Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,244 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:31 AM

Kemi Adeosun: Nigeria can Save $5bn Annually - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kemi Adeosun: Nigeria can Save $5bn Annually (16277 Views)

Nigeria Spends $5bn On Generators Annually / Forbes Take On Kemi Adeosun, Nigeria's New Minister For Finance / US Donates $5bn To MNJTF For Fight Against Boko Haram. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kemi Adeosun: Nigeria can Save $5bn Annually by neolboy(m): 9:47am On Dec 02, 2015
Finance Minister Kemi Adeosun said she can save as much as $5 billion annually by cracking down on waste in more than 450 government agencies, a strategy that will determine how well Nigerian economy weathers its slowest growth spell since 1999.

Adeosun, who took office in November, offered an early glimpse of how Africa’s top crude exporter plans to navigate a crash in oil prices that has beset petrostates globally.

Nigeria’s government revenue has fallen by about 60% from the height of the oil boom more than a year ago, she said.

To compensate for those lost funds, the London-born former accountant and investment banker said she would scrutinize the prices government agencies pay for plane tickets, office supplies and other items.

Next year’s budget will also include caps on increases to government workers’ salaries, she said.
“We’re trying to rein everybody in,” Ms. Adeosun, 48 years old, said from behind the desk vacated in May by her predecessor, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala. “I don’t expect anybody to like it, but I also expect people to understand that where we find ourselves, there’s no choice.”

Ms. Adeosun was finance commissioner for Ogun State before she was appointed minister.

Source:www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/we-can-save-5bn-annually--finance-minister/122288.html

11 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun: Nigeria can Save $5bn Annually by adedayourt(m): 9:48am On Dec 02, 2015
dey yaf come again with der sugar coated mouth

12 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun: Nigeria can Save $5bn Annually by neolboy(m): 9:50am On Dec 02, 2015
Government of lies. APC SCAM

14 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun: Nigeria can Save $5bn Annually by Gboliwe: 9:52am On Dec 02, 2015
adedayourt:
dey yaf come again with der sugar coated mouth

Na so. She won't just shut up and face her tedious job. This is how they draw irrelevant attention and insults to themselves. angry

11 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun: Nigeria can Save $5bn Annually by Nobody: 9:53am On Dec 02, 2015
Good. Hope you do better than Mrs Ngozie!

13 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun: Nigeria can Save $5bn Annually by Nobody: 9:55am On Dec 02, 2015
neolboy:
Government of lies. APC SCAM
Lol... Oga go and eat plss. You look hungry. #no offence# angry

35 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun: Nigeria can Save $5bn Annually by adedayourt(m): 9:55am On Dec 02, 2015
Gboliwe:

Na so. She won't just shut up and face her tedious job. This is how they draw irrelevant attention and insults to themselves. angry
dats wer dey all strt der duties frm "mouth making" nd at d end a review of d tenure ll b failure

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun: Nigeria can Save $5bn Annually by Bevista: 9:56am On Dec 02, 2015
$5b annually. That would be an extra N1trillion added to the budget annually.

I pray she has the skill and will to pull it through.

27 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun: Nigeria can Save $5bn Annually by neolboy(m): 10:02am On Dec 02, 2015
sameer1212:

AF had u bro

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun: Nigeria can Save $5bn Annually by neolboy(m): 10:02am On Dec 02, 2015
sameer1212:

AF heard u bro

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun: Nigeria can Save $5bn Annually by obasiken: 10:02am On Dec 02, 2015
Saving during recession. Lol. Think of how to generate money not how to save oil money. Dumb leaders

9 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun: Nigeria can Save $5bn Annually by Jokay07(m): 10:08am On Dec 02, 2015
I wonder the kind of youths we are breeding in the society nowadays - I fear for the glory of our Nation. Upward, nobody has made a sensible comment with respect to what Aunty Kemi said. Politicising and condemnation of every government activity just because we are representing Apc or Pdp.
Well, Aunty Kemi should have come to reality that she is no more a ministerial nominee. Her comment should be ''I will'' not '' I can'' - whatever!! We all depend on you so don't let's us down. They said you are a greenhorn, they said you are inexperience so Let your achievements put your enemies into shame.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun: Nigeria can Save $5bn Annually by Jokay07(m): 10:08am On Dec 02, 2015
I wonder the kind of youths we are breeding in the society nowadays - I fear for the glory of our Nation. Upward, nobody has made a sensible comment with respect to what Aunty Kemi said. Politicising and condemnation of every government activity just because we are representing Apc or Pdp.
Well, Aunty Kemi should have come to reality that she is no more a ministerial nominee. Her comment should be ''I will'' not '' I can'' - whatever!! We all depend on you so don't let's us down. They said you are a greenhorn, they said you are inexperience so Let your achievements put your enemies into shame

6 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun: Nigeria can Save $5bn Annually by BCISLTD: 10:09am On Dec 02, 2015
angry do it 1st...then say "I've saved"

Great deal

https://www.nairaland.com/2766054/cheap-toks-golf-4...550k

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun: Nigeria can Save $5bn Annually by themilanway(m): 10:14am On Dec 02, 2015
Madam finance minister,I'm solidly behind you and I sincerely hope you deliver,though the job will leave you gasping for breathe,I guess you knew what you signed up for.

