Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,360 members, 7,864,680 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 12:11 AM

A Woman Loses Her Pregnancy Over Attack By DPO In Police Station Over Phone Call - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / A Woman Loses Her Pregnancy Over Attack By DPO In Police Station Over Phone Call (684 Views)

Driver Refuses To Follow Rivers Policemen To Station Over N50 Bribe (Photos) / Man Dies After Being Detained Overnight At A Police Station Over Palm Trees.PICS / Army Sacks Soldier For Killing His Lover Over Phone Call (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Woman Loses Her Pregnancy Over Attack By DPO In Police Station Over Phone Call by exlink10(m): 6:18am On Dec 02, 2015
Mrs Risikat Bamidele, a 37-year-old housewife has lost her pregnancy after a Divisional Police Officer in charge of Kemta Idi-Aba Police Headquarters in Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital, allegedly brutalised her. The DPO, identified as CSP Samuel, was said to have assaulted the woman on Saturday night for “daring to make a phone call” in his presence. You still think police is your friend? Read on..

The incident occurred barely two weeks after the Inspector- General of Police, Solomon Arase, warned officers and men of the state police command against unprovoked assault on innocent civilians. Speaking with our correspondent on her hospital bed at the State Hospital, Ijaiye, Abeokuta, Mrs Bamidele said she lost her nine-week-old pregnancy owing to the torture received from the DPO.

The victim, who is a nonteaching staff member of Catholic Comprehensive High School at Onikolobo, Abeokuta, disclosed that she was at the police station in respect of a matter involving her husband, Tunde Bamidele. Writhing in pain, Bamidele explained that she wanted to put a call across to her brother- in-law when the police chief descended on her with repeated slaps and jabs. According to her, the DPO later ordered her detention which was effected by a junior police officer.

She said: “When I got to the police station, my husband gave me his phone that I should call his brother. When I was calling, I just saw one man; I never knew he is the DPO. He said ‘you are very stupid, you are phoning after 8 (pm). You don’t know we don’t phone here after 8 (pm)?’ “I apologised that I wasn’t aware I shouldn’t call even when other officers were there and they didn’t stop me.

“He forcibly took my phone and called a police officer to arrest me. They harassed me and pushed me and my husband had to rush out shouting ‘she is pregnant, don’t push her.’ That was when the man started slapping and shouting at me.” Bamidele added that she suffered serious stomach pains all through the night following the assault.

- See complete story and more at: http://www.exlinklodge.com/2015/12/pregnant-woman-loses-her-life-over.html#sthash.wpcvycP6.dpuf

Re: A Woman Loses Her Pregnancy Over Attack By DPO In Police Station Over Phone Call by Trapnews: 6:19am On Dec 02, 2015
undecided Nigerian police, slaves to the white-man and masters over their helpless country people. Yet another victim of uncountable police brutality undecided . People should learn how to stay away from the police

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Woman Loses Her Pregnancy Over Attack By DPO In Police Station Over Phone Call by HungerBAD: 6:21am On Dec 02, 2015
Loses her life?

Read the full story from your link(btw it has some kind of virus) and no where, in the story does it says the woman died. The topic is misleading, that said, the Police should be held accountable by the law, just like every other person.

1 Like

Re: A Woman Loses Her Pregnancy Over Attack By DPO In Police Station Over Phone Call by exlink10(m): 6:23am On Dec 02, 2015
lalasticlala seun ishilove
Re: A Woman Loses Her Pregnancy Over Attack By DPO In Police Station Over Phone Call by SirHouloo(m): 6:30am On Dec 02, 2015
Sane societies' police are being trained to protect their citizens, I wonder what Nigeria's are being trained for.
Re: A Woman Loses Her Pregnancy Over Attack By DPO In Police Station Over Phone Call by Exodus2k(m): 6:58am On Dec 02, 2015
The Woman should sue the Useless DPO to court. The agony Police have cause to innocent citizen in this country is too numerous to count.
Re: A Woman Loses Her Pregnancy Over Attack By DPO In Police Station Over Phone Call by Nobody: 7:04am On Dec 02, 2015
Just thank God you didn't loose your life, ask that pregnant woman that was shot two months ago. .. I see Nigerian police I run for my life, I see armed robbers, I stay and bring out my phone and laptop
Re: A Woman Loses Her Pregnancy Over Attack By DPO In Police Station Over Phone Call by avelock(m): 7:41am On Dec 02, 2015
Hmmmmmmmmm, the DPO will face the full wrath of the law. The Almighty God will judge the brutal policeman. Human right group should take over the case against the DPO

(1) (Reply)

Partialjustice Nigerian Cocaine Drug Dealer Jailed 25yrs & Marijuana Seller Life / The World Of Nigeria's Sex-trafficking 'air Lords' - BBC / Boy Tries To Recreate His Dad's Charms For Money Ritual But Dies In The Process

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.