Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

No Political Will To Prosecute High-profile Corruption Cases, Says CJN - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Political Will To Prosecute High-profile Corruption Cases, Says CJN (15995 Views)

Nigeria Yet To Prosecute High-profile Corrupt Persons – Obasanjo / My Arrest By EFCC Has No Political Undertone – Shekarau / Jonathan Showed No Political Will In Fight Against Boko Haram – US Envoy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Political Will To Prosecute High-profile Corruption Cases, Says CJN by Dannyset(m): 7:20am On Dec 01, 2015
Chai
Re: No Political Will To Prosecute High-profile Corruption Cases, Says CJN by Thollulope(m): 7:21am On Dec 01, 2015
Na me go read all this story as if my accnt wil be credited ........
Make dem sha dae blame each other
Happy new month
like if u are happy to see Dec 1
Re: No Political Will To Prosecute High-profile Corruption Cases, Says CJN by double0seven(m): 7:21am On Dec 01, 2015
Buhari should have made Femi Falana Attorney General.
Re: No Political Will To Prosecute High-profile Corruption Cases, Says CJN by Sanuzi(m): 7:23am On Dec 01, 2015
So low profile case can only be prosecuted then

1 Like

Re: No Political Will To Prosecute High-profile Corruption Cases, Says CJN by Geraraheremehn: 7:23am On Dec 01, 2015
Buhari is just a joke, greatest mistake in this century
Re: No Political Will To Prosecute High-profile Corruption Cases, Says CJN by Nobody: 7:25am On Dec 01, 2015
Hey human do you know that a site exists that you can meet hot babes and guys that are searching for you and that really want to hookup with you [no bots] , now plus delivery of hot nice chatrooms forums both adult and non adult chatrooms, live poker to earn coins and you can start changing the coins you get into real cash and get paid within the next 3 to 4 working days both via bank account and recharge cards[all networks] and a lot of more catchy stuffs available with http://chatcreek.ml/ register now and get a free open doors to all above mentioned thanks a lot for your time.
Re: No Political Will To Prosecute High-profile Corruption Cases, Says CJN by buchilino(m): 7:29am On Dec 01, 2015
AM ONLY LAUGHING AT THOSE WHO SAID DAT PMB WILL PROBE GEJ, HOW CAN A THIEF PROBE A FELLOW THIEF. SOMETIME IN 1995, IBB TOLD ABACHA, PROBE ME N PROBE URSELF. AFTER DAT STATEMENT ABACHA LEFT IBB ALONE. I SAY D SAME THING 2 PMB. PROBE GEJ N PROBE URSELF.
Re: No Political Will To Prosecute High-profile Corruption Cases, Says CJN by ipreach: 7:30am On Dec 01, 2015
this is too disgraceful
Re: No Political Will To Prosecute High-profile Corruption Cases, Says CJN by rusher14: 7:30am On Dec 01, 2015
As far as I'm concerned the fact that they are discussing means a solution is being sought.
Re: No Political Will To Prosecute High-profile Corruption Cases, Says CJN by JakesJ(m): 7:35am On Dec 01, 2015
coldsummer:
Talk is very cheap and buhari just proved that to me and he also proves that flying about is very cheap and easy too.
U're Rite Bro. U've Just Hit It Hard! Gbam!!
Re: No Political Will To Prosecute High-profile Corruption Cases, Says CJN by james1(m): 7:36am On Dec 01, 2015
Aufbauh:
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will" - Mohandas Gandhi

This is what some people don't know, they thought governance is all about PhD, good english accent, physical agility and whatever.
Once a leader has an indomitable will be it political or economical there is nothing conceivable that can not be achievable, and this has been my unwavering faith in the present administration.

Have you seen any leader the world over who wants to be or is a good leader but takes side with corrupt people?
What have you got to say with the type of men that bankrolled hos campaigns?
Do you think they did for free? Pls be realistic.
Pmb may want to do good things for nigeria but with tinubu and amaechi by his side?
You want to claim you did not hear about the remita payments amounting to 25billion naira? There is more to come.

