Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

If You Never Did At Least 80% Of These,you Did Not Enjoy Your Childhood. - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / If You Never Did At Least 80% Of These,you Did Not Enjoy Your Childhood. (1248 Views)

Can You Swear You Never Did Any Of These Things As A Child? / Only In Nigeria And Some Pictures That Will Bring Back Your Childhood Days. / Confession Time: Oya Swear That You Never Did Any Of This When You Were Young (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Never Did At Least 80% Of These,you Did Not Enjoy Your Childhood. by Balkan(m): 2:54pm On Dec 02, 2015
Heeeii, oya swear!

― If you didn't kill earthworm with salt.
― If you didn't play rubber band.
― If you never bathed in the rain.
― If nobody told you about India vs Nigeria 99-1.
― If you didn't sleep on the couch and wake
up on the bed
― if u didn't throw your milk tooth on the
roof for the lizards to take it and give you new ones.
― If you didn't just wash your hands and legs instead of
bathing when going to school.
― If you didn't act film in uncompleted building or under bed
with friends.
― If you never flew a kite.
- If you didn't use ur two legs to build houses with sand.
- If u didn't write ur name on paper and insert it into ur pen
so that no one will steal it.
- If u didn't close d fridge door really slowly to see when d
lights went off.
- If u neva waved @ white birds expectin ur nails to b whiter
- If u neva heard of a ghost dat stays under
mango trees @nights
- If u didn't drive a single car Tyre with a stick and called it
ur car!
- If u didnt mix garri n sugar in ur pocket and eat while
walking in the street.
- If u never did mama and papa play i.e. cookin grass nd
sand witout fire.
- If you didn't play table soccer. with bottle
cover.....
.....then I guess ur Childhood wasn't fun!
Oya choose which one u do
Do you knw its not jangilova epo motor? it is JINGLE OVER LIKE A MOTOR!! I bet u didn't knw. Don't be shy, I didn't know either until now I am sure 99.9 % of adults that grew up in Nigeria dnt knw dat d nursery rhyme "sandalili sandalili" is actually "standard living standard living". D song in church saying " o singo singo, praise d Lord", is actually " o sing my soul and praise d Lord. I knw u are singing it now again, smiles ***Confess.! are u guilty? hahahaha! keep sharing d fun and laff it offJesus died over 2000 yrs ago and nobody has ever called him the late Jesus, not even de devil. No where in history! He is still the Living God! grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Never Did At Least 80% Of These,you Did Not Enjoy Your Childhood. by mizquote(f): 2:57pm On Dec 02, 2015
stale.

Buh still amusing.
Re: If You Never Did At Least 80% Of These,you Did Not Enjoy Your Childhood. by Nobody: 2:59pm On Dec 02, 2015
OP, all this you posted only applies to kids that grew up in Nigeria. Trust me, the ones that grew up abroad did many fun things.

By the way, doing all this doesn't mean one had a happy childhood. Just a scar in someone's childhood can mar the entire childhood experience. And by scar I mean traumatic experiences and extreme psychological, emotional or physical abuse.

1 Like

Re: If You Never Did At Least 80% Of These,you Did Not Enjoy Your Childhood. by obiorathesubtle: 3:03pm On Dec 02, 2015
*yawns*
Re: If You Never Did At Least 80% Of These,you Did Not Enjoy Your Childhood. by Nobody: 3:06pm On Dec 02, 2015
Re: If You Never Did At Least 80% Of These,you Did Not Enjoy Your Childhood. by Abortions: 3:14pm On Dec 02, 2015
Did all those except no. 1..wink
Re: If You Never Did At Least 80% Of These,you Did Not Enjoy Your Childhood. by obiorathesubtle: 3:26pm On Dec 02, 2015
Decker:
OP, all this you posted only applies to kids that grew up in Nigeria. Trust me, the ones that grew up abroad did many fun things.

By the way, doing all this doesn't mean one had a happy childhood. Just a scar in someone's childhood can mar the entire childhood experience. And by scar I mean traumatic experiences and extreme psychological, emotional or physical abuse.
so you're saying even if the child did everything listed there, an abuse of some sort, even if it was just one day, can turn the 'happy childhood' into a sad one?

You know the innocence, ignorance and high spirit of children plays a big role.

Let's take "physical abuse" for example
A suitable character for study, like a young maid. Everyone knows that some young maids are treated like olden day slaves. But these maids, nevertheless find out time amidst the agony or suffering to do all of that the op listed. That's the spirit of the young maid or child.

So, although physical abuse would leave a scar, it won't affect the happiness of the child to any great measure.

The innocence, ignorance and high spirit of the child are good catalysts. Strong ones at that!

So, I do not agree with you that a 'scar' can mar the entire childhood experience, there's a little exception in a Teen tho, let's say.... This is one child who has gained a good amount of self awereness, then the effects of the scar might be more than that of the younger child or pre-teen, but it'll never affect the entire experience, no matter how great the 'scar' is. I'm talking about all forms of abuse. Now, if I'm looking at it from another side, if the ripple gets the end of the pond, this could be the stage where the child commits suicide, but of course, how many 5-10year olds have committed suicide??

