Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,950 members, 7,956,580 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:35 PM

Do You Believe In Surrogate Babies? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Believe In Surrogate Babies? (1913 Views)

Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. / Do You Believe In Karma? Share Your Thoughts And Experiences. / Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Believe In Surrogate Babies? by Odeku(m): 5:47pm On Oct 18, 2006
Surrogate babies, do you believe in letting another woman carry your baby?
if you are the other woman will you give the baby up after 9 months?
In India its reported the cost is $5000.00 and it cost over $50,000 in the USA

what are your opinion?
Re: Do You Believe In Surrogate Babies? by Free(f): 2:20pm On Oct 20, 2006
well i
dont think i would do that *dont know*
but if U cnt have a child on ur own
and thats the only options then go for it
i dnt see noting wrong with it
eventhough the idea is crazy undecided
Re: Do You Believe In Surrogate Babies? by Seun(m): 12:45pm On Nov 14, 2006
If there's no other option then it's a splendid idea. I very much believe in it.
Re: Do You Believe In Surrogate Babies? by sammyjl(f): 7:22am On Nov 15, 2006
undecidedWell I dont really think there's a problem to it. If you understand the whole thing. I believe that the eggs from you are put in the other woman and fertilized with your man's sperm. So what is wrong with that. All the things are yours, the only thing is that the other woman is looking after your unborn for those months while you sit and wait. She's giving the little one warmth inside of her.

If your body cannot carry a baby and this is another option, I think one should go for it, imagine if you had to choose between surrogate or adoption. At least in the surrogate instant you know the child is yours because your eggs have been used and the sperm of your partner.

If you think its wrong, than adopt!!!
Re: Do You Believe In Surrogate Babies? by pku(f): 2:58pm On Jun 06, 2007
A lot is not right these days but the circumstances surroundting decision-making have given people no choice than to go
on with certain actions. If a couple can not have kids the normal way and all other options have been visited without
success, definitely surrogate solution should come in handy. Just that some cases get really complicated after birth.
Re: Do You Believe In Surrogate Babies? by Sissy3(f): 4:38am On May 28, 2009
I will rather adopt than do surrogate, i dnt really fancy it.
Re: Do You Believe In Surrogate Babies? by Ben13: 9:23am On May 28, 2009
I do not pray that will be the only option for anybody, 'cos for me, I wouldn't.
Re: Do You Believe In Surrogate Babies? by ifyalways(f): 1:48pm On May 28, 2009
Thank God i have been confirmed doubly fertile cheesy dont have any need for that.
@Topic,if theres no other option,why not?
Re: Do You Believe In Surrogate Babies? by spikedcylinder: 2:04pm On May 28, 2009
If I can afford it, I'd be more than happy to! cheesy
Re: Do You Believe In Surrogate Babies? by emilyone(f): 2:23pm On May 28, 2009
I do not see anything wrong in allowing som1 else carry my baby and I see no big deal in carrying someone else’s. in as much as both parties clearly understand what they are going into . no cus 4 alarm. imo
Re: Do You Believe In Surrogate Babies? by Ilelobola: 2:27pm On May 29, 2009
My easy answer as someone that’s had a child before is if the morning sickness can be passed on to someone else, why not? However, for people who have no choice it’s probably a decision not taken lightly.

I can do it for really special people if they had no other options. With regards to giving the child back, I don’t think that should be a problem as the child won’t biologically be mine and I believe the bond with a child is when after it is born and you are getting to know each other not whilst it’s in the womb; though tends to be different with 1st pregnancies. Some might disagree though.
Re: Do You Believe In Surrogate Babies? by Fhemmmy: 3:22pm On May 29, 2009
sometimes, situations and condition dictates decisions.
basket ball in the hands of me worths 10$ and same in the hands of Lebron james worth 100M$.
so india and usa are two different land of opportunities, however, only u will see what yu wanna see. grin
Re: Do You Believe In Surrogate Babies? by Nobody: 4:33pm On May 29, 2009
some parents who cant have children of their own would rather have their flesh and blood rather than adopt. i wouldnt care either way.
lets not forget that the cost of adoption in the states can sometimes go up to $40000(with all fees included and depending on who you turn to) so looking at it in the eyes of a well to do person, the difference between one and the other is just 9months and about $10000.
Re: Do You Believe In Surrogate Babies? by mohawkchic(f): 6:00pm On May 29, 2009
~Yes i do,& i must commend the Women out there who choose to Carry babies for Women who arent fertile or cant have children due to some illness . .The Success stories that is!

~As Of the cases wherein the Surrogate mums refuse to give up the child,I can only imagine what that must feel like. . . must be heartbreaking for the expectant parents but i can totally understand it aint easy cutting ties w/ a baby that has grown inside you for nine months!!

~I've always been drawn to Articles or Documentarys about Surrogacy & often wondered if I cud do the same . . undecided Doubt that very much . . . .I cant pretend not to be attched to the baby growing in me even tho i know it wont be mine . . .Really makes me wonder how Surrogate mums deal w/ these emotions !!

