Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,522 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

Hijab: Why Do Muslim Women Hide Faces From Men? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Hijab: Why Do Muslim Women Hide Faces From Men? (1704 Views)

Muslim Women Dancing To "One Corner". Video Goes Viral / Why Do Muslim Ladies Hate Polygamy? / Why Do Muslim Females Make Very Beautiful Hairstlyles To Eventually Cover It Up? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hijab: Why Do Muslim Women Hide Faces From Men? by truthman2012(m): 7:02pm On Dec 03, 2015
Why do muslim women cover their faces from head to toe?

If it is to prevent men from getting attracted to them, how were they comfort of Muhammad's eyes? It shows that despite the covering, they were still attracted to him. It means the covering didn't curb Muhammad's lust and by extension, all muslims' lust against them. Then, why the covering?

The Prophet [ Sallallahu wa
alaihi wassalam] said :"Three
things from your world have
been made beloved to me:
Women, perfume, and prayer
THE COMFORT OF MY EYES'' [Source: Ahamd Ibn Hanbal,
3:128 ]

Covering or no covering, allahh said a muslim must commit a number of adultery he has fixed for him:

Abu Aahuraira reported Allah's
Apostle (may peace be upon
him) as saying: Verily Allah HAS FIXED THE VERY PORTION OF ADULTERY, which a
man will indulge in and which he
OF NECESSITY MUST COMMIT. The
adultery
of the eye is the lustful look and
the adultery of the tongue is the
licentious speech, the heart
desire
and yearns, which the parts may
or may not put into effect (Sahih
Muslim, Book 033, Number 6421
& 6422)

Do muslim women need to hide their faces from their men?
Re: Hijab: Why Do Muslim Women Hide Faces From Men? by beeblah(m): 7:22pm On Dec 03, 2015
may Allah forgive whosoever deserves forgiveness!
what a misleading thread!!

2 Likes

Re: Hijab: Why Do Muslim Women Hide Faces From Men? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Dec 03, 2015
What weed u high on op?

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Why Do Muslim Women Hide Faces From Men? by truthman2012(m): 7:32pm On Dec 03, 2015
enieme:
What weed u high on op?
Lol !
Refute the OP na !
Re: Hijab: Why Do Muslim Women Hide Faces From Men? by Annunaki(m): 7:32pm On Dec 03, 2015
beeblah:
may Allah forgive whosoever deserves forgiveness!

what a misleading thread!!

Kindly explain the verses quoted then so that we are not misled.
Re: Hijab: Why Do Muslim Women Hide Faces From Men? by Godfullsam(m): 8:12pm On Dec 03, 2015
Muslim women over to you
Re: Hijab: Why Do Muslim Women Hide Faces From Men? by truthman2012(m): 8:34pm On Dec 03, 2015
Sahih Bukhari also confirm the above hadith:

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:
I did not see anything so
resembling minor sins as
what Abu Huraira said
from the Prophet, who
said, " Allah has written
for the son of Adam his
INEVITABLE SHARE OF ADULTERY WHETHER HE IS AWARE OF IT OR NOT: The
adultery of the eye is the
looking (at something
which is sinful to look
at) , and the adultery of the
tongue is to utter (what it
is unlawful to utter), and
the innerself wishes and
longs for (adultery) and
the private parts turn
that into reality or refrain
from submitting to the
temptation." (Sahih Al-
Bukhari, Volume 8, Book
77, Number 609)
Re: Hijab: Why Do Muslim Women Hide Faces From Men? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Dec 03, 2015
Its more of a ritual than anything else. Its like asking why we lift our hands when we sing worship songs.
Raising our antenna's closer to heaven?
Re: Hijab: Why Do Muslim Women Hide Faces From Men? by truthman2012(m): 9:24am On Dec 04, 2015
Many questions muslims cannot answer on islam. It shows they are in islam due to ignorance. Come out of among them and be ye separate saith the Lord (2 Cor. 6:17).

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Why Do Muslim Women Hide Faces From Men? by stonemasonn: 10:17am On Dec 04, 2015
It's a culture of people that live in dusty desert areas around north Africa, Arabia, Persia, Mesopotamia, Indus valley etc. Wearing of long robes, turbans, and scarf was to protect the body, hair and face against dust and other extreme weather conditions. Over the centuries as total covering became a way of life for these people it had a psychological effect on their mind (mostly the sexually active men). Not been able to see the full voluptuous body of any fully grown woman (except that of spouses) led to heightened sexual. Fantasies and imaginations which led further to uncontrollable sexual temptation. Compare to areas where people considered as primitive walk about unclad (especially ancient inland Africa). The body of a woman is not a very big deal and hence such deep fantasies and temptations are unnecessary.
Re: Hijab: Why Do Muslim Women Hide Faces From Men? by bashbabe2: 10:47am On Dec 04, 2015
truthman2012:
Many questions muslims cannot answer on islam. It shows they are in islam due to ignorance. Come out of among them and be ye separate saith the Lord (2 Cor. 6:17).

