Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,085 members, 7,818,250 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

The New Face Of Job Recruitment Scam In Nigeria!!! - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The New Face Of Job Recruitment Scam In Nigeria!!! (19506 Views)

Efcc Raises Alarm Over Alleged Recruitment Scam / NECO Recruitment Scam Alert! No Recruitment Campaign Online - NECO Warns / Job Seekers In Kaduna Troop Out In Search Of Job Vacancies (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The New Face Of Job Recruitment Scam In Nigeria!!! by Rapmoney(m): 12:29pm On Dec 03, 2015
Nashoji:
I help them waste the printed advert, because any time they give me the paper, I collect it from them and squeeze it and throw it away without reading the content inside.
grin
Re: The New Face Of Job Recruitment Scam In Nigeria!!! by 400billionman: 12:34pm On Dec 03, 2015
ATTEND OUR SEMINAR !!!
Re: The New Face Of Job Recruitment Scam In Nigeria!!! by Rapmoney(m): 12:34pm On Dec 03, 2015
Now, see this scam!

Re: The New Face Of Job Recruitment Scam In Nigeria!!! by armadeo(m): 12:35pm On Dec 03, 2015
@rapmoney.

What is a water doctor. Are you supposed to purify water?

1 Like

Re: The New Face Of Job Recruitment Scam In Nigeria!!! by Abimbade: 12:36pm On Dec 03, 2015
[/b][b] They are every where e.g geo life network marketing company. They wil promise u an ushering job @ 5k per day. U better run they are just out to waste ur tym and energy. Bunch of pathetic liars. I still promised one of them suffering till she apologize 4 wasting my resources.

1 Like

Re: The New Face Of Job Recruitment Scam In Nigeria!!! by OLUWAFUNMISE(f): 12:37pm On Dec 03, 2015
grin
Re: The New Face Of Job Recruitment Scam In Nigeria!!! by Akynzodeighbour(m): 12:43pm On Dec 03, 2015
Rapmoney:
I dey tell u my broda! Some even beg u to attend interviews!!!
lol, thats true, some will keep sending text to attend interview, if you miss 20th, dey will fix another date for you

1 Like

Re: The New Face Of Job Recruitment Scam In Nigeria!!! by kellsblingsz(m): 12:51pm On Dec 03, 2015
Dem plenty na.... some called theirs networking, some of them are TIANSHI, GNLD, EDMARK to mention but a few.. there is dis one i met, he said they pay 2000 daily.i wz like a whopping 2k jst for a day?? na so i calculate am for 1yr and i see say i go don hammer by den.. bt na scam joor

2 Likes

Re: The New Face Of Job Recruitment Scam In Nigeria!!! by Nobody: 12:52pm On Dec 03, 2015
Contact ISP

Re: The New Face Of Job Recruitment Scam In Nigeria!!! by beyoncausme: 1:00pm On Dec 03, 2015
and it's called networking....
Re: The New Face Of Job Recruitment Scam In Nigeria!!! by Nobody: 1:10pm On Dec 03, 2015
No 1, 2, 3 are wrong I don't know about others. Do you think is all firm or organization are popular? Only the popular firm don't advertise. If the participants are not too much and you can conclude everything one day why wasting time just to show that you are real. Is person like you that will get a job and conclude it too cheap to be true. Must they stress you before giving you job? Typical Nigerian
Re: The New Face Of Job Recruitment Scam In Nigeria!!! by Chinaboi(m): 1:19pm On Dec 03, 2015
Akynzodeighbour:
any job u apply for and they get back to you less than 24hours is a scam,gnld or marketing people
i guess u dnt knw wat u talkn about...so sharap n stop sayin trash
Re: The New Face Of Job Recruitment Scam In Nigeria!!! by emmanuel596(m): 1:23pm On Dec 03, 2015
Rapmoney:
As the rate of unemployment soars higher in Nigeria, some group of evil people have been going about major Nigerian cities as concerned Nigerians who are out to contribute to the solution of unemployment in the society!!!

These set of people have succeeded in utilizing various tactical and cunning ways to dupe innocent jobless graduates of their scarce resources! The most annoying part is that they mostly pose as very religious people; with well-pressed long-sleeved shirts, trousers with sharp edges, ties to match and this 'pastorish' look!

They mostly stand at street corners and busy places to distribute handbills and flyers to their 'prospective victims' wink

WAYS TO IDENTIFY THIS JOB RECRUITMENT SCAM:

1) It is advertized on the streets with handbills and flyers. Genuine jobs are never advertized that way.

2) You should know it is a scam because the agents that distribute the flyers must be jobless! I mean, what should a gainfully employed man be doing during office hours at street corners? Distributing job flyers? Don't they have family members and friends to offer jobs to?

