Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,149 members, 7,953,543 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:39 PM

My Mother Keeps Comparing Me With My Dead Brother - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mother Keeps Comparing Me With My Dead Brother (1421 Views)

What My Mother Said That Made Me Hate Women Even More / My Brother Will Make Me Cry To My Dead Parents Against Him / My Mother Keeps Driving Away My Boyfriends With Her Sexual Advances (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Mother Keeps Comparing Me With My Dead Brother by Nobody: 1:45am On Dec 01, 2015
Dear Cynthia,
In 2013 I lost my elder brother in a motor accident at Taraba state, also in the same accident, unfortunately I lost my legs. Since then I have come home to ibadan to live with my parents. I am 20 years old. It's been a living hell, my mum keeps complaining about my dad, how stupid my dad is and how unfair my dad is to her, she keeps complaining about how my dad wants her dead which is totally untrue, she complains about how she made the mistake of marrying my dad. What hurts me the most is she compares me with my dead elder brother at every minor mistake. She will make statements like. Only if death did not take away my son, or I am motherless now Olaiton is gone (while am there). I love my mum though, but it is really making me suicidal, seriously. I also recently was diagnosed with diabetes, so am naturally sad, but she behaves as if I was pronounced dead.
I recently started working in a construction site recording the number of cement and trailers of sand used for work of things and before she drops me off, she will either complain about my Dad or wish Olaiton was alive instead of me.. I need advice....

Hamster@ Olasunkanmi, always happy and shinning in Ibadan..

Dear Esther is an advice forum for Nigerians where people share their relationship issues for advice. Do you have a story to share or piece of advice to give. Please send it to dearcynthia68@gmail.com, address to dear Cynthia. Thanks..
Re: My Mother Keeps Comparing Me With My Dead Brother by SAMBARRY: 1:48am On Dec 01, 2015
Is that so
Re: My Mother Keeps Comparing Me With My Dead Brother by ReabridCharles(m): 1:54am On Dec 01, 2015
You lost your legs and you still manage to work in a construction site?

How magical.
Come back when you wake up

2 Likes

Re: My Mother Keeps Comparing Me With My Dead Brother by Cpumping(m): 1:56am On Dec 01, 2015
end time lie lie story
Re: My Mother Keeps Comparing Me With My Dead Brother by balash(m): 2:27am On Dec 01, 2015
Lmao

I dnt understand what to say? Who is cynthia first of all.

If it's true u dnt knw what your mom Is going through losing one son and the other son been crippled, it's like she doesn't have children to care for her when she is old and she is still sad. It's still fresh in her mind.

You probably get her angry believing it's not right for her to be sad losing 2 sons ( that's her mindset since u also can't walk again)

You are 20yrs and your mom started doing this just 2yrs back? What silly assumption is that, she might probably be someone aggressive in nature and you have been staying with her since your childhood days do u think its new to you.

Pet her, pray for her, ask a pastor or imam talking to her in soothing words to understand the lord knows best and she should take heart. If you know how it feels to lose a child then you know how she is feeling.

I will really like to know how you work in a construction company without legs!
Re: My Mother Keeps Comparing Me With My Dead Brother by DickDastardly(m): 3:17am On Dec 01, 2015
Then compare her with her dead great grand mother too tongue
Re: My Mother Keeps Comparing Me With My Dead Brother by Miami11: 3:58am On Dec 01, 2015
End time mother

I know a guy who lost his legs and his mom used to treat him even worse, now he is richer than all the other kids.
Re: My Mother Keeps Comparing Me With My Dead Brother by olumide81(m): 4:46am On Dec 01, 2015
Sit your mum down and her know how you feel about her countenance towards you, and the possibility of you commiting suicide, her response may help you decide nigger.
Re: My Mother Keeps Comparing Me With My Dead Brother by duduade: 4:02pm On Dec 01, 2015
ReabridCharles:
You lost your legs and you still manage to work in a construction site?

How magical.
Come back when you wake up

He said he RECORDS....

2 Likes

Re: My Mother Keeps Comparing Me With My Dead Brother by Pidggin(f): 8:18pm On Dec 01, 2015
Tell your mother how you feel about her attitude towards you and your dad, she will change. She probably feels overwhelmed by the unexpected loss of your brother.

(1) (Reply)

Maami My Everything / IN MARRIAGE: Guys, Is This True? / I Am Confuse!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.