Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,130 members, 7,818,388 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

RRS Police Deploys Surveillance Drones To Monitor Crime In Lagos (Photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / RRS Police Deploys Surveillance Drones To Monitor Crime In Lagos (Photos) (33187 Views)

Biafra: Police Deploys Personnel To Southeast,Ready to arrest Nnamdi Kanu.. / Nigerian Police Deploys K-9 Trucks For Dogs (Photos) / Police Acquire Forensic Lab, Drones To Track Kidnappers, Robbers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RRS Police Deploys Surveillance Drones To Monitor Crime In Lagos (Photos) by ooshinibos: 8:50pm On Nov 30, 2015
Thank you sir !!!! , I hope Borno Governor will learn FROM THIS
Re: RRS Police Deploys Surveillance Drones To Monitor Crime In Lagos (Photos) by fitinwell: 8:53pm On Nov 30, 2015
[size=18pt] If i Lagos State Governor.. I woud employee fresh guys into police for preferably guys from the hood. To cub crime in Lagos.
[/size]
Re: RRS Police Deploys Surveillance Drones To Monitor Crime In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 9:16pm On Nov 30, 2015
Teeboy22:

http://naijagists.com/photos-rrs-police-deploys-surveillance-drones-to-monitor-crime-in-lagos/
umm, waste of resources. trust Nigerians gangs and thieves, they will bring down that drone. it better not fly to Apapa, d Ajegule area precisely. maybe later on, you will hear drone missing. cos that drone might fly and get tired of flying someday, then u will hear d latest story. but make i ask oh, can they maintain it?
Re: RRS Police Deploys Surveillance Drones To Monitor Crime In Lagos (Photos) by chopido(m): 9:30pm On Nov 30, 2015
Re: RRS Police Deploys Surveillance Drones To Monitor Crime In Lagos (Photos) by oakslid: 9:38pm On Nov 30, 2015
redsconsult:
this is not a drone but a flying camera.. a drone cant come so low cos it can easily be brought down by gun shots. flying camera use for coverage at events like star trek and musical shows etc

You dey feel like star. Even with Google u still fail ur self assessment. Drone is a term used generally for Unmanned aerial vehicle.
Re: RRS Police Deploys Surveillance Drones To Monitor Crime In Lagos (Photos) by Noble11(m): 9:38pm On Nov 30, 2015
Which drone? This thing na monitoring camera joor..
Bought one for my baby girl few hours ago..it's everywhere here in guangzhou...

1 Like

Re: RRS Police Deploys Surveillance Drones To Monitor Crime In Lagos (Photos) by mozele(m): 9:43pm On Nov 30, 2015
Lanretoye:
Call it whatever you like,the RRS has said it is a drone shikena.
O ye robbers!,RRS don get drone oo.na the drone go catch all of una one by two.

catch? I laugh your matter o...
Re: RRS Police Deploys Surveillance Drones To Monitor Crime In Lagos (Photos) by Aubrey1(m): 9:49pm On Nov 30, 2015
Guys get ready to shoot it down.
Re: RRS Police Deploys Surveillance Drones To Monitor Crime In Lagos (Photos) by teamchocolate: 9:50pm On Nov 30, 2015
Ideal and possible in a situation where ambode cud have state police and not with the present policy and structure on ground! tongue thank me later

fitinwell:
[size=18pt] If i Lagos State Governor.. I woud employee fresh guys into police for preferably guys from the hood. To cub crime in Lagos.
[/size]
Re: RRS Police Deploys Surveillance Drones To Monitor Crime In Lagos (Photos) by crisycent: 9:53pm On Nov 30, 2015
The problem I have with our government is that they think/believe we are stupid. If you asked them how much they spent on this drone they will say millions.

This is the same drone that cannot fly more than 30minutes (and needs 2 hours of battery charge) that costs less than $100 in a toy shop. Tell me, how can a drone that barely flies for 30 minutes monitor crime?

If you want to use drones, use the proper one and not these toys.
Re: RRS Police Deploys Surveillance Drones To Monitor Crime In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 9:55pm On Nov 30, 2015
If they tell you how much it cost to procure those 'drones', you go fear God.
Re: RRS Police Deploys Surveillance Drones To Monitor Crime In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 10:00pm On Nov 30, 2015
Noble11:
Which drone? This thing na monitoring camera joor..
Bought one for my baby girl few hours ago..it's everywhere here in guangzhou...

