Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

Osun Sacks 82 College Of Education Workers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Sacks 82 College Of Education Workers (695 Views)

Photos Of The 82 Released Chibok Girls Meeting With Abba Kyari & Others In Abuja / BREAKING: Osun Sacks Striking Doctors-punch / Governor Aregbesola Sacks 82 College Of Education Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Sacks 82 College Of Education Workers by femiero: 1:07am On Dec 03, 2015
OSOGBO—A gale of retrenchment yesterday swept through Osun State as no fewer than 82 workers of Osun State College of Education, Ila-Orangun, were sacked by the management of the state-owned institution.

The affected workers, who were relieved of their duties were mostly members of the non-Academic Staff Union of the college.

When contacted on telephone, the Chairman of College of Education Academic Staff Union, Segun Onifade, confirmed the sack of the 82 workers, but added that the sacked workers were contract staff of the college.

Onifade said some of the sacked workers had spent six years before the institution’s authorities decided to send them packing.

Chairman of the college’s Governing Council, Mr Niyi Akande, said he was not aware of the development.

He said: “I am not aware of that. I have not been told that anybody has been sacked. I am in Abuja.”

Meanwhile, the leadership of National Association of Nigerian Students NANS, has threatened to shut down the economic and social activities in Osun State should the state government merge its tertiary institutions.

NANS Deputy Coordinator, Zone D,A Comrade Afolabi Saheed, in a release made available to our correspondent in Osogbo warned the state governor, Mr Rauf Aregbesola against any reformation of the state’s education sector that tends threatens the future of the people of the state.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/osun-sacks-82-college-of-education-workers/
Re: Osun Sacks 82 College Of Education Workers by mazzi: 1:12am On Dec 03, 2015
OSUN the failed state of southweste
Re: Osun Sacks 82 College Of Education Workers by twosquare(m): 3:28am On Dec 03, 2015
I heard the third living creature say, "Come!" Then I looked and saw a black horse, and its rider held in his hand a pair of scales.
Re: Osun Sacks 82 College Of Education Workers by olumide81(m): 5:25am On Dec 03, 2015
Casual sacked! What an irony, you cant give what u dont have though.
Re: Osun Sacks 82 College Of Education Workers by SegunAdewole: 6:02am On Dec 03, 2015
Chei our dear failed state of osun. This is hunger coming o. Chai Buhari!
Re: Osun Sacks 82 College Of Education Workers by ckmayoca: 6:05am On Dec 03, 2015
Changing is seriously taking place. Egba wa oooo
Re: Osun Sacks 82 College Of Education Workers by ChappyChase: 6:10am On Dec 03, 2015
mazzi:
OSUN the failed state of southweste
Apart from Lagos which other state is working in the south-west?
Re: Osun Sacks 82 College Of Education Workers by Blackfire(m): 6:11am On Dec 03, 2015
Now that is a progressive state, with a technocratic wonderful govnor.. Loved by the people of osun, tuale baba kabiru.

Pls u ve no right to criticise aregbesola.

(1) (Reply)

FG Plans N6tn Budget, FEC Approves MTEF / Biafra: No Nnamdi Kanu, No Dialogue With FG—MASSOB, IPOB : Vanguard / BREAKING NEWS!!!!! Dokpesi Leaves Detention‎ After Three Days In Kuje Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.