Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,592 members, 7,809,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

Why EFCC Arrested Dokpesi And Bafarawa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why EFCC Arrested Dokpesi And Bafarawa (41877 Views)

Why EFCC, ICPC, AGF May Lose More Corruption Cases / How EFCC Arrested Omisore After Locking Himself Up In Bedroom / I Will Drag Dasuki, Dokpesi And Bafarawa To ICC Next Week- Femi Falana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why EFCC Arrested Dokpesi And Bafarawa by wachakuta(m): 7:07pm On Dec 01, 2015
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission on Tuesday arrested the founder of Africa Independent Television (AIT), Raymond Dokpesi, and former Sokoto state Governor, Attahiru Bafarawa, in connection with the ongoing investigation into arms procurement by the office of the National Security Adviser during the Goodluck Jonathan administration

PREMIUM TIMES learnt the two men were arrested at their Abuja homes by two separate teams of detectives and then taken to the commission’s headquarters where they are currently being interrogated.

The spokesperson for the EFCC, Wilson Uwujaren, who confirmed the arrest of the two politicians declined to give further details.

“All I can say is that some arrests were made including the two names you mentioned,” Mr. Uwujaren said. “But investigations are still on and there is nothing more to tell you at this point.”

However, a source at the commission told PREMIUM TIMES that Mr. Dokpesi was arrested after investigators established that he received some money from the office of the then NSA, Sambo Dasuki, “without any clear reason”.

“Chief Dokpesi received N2.1 Billion from the NSA’s office but investigators cannot see any clear reason for the payment,” he said.

The source said investigators were “suspicious that the money was passed to him as payment for the damaging documentaries and campaigns his station ran on Buhari, Tinubu and Amaechi.

“They believe the funds were budgeted for arms procurement but was diverted to Mr. Dokpesi.”

On his part, the former Sokoto governor, Mr. Bafarawa, whose son, Sagir, was earlier arrested by the anti-graft agency, was picked up after investigation showed that he also allegedly received about N4.6 billion from the office of the NSA with no clear reason for payment.

Investigators said they suspect Sagir acted as front for his father.

Meanwhile, operatives of the State Security Service are currently interrogating Mr. Dasuki who was also arrested early Tuesday in connection with the arms procurement investigation.

Mr. Dasuki’s lawyer, Joseph Daudu, confirmed the arrest to PREMIUM TIMES, saying he was working to get further details.

He said he was aware that the EFCC had applied to Justice Adeniyi Ademola of the Federal High Court, Abuja, asking for cancellation of the bail granted to Mr. Dasuki weeks ago.

“To my knowledge, that application is still pending before the court,” Mr. Daudu said.

A presidential investigations committee into arms procurement under the Goodluck Jonathan administration had said in its interim report that it found extra-budgetary spending by the Jonathan administration to the tune of N643.8 billion and an additional $2.2 billion in the foreign currency component.

$2.2billion Arms Deal: Why EFCC arrested Dokpesi, ex-Governor Bafarawa - Premium Times Nigeria
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/194241-2-2billion-arms-deal-why-efcc-arrested-dokpesi-ex-governor-bafarawa.html

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why EFCC Arrested Dokpesi And Bafarawa by wachakuta(m): 7:08pm On Dec 01, 2015
Anybody dat come nd shout winch hunt... may d God of chicken Pox descend on his/her Family

255 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Why EFCC Arrested Dokpesi And Bafarawa by dammytosh: 7:10pm On Dec 01, 2015
At least evidence of the payment would be shown in court if true.

Dokpesi 2.1 billion

Bafarawa 4.6 billion shocked

No wonder they fought against change and some poor electorate who can not reason on their own joined the fight against change grin

269 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Why EFCC Arrested Dokpesi And Bafarawa by nanocash: 7:12pm On Dec 01, 2015
Once upon a time it used to be millions but now is billion I hope all of them will be truncated before graduating to trillions

84 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why EFCC Arrested Dokpesi And Bafarawa by x6blade(m): 7:13pm On Dec 01, 2015
E pass me

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why EFCC Arrested Dokpesi And Bafarawa by podosci(m): 7:16pm On Dec 01, 2015
The politicians who have enslaved us don't care about tribe, religion or ethnicity. They steal and share the loot amongst themselves. But the poor and enslaved Nigerians are the onces bothering about trivial issues.

