Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

Tiwa Savage: I Once Abstained From Sex For Three Years - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Tiwa Savage: I Once Abstained From Sex For Three Years (58817 Views)

Tiwa Savage: "I Don’t Want My Son To Do Music, But He Keeps Moving Towards It” / Tiwa Savage: I Am The Most Popular Female Artiste In Africa / Tiwa Savage: I Never Slept With Donjazzy, Tuface And Dr Sid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tiwa Savage: I Once Abstained From Sex For Three Years by miqos02(m): 3:27pm On Dec 03, 2015
Multi award-winning singer and performer, Tiwa Savage, has opened up on her religious belief, marital stand, as well as how she preached and practiced abstinence from sex for three years.

The Mavin Records first lady also said she is ‘very spiritual’, affirming that she pays her tithes often as well as conversing with God.

She said, “I may not always get to kneel down and pray but at some point in the car or wherever I am, I would have a conversation with God; I am very spiritual. I do not joke with paying tithe or speaking with God. I owe everything to him and I guess a lot of people don’t see that side.

“I gave my life to God on July, 16 2002 and I went through a tough time following that,” she added.

Speaking further, the 35-year-old talked about the times she would get on a train and preach as well as practicing abstinence for three years.

“I had gone through a tough time trying to find myself. I went through heartbreak and I remember crying so much through that time. I felt lost and didn’t know where I needed to be in this world. I know this sounds cliché, but I was praying one day and I literally felt the presence of God in the room with me.

“And, you know when you first give your life to Christ, you are a radical. So, then, I would preach to strangers on the train and say Jesus sent me to you.

“Sometimes I would give my entire one month paycheck to the church; they asked for only 10%, but I would give the entire 100%. People scoffed and said “she is new in the faith, just give her another year”.

“And for three years, I was not intimate with a man. I didn’t kiss or have sex. Every time I hugged a man it would be from the side. A lot of people can relate to that because it has happened to a lot of us but the key is to be consistent,” the mother of one added.

Tiwa also stated that even if she wasn’t a Christian she still wouldn’t have lived a promiscuous life owing to her nature.

“Even if I was not a Christian, I was never that type of girl. I was a tomboy. My mum used to think I would be gay. I am the only girl among four siblings so I used to wear trousers to feel like I was part of the boys. I never waxed my eyebrows and I hated high heels, which I still hate till today.

“I was never into boys, which is probably why my husband has full confidence that the big men flashing money in my face won’t faze me,” the ‘Eminado’ crooner quipped.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/12/03/i-once-abstained-from-sex-for-three-years-tiwa-savage/

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tiwa Savage: I Once Abstained From Sex For Three Years by Cutehector(m): 3:29pm On Dec 03, 2015
So we should give her a standing ovation? Girls out thr been virgins all their lives! Smh

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tiwa Savage: I Once Abstained From Sex For Three Years by Blizzy9ja: 3:33pm On Dec 03, 2015
Wow!... She just trying to be re-virginated. Don't ask me where I got that from

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tiwa Savage: I Once Abstained From Sex For Three Years by BrianRoss: 3:34pm On Dec 03, 2015
end time story!

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tiwa Savage: I Once Abstained From Sex For Three Years by Tallesty1(m): 3:37pm On Dec 03, 2015
I don't see why people would like to Bleep you in the first.

A girl who's ugly even in wealth is the queen of worwor.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tiwa Savage: I Once Abstained From Sex For Three Years by ellahzy(f): 3:38pm On Dec 03, 2015
wow Nairaland don remember Tiwa

Chronicles of Tiwa season 2.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tiwa Savage: I Once Abstained From Sex For Three Years by Nobody: 5:57pm On Dec 03, 2015
Tallesty1:
I don't see why people would like to Bleep you in the first.

A girl who's ugly even in wealth is the queen of worwor.

Stick with your local champions then, i bet no girl will want to touch you with the world's longest pole considering how impoverished you are.

Be a man and stop hating on a woman you will kill to see.

103 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tiwa Savage: I Once Abstained From Sex For Three Years by Nobody: 5:58pm On Dec 03, 2015
Nice one Tiwa, ive included that in my new year resolution. sad

4 Likes

Re: Tiwa Savage: I Once Abstained From Sex For Three Years by Tallesty1(m): 6:19pm On Dec 03, 2015
Speechless3:

Stick with your local champions then, i bet no girl will want to touch you with the world's longest pole considering how impoverished you are.

Be a man and stop hating on a woman you will kill to see.
My dear.

You still have a lot of growing ups to do.

And that is why I am not gonna be hard on you this evening.

Tiwa is ugly#fact1 and not many men would love to Bleep her if she wasn't a celeb#fact2 you dig?

I know you're among the many people that worship her but please don't dry hump my temper again.

I might not be nice next time.

If Seeing tiwa will take me to heaven then give me the visa to hell asaply.

93 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tiwa Savage: I Once Abstained From Sex For Three Years by Nobody: 6:26pm On Dec 03, 2015
Tallesty1:
My dear.

