Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,987 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:54 AM

Corruption! How I Hate Thee - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Corruption! How I Hate Thee (371 Views)

I Hate Lalasticlala And All Nairaland Mods / Why I Hate Africans And The Arabs - Donald Trump / I Hail Thee Nigeria! My Dear Country. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Corruption! How I Hate Thee by wolajumoke(m): 7:09am On Dec 01, 2015
Despite the fact that we know you are evil

Yet we left our doors wide open to you at any time ’t’

You have eaten deep into the nook & crannies of our beloved nation

In government, you are there

Among the youths, you are popular

Even our religious leaders enjoy your company

Many who claim to fight you ended up becoming your friend

Many accuse you openly

Only to hear later, that they dine & wine with you

You have many names, yet you are always the same

I know your secret. You thrive where there is greed, selfishness & lack of fear of God

Where people regard loyalty above the truth

It is easy to point fingers to people in power as your relatives

Forgetting that they came from us & many of us will act even worse

If we were to be in their shoe. Only very few can beat their chest & say they have nothing to do with you (I hope am one of them)

If only our government will lead us with sincerity & provide basic needs of the common man

If only the religious leaders will call a spade - a spade irrespective of status or who is offended

If only our society will begin to frown at injustice & stop celebrating people who acquire riches with fraud or unknown means

If only families will chose to train their children the way they should go, frown at immoral behavior & lead by example

If only our school system will teach character & not just vocabulary & calculations

If only YOU & I, will make up our mind to agree with our conscience to stand for what is right, irrespective of who is doing wrong

If only we will be contended with what we have & see success as something beyond just making money

If only we can chose to stand alone instead of joining them that are already corrupt

If only we can choose to damn the temporary pain we may have for upholding the truth

If only you will agree with me that both of us can overcome corruption if we chose,

Then it won't be long before things will change for better.

God bless you, God bless Nigeria

Originally composed by Wale Olajumoke
http://waleolajumoke.org/business/36-economy/337-corruption-how-i-hate-thee

(1) (Reply)

Great Quotes By Nelson Mandela / Medview Starts Jeddah December 31, Acquires 737-800 For Operations / NUATE Rally To NCAA, Kicks Against Dana Request For Regional Flights From MMA 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.