152 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why EFCC Arrested Dokpesi And Bafarawa by Dannyset(m): 7:31pm On Dec 01, 2015
Can China and Malaysia borrow us their capital punishment for looters! These set of people should be on their journey to hell now with their Boko Haram kingpin.

As for Dokpesi, if Ezekhome like let him wail to heaven, this man won't leave until he clears his name.

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why EFCC Arrested Dokpesi And Bafarawa by SenJoe(m): 7:35pm On Dec 01, 2015
The more you read and observe about this Politics thing, you got to admit that each party is worse than the other.
The one that”s out always looks the best.

4 Likes

Re: Why EFCC Arrested Dokpesi And Bafarawa by Nobody: 7:38pm On Dec 01, 2015
dammytosh:
At least evidence of the payment would be shown in court if true.

Dokpesi 2.1 billion

Bafarawa 4.6 billion shocked

No wonder they fought against change and some poor electorate who can not reason on their own joined the fight against change grin

I hope you will bury your heads in shame when these charges are thrown out!The charges are just plain ridiculous!! No Government agency just pays money to anyone without any clear reason,If you tell me the contract sum was inflated then it might be somehow reasonable

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why EFCC Arrested Dokpesi And Bafarawa by idu1(m): 7:39pm On Dec 01, 2015
Re: Why EFCC Arrested Dokpesi And Bafarawa by Nobody: 7:39pm On Dec 01, 2015
Dannyset:
Can China and Malaysia borrow us their capital punishment for looters! These set of people should be on their journey to hell now with their Boko Haram kingpin.

As for Dokpesi, if Ezekhome like let him wail to heaven, this man won't leave until he clears his name.

It won't be up to you or Buharo to decide if anyone would leave or not,thye courts will decide that when the time comes.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why EFCC Arrested Dokpesi And Bafarawa by Teryfik(m): 7:48pm On Dec 01, 2015
Chai there is God ooo.....everibodi dey chop clean mouth buh dis one's own don hang 4 their throat#FP...FP...FP

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why EFCC Arrested Dokpesi And Bafarawa by dammytosh: 7:53pm On Dec 01, 2015
chukwudi44:

I hope you will bury your heads in shame when these charges are thrown out!The charges are just plain ridiculous!! No Government agency just pays money to anyone without any clear reason,If you tell me the contract sum was inflated then it might be somehow reasonable

Shut the crap up.

You have history of supporting thieves and crooks.

So NSA will pay 2.1 billion to ait for wat ? NSA campaign ?

Shukuudi, can u do me a favour ? Gerrarahia

216 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Why EFCC Arrested Dokpesi And Bafarawa by baralatie(m): 7:55pm On Dec 01, 2015
"The source said investigators were “suspicious that the money was passed to him as payment for the damaging documentaries and campaigns his station ran on Buhari, Tinubu and Amaechi."

And it blows into the open.it was no investigation for arms.it was to kick back against the ekectionselections.
Very unfortunate

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why EFCC Arrested Dokpesi And Bafarawa by dammytosh: 7:59pm On Dec 01, 2015
chukwudi44:

Will you shut up you idiot? Did you not see me campaigning against the fraudster Fashola for inflating the money he used for website?

You and Saraki would be jailed if found guilty.

Or u don't know what abobaku means ?

Shameless eediot.

89 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why EFCC Arrested Dokpesi And Bafarawa by baralatie(m): 8:03pm On Dec 01, 2015
dammytosh:

Shut the crap up.

You have history of supporting thieves and crooks.

So NSA will pay 2.1 billion to ait for wat ? NSA campaign ?

Shukuudi, can u do me a favour ? Gerrarahia
"The source said investigators were “suspicious that the money was passed to him as payment for the damaging documentaries and campaigns his station ran on Buhari, Tinubu and Amaechi.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why EFCC Arrested Dokpesi And Bafarawa by dammytosh: 8:05pm On Dec 01, 2015
baralatie:

"The source said investigators were “suspicious that the money was passed to him as payment for the damaging documentaries and campaigns his station ran on Buhari, Tinubu and Amaechi.