Why can't pmb explain to nigerians what really happened to the 25billion that disappeared when he was ptf chaiman?
Politicians are politicians and will do whatever it takes to get what they want.

Buhari knew this would be his last chance to fulfill a burning wish, be civilian president before the"end" and he gave everything including his personal integrity to get it.to all those who voted for him I hope your eyes are begining to open?
Re: No Political Will To Prosecute High-profile Corruption Cases, Says CJN by udeh3(m): 7:37am On Dec 01, 2015
President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan have been vindicated

1 Like

Re: No Political Will To Prosecute High-profile Corruption Cases, Says CJN by james1(m): 7:38am On Dec 01, 2015
Receive!

Re: No Political Will To Prosecute High-profile Corruption Cases, Says CJN by thunder74(m): 7:42am On Dec 01, 2015
Thought they said GEJ is the problem and removing him will cure Nigeria problems. Wishing you all Goodluck this new month.
Re: No Political Will To Prosecute High-profile Corruption Cases, Says CJN by Jesusloveyou: 7:46am On Dec 01, 2015
mazzi:
Chai,Bubu just dey fail from all angle.
did u read d report

1 Like

Re: No Political Will To Prosecute High-profile Corruption Cases, Says CJN by labamo07(m): 7:46am On Dec 01, 2015
They can only fight a man with no political class. How can corruption be fought while having the corrupted ones holding the highest offices in the country. Oh sorry, I forgot impunity is wearing amour in Nigeria.............
Re: No Political Will To Prosecute High-profile Corruption Cases, Says CJN by Koolmexxi(m): 7:48am On Dec 01, 2015
PassingShot:

You obviously didn't read the article. If you did and still came up with this, your case is hopeless.

The CJN was referring to past administrations as he clearly made reference to cases of ten years and more.

If anything, PMB has demonstrated the needed will to bring looters of our treasury to justice. If not for respect for the rule of law, Dasuki, Diezani et al would have been rotting in jail as we speak.

Na u we suppose ask if u fully read d CJN's speech at all.. Ur hypocrisy and sycophancy simply highlighted and zoomed in on as usual, "The past administration". Una paranoia with dat administration is really becoming irritating. Tell urselves all u want but d likes of Amaechi also made up dat administration .. Ask urself why even with all d so-called "damning evidence" being circulated in d media, there is yet to be a full scale trial yet.... I
Re: No Political Will To Prosecute High-profile Corruption Cases, Says CJN by Jesusloveyou: 7:52am On Dec 01, 2015
Geraraheremehn:
Buhari is just a joke, greatest mistake in this century
for 6yrs?

1 Like

Re: No Political Will To Prosecute High-profile Corruption Cases, Says CJN by cruzyteejay(m): 7:55am On Dec 01, 2015
I don't really understand what they mean by political will...............i thought the judiciary is an institution on its own that doesn't need orders from anybody to prosecute cases that they already have verified facts and evidence,from what i could deduct from this then it means that some people are above the law to the extent of frustrating the legal body.............someone should please correct me if am wrong,thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Political Will To Prosecute High-profile Corruption Cases, Says CJN by amazingspiderma: 7:56am On Dec 01, 2015
Aufbauh:
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will" - Mohandas Gandhi

This is what some people don't know, they thought governance is all about PhD, good english accent, physical agility and whatever.
Once a leader has an indomitable will be it political or economical there is nothing conceivable that can not be achievable, and this has been my unwavering faith in the present administration.

It is obvious you did not read the post.Let me summarize is for you,since you are still in APC campaign mode.
The CJN was responding to the accusation made by the current VP last week.
In otherwords,he is now wailing.
Advice-Please read the post next time,before you comment.

[b] The blame game between the Judiciary and Executive arm of government continued yesterday, with the Chief Justice of Nigeria, CJN, Justice Mahmud Mohammed, decrying what he termed “lack of political will to prosecute high-profile corruption cases.”