So, Decker.. I do not agree with you on this one.
Re: If You Never Did At Least 80% Of These,you Did Not Enjoy Your Childhood. by Nobody: 3:29pm On Dec 02, 2015
This applies to Nigerian kids obviously.
Re: If You Never Did At Least 80% Of These,you Did Not Enjoy Your Childhood. by cruzita(f): 3:30pm On Dec 02, 2015
o singo singo praise the lord o singo singo praise the Lord
Re: If You Never Did At Least 80% Of These,you Did Not Enjoy Your Childhood. by Chinachriss(m): 3:40pm On Dec 02, 2015
That Mama and Papa play where I had my first kiss with Nneoma.

1 Like

Re: If You Never Did At Least 80% Of These,you Did Not Enjoy Your Childhood. by Monalisa185(f): 3:44pm On Dec 02, 2015
obiorathesubtle:
so you're saying even if the child did everything listed there, an abuse of some sort, even if it was just one day, can turn the 'happy childhood' into a sad one?

A suitable character for study, like a young maid. Everyone knows that some young maids are treated like olden day slaves. But these maids, nevertheless find out time amidst the agony or suffering to do all of that the op listed. That's the spirit of the young maid or child.

So, although physical abuse would leave a scar, it won't affect the happiness of the child to any great measure.

The innocence, ignorance and high spirit of the child are good catalysts. Strong ones at that!

So, I do not agree with you that a 'scar' can mar the entire childhood experience, there's a little exception in a Teen tho, let's say.... This is one child who has gained a good amount of self awereness, then the effects of the scar might be more than that of the younger child or pre-teen, but it'll never affect the entire experience, no matter how great the 'scar' is. I'm talking about all forms of abuse. Now, if I'm looking at it from another side, if the ripple gets the end of the pond, this could be the stage where the child commits suicide, but of course, how many 5-10year olds have committed suicide??

prompt and plain...

1 Like

Re: If You Never Did At Least 80% Of These,you Did Not Enjoy Your Childhood. by Nobody: 3:46pm On Dec 02, 2015
See dem dey shout nigger kids like say no be ajegunle dem born dem..
Mtcheeeewwww angry...okoro feeling funky undecided

Btw I did all of does grin except like 5 of dem. But I did almost all of dem
Re: If You Never Did At Least 80% Of These,you Did Not Enjoy Your Childhood. by Monalisa185(f): 3:59pm On Dec 02, 2015
didn't do the following:

--kill earthworm with salt.

-- play rubber band.

-- throw milk tooth on the
roof for the lizards to take it and give back
new ones.

-- just wash hands and
legs instead of bathing when going to school.

-- act film in uncompleted
building or under bed
with friends.

-- write ur name on paper and
insert it into ur pen
so that no one will steal it.

-- neva waved @ white birds expectin ur
nails to b whiter

-- drive a single car Tyre with a
stick and called it
ur car!

-- mix garri n sugar in ur pocket
and eat while
walking in the street.

-- never did mama and papa play i.e.
cookin grass nd
sand witout fire.

my childhood was quite restricted tho... #sobs
Re: If You Never Did At Least 80% Of These,you Did Not Enjoy Your Childhood. by Nobody: 4:30pm On Dec 02, 2015
obiorathesubtle:

Read what I wrote, I said traumatic experiences and extreme abuse. Note the use of the word; Extreme

@monalisa185

Abuse isn't something that happens just once, it's a process, and it occurs over a certain period of time and in that period of time, it has a series of effects on the mind and psychology of the individual who is being abused.

The OP made a statement; he said that any one who didn't do any of the things he listed didn't have a happy childhood. This meant that what the OP was trying to say was that anyone who did the stuff he listed, definitely had a happy childhood, and that was why I made that statement and I still stand on it.

You are getting it all wrong. Doing things that made you feel happy at some point in your childhood, doesn't equal having a happy childhood.

Let me paint a picture; Prisoners in a prison who from time to time are allowed to play chess and enjoy the beauty of the outdoors from their prison cell won't say that the period they stayed in prison was a happy one. Yes, they played chess and it made them happy, but the prison experience was the core of that period of their lives and when defining that period of their lives, the suffering and pain of the prison life would be the crucial defining factor.

You need to understand what extreme abuse really is. When a child is going through extreme abuse whether sexual, physical, emotional or psychological, the so called innocence and freespirit of the child doesn't have any role to play in how the child handles the abuse. In fact it's at such stages in a child's live that the child is really vulnerable and such level of abuse plays an huge role in shaping the personality of that child.
And when I say child, I mean an individual between the ages of five and sixteen, seventeen years old.

You should also understand one thing. Humans are wired differently and we all have different thresholds that help us in containing all sorts of abuse.. For some, this threshold or emotional wall as I like to put is, is tall and thick, for some this wall is short and thin, so unlike the former, the latter would find it harder in handling and dealing with such form of abuse.
So basically, how the mind of someone perceives and handles abuse could be entirely different from another person.

The thing with abuse and why I said it's a scar is that it sticks with that individual throughout that phase of his/her life and sometimes through the entire life of that person.