From NSA to AIT ?

I just pray this is not true if not High Chief Dokpesi go get VIP cell for prison.

I still don't know how he escapedid the Abuja bomb blast case.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why EFCC Arrested Dokpesi And Bafarawa by jacabi(m): 8:08pm On Dec 01, 2015
Dasuki's lawyer, Joseph Daudu. Saraki's lawyer, Joseph Daudu.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why EFCC Arrested Dokpesi And Bafarawa by Dannyset(m): 8:10pm On Dec 01, 2015
chukwudi44:

It won't be up to you or Buharo to decide if anyone would leave or not,thye courts will decide that when the time comes.
Na so na my brother! The same way the court decides for Dasuki ba? Be deceiving ursef oo!

8 Likes

Re: Why EFCC Arrested Dokpesi And Bafarawa by baralatie(m): 8:12pm On Dec 01, 2015
dammytosh:

From NSA to AIT ?

I just pray this is not true if not High Chief Dokpesi go get VIP cell for prison.

I still don't know how he escapedid the Abuja bomb blast case.
I don't know exactly the game plan been executed by the DSS.
Initially the arms bruhaha was just too bogus.
But trying to rope chief dokpesi to a fictitious $2.2 ban arms deals is incredible

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why EFCC Arrested Dokpesi And Bafarawa by Nobody: 8:15pm On Dec 01, 2015
baralatie:

I don't know exactly the game plan been executed by the DSS.
Initially the arms bruhaha was just too bogus.
But trying to rope chief dokpesi to a fictitious $2.2 ban arms deals is incredible

Don't mind the fools,I wonder what business Dokpesi has with the importation of arms,we will know more when these cases get to court.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why EFCC Arrested Dokpesi And Bafarawa by Nobody: 8:21pm On Dec 01, 2015
bettercreature:
I wonder why you keep supporting thiefs,thugs,murderers if you are not one of them,i swear down you must be an armed robber.There was a day i almost break my screen because of your post

At least I know I didn't support certified fraudsters like Fashola and Amaechi nor certificate frauds like the dullard himself.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why EFCC Arrested Dokpesi And Bafarawa by maupe: 8:25pm On Dec 01, 2015
The source said investigators were “suspicious that the money was passed to him as payment for the damaging documentaries and campaigns his station ran on Buhari, Tinubu and Amaechi.
This is the dumbest thing I have seen today. This government is seriously competing for the award for most bizare incompetent administration in 2015.

Can anyone remember this
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/hate-campaign-buhari-fights-back-bars-ait-from-covering-activities/

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why EFCC Arrested Dokpesi And Bafarawa by bettercreature(m): 8:25pm On Dec 01, 2015
chukwudi44:

At least I know I didn't support certified fraudsters like Fashola and Amaechi nor certificate frauds like the dullard himself.
Chukwudi seriously you need to change your attitude,hating on APC will never bring GEJ to power,this is NIGERIA this thiefs are killing us and we are all facing the consequences of their actions,stop supporting this people it wont help us

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why EFCC Arrested Dokpesi And Bafarawa by maupe: 8:26pm On Dec 01, 2015
bettercreature:
Chukwudi seriously you need to change your attitude,hating on APC will never bring GEJ to power,this is NIGERIA this thiefs are killing us and we are all facing the consequences of their actions,stop supporting this people it wont help us
How does this, connect with his comment.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why EFCC Arrested Dokpesi And Bafarawa by phyllosilicate(m): 8:29pm On Dec 01, 2015
chukwudi44:

So Dokpesi is a Military contractor? If no be say u be old man, I for say u know no get sense.

52 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why EFCC Arrested Dokpesi And Bafarawa by neolboy(m): 8:43pm On Dec 01, 2015
No justice its just an act of witch hunting

2 Likes

Re: Why EFCC Arrested Dokpesi And Bafarawa by tempest01(m): 10:08pm On Dec 01, 2015
I see GEJ being roped in soon...

Hope PMB is diplomatic in anything he does

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Abdulwahab Shi, Councillor Burnt To Death As Car Catches Fire: #APC Convention / Igboho: Arewa Youths Give Yorubas 72 Hours To Leave North / Pastor David Ogbueli Calls Peter Obi's Name During Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.