Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,350 members, 7,957,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 04:02 AM

Man Dies On Board Arik Airline In Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Man Dies On Board Arik Airline In Nigeria (1062 Views)

Nigerian Man Collapses, Dies On A Flight From Dubai To Luwanda. Do You Know Him? / BREAKING: FG Takes Over Arik Airline - Vanguard / The Arik Airline Passenger Seat An Expatriate Saw Today (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Dies On Board Arik Airline In Nigeria by Tpave(m): 1:08pm On Dec 03, 2015
Arik Airline: one of Nigeria’s airlines
A 57-year-old man, Albert Nnadi, was on Wednesday confirmed dead on board an Arik Air flight from Owerri to Lagos.
The passenger was said to have been found dead at the point when passengers were disembarking the flight at the Murtala Muhammed Domestic Airport Terminal One, Lagos.
The deceased, who was accompanied by one of his relatives, identified as Damien Nwachkwu, was said to be traveling to Lagos to seek medical assistance on obesity.
Arik Air in a statement by its Communications Manager, Mr Ola Adebanji, confirmed the incident.
The statement said the passenger boarded the flight from Owerri in the company of a relative, adding that he started showing signs of uneasiness midway into the flight.
“The body of the man has been deposited in the mortuary by the Police, while investigation into the immediate cause of death is ongoing,” it said.
Re: Man Dies On Board Arik Airline In Nigeria by Cherriecupid(f): 1:11pm On Dec 03, 2015
It's really sad. I know some jobless nairalanders will put the blame on Arik as usual.
Re: Man Dies On Board Arik Airline In Nigeria by fromnigeria(m): 1:28pm On Dec 03, 2015
Pathetic
Re: Man Dies On Board Arik Airline In Nigeria by deewhone(f): 1:47pm On Dec 03, 2015
Sad!
Re: Man Dies On Board Arik Airline In Nigeria by faray: 3:40pm On Dec 04, 2015
o ma se o
Re: Man Dies On Board Arik Airline In Nigeria by eyinjuege: 11:41am On Dec 05, 2015
Wow, that's so sad. It was a short flight though, so he must have had some underlying obesity associated disease which decided to finish him off.

Obesity is a serious disease, and I wish people can do more to prevent it. Some cancers have an increased risk of occurring in obese individuals. They are also prone to having myocardial infarction/ cardiac arrests, strokes, diabetes, hypertension and its sequele such as kidney failure, stroke, heart failure.
In short, obesity seems to cause all the terrible diseases in mankind.

Exercise and a healthy diet is the way forward.

I wish however I could practice what I just preached grin grin

1 Like

Re: Man Dies On Board Arik Airline In Nigeria by Tpave(m): 3:24pm On Dec 05, 2015
eyinjuege:
Wow, that's so sad. It was a short flight though, so he must have had some underlying obesity associated disease which decided to finish him off.

Obesity is a serious disease, and I wish people can do more to prevent it. Some cancers have an increased risk of occurring in obese individuals. They are also prone to having myocardial infarction/ cardiac arrests, strokes, diabetes, hypertension and its sequele such as kidney failure, stroke, heart failure.

Are you a medical doctor? Your explanation though
Re: Man Dies On Board Arik Airline In Nigeria by eyinjuege: 4:16pm On Dec 05, 2015
Tpave:
Are you a medical doctor? Your explanation though

I'm a herbalist grin grin cheesy

Na joke o....
Re: Man Dies On Board Arik Airline In Nigeria by SmartMugu: 1:59am On Dec 06, 2015
eyinjuege:

Did the article say he was obese? Why couldn't he have died of other reasons like heart-attack etc?
Re: Man Dies On Board Arik Airline In Nigeria by eyinjuege: 6:00am On Dec 06, 2015
SmartMugu:

Did the article say he was obese? Why couldn't he have died of other reasons like heart-attack etc?

The article did state he was travelling to Lagos to get medical help for obesity.

Pls, kindly go through it again, (Line 7).

I didn't just start forming stuff from my imagination.

Obesity has been linked with cardiac arrest/ myocardial infarction aka heart attacks as I said earlier.

2 Likes

Re: Man Dies On Board Arik Airline In Nigeria by Tpave(m): 8:22am On Dec 06, 2015
SmartMugu:

Yes

(1) (Reply)

Spending 3 Days In Togo / How To Plan An Affordable Ghana Vacation / In Need Of Budget Size Hotels Close To Victoria Island

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.