Let's say the childhood of a person is a part of the body, maybe the left side of the face.
When the person has a scar on that part of the face, it mars it and no matter what attractive physical features are on that scarred part of the face, whenever the person thinks about that part of the body, all the person remembers is that scar.

That's exactly the way it is with abuse. Most people who suffered one form of extreme abuse or the other during their childhoods always associate that time in their lives with such abuse, and more often than not it's a subconscious process, to the extent that when they try to recall their happy memories, all they see is that dark fog of abuse hovering around.
Re: If You Never Did At Least 80% Of These,you Did Not Enjoy Your Childhood. by aladitu(m): 4:46pm On Dec 02, 2015
Lol! Surely if you didn't do all this you are part of indomie generation
Re: If You Never Did At Least 80% Of These,you Did Not Enjoy Your Childhood. by oglalasioux(m): 8:30pm On Dec 02, 2015
Brilliant.
In truth it's the kids from middle income and poor homes that can boast of these experiences. The rich kids did little or non of them. Even the jangilova and o singo singo is nothing but the mark of both intellectual and monetary poverty. While we (I included) celebrate that unique childhood, let's strive to make our children more useful to the society by making sure they work harder and play less.
Re: If You Never Did At Least 80% Of These,you Did Not Enjoy Your Childhood. by Polarbite(m): 9:02pm On Dec 02, 2015
I've neva done dat- washn ur legs nd hand insted of bafn but asyd 4rm dat i did everythng ni o.My fav.is mummy and daddy+bojuboju+suwe etc
Re: If You Never Did At Least 80% Of These,you Did Not Enjoy Your Childhood. by Polarbite(m): 9:04pm On Dec 02, 2015
Am sure we all sang ds song 'iya titi ti se be' instead of 'we are h-a-p-p-y?
Re: If You Never Did At Least 80% Of These,you Did Not Enjoy Your Childhood. by Monalisa185(f): 8:10am On Dec 03, 2015
Decker:

Read what I wrote, I said traumatic experiences and extreme abuse. Note the use of the word; Extreme

@monalisa185

Abuse isn't something that happens just once, it's a process, and it occurs over a certain period of time and in that period of time, it has a series of effects on the mind and psychology of the individual who is being abused.

The OP made a statement; he said that any one who didn't do any of the things he listed didn't have a happy childhood. This meant that what the OP was trying to say was that anyone who did the stuff he listed, definitely had a happy childhood, and that was why I made that statement and I still stand on it.

You are getting it all wrong. Doing things that made you feel happy at some point in your childhood, doesn't equal having a happy childhood.

Let me paint a picture; Prisoners in a prison who from time to time are allowed to play chess and enjoy the beauty of the outdoors from their prison cell won't say that the period they stayed in prison was a happy one. Yes, they played chess and it made them happy, but the prison experience was the core of that period of their lives and when defining that period of their lives, the suffering and pain of the prison life would be the crucial defining factor.

You need to understand what extreme abuse really is. When a child is going through extreme abuse whether sexual, physical, emotional or psychological, the so called innocence and freespirit of the child doesn't have any role to play in how the child handles the abuse. In fact it's at such stages in a child's live that the child is really vulnerable and such level of abuse plays an huge role in shaping the personality of that child.
And when I say child, I mean an individual between the ages of five and sixteen, seventeen years old.

You should also understand one thing. Humans are wired differently and we all have different thresholds that help us in containing all sorts of abuse.. For some, this threshold or emotional wall as I like to put is, is tall and thick, for some this wall is short and thin, so unlike the former, the latter would find it harder in handling and dealing with such form of abuse.
So basically, how the mind of someone perceives and handles abuse could be entirely different from another person.

The thing with abuse and why I said it's a scar is that it sticks with that individual throughout that phase of his/her life and sometimes through the entire life of that person.

Let's say the childhood of a person is a part of the body, maybe the left side of the face.
When the person has a scar on that part of the face, it mars it and no matter what attractive physical features are on that scarred part of the face, whenever the person thinks about that part of the body, all the person remembers is that scar.

That's exactly the way it is with abuse. Most people who suffered one form of extreme abuse or the other during their childhoods always associate that time in their lives with such abuse, and more often than not it's a subconscious process, to the extent that when they try to recall their happy memories, all they see is that dark fog of abuse hovering around.

having read your piece, I now see where you are coming from...'EXTREME', probably, your initial piece didn't go down quite clear...Buh I'll leave it to obiorathesubtle since the argument is between the both of you.....well done tho!!!
Re: If You Never Did At Least 80% Of These,you Did Not Enjoy Your Childhood. by obiorathesubtle: 8:31am On Dec 03, 2015
Decker:

@monalisa185

I'm sorry bro. Didn't see this mention, I only got monalisa's mention. Don't know why. Maybe I'll mail a mod or sth

Anyway. I understand what you've said.

Certain experiences leave scars that affect childhood happiness, very true.

(1) (Reply)

When Bae Is Pregnant But You Don't Want Kids Yet / Funny Picture / Five Types Of Peoples You Will Meet At Football Betting Shop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.