Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,836 members, 7,820,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

I Want To Ship From New York To Nigeria(asaba) Help!!! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Want To Ship From New York To Nigeria(asaba) Help!!! (1724 Views)

For People Within United State, New York To Be Precise. / Delta Air Launches Direct New York To Lagos Flight / My Journey From New York To Florida By Road (live) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Ship From New York To Nigeria(asaba) Help!!! by Nobody: 3:33am On Dec 02, 2015
I want to ship from new York to asaba precisely. It's just a few stuffs. Can people help me please!
Re: I Want To Ship From New York To Nigeria(asaba) Help!!! by Nobody: 6:59am On Dec 02, 2015
dhl is ya friend
Re: I Want To Ship From New York To Nigeria(asaba) Help!!! by Originalsly: 12:09pm On Dec 02, 2015
How much is a few stuff?.... a few curtains?...clothing and footwear?....boxers, bras and toothpicks? If the stuff can fit in a small box...size of two shoe boxes...and is not heavy....and NIPOST in Asaba is not infested with thieves...I suggest you send it via USPS. But at this time of year it will take a longer time to be delivered. If a bit heavy and a bigger size box... and if you have someone that pick up here in Lagos...then I suggest you post via Grandbelle Shipping based in Queens NY.
Re: I Want To Ship From New York To Nigeria(asaba) Help!!! by Nobody: 3:04pm On Dec 02, 2015
Originalsly:
How much is a few stuff?.... a few curtains?...clothing and footwear?....boxers, bras and toothpicks? If the stuff can fit in a small box...size of two shoe boxes...and is not heavy....and NIPOST in Asaba is not infested with thieves...I suggest you send it via USPS. But at this time of year it will take a longer time to be delivered. If a bit heavy and a bigger size box... and if you have someone that pick up here in Lagos...then I suggest you post via Grandbelle Shipping based in Queens NY.
it's just a few stuffs bro. Can grandbelle ship it via air?
Re: I Want To Ship From New York To Nigeria(asaba) Help!!! by Nobody: 3:06pm On Dec 02, 2015
I wanted to go via ups but they're telling me about custom value. Which makes it expensive. Or maybe I didn't understand what custom value was. Can you elaborate
Re: I Want To Ship From New York To Nigeria(asaba) Help!!! by Originalsly: 3:22pm On Dec 02, 2015
Monstertrucks:
it's just a few stuffs bro. Can grandbelle ship it via air?
Yes...they do air ... and that usually takes like a week. You pick up at their office in Lagos. They can arrange with an agent to deliver your stuff to Asaba... but they would let you know upfront they can't guarantee for the agent... you take your chances with them if you want to. That's why they advise you pick up in Lagos... that's where their guarantee end.
Re: I Want To Ship From New York To Nigeria(asaba) Help!!! by Nobody: 3:39pm On Dec 02, 2015
Originalsly:
Yes...they do air ... and that usually takes like a week. You pick up at their office in Lagos. They can arrange with an agent to deliver your stuff to Asaba... but they would let you know upfront they can't guarantee for the agent... you take your chances with them if you want to. That's why they advise you pick up in Lagos... that's where their guarantee end.
can't they just move it with DHL from their Lagos office?
Re: I Want To Ship From New York To Nigeria(asaba) Help!!! by Originalsly: 3:57pm On Dec 02, 2015
Monstertrucks:
can't they just move it with DHL from their Lagos office?
I have some stuff coming to me in Lagos... just spoke with them... seems they have a reliable agent.... they can have stuff sent to Asaba via the agent. $50 freight charge up to 10kg ($5 per kg) to Lagos where receiver pays customs duties.Agent charges additional to other destinations. Deliver stuff to NY office before closing on Thursdays...parcel would be available for pick up in Lagos by the following Fridays. Grandbelle International Inc...Valley Stream, Queens NY (516 256 5666)
Re: I Want To Ship From New York To Nigeria(asaba) Help!!! by Nobody: 11:27pm On Dec 02, 2015
Originalsly:
I have some stuff coming to me in Lagos... just spoke with them... seems they have a reliable agent.... they can have stuff sent to Asaba via the agent. $50 freight charge up to 10kg ($5 per kg) to Lagos where receiver pays customs duties.Agent charges additional to other destinations. Deliver stuff to NY office before closing on Thursdays...parcel would be available for pick up in Lagos by the following Fridays. Grandbelle International Inc...Valley Stream, Queens NY (516 256 5666)
Okay thank you. But I won't be picking it up in Lagos but from the agent in asaba. Do the person sending the goods pay for the custom duties in NY? If I'm going to pay for the custom duties in Nigeria, how much do you think a 4kg package would cost? And how much is their agent charges? Thank you much bro
Re: I Want To Ship From New York To Nigeria(asaba) Help!!! by Originalsly: 11:45pm On Dec 02, 2015
Monstertrucks:
Okay thank you. But I won't be picking it up in Lagos but from the agent in asaba. Do the person sending the goods pay for the custom duties in NY? If I'm going to pay for the custom duties in Nigeria, how much do you think a 4kg package would cost? And how much is their agent charges? Thank you much bro
From experience customs charges depends on the goods....agent charges to Asaba you'll have to call...no idea.
Re: I Want To Ship From New York To Nigeria(asaba) Help!!! by Nobody: 11:55pm On Dec 02, 2015
Originalsly:
From experience customs charges depends on the goods....agent charges to Asaba you'll have to call...no idea.
so am I going to pay for the custom charges at the office when I pick up or at the city in NY before sending?
Re: I Want To Ship From New York To Nigeria(asaba) Help!!! by Originalsly: 11:59pm On Dec 02, 2015
Monstertrucks:
so am I going to pay for the custom charges at the office when I pick up or at the city in NY before sending?
at pick up.
Re: I Want To Ship From New York To Nigeria(asaba) Help!!! by Nobody: 8:54am On Dec 03, 2015
Originalsly:
at pick up.
Okay thank you!
Re: I Want To Ship From New York To Nigeria(asaba) Help!!! by Hotstepper(f): 2:58pm On Dec 03, 2015
It shouldn't be more than 4k . Someone I have in US has left for Asaba if not, she would have helped you to bring it down to Asaba. Where in Asaba r u?

Monstertrucks:
Okay thank you!
Re: I Want To Ship From New York To Nigeria(asaba) Help!!! by Nobody: 5:58pm On Dec 03, 2015
Hotstepper:
It shouldn't be more than 4k . Someone I have in US has left for Asaba if not, she would have helped you to bring it down to Asaba. Where in Asaba r u?

Ibusa road. smiley
Re: I Want To Ship From New York To Nigeria(asaba) Help!!! by Nobody: 6:39pm On Dec 03, 2015
Originalsly:
at pick up.
can you help me with your phone number? Or here's mine. 08168916035
Re: I Want To Ship From New York To Nigeria(asaba) Help!!! by ajibsca: 10:58pm On Dec 03, 2015
What's the weight and dimension ? I can have it delivered from NY to Asaba via Lagos in 7 working days. You have 2 options, sending it to Texas for forwarding or having it picked up . No custom charges whatsoever .Email is info@capricorntechventures.com. 08020690435.
Re: I Want To Ship From New York To Nigeria(asaba) Help!!! by Nobody: 10:46am On Dec 04, 2015
ajibsca:
What's the weight and dimension ? I can have it delivered from NY to Asaba via Lagos in 7 working days. You have 2 options, sending it to Texas for forwarding or having it picked up . No custom charges whatsoever .Email is info@capricorntechventures.com. 08020690435.
hmmmm how much would that cost me? It's about 4-5kg
Re: I Want To Ship From New York To Nigeria(asaba) Help!!! by ajibsca: 12:13pm On Dec 04, 2015
You know some items can weigh 5kgs yet the package would be as wide as 30 inches in which case the shipping company charges volume weight instead of the actual weight. I need the exact weight and the exact length and breadth to be able to give you an accurate quote in order to avoid any sort of inaccurate costing . Thanks.

Monstertrucks:
hmmmm how much would that cost me? It's about 4-5kg

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Acquiring An International Passport And Driving Lincence Is Now A Big Deal. / We'll Pay You $60,000 To Live Here! Small Swiss Village Offers. / How Much Can A Family Of 5 Use For Canada Relocation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.