTN Bill By $1.8 Billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.