You still have a lot of growing ups to do.

And that is why I am not gonna be hard on you this evening.

Tiwa is ugly#fact1 and not many men would love to Bleep her if she wasn't a celeb#fact2 you dig?

I know you're among the many people that worship her but please don't dry hump my temper again.

I might not be nice next time.

If Seeing tiwa will take me to heaven then give me the visa to hell asaply.

Gerarra here.

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tiwa Savage: I Once Abstained From Sex For Three Years by Tallesty1(m): 6:32pm On Dec 03, 2015
Speechless3:

Gerarra here.

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tiwa Savage: I Once Abstained From Sex For Three Years by miqos02(m): 8:33pm On Dec 03, 2015
Re: Tiwa Savage: I Once Abstained From Sex For Three Years by lasisi69(f): 8:43pm On Dec 03, 2015
End time lies... Who do we ask

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tiwa Savage: I Once Abstained From Sex For Three Years by bunmioguns(m): 8:44pm On Dec 03, 2015
undecided

1 Like

Re: Tiwa Savage: I Once Abstained From Sex For Three Years by Sijo01(f): 8:44pm On Dec 03, 2015
No big deal

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Tiwa Savage: I Once Abstained From Sex For Three Years by soleexx(m): 8:44pm On Dec 03, 2015
Eh en

But who dey burst her speaker b4 b4? undecided
Re: Tiwa Savage: I Once Abstained From Sex For Three Years by adonbilivit: 8:44pm On Dec 03, 2015
drop a new hit record and stop selling sex stories to us joor.

4 Likes

Re: Tiwa Savage: I Once Abstained From Sex For Three Years by Nobody: 8:44pm On Dec 03, 2015
I find it incomprehensible that God,in all his awesomeness, is hurt when i have sex with my girlfriend. I think God is too mighty and too busy to be concerned about what two tiny people do behind closed doors-so long as violence isn't involved. I think sex is over-rated.

Sorry, i have a bizarre imagination.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tiwa Savage: I Once Abstained From Sex For Three Years by Nobody: 8:45pm On Dec 03, 2015
lasisi69:
Y
end time comment

4 Likes

Re: Tiwa Savage: I Once Abstained From Sex For Three Years by ikechukwu354(m): 8:45pm On Dec 03, 2015
me wey don observe abstinence since 199* what should I dhu
Re: Tiwa Savage: I Once Abstained From Sex For Three Years by saasala(m): 8:45pm On Dec 03, 2015
Yimu
Re: Tiwa Savage: I Once Abstained From Sex For Three Years by Godsonkemz(m): 8:45pm On Dec 03, 2015
That sounds so funny of the Doro crooner

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tiwa Savage: I Once Abstained From Sex For Three Years by gist4kidsblog: 8:45pm On Dec 03, 2015
grin grin grin grin

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tiwa Savage: I Once Abstained From Sex For Three Years by Nobody: 8:45pm On Dec 03, 2015
Is Tiwa Savage born again? Just asking.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tiwa Savage: I Once Abstained From Sex For Three Years by tomdon(m): 8:45pm On Dec 03, 2015
tiwa, you became born again in 2002 when you were 22 years. you were fvcking before then, and you resumed fvcking three years later, ie 25 years, and you were fvcking till you married at was it 33 years.
what's so special, I think you fvcked more than the unbeliever sef

91 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tiwa Savage: I Once Abstained From Sex For Three Years by saasala(m): 8:45pm On Dec 03, 2015
holamiday:
Fg

Federal Government?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tiwa Savage: I Once Abstained From Sex For Three Years by ochoa(m): 8:45pm On Dec 03, 2015
Aunty Lie''de.... Really??

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tiwa Savage: I Once Abstained From Sex For Three Years by codereloader: 8:46pm On Dec 03, 2015
Y kum bck
Re: Tiwa Savage: I Once Abstained From Sex For Three Years by Nobody: 8:46pm On Dec 03, 2015
Some peepz go come form Holier that thou for this thread !
Re: Tiwa Savage: I Once Abstained From Sex For Three Years by teepsee(f): 8:46pm On Dec 03, 2015
as if we cared, did that make her grow big or add to her account?

2 Likes

Re: Tiwa Savage: I Once Abstained From Sex For Three Years by PLANETMARS(m): 8:46pm On Dec 03, 2015
So madam tiwa now wey u don dey gonk left right and center who kon dey with ur life? Abasa juju I guess

1 Like

Re: Tiwa Savage: I Once Abstained From Sex For Three Years by looseweight: 8:46pm On Dec 03, 2015
Your head dey there Moor Tiwa

IAMLOOSEWEIGHT

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Aladi Godgifts Ameh's Burial: Ada Ameh Arrives In Abuja For Daughter’s Burial / Funke Akindele Gets 40th Birthday Surprise From Her Husband And Crew Members / Rihanna uses a photo CMS Lagos for her first ever Fenty campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.