Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,527 members, 7,770,342 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:36 AM

Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story (26828 Views)

Share The Most Hilarious Questions Your Child Has Ever Asked U. / Wives Kindly Share The Weird Stuffs You Do For Your Man Out Of Love. / Do You Believe In Karma? Share Your Thoughts And Experiences. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by Nobody: 3:42am On Mar 10, 2015
My husband says as a Christian ,I shouldn't believe in what people call karma but I have seen this happen over and over again,people reap what they sow. Find me another word to call it. You can't sow coco yam and expect to go and harvest gboko yams

Too many examples I have seen but two stand out to me

One

I know a man and his wife who were close friends with this other couple we know. The two men had been childhood friends in Nigeria,emigrated to the the USA and remained tight friends ,both men married and their wives also became good friends.Eventually one of the couples divorced over the wife's infidelity.The other couple betrayed this man by remaining friends with that wife accompanying her to pack her stuff from her matrimonial home and giving her emotional support in the courtroom during the divorce.
We were so saddened to hear all this ,my husband expressed to the disloyal friend that he didn't act right and when the betrayed man told us about his divorce and his wife's infidelity in tears ,what hurt him most was the actions of his best friend and his wife.

A decade later ,that second couple were at the verge of divorce and one day it hit me,this was karma about to happen. I asked my husband to call this guy and ask him to go beg his former friend for his role a decade ago,my husband didn't want to be involved ,well they divorced and the man suffered worse fate.He ended up homeless and penniless and squatting with someone when the wife kicked him out and filed for divorce with a restraining order.

Two

A second case that stands out to me is an overbearing mother in law that treated her daughter in law so badly because she took a while to get pregnant and when the DIL eventually got pregnant she had a still birth and her mother- in-law told her the marriage was over.she went from that hospital back to her parent's house and the man married another wife at the command of his mom.

The MIL's only daughter was young when all this happened. She eventually grew up to be a very beautiful girl with suitors swarming.

She married the first husband and her MIL hated her with a perfect hatred.She couldn't conceive and the treatment got worse. She was eventually thrown out of her matrimonial home literally.i heard she threw out her belongings on the street and locked the door, she married the second husband ,an older man and he got sick a few years later and died .The girl had no child till this day.

It was just a few weeks ago it hit me and I told my husband,this is karma

Her daughter was treated the same exact way she treated someone's daughter ,perhaps worse.

Do you believe in karma?
Share your karma stories

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by Gboliwe: 3:49am On Mar 10, 2015
Yes, I believe in Karma and very strongly too.
While I may take your second story as Karma, the first isn't.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by OnyeEgo1(m): 3:53am On Mar 10, 2015
I too believe...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by Nobody: 3:53am On Mar 10, 2015
Gboliwe:
Yes, I believe in Karma and very strongly too.
While I may take your second story as Karma, the first isn't.

The first is karma for sure
The same heartbreak the friend he betrayed had,came upon him
How can a friend's wife be sleeping around on her husband and the friend sides with the wife rather than be there for a man he had known for decades?
When his own divorce occurred,it was devastating,He is still not over it till this day,his kids don't even want to see him unlike the situation of his friends.

Share any example you know sha

10 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by Nobody: 3:59am On Mar 10, 2015
OnyeEgo1:
I too believe...

Share a story

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by BeeBeeOoh(m): 4:09am On Mar 10, 2015
I believe in karma, my experience is nature..

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by Tallesty1(m): 5:07am On Mar 10, 2015
If karma is real then why do bad things happen to good people?

I believe there is a mighty connection between all people, I also believe that being in harmony inside and with family and society installs a well being that radiate to enlighten the world.

But Karma? No.

Sometimes the people that are supposed to be karma's perpetual prisoner go scotfree and the good ones end up suffering.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by AdeniyiA(m): 5:40am On Mar 10, 2015
For all the singles nd married sleeping around, the law of karma says That your children will do worse and the trend would continue in the family.

9 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by GboyegaD(m): 5:59am On Mar 10, 2015
I remember a story a man of God told us while growing up on why we should mind the extent to which we involve ourselves in people's relationships. He said he once advised a woman who was abuse to move out of her husband's house and one day, his wife moved out on no grounds and that was when God told him that no man is given the authority to separate couples. I think this is Karma too.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by golor(m): 6:15am On Mar 10, 2015
Kar what? Abeg there's nothing lyk karma.Karma exist in d mind of pple who believe in it.if karma is real,then it has contradict d world of God.their will b no need for God's judgment,cause we must have payed back each sin we committed through karma.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by Nobody: 8:34am On Mar 10, 2015
golor:
Kar what? Abeg there's nothing lyk karma.Karma exist in d mind of pple who believe in it.if karma is real,then it has contradict d world of God.their will b no need for God's judgment,cause we must have payed back each sin we committed through karma.