The CJN, who bared his mind during a meeting with the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mr. Abubakar Malami, SAN, in his conference room, said the lacklustre attitude of government towards the prosecution of such criminal cases, “especially those involving politically exposed persons or political party family members,” was a major factor that has stalled trial of so many corruption cases.
[b]
Re: No Political Will To Prosecute High-profile Corruption Cases, Says CJN by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:58am On Dec 01, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
We all know that lack of political will has been a major problem by leaders at all level over the years. The onus is now on Buhari to do the needful.

Yes oooooo
Re: No Political Will To Prosecute High-profile Corruption Cases, Says CJN by Nobody: 7:58am On Dec 01, 2015
PassingShot:

You obviously didn't read the article. If you did and still came up with this, your case is hopeless.

The CJN was referring to past administrations as he clearly made reference to cases of ten years and more.

If anything, PMB has demonstrated the needed will to bring looters of our treasury to justice. If not for respect for the rule of law, Dasuki, Diezani et al would have been rotting in jail as we speak.

Which rule of the law? I thought that you guys were shouting that Buhari will jail even gej. So una no know about the rule of the law before now.

Deziani, Dasuki, has any of them been charged to court? We are in the 7th month and non of those men has been arrested let alone charged to court and yet pmb is fighting corruption.

Please remember the USD20billion that GEJ stole or have you guys forgotten about it?
Re: No Political Will To Prosecute High-profile Corruption Cases, Says CJN by BrainnewsNg(f): 8:00am On Dec 01, 2015
labamo07:
They can only fight a man with no political class. How can corruption be fought while having the corrupted ones holding the highest offices in the country. Oh sorry, I forgot impunity is wearing amour in Nigeria.............

Hmmmmmmm
Re: No Political Will To Prosecute High-profile Corruption Cases, Says CJN by udeh3(m): 8:00am On Dec 01, 2015
President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan was the only Nigerian President that fought corruption heavily without necessarily making noise on the front pages of the newspaper... Talking about the menace from the banks that saw the likes of intercontiental bank, oceanic bank and the rest merged and sold respectively. The case of The Permanent Voters Card (PVC) was another way he used in fighting corruption in the voting system. GEJ bought about the Federation Single Account that Buhari is now taking the praise and even the BVN...

During the media chat of GEJ, said that "Stealing is not corruption..." and the whole country and the so-called Prof. Osibanjo SAN criticized him instead of telling Nigerians the truth, saw It as a cheap point to campaign aganist him. GEJ said "Probing is different from jailing..." he said this after several consultations, and thus was ready to see how those short comings be looked into which was as a result of the constitution, while speaking that "his tenure did lot of probing even more than any president ever but the judiciary lacks the will power to prosecute those cases

Corruption is a very broad word. You cannot jail somebody because he's corrupt but you can jail someone because he/she took bribe. This is why you hear people saying "bribrey and corruption", and there implies that the two words are not dsame. If a person is convicted what he/she is convicted on should have a 'define name' and not corruption. This word called corruption is d reason while our
politicians and heads of different parastater go scot free. Misappropriation of funds should be called stealing and not corruption which has no base... these were the words of GEJ during the 2015 general election

Godbless Nigeria

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Political Will To Prosecute High-profile Corruption Cases, Says CJN by Geraraheremehn: 8:03am On Dec 01, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
for 6yrs?

undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: No Political Will To Prosecute High-profile Corruption Cases, Says CJN by 247notire(m): 8:09am On Dec 01, 2015
Aufbauh:

Oh u mean Buhari's body odour? Spare us ur sermon pls. In 7 months name one so called thief who has been put in jail. Just one name pls and u wud have won. Ur just another zombie who forgot that we are no longer in the military era whr ur Daura President just imprisoned ppl the way he likes. Are u even older than buhari? Welcome to the 21st century...