3) They normally conduct interview sessions and still recruit that same day! How possible normally?

4) Everyone that attends the interview is recruited! How can 40 people show up for an interview and in the end, the entire 40 persons are taken for the job? So why the interview in the first place? That's a clear sign of scam!!! I hope Dukwe and his gang would be caught soonest!

5) They ask cheap and irrelevant questions during interviews; questions that do not test your ability or suitability for the said job!

6) They hardly have a specific line of business or a specific service they render to the public; their hands seem to be in every pie and bread!

7) They always have big promises to scam their supposed victims! Just know that you are on your way to be scammed when the supposed manager comes out wretched buy yet gives you too-good-to-be-true promises about the firm!!!

cool They always have one package or the other to sell to you! How can a genuine firm be selling useless packages to its employees as a way of staying in business or making profits? This clearly means that they don't have any genuine specific line of business!

You can add whatever you have noticed about job recruitment scams cheesy
Charles dukwe scam you too?? I heard his firm was legit but GEJ froze his company account in nigeria....abeg gv me updates

2 Likes

Re: The New Face Of Job Recruitment Scam In Nigeria!!! by joenaija: 1:25pm On Dec 03, 2015
OP you forgot to add that they now run recruitment websites with fictional adverts to draw traffic to their websites for selfish reasons

2 Likes

Re: The New Face Of Job Recruitment Scam In Nigeria!!! by mightyrocket(m): 1:27pm On Dec 03, 2015
Gnld and neo life are a great scam
I hate marketing jobs too sad

1 Like

Re: The New Face Of Job Recruitment Scam In Nigeria!!! by deramarks(f): 1:33pm On Dec 03, 2015
I don't like ur picture asif I saw karishika *lord save me from karishika*
trishapal:
I remember an interview I was invited for here in Lagos. The environment immediately told me it was a scam. When the haggard interviewers saw me, they felt intimidated as it was clear I wasn't a fresher but a gainfully employed person wanting to switch to another job. I noticed the looks on their faces when I told them my work history. I almost busted into laughter cos they were looking like they wanted to run away for fear of being arrested... I walked to my car majestically...
Re: The New Face Of Job Recruitment Scam In Nigeria!!! by faithtope(f): 1:37pm On Dec 03, 2015
May God deliver d unemployed graduate frm dem.... N precise whose fault? .... If not our leader n government. Naija na WA ooooo

1 Like

Re: The New Face Of Job Recruitment Scam In Nigeria!!! by Louislewis: 1:45pm On Dec 03, 2015
Another tactics of the 419 mail that you will receive on phone as message will read as follows: [size=18pt]"Base on referral, BG Logistics shortlists you for a CHAT/WORK BRIEF on (DAY, DATE and TIME)prompt @ 16 Akinremi Str. Anifowoshe Ikeja". [/size]With one useless and faceless [size=18pt]HR manager or officer with fake name MRS kolawole ph no. 09081535302[/size]. Please beware, they are 419er.

2 Likes

Re: The New Face Of Job Recruitment Scam In Nigeria!!! by BlueScholar(m): 1:48pm On Dec 03, 2015
So last week a guy handed me bill about a certain job that pays per hour, being that we're on strike and I was just wasting time at home I decided to text them my details just as asked in the bill.
After that I quickly google the name of the company, the first page that pops up was nairaland and the comment was brutal cheesy
I just smile and squeeze the bill. Now the number I text my info to kept calling.....
I guess is time I start checking this section. Thank you for sharing this.

2 Likes

Re: The New Face Of Job Recruitment Scam In Nigeria!!! by engrshakespeare: 1:57pm On Dec 03, 2015
Chinaboi:

GNLD Slave spotted grin

3 Likes

Re: The New Face Of Job Recruitment Scam In Nigeria!!! by Akynzodeighbour(m): 2:07pm On Dec 03, 2015
Chinaboi:

who is dis one, must you quote me

1 Like

Re: The New Face Of Job Recruitment Scam In Nigeria!!! by professore(m): 2:18pm On Dec 03, 2015
This is nice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The New Face Of Job Recruitment Scam In Nigeria!!! by sweatlana: 2:31pm On Dec 03, 2015
TopeQs:
GNLD, SCAMMING NIGERIANS SINCE 1759...........grin

I still don't understand how people fall for it.

Eg: a bar of soap #200 (normal price). A bar of soap #800 (GNLD) price. The same quality o.

The for each #800 bar of soap u buy they give u#150 as the so called "profit"
When in reality you have lost #450! Cos the soaps market value was actually #200!