How about the sins of the father being visited on the son to the second and third generation.I truly believe there are people suffering under the weight of the actions of their parents.There are men who destroyed the lives of some innocent girls who will have other men destroy the lives of their own daughters,women who sowed harm and torture on maids and domestic workers whose children will have all doors of success slammed in their faces.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by Nobody: 8:44am On Mar 10, 2015
I beleive that you reap what you sow . . .good or bad
Sometimes its immediate and sometimes it takes years.

I dont think that anyone really gets away with doing bad. I have seen & heard so many stories
Its just that people dont learn.

18 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by Nobody: 8:51am On Mar 10, 2015
babyosisi:

How about the sins of the father being visited on the son to the second and third generation.I truly believe there are people suffering under the weight of the actions of their parents.There are men who destroyed the lives of some innocent girls who will have other men destroy the lives of their own daughters,women who sowed harm and torture on maids and domestic workers whose children will have all doors of success slammed in their faces.

There may be some truth in that, however I am not convinced
God is a good, merciful, loving and very forgiving God.
I dont beleive that I can serve Him with all my heart and He will watch me suffer for the sins of great great grandparents that I never even met.

Christianity came to our forefathers not long ago and before then they had their traditional gods that they worshipped. If one was to look at that, all of us would have been doomed. Some families still have deitys that the old people in their village worship even up until now, but we are free in Christ.

16 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by Nobody: 8:57am On Mar 10, 2015
I believe, the bible even say u reap what u sow(gal6:7). A woman who lived a wayward life when she ws young upon all the warnings she refused to heed years later she got married n the daughter is living d same way(becoming worse sef).

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by oweniwe(m): 8:59am On Mar 10, 2015
confession time....

in pry 4, i mocked my elder step sis for repeating pry 5 cos she had to change school.....

I had to repeat SS 2 later cos i changed school too. (d sch doesnt admit students straight into SS 3)....

Then i remembered when i mocked my sis.... embarassed

32 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by Nobody: 9:01am On Mar 10, 2015
chaircover:

There may be some truth in that, however I am not convinced
God is a good, merciful, loving and very forgiving God.
I dont beleive that I can serve Him with all my heart and He will watch me suffer for the sins of great great grandparents that I never even met.

Christianity came to our forefathers not long ago and before then they had their traditional gods that they worshipped. If one was to look at that, all of us would have been doomed. Some families still have deitys that the old people in their village worship even up until now, but we are free in Christ.

Besides the fact that my argument is not on the efficacy of the saving Grace of God, the Bible also recognises familial spirits and generational curses and blessings.
There are times restitution is required to prevent a payback of what was done.
Even at the times people worshipped idols most of the things that are heinous crime today were also recognized as such then.Things like murder,rape were abominations that attracted heavy punishment.
I have seen what I am talking about repeat itself in the lives of people including Christians so just saying I am now a christian ( even though they didn't call themselves pagans when the act was committed) may not be enough
I am sure you have examples you have observed yourself.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by aolatunde00: 9:04am On Mar 10, 2015
There's this incident I heard about years ago.
A young man was knocked down and kicked by a careless driver on the oshodi express way.The driver was apprehended and taken to the police station.
Seeing it was a clear case of manslaughter,the careless driver offered the inspector in charge some money to say the slain man was actually drunk and he was at fault.
At this time,the inspector had a son who was planning to abroad but he didn't have enough funds to sponsor the trip.The bribe offer was just about the amount of money he needed for his son so he accepted.
They got some alcohol,poured it on the dead mans" body and said he got into the road in a drunken state.the police inspector took the money and sent his son abroad.
Ten years later,his son came home for the very first time since he travelled.As karma would have it,his son was killed at that same spot in oshodi by a drunken driver!
Exactly 10years after the innocent boy was killed

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by Nobody: 9:15am On Mar 10, 2015
There is a popular case in old ImO state years ago.a man was killed and his flesh was used to make dried meat sold in a showcase.the defense lawyer succesfully argued to the shock of the town that recovered hand of the murdered man was a monkey's hand and that the meat was bush meat.The killer went free.That lawyer died in a ghastly motor accident shortly after.

Dont we all know bosses and supervisors who wrecked havoc , ended peoples careers and caused gnashing of teeth disgraced out of the job in more humiliating ways?

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by urchbarbie(f): 11:07am On Mar 10, 2015
I believe dis Karma stuff happens. I knw of a woman, who got prgnant for a man against her fathers warnings. The man I tink caused her sha. Yrs later, her 1st dota got pregnant outside wedlock, d 2nd dota left home doing n leaving d same kind of life, her last dota got pregnant too. All pregnancies occured around d same age of their mum. If it isn't Karma, maybe dis one na d cause

5 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by Grendel(m): 1:23pm On Mar 10, 2015
grin
Karma is a legend.
Karma is a god of revenge
Karma is a cool

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by Nobody: 3:49pm On Mar 10, 2015
People reap what they sow. For religious reasons, I'd rather not say this is about the law of karma. Many people dont reap what they sow. If they all do, the likes of IbB would be dead. Their Children would not be living in luxury while flaunting it to our faces, etc

Perhaps, God deciding to punish some people earlier as CC said, makes some of these things happen.