1 Like

Re: No Political Will To Prosecute High-profile Corruption Cases, Says CJN by anonimi: 8:14am On Dec 01, 2015
Re: No Political Will To Prosecute High-profile Corruption Cases, Says CJN by jude90(m): 8:18am On Dec 01, 2015
Flets:
A man who rose to presidency on the most corrupt platform ever funded by loots from Amaechi and Tinubu has no moral right to fight corruption. He's even more corrupt than most.
thank u my brother, Buhari is corruption personified, only fools can not see it.

1 Like

Re: No Political Will To Prosecute High-profile Corruption Cases, Says CJN by anonimi: 8:23am On Dec 01, 2015
jude90:
thank u my brother, Buhari is corruption personified, only fools can not see it.

scribble:

Dollarization Of The APC Primaries: How Amaehi Vanquished Atiku #saibuhari

The blogosphere was inundated with reports of the excessive sharing of dollars at the All Progressives Congress which took place during the latter part of last week.

One APC supporter and Special Adviser to Osun Governor on Environment, BolaIlori had blown the scandal open after he saw the beginning stages of the dollarization in action.

He took to his Facebook page and scribbled, “Crazy things are happening here!!! Some of these cannot represent the change Nigeria is yearning for. Excessive dollarization by one of the aspirants to is to say the least obscene. I have been involved in political process for decades now, I have never witnessed this volume of raw dollarization of party primaries. I only read about this kind of things in PDP primaries. A question been asked by conscientious delegates is that whoever can be giving out between $2000 to $5000 to…delegates certainly does not represent the kind of change Nigerians want…those who contributed to the pauperization of Nigeria now revel in dollarization… majority of Ondo delegates are still standing with Buhari but have been reduced from 85% to 70% within 24 hours…the remaining has gone with dollars ooo.!!!!!”

One has to wonder how Buhari was able to win the primaries in this era of stomach infrastructure where dollars are like the Biblical manna that God sent down from heaven to nourish the Israelites as they made their way to the promised land.

Sources close to the APC with knowledge of the way the Primaries unfolded have revealed that it was Rivers State Governor, Amaechi who flew back to Rivers State and returned to Lagos on Thursday morning with enough dollars to make Benjamin Franklin blush.

It has been revealed that Atiku offered the delegates $5000 each, but Amaechi doubled it to $10000 a pop. Thus turning the tables in favour of General Buhari.

Since his adventure into the APC, Amaechi has gone out of his way to prove himself a party loyalist, always the first to shoki or azonto at the many events the APC holds, which he himself is usually the chief sponsor.

According to party insiders, Amaechi has overtaken Tinubu as the major financier of the party. One does not need to wonder why he is always at President Jonathan’s throat over misappropriated oil wells or other such business. Anything that diminishes from the State’s coffers will have a ripple effect on his funding budget for the APC.

Joe Francis wrote in from Port Harcourt.

http://www.theheraldng.com/dollarization-apc-primaries-amaehi-vanquished-atiku-saibuhari/
Re: No Political Will To Prosecute High-profile Corruption Cases, Says CJN by Candybob(m): 8:28am On Dec 01, 2015
STUPID Chief Justice!
What has political will got to do with how the court run their business?

So you are waiting for Buhari to come and give you instructions on your fucking Job? You must be a dunderhead!

What is the essence of separation of power in a democracy, if the Judiciary still waits on instructions from the Executive before carrying out their duty?

We dont need political will, what we need is for everybody to do their fucking JOB! The Judiciary needs to step up from this their dog like behaviour!
Re: No Political Will To Prosecute High-profile Corruption Cases, Says CJN by Lothbrok(m): 8:31am On Dec 01, 2015
I just dey pass, I say make I peep first ooh! shocked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dele Okeya Joins APC With 5,000 PDP Members In Ekiti / States ‘squander’ Billions As Ruling Parties Clear LG Polls / 2023: Labour Party Holds Townhall Meeting In Nasarawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.