Because silence is the best answer for a fool like you. There you go, you got your answer.

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Why Do Muslim Women Hide Faces From Men? by truthman2012(m): 11:50am On Dec 04, 2015
bashbabe2:

Because silence is the best answer for a fool like you. There you go, you got your answer.

Lady terrorist !

Are you really silent by saying that?

Am I the fool or Sahih Muslim and Sahih Bukhari that I quoted?

Is your abuse the refutation of the OP?

Are you actually proving right what Muhammad said that muslim women are less intelligent?

When are muslims going to be delivered from islamic falsehood?

Why did you people believe Muhammad, a man that is worse that most of you muslims in character and integrity? Why did you turn blind eyes to his many wicked and sinful acts?

Why do muslim women love allahh's punishing them by making them to live in obscurity inside black garment?

May God deliver you all in Jesus name.

2 Likes

Re: Hijab: Why Do Muslim Women Hide Faces From Men? by proo212(m): 12:12pm On Dec 04, 2015
Why do muslim women veil themselves? It wasnt even Allah or Mohammed's idea. It was Umar bin Al-Khattab's idea amongst other things and Allah and Mohammed agreed with him.

Sahih al-Bukhari Book 8 Hadith 395
Narrated 'Umar (bin Al-Khattab):

My Lord agreed with me in three things:
1. I said,"O Allah's Apostle, I wish we took the station of Abraham as our praying place (for some of our prayers). So came the Divine Inspiration: And take you (people) the station of Abraham as a place of prayer (for some of your prayers e.g. two Rakat of Tawaf of Ka'ba)". (2.125)
2. And as regards the (verse of) the veiling of the women, I said, 'O Allah's Apostle! I wish you ordered your wives to cover themselves from the men because good and bad ones talk to them.' So the verse of the veiling of the women was revealed.
3. Once the wives of the Prophet made a united front against the Prophet and I said to them, 'It may be if he (the Prophet) divorced you, (all) that his Lord (Allah) will give him instead of you wives better than you.' So this verse (the same as I had said) was revealed." (66.5).

The funny thing is that, we've hashed all these topics before and the same questions continue to be asked and muslims cannot give answers.

If Allah can agree to Umar's suggestion (according to this hadith on 3 different occasions), it looks to me he's not all knowing and wise

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Why Do Muslim Women Hide Faces From Men? by truthman2012(m): 12:32pm On Dec 04, 2015
proo212:
Why do muslim women veil themselves? It wasnt even Allah or Mohammed's idea. It was Umar bin Al-Khattab's idea amongst other things and Allah and Mohammed agreed with him.

The funny thing is that, we've hashed all these topics before and the same questions continue to be asked and muslims cannot give answers.

If Allah can agree to Umar's suggestion (according to this hadith on 3 different occasions), it looks to me he's not all knowing and wise

Bro., did you notice a clause of the hadith you cited?

It says and I quote ''And as regards the (verse of) the veiling of the women, I said, 'O Allah's Apostle! I wish you ordered your wives to COVER THEMSELVES FROM THE MEN because good and bad ones talk to them.' So the verse of the veiling of the women was revealed.

The veiling was to prevent the men from talking to Muhammad's wives, which was approved by allahh.

Muslims looked for a strategy to protect their women from other men, yet it is failing as Muhammad said no muslims could avoid the lust of the eyes as stated in the earlier hadiths I cited. They still have lust for them in spite of the veil. What need is there for the veil?
Re: Hijab: Why Do Muslim Women Hide Faces From Men? by mosjames: 2:11pm On Dec 04, 2015
I only know about covering their hair
I do not know about covering of face tongue
Re: Hijab: Why Do Muslim Women Hide Faces From Men? by truthman2012(m): 2:36pm On Dec 04, 2015
mosjames:
I only know about covering their hair
I do not know about covering of face tongue

So you haven't seen muslim women wearing black garment like a masqurade?

Some of the them leave space for only the eyeballs and some total covering from head to toe.

What is the meaning of veil ?
Re: Hijab: Why Do Muslim Women Hide Faces From Men? by mosjames: 6:23pm On Dec 04, 2015
truthman2012:

So you haven't seen muslim women wearing black garment like a masqurade?

Some of the them leave space for only the eyeballs and some total covering from head to toe.

What is the meaning of veil ?
I don't know if its the Quran that they should cover their faces
Re: Hijab: Why Do Muslim Women Hide Faces From Men? by bashbabe2: 8:48am On Dec 05, 2015
truthman2012:

Lady terrorist !

Are you really silent by saying that?

Am I the fool or Sahih Muslim and Sahih Bukhari that I quoted?

