Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,296 members, 7,839,459 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Open Letter To My Igalla Brothers And Sisters IN Kogi State. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter To My Igalla Brothers And Sisters IN Kogi State. (715 Views)

Dino Melaye, His Parents, Brothers And Sister In Family Photos / The Need To Create Akoko Afama State, Oke Oyan State, Igalla, Etc / Yusuf Buhari And Sisters Attend His Best Friend's Graduation In Dubai (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To My Igalla Brothers And Sisters IN Kogi State. by ORACLE1975(m): 5:00am On Nov 30, 2015
By Tayo Fadile.

I want to first and foremost commiserate with my IGALLA brothers and sisters on the demise of Prince Abubakar Audu of whom I have paid a befitting tribute to as an icon and a political colossus of our time.may the good Lord accept the repose of his soul and I condole the family.it is a loss to the entire state and the country as a whole.

However,since death is a price we all have to pay at one time or the other,we need to move on with the reality of the situation.
No. 1. Nigeria and KOGI state is not a dynasty,we are in a democratic set up and asking Audu's son to replace his Dad is not only undemocratic,it will be almost impossible because the laws expect him to be part of the whole electoral process right from the beginning before he can be considered,now,we cannot even determine if he is a card carrying member of APC.In any case the governorship position in KOGI state is not a family matter.
No.2. It is a fact that the igalas have been at the helm of affairs of this state since the creation of the state and it will not be the position for ever and ever.As with any other thing in life,change will occur and new people will emerge and that precisely is what is happening now.This is not the time for violence as its been reported on channels TV now ,it is time to allow the will of the God to prevail,and allow other stake holders in the state to be in charge of the leadership of the state,especially since the constitution allows equal opportunity,fairness and justice for all and sundry .
No.3. As if God has planned it,Igalas have already taken the ministerial position,a situation where in some other states they cannot have the two positions at the same time.e.g Niger state.
No.4.when you consider that the combination of Okun and Ebbiras have a much more higher electoral value than the Igalas alone,then you must see that it is time to allow others also rule the state.That will be promoting the principle of equity,fairness and justice.Even in the United States where we copied our democracy,in spite of the history of blacks and slavery in that country,they still allowed a black man(Obama) to govern the country.
No.5. Finally,allowing power shift is not the end of the world,if the other groups in the state can tolerate igala rule and reign for 25 years or more,allowing other groups just four years is not asking for too much.
As, for Governor Wada who wants to continue to rule through the back door using legal technicalities and jargons, i will advice him to remember that History is beckoning on him and he should follow ex -president Jonathan example and allow history to give him a fair judgement,it is bad enough that as an incumbent,APC defeated him flatly,it is unpardonable that he is not accepting that defeat.
My prayer for KOGI state is that we should allow peace to reign,we should allow the will of God to prevail and we should embrace the principle of equity,fairness and justice,that way, the state will have an all round development agenda with a sense of belonging from everybody not withstanding our tribe or religion.I Rest my case.

Copy by ORACLE.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To My Igalla Brothers And Sisters IN Kogi State. by respect80(m): 5:42am On Nov 30, 2015
Thrash
Re: Open Letter To My Igalla Brothers And Sisters IN Kogi State. by Nobody: 5:50am On Nov 30, 2015
It's 'Igala' actually

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To My Igalla Brothers And Sisters IN Kogi State. by Nobody: 6:06am On Nov 30, 2015
I hope it ll be safe to pass through kogi on Friday??im traveling to the east

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To My Igalla Brothers And Sisters IN Kogi State. by akinszz: 6:10am On Nov 30, 2015
Etu igala.
Re: Open Letter To My Igalla Brothers And Sisters IN Kogi State. by Misterlaby: 6:17am On Nov 30, 2015
Tired of this boring drama already
Re: Open Letter To My Igalla Brothers And Sisters IN Kogi State. by Anoneism(m): 6:40am On Nov 30, 2015
Op, what do you mean by "The Ebiras and Okun have higher electoral values"? Please come and explain it to me ASAP.

(1) (Reply)

Bring Back Our Jonathan / We Formed APC To Stop Nigeria From Going Under – Buhari / I’m More Important Than Obasanjo –fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.