~A British Surrogate mum have given birth to 12 surrogate babies plus her own two children. . . .the money must be that good or she loves being Preggers/Passionate about making a difference in someone else's life by making a dream come true! . . . . I think all 3 grin
Re: Do You Believe In Surrogate Babies? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jul 24, 2010
Nothing wrong with surrogacy, as long as all parties involved are aware of the strain it may place upon their respective relationships, and it doesn't become commercialized - i.e, a licence to print money.
Re: Do You Believe In Surrogate Babies? by amosexy: 11:03pm On Jul 24, 2010
I did it once and I will again if need be, but only for my blood not for the money.
Re: Do You Believe In Surrogate Babies? by mutter(f): 11:04pm On Jul 24, 2010
I think I would adopt. It is an abuse of another woman's body for money.
I find it immoral. The women that do it need the money.
The heartbreak of parting.
I watches a documentary once. The woman had a child of her own and the boy was quite uset that the baby was not for them.
I think it is egoistic to go to such lenghts.
Why not adopt, there are enough babies out there that need love.
Re: Do You Believe In Surrogate Babies? by Nobody: 10:40am On Jul 25, 2010
Mutter, there's nothing immoral about surrogacy, as long as it's being done for the right reasons, and the moneys involved are just for care during pregnancy. It's when insane amounts of money are involved, and it becomes commercial, it becomes an issue.

I think it's unfair to say sirrogacy is egotistical, just because for some people, it's the only option. It's easy  to take the moral high ground, when you're in a position to have children naturally at will, and say you'd rather adopt. The truth is, it's all too easy to say you wouldn't go for surrogacy, untill you're faced with a real-life scenario. We respond differently to hypothesis, and real-life issues.

Adoption is fine, but at the same time, it's not for everyone. Just because you'd be happy doing things a certain way, doesn't mean the rest of the world would. Calling those that would go for surrogacy immoral and egotistical portrays a high degree of arrogance on your part, and a lack of human understanding.
Re: Do You Believe In Surrogate Babies? by Nobody: 10:44am On Jul 25, 2010
~Sissy~:

I will rather adopt than do surrogate, i dnt really fancy it.

Sissy, if you're the recipient, then there's really no difference. As a matter of fact, with surrogacy, at least it's possible to implant your own eggs, fertilized by your man's s[i]p[/i]e[i]r[/i]m, into another woman (surrogate). So the resultant baby will actually be yours, i.e carry both yours and your husband's genes. What's wrong with that?

I think a lot of us here need to really read up on Surrogacy, and see what it all entails.
Re: Do You Believe In Surrogate Babies? by mutter(f): 1:30pm On Jul 25, 2010
@ Siena
untill you're faced with a real-life scenario. We respond differently to hypothesis, and real-life issues.

That`s exactly why I feel this way.
Do you know what it means to carry a pregnancy?
To feel a baby kick inside you?
To give birth to this little fragile thing
and then give it away?
That is inhuman

To put a woman through this wonderful journey of motherhood and then separate her from the child
Re: Do You Believe In Surrogate Babies? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jul 25, 2010
mutter:

@ Siena
That`s exactly why I feel this way.
Do you know what it means to carry a pregnancy?
To feel a baby kick inside you?
To give birth to this little fragile thing
and then give it away?
That is inhuman

To put a woman through this wonderful journey of motherhood and then separate her from the child

That's where you're wrong, Mutter. No one's putting a Surrogate mother through anything - she's not being forced, she has a clear choice, and can always say no. Some Surrogates actually offer to become Surrogates, to help out a friend, sister, brother etc to experience the joys of parenthood. Does that make them inhuman?

You're looking from the perspective of giving, what about receiving? Because of the emotional aspect, that's why prospective Surrogate mothers are screened thoroughly, and given all the options. If it's felt she'll get too attached, then she won't be selected. The child carried by a Surrogate is not in any way related to the carrier - don't you get it?

As for adoption. It could be worse. A woman carries a baby for nine months, gives birth, and sometimes keeps it for a year, before deciding she can't cope, and puts it up for adoption. Are you honestly telling me that isn't worse than Surrogacy? A mother has had over a year to bond with a child, and decides she wants out? Hasn't she also felt her own baby kick inside her? Unless you're telling me, A surrogate baby (not related to the woman carrying it) kicks differently from a baby that's carried by it's own natural mother?

Try seeing things from a different perspective, and seeing the bigger picture. Not everything's black and white, there are shades of pink, brown and the rest involved!

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Surrogate Babies? by Sissy3(f): 2:04am On Jul 26, 2010
Siena:

Sissy, if you're the recipient, then there's really no difference. As a matter of fact, with surrogacy, at least it's possible to implant your own eggs, fertilized by your man's spermatozoa, into another woman (surrogate). So the resultant baby will actually be yours, i.e carry both yours and your husband's genes. What's wrong with that?

I think a lot of us here need to really read up on Surrogacy, and see what it all entails.

i know what surrogacy entails, however, it is still not a choice or an option that i am personally comfortable with regardless of whether it contains my DNA, or that of my partner.
Re: Do You Believe In Surrogate Babies? by Nobody: 7:16am On Jul 26, 2010
^^^ Any reasons why you're not comfortable with being the recipient of a child, born through a Surrogate? Seeing as it's no different from IVF, where the pregnancy is not always carried by the mother?

I'm not having a go at you, Sissy, or trying to alter your perception of Surrogacy. I'm just trying to see why it's a dead no-no.  smiley
Re: Do You Believe In Surrogate Babies? by Sissy3(f): 10:09pm On Jul 26, 2010
very complex
Re: Do You Believe In Surrogate Babies? by Treasure4u2: 4:21pm On Jul 11, 2019
Are you in need of a surrogate mother? Please do contact me on +2348146040114. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Can He Change? / Nairalanders Whats D Meaning Of 'kappish'. / Nkiru Sylvanus Marries Namadi Sambo's Aide As 2nd Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.