The story
A poor family had a property inherited from their father. They couldn't afford to develop it. They sought an engineer's help. He told them he would develop the property, use it for 30 years and give it to the family. That seemed fair enough to them and they accepted.

Fast forward to 30 years, engineer returned property and family sold it.

Engineer's son had lived abroad for several years. He came home to his Father. He had put all he ever worked for together and has come home to 'settle down'. He has used all he had on a property. His father asked which one and it ended up being the same one leased to father.

Father(engineer) almost ran mad. When he built the property, he bought substandard products that would lose strenght by the 30th year. He sought to eat his cake and have it but met his doom.

Unfortunately for his son though. But who knows? the ill-gotten wealth must have been used in training him while the poor family waited.

It does pay to be good.

cc babyosisi. story completed 17:57 11/3/2015.

5 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by Gboliwe: 4:51pm On Mar 10, 2015
Babymama1:

The first is karma for sure
The same heartbreak the friend he betrayed had,came upon him
How can a friend's wife be sleeping around on her husband and the friend sides with the wife rather than be there for a man he had known for decades?
When his own divorce occurred,it was devastating,He is still not over it till this day,his kids don't even want to see him unlike the situation of his friends.

Share any example you know sha

Sorry, I slept off right after I made that post. Lol.

I still don't see it as Karma. Every divorce should be heartbreaking to the couples (to an extent) and those involved. It would have been Karma if his friends and loved ones all sided the wife and made hell for him by maybe being too faced; ie, betraying and deserting him eventually.
Karma works for good and for bad, do you have stories where karma worked for good?

4 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by Ngenge(m): 4:56pm On Mar 10, 2015
I have an aunt that gave birth to a boy out of wedlock. She did not marry the man involved and refuse to marry another man.
The 'boy' is up to 40 years now. He refused to identify with his biological father, got a child out of wedlock and sent away d lady involved. He is almost getting married now but that my aunt is kicking against the union b/c d new lady got pregnant b4 marriage and 'she is not respectful'.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by Gboliwe: 5:06pm On Mar 10, 2015
About sowing and reaping, I like the way a cross-bearer(Grail messenger) friend of mine put up his argument. I have come to see it that way too. He said the volume of our reaping what we sow depends on our spiritual illumination or strength when the harvest is due. He said that whether there will be harvest is not the question that it is certain. He gave an illustration: Take a full cup of water, pour it up and stand at the spot, it will drench you, move away, it will just splatter on you, go further and it won't touch you at all. That is how it is, when we commit and have to payback but repent and ask for forgiveness, we move away from the calamity that the "harvest" will become and reap only small compared to what we sowed even though the good measure harvest came down

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by ShakurM(m): 6:24pm On Mar 10, 2015
My story :
Karma is a bissshh

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by Bootybuttchic(f): 12:27am On Mar 11, 2015
Yea sometimes.....but i mostly believe in the law of reciprocation ...no time smiley
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by Nursecaleb(m): 3:13pm On Mar 11, 2015
Yes,it is true,there was dis time @ome when my mum was preparing beans,nd i like beans like GEJ,so he called me to cum nd pick fud 4 me nd my bro,d same plate o,omo,i weigh am,one weigh dan d oda,on d dinning table,i was waiting 4 my bro to cum,wen i cudnt c im,i changed it,then we prayed,i didnt close my eye tho,afraid of if any1 wil change it,we kept eating,bt my mum has a behaviour,plantain,kponmo,fish,meat,pork,egg nd al oda supplement,she use to say they are all protein whether u eat any of them,i was having a teeth problem by then,i didnt knw i had scoop d beans with d minced thick osogbo kponmo,omo d tin no funny o,i nau hav 31 teeths.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by Nobody: 3:13pm On Mar 11, 2015
Nothing comes back to hurt you as badly as your own unguided negative thoughts. If you keep feeling bad & mentally harbour anger, hate, revenge, resentment...then by the law of karma, evil will find its way to you.

People get away with the evil they have committed in the past & good people suffer what they know absolutely nothing about. It's thoughts & feelings that matter. Fate springs out from our thought processes.

Additionally, the bible quips 'guard your heart with all dilligence for out of it comes the issues(problems) of life' in proverbs4:23.
Cheers!

9 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by drnairalov: 3:13pm On Mar 11, 2015
I fuckeen dnt believe in Karma.. it doesn't exist to me or maybe it is being unfair, because people who karma should really catch up with are still in the street roaming about

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Rents Out Wife’s Room, Relocates Her To The Parlour / John Fatoye Is Missing. Works In Lekki (pics) / Woman Cries Out After Her Rapist Fights To Take Custody Of Her Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.