Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,532 members, 7,770,377 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:06 AM

Tips To Help YOU Stay Healthy This Harmattan Season - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Tips To Help YOU Stay Healthy This Harmattan Season (34387 