I was going thru this thread looking for the right post, and alas!, yours. Brother Nigerians are truly gullible. DAMN!!!

drone whe them dey sell every where na im una dey celebrate like say na better thing. Do u guys even know the operating range? Did any one ask? , nairalanders knows hw to piss the hell outta someone.

Below is the right drone ambode should have bought not that china product that will break down in a few months time

2 Likes

Re: RRS Police Deploys Surveillance Drones To Monitor Crime In Lagos (Photos) by luorquay: 10:03pm On Nov 30, 2015
redsconsult:
this is not a drone but a flying camera.. a drone cant come so low cos it can easily be brought down by gun shots. flying camera use for coverage at events like star trek and musical shows etc

You jes read ma mind
Re: RRS Police Deploys Surveillance Drones To Monitor Crime In Lagos (Photos) by adenijiayo(m): 10:04pm On Nov 30, 2015
Good initiative but how do they intend to maximize the use of the drones when their batteries can not really last more than 1 hr?
Re: RRS Police Deploys Surveillance Drones To Monitor Crime In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 10:05pm On Nov 30, 2015
Hah!!!see china toys oh!
What if somebody use catapult to fire down the thing cheesy
Why don't we have intelligent officers in the NPF abeg? cheesy Who brought this idea?
Re: RRS Police Deploys Surveillance Drones To Monitor Crime In Lagos (Photos) by Patented: 10:05pm On Nov 30, 2015
These look like the skyfire traffic drones whose images r sometimes seen in Gidi_Traffic's tweets
Re: RRS Police Deploys Surveillance Drones To Monitor Crime In Lagos (Photos) by xtervaganza(m): 10:05pm On Nov 30, 2015
redsconsult:
what's flying camera grin grin grin grin grin grin

Bush boy, it's a drone. ...Oya keep repeating it
Re: RRS Police Deploys Surveillance Drones To Monitor Crime In Lagos (Photos) by xtervaganza(m): 10:06pm On Nov 30, 2015
luorquay:

You jes read ma mind
please don't reason like him. It's a drone

A real one
Re: RRS Police Deploys Surveillance Drones To Monitor Crime In Lagos (Photos) by kossyablaze(m): 10:06pm On Nov 30, 2015
simpleseyi:
The drones are deployed to monitor any gathering of riff-raffs and touts called IPOB or Biafra. Any group of nitwits or area boys who were once deported by Lagos State Government to Bridge Head Onitsha now coming together to hold unholy meeting will be shot from the drones, survivors will be re-shot by the land mobile police.
omo ale
Re: RRS Police Deploys Surveillance Drones To Monitor Crime In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 10:08pm On Nov 30, 2015
Aubrey1:
Guys get ready to shoot it down.
cheesy I'm watching out for it in my area ooh cheesy
Re: RRS Police Deploys Surveillance Drones To Monitor Crime In Lagos (Photos) by tonytony208(m): 10:15pm On Nov 30, 2015
Teeboy22:

http://naijagists.com/photos-rrs-police-deploys-surveillance-drones-to-monitor-crime-in-lagos/

Op, you photoshopped 1 picture 3 times. What is the point in playing fraud
Re: RRS Police Deploys Surveillance Drones To Monitor Crime In Lagos (Photos) by Teeboy22(m): 10:25pm On Nov 30, 2015
chopido:
Simply put # made in Nigeria drone. See fake packaging
lol
Re: RRS Police Deploys Surveillance Drones To Monitor Crime In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 10:29pm On Nov 30, 2015
What abt the bh boys?
simpleseyi:
The drones are deployed to monitor any gathering of riff-raffs and touts called IPOB or Biafra. Any group of nitwits or area boys who were once deported by Lagos State Government to Bridge Head Onitsha now coming together to hold unholy meeting will be shot from the drones, survivors will be re-shot by the land mobile police.
Re: RRS Police Deploys Surveillance Drones To Monitor Crime In Lagos (Photos) by PapiWata: 10:54pm On Nov 30, 2015
The use of drones or Unmanned Aerial Vehicles for street surveillance is a phenomenally cost-effective alternative to the use of conventional manned police helicopters. The pictures shown at the start of this thread are of a multi-rotor platform that can be piloted beyond visual range in FPV mode by the operator, who will typically sit in front of a screen installed in a truck, flying the bird manually, or allowing the auto-pilot to guide the UAV along a pre-programmed flight path, freeing up the operator to concentrate on panning and zooming the high resolution video camera that streams real-time, magnified video footage that is also recorded for later playback if crimes occur in the area under patrol.

Literally HUNDREDS of top-of-the-line multi-rotor GPS-guided auto-pilot capable drones, each costing over $2K USD each, could be acquired for the price of just ONE full-scale manned police helicopter, but the enormous advantages of unmanned craft only start with the monetary savings. A multi-rotor UAV, hovering and filming from 200 feet above a Lagos street while a bank robbery is in progress, will NEVER be spotted by those on the ground, giving police formations a HUGE tactical advantage that will inform any counter-attacks that need to be launched even as the crime is in progress.

Whether or not the the picture shown in this forum is indeed a police drone, it is a VERY wise and POTENT crime fighting technology to deploy anywhere cities exist, and for this initiative, the current Lagos State governor must be applauded by all who wish to see the tables turned on the banditos of Lagos and beyond, with a little help from a growing fleet of small, quiet, and all-seeing EYES IN THE SKY.
Re: RRS Police Deploys Surveillance Drones To Monitor Crime In Lagos (Photos) by forlahkhe: 11:53pm On Nov 30, 2015
Fashola ddnt do all ds b4 lagos for lasgidi to b peaceful during his tenure.......I represent Agbaje anyday anytime, I'm just bothered y our people wld vote for party and nt individual.......I'm nt surprised @ ao Abode is wasting resources though, I always knew he's a DUMB #yeyedeysmell#
Re: RRS Police Deploys Surveillance Drones To Monitor Crime In Lagos (Photos) by forlahkhe: 11:59pm On Nov 30, 2015
Fashola ddnt do all ds for lasgidi to b peaceful during his tenure.......I represent Agbaje anyday anytime, I'm just bothered y our people wld vote for party and nt individual.......I'm nt surprised @ ao Abode is wasting resources though, I always knew he's a DUMB #yeyedeysmell#
Re: RRS Police Deploys Surveillance Drones To Monitor Crime In Lagos (Photos) by castrokins(m): 12:44am On Dec 01, 2015
Knowing That Lagosians Defecate And Shower In The Open (Koro 2000 And Something, et al), This Came Will Invade People Illegally Than It Will Check Crime. Is It Even Legal To Deploy Surveillance Drones On Nigerians?
Re: RRS Police Deploys Surveillance Drones To Monitor Crime In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 1:11am On Dec 01, 2015
Kiheheheheheh End Time Drones grin grin
Re: RRS Police Deploys Surveillance Drones To Monitor Crime In Lagos (Photos) by wolexy2020(m): 2:24am On Dec 01, 2015
Mmhh... Let's hope this is not the toy version of a surveillance drone. undecided
Re: RRS Police Deploys Surveillance Drones To Monitor Crime In Lagos (Photos) by sayitright: 4:30am On Dec 01, 2015
nija juju go draw that thing down...
Re: RRS Police Deploys Surveillance Drones To Monitor Crime In Lagos (Photos) by jamjo: 4:37am On Dec 01, 2015
searchiing4love:
undecided INSTEAD OF THE IGBOS TO DEMAND FOR GOOD GOVERNANCE FROM THEIR GOVERNORS LIKE AMBODE IS CURRENTLY DOING, THEY ARE DEMANDING BIAFRA AS IF BIAFRA WILL AUTOMATICALLY TURN TO LONDON IF DECLAREDundecided NO WONDER MANY OF THEM LEAVE THE EAST TO COME TAP THE GLORY OF OUR DEVELOPED SOUTH WEST. I PITY THE IGBOS FOR THEIR MISCACULATIONS INDEED. SMH undecided

Biafra meant not turn to London over night but believe me for you to think that southwest are more develop then southeast you are delusional.. I can understand why Lagos is making you all not seeing the reality in your area, Yes Lagos is the most developed state in Nigeria and remember it was not long ago the capital of our country, and just remove Lagos state in the equation southwest is a dead region. Now exclude Lagos state let us compare the five states in the southeast and the five states in the southwest now there is a level Playing field five/five now let the reality wake you up..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tony Momoh: We Tried Reconciling Obaseki And Oshiomole But We Failed / 'better An Ex-dictator Than A Weak President'- UK Telegraph / Shehu Sani On Muslim- Muslim Ticket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.