Is your abuse the refutation of the OP?

Are you actually proving right what Muhammad said that muslim women are less intelligent?

When are muslims going to be delivered from islamic falsehood?

Why did you people believe Muhammad, a man that is worse that most of you muslims in character and integrity? Why did you turn blind eyes to his many wicked and sinful acts?

Why do muslim women love allahh's punishing them by making them to live in obscurity inside black garment?

May God deliver you all in Jesus name.

Desperado, i can see how pained you are. You are always going to be in distress until you keep shut on things you don't know nothing about and you are obviously not nterested in knowing. You are rather interested in blasphemy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hijab: Why Do Muslim Women Hide Faces From Men? by truthman2012(m): 10:20am On Dec 05, 2015
bashbabe2:

Desperado, i can see how pained you are. You are always going to be in distress until you keep shut on things you don't know nothing about and you are obviously not nterested in knowing. You are rather interested in blasphemy

Lol !

My intention is not to discredit islam but to bring out its falsehood so that muslims' eyes might be opened.

What do you expect me or readers to know as you could not explain anything to debunk my claims?
Re: Hijab: Why Do Muslim Women Hide Faces From Men? by pesty100(m): 10:35am On Dec 05, 2015
Muslims like CFNM
Re: Hijab: Why Do Muslim Women Hide Faces From Men? by truthman2012(m): 11:27am On Dec 05, 2015
pesty100:
Muslims like CFNM
Pls come again, what is CFNM?
Re: Hijab: Why Do Muslim Women Hide Faces From Men? by pesty100(m): 11:59am On Dec 05, 2015
truthman2012:

clothed female na.ked male
Re: Hijab: Why Do Muslim Women Hide Faces From Men? by pesty100(m): 11:59am On Dec 05, 2015
truthman2012:

clothed female na.ked male
Re: Hijab: Why Do Muslim Women Hide Faces From Men? by vedaxcool(m): 1:00pm On Dec 05, 2015
Muslim women dress closely to the way Mary mother of Jesus dresss when she walked. This is lacking in the so called dicieveples of Christ.
Re: Hijab: Why Do Muslim Women Hide Faces From Men? by truthman2012(m): 1:26pm On Dec 05, 2015
vedaxcool:
Muslim women dress closely to the way Mary mother of Jesus dresss when she walked. This is lacking in the so called dicieveples of Christ.

Lie !

Why must you lie?

Mary never wore black masquirade cloth or left space for only the eyeballs.

Couldn't you see why muslims do it in above hadith? It is to hide their faces from men and it started only at the time of Muhammad. Mary had lived and died long before Muhammad.
Re: Hijab: Why Do Muslim Women Hide Faces From Men? by reallest(f): 4:07pm On Dec 05, 2015
Islam is one of if not the most barbaric religion ever exist, I don't know why any sane man will believe dat poo
Re: Hijab: Why Do Muslim Women Hide Faces From Men? by talkingtruth: 11:11am On Jan 15, 2016
reallest:
Islam is one of if not the most barbaric religion ever exist, I don't know why any sane man will believe dat poo
Re: Hijab: Why Do Muslim Women Hide Faces From Men? by Slikbae: 1:02pm On Jan 15, 2016
Its very simple, the demon that inspired their covering doesn't like showing his face. That's why the Muslim women don't Al's show their faces.
truthman2012:

Lol !

My intention is not to discredit islam but to bring out its falsehood so that muslims' eyes might be opened.

What do you expect me or readers to know as you could not explain anything to debunk my claims?
Re: Hijab: Why Do Muslim Women Hide Faces From Men? by analice107: 10:17pm On Jan 15, 2016
bashbabe2:

Pls deliver us from this awful foolishness by properly explaining those verses really mean. Thanks in advance.
Re: Hijab: Why Do Muslim Women Hide Faces From Men? by analice107: 10:25pm On Jan 15, 2016
vedaxcool:
You may want to post the picture of that Mary mother of Jesus dressed like Muslim women. Okay, why are Jewish women not dressing that way now?
Liars have their part in the lake of fire.
Re: Hijab: Why Do Muslim Women Hide Faces From Men? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jan 15, 2016
[color=#770077][/color]
You all seem to be confused on what the hijab actually is. The hijab only covers the hair and neck. The niqab is the one that covers face too.

In those times, the only way a woman could be considered modest was to cover her hair, and possibly face too, it was a cultural thing. Obviously, things have changed now and women can still look very modest even with their hair visible.

In my opinion, both are a cultural garments that have creeped into religion.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Imam Ali 'named' His Sons Abu Bakar, Umar, Uthman? Wed His Daughter To Umar? / Adultery Is A Very Serious Sin In Islam / We (muslims) Worship Allah(swt) Not The black Stone In Ka'aba.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.