Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,374 members, 7,864,712 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 03:21 AM

How I Escaped Death When Shooting "Beasts Of No Nation"--- Idris Elba - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / How I Escaped Death When Shooting "Beasts Of No Nation"--- Idris Elba (475 Views)

Remember Agu From Beasts Of No Nation Movie? This Is Him Now / Davido Poses With Idris Elba At MOBO Awards 2017 (Photo) / Genevieve Nnaji With Idris Elba At Beasts Of No Nation Lagos Premiere(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How I Escaped Death When Shooting "Beasts Of No Nation"--- Idris Elba by officialvabadon(m): 8:38am On Nov 30, 2015
Actor,Idris Elba revealed how he escaped death while shooting his latest film "Beasts Of No Nation"

“I nearly died,” Elba reportedly said on The Jonathan Ross Show . “We decided to do this waterfall scene where all these child soldiers were walking behind this massive waterfall. Cary Fukunaga, the director, decided to shoot it for real.”

“We went to this waterfall and in this scene my character is standing there watching all the child soldiers go past,” Elba continued.

“Now in the setup of that, the stunt coordinator says, ‘Listen everyone, this is a waterfall, that’s a 90-, 100-foot drop down there and the ground is very slippery, just be careful!’ I put my foot on this rock… [and]it’s slippery, obviously. I slip … I put my hand on this tree — it’s not a tree, it’s a branch. It snaps and I go literally about six feet before I go bang over and I got caught by the security guy.”

See more here:http://www.vabadon.com/2015/11/did-you-know-idris-elba-almost-died.html?m=1

Re: How I Escaped Death When Shooting "Beasts Of No Nation"--- Idris Elba by Akposkool(m): 9:07am On Nov 30, 2015
Thank God for you idris. One of my favorite actors. Don't worry cus you are confidential.

(1) (Reply)

5 Things Nigeria Are Best Know For Around The World / Terry G Getting Sued By Show Promoters In Sweden / Omg Yemi Alade Launches Mobile App

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.