1 Like

Re: The New Face Of Job Recruitment Scam In Nigeria!!! by beautyerhu86(f): 2:34pm On Dec 03, 2015
ihatebuhari:
Pooooooo

Useless post

Even here in London, is advertized on the streets with handbills and flyers

How is it a useless post? Abi na your big nyansh dem dey use do advert for London flyers wey dey give you money. Attention seeker.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The New Face Of Job Recruitment Scam In Nigeria!!! by djnonny(m): 2:41pm On Dec 03, 2015
My ear Don Big
Re: The New Face Of Job Recruitment Scam In Nigeria!!! by ifeomaekol(f): 2:48pm On Dec 03, 2015
GNLD all the way

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The New Face Of Job Recruitment Scam In Nigeria!!! by horlakunle25(m): 3:21pm On Dec 03, 2015
papawemba:
In 2009, i was invited to Ojodu Berger for such an interview. After series of phone calls to them asking for direction, i arrived at the venue. I was looking my best in my black suit, well-polished original Italian black shoes, nice haircut, well-shaved beards and 212 perfume oozing out of my body. My heart sank into my stomach when i got into a shack they called an office; the wooden table they used as their office desk had seen worse days, at one corner inside the shack were used plates with gory sights of left-over amala and ewedu inside, at another corner was a broom struggling to hold empty pure water sachets, feathers and some other debris swept to a corner from being blow away by a President standing fan that sounded like Ambode helicopter.

Behind the table, were two men looking like the last survivors of kwashiorkor holocaust, through their half-buttoned shirts i could count the number of bones in their ribs as they practically looked like a rough sketch and i could see their aged heart trying to pump a few pints of blood through their frail skeletal system. The first man brought out an old long notebook, which was supposed to have a hard cover but i supposed the hard cover must have been used as a hand fan in times of power outage and i could only but imagine how hot that place would be. I asked them if they were the people i was talking with on the phone and they nodded in affirmative manner, offered me a plastic seat to seat while one took my details and the other opted to go fetch the manager.

The smell of my perfume brought a momentary respite to their nostrils from the stench coming out from all corners of the shack. Minutes later after they had asked a couple of lame questions and scribbled my response on their paper, the manager came out... Jeez.

To cut a very long story short, i demanded for my transport fare, i insisted that they must refund the money i spent on recharge cards calling them and ... But i realized i was dealing with people whose jobless condition was way worse than mine.
ah! Guy!! Dis thing too long na!!!
Re: The New Face Of Job Recruitment Scam In Nigeria!!! by airex(m): 3:22pm On Dec 03, 2015
Akynzodeighbour:
any job u apply for and they get back to you less than 24hours is a scam,gnld or marketing people
I disagree with u on that please.
Re: The New Face Of Job Recruitment Scam In Nigeria!!! by TopeQs: 4:40pm On Dec 03, 2015
sweatlana:

I still don't understand how people fall for it.

Eg: a bar of soap #200 (normal price). A bar of soap #800 (GNLD) price. The same quality o.

The for each #800 bar of soap u buy they give u#150 as the so called "profit"
When in reality you have lost #450! Cos the soaps market value was actually #200!

unemployment is affecting people............they just want to get a job, but it isn't easy, if you hear them sweet-talk ehn, you'll almost be convinced....but I believe they get too people that are desperate.......

1 Like

Re: The New Face Of Job Recruitment Scam In Nigeria!!! by ihatebuhari(f): 4:49pm On Dec 03, 2015
beautyerhu86:

How is it a useless post? Abi na your big nyansh dem dey use do advert for London flyers wey dey give you money. Attention seeker.
broke ass bitchh
Re: The New Face Of Job Recruitment Scam In Nigeria!!! by mykohayz(m): 4:59pm On Dec 03, 2015
Rawblings:
True. GNLD
These guys keep wasting their money to print paper. An idle man is truly the devil's workshop

You'll see something like

Work 1 hour per day and get 8k per month.. In this country. When people work 18 hours a day and get just 10k.

OFFLINE SCAMMERS

ONLINE SCAMMERS are doing their own too

#fiverr
#freelancer

And who says FIVERR plus FREELANCE is a scam as alleged, abeg get your facts right bro.

1 Like

Re: The New Face Of Job Recruitment Scam In Nigeria!!! by Rawblings(m): 5:01pm On Dec 03, 2015
I didn't say that. Those harsh tags signify where i work and who i am
mykohayz:

And who says FIVERR plus FREELANCE is a scam as alleged, abeg get your facts right bro.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Reasons Why There Will Be Few Federal Government Recruitments In 2019 / Strictly For Futo Graduates / How Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Job Search

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.