God bless you

God bless Nigeria

8 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun: Nigeria can Save $5bn Annually by teeboila(m): 10:19am On Dec 02, 2015
If she saves that much is she going to give me any out of it
Park well aunty Kemi.

3 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun: Nigeria can Save $5bn Annually by neolboy(m): 10:24am On Dec 02, 2015
Jokay07:
Well, Aunty Kemi should have come to reality that she is no more a ministerial nominee. Her comment should be ''I will'' not '' I can'' - whatever!! We all depend on you so don't let's us down. They said you are a greenhorn, they said you are inexperience so Let your achievements put your enemies into shame

using I can at this level is acceptable but using I will then she intended to be crucified by angry Nigerians

4 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun: Nigeria can Save $5bn Annually by tolexy007(m): 10:24am On Dec 02, 2015
cheesy lalasticlala
Re: Kemi Adeosun: Nigeria can Save $5bn Annually by funlord(m): 10:26am On Dec 02, 2015
angry Easier said than done biatch!!!

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun: Nigeria can Save $5bn Annually by Nobody: 10:38am On Dec 02, 2015
May God help you...
Re: Kemi Adeosun: Nigeria can Save $5bn Annually by Farnsworth: 10:40am On Dec 02, 2015
Okay... Start Saving...
Re: Kemi Adeosun: Nigeria can Save $5bn Annually by Adminisher: 10:42am On Dec 02, 2015
Gboliwe:

She can and she will. This is one smart woman. Not as experienced as NOI but she knows where the opportunities for saving money are. The FG and State governments are extremely wasteful and corrupt institutions. If you know what they are doing with Nigerian money you won't be abusing her even if you are a PDP supporter. They are stealing not less than N2trillion every year. That is why zero based budgeting is the answer. Some FG guest houses, conference centers, hostels and offices can generate another N5 trillion a year if they are privatised. Jonathan for all his stupidity would have done the same if he had won the elections.
I know middle level civil servants in their thousands who buy brand new cars for their wives every three years. If they look to save $5bn they might eventually save $10bn

6 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun: Nigeria can Save $5bn Annually by Acermoon(m): 10:45am On Dec 02, 2015
You can save after money have circulated....
Re: Kemi Adeosun: Nigeria can Save $5bn Annually by Standing5(m): 11:02am On Dec 02, 2015
This woman is exergerating things. I don't see how she could posibly save such from basic utilities as office equipments.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun: Nigeria can Save $5bn Annually by Gboliwe: 11:05am On Dec 02, 2015
Adminisher:

She can and she will. This is one smart woman. Not as experienced as NOI but she knows where the opportunities for saving money are. The FG and State governments are extremely wasteful and corrupt institutions. If you know what they are doing with Nigerian money you won't be abusing her even if you are a PDP supporter. They are stealing not less than N2trillion every year. That is why zero based budgeting is the answer. Some FG guest houses, conference centers, hostels and offices can generate another N5 trillion a year if they are privatised. Jonathan for all his stupidity would have done the same if he had won the elections.
I know middle level civil servants in their thousands who buy brand new cars for their wives every three years. If they look to save $5bn they might eventually save $10bn

Ushe Oniru, face your work!

See long epistle SMH.
. . .and you say I am abusing her, tells a whole lot about your grasp of simple written English.

Abeg, face your work.

3 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun: Nigeria can Save $5bn Annually by Vicadonis(m): 11:18am On Dec 02, 2015
save it and stop telling us stories

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun: Nigeria can Save $5bn Annually by cdizz(m): 11:19am On Dec 02, 2015
Your predecessors were more optimistic in their service delivery than this, yet.... Just keep quiet and work.

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun: Nigeria can Save $5bn Annually by Psalm18: 11:29am On Dec 02, 2015
In a recession, such as Nigeria is facing now.
Government should take the lead in cutting down its own expenses before touching ordinary people(civil servants)salaries.
End subsidy of oil. It's brazen theft.
Revive Ajaokuta and Itakpe steel, iron ore industries.
Allow states more flexibility with resources residing in their domain.
Pour more money(budgetary allocation) into education, science and agriculture. Slash the defense budget massively.
Boko haram will.not be defeated only by guns and bombs.
Educate the young ones in the north east, help the farmers go back to agriculture.

6 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun: Nigeria can Save $5bn Annually by looseweight: 12:13pm On Dec 02, 2015
Okk
Re: Kemi Adeosun: Nigeria can Save $5bn Annually by damton(m): 12:13pm On Dec 02, 2015
g
Re: Kemi Adeosun: Nigeria can Save $5bn Annually by Bantino(m): 12:13pm On Dec 02, 2015
Stop talking and make it happen

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun: Nigeria can Save $5bn Annually by ednut1(m): 12:13pm On Dec 02, 2015
person go just dey hear all this big big money, but will never see the effect. the sooner or later nigerians realise pdp/apc and all the ex leaders need to be rounded up and K lipsrsealed the better. 2019 if na like make una fall for scams again na una sabi

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I’m Yet To Be Briefed On Innoson Chairman’s Arrest – AGF / FFK Applauds Oyedepo, Enenche, Suleman For Speaking Against Herdsmen / Police Ask Court To Stop Probe Of Abuses By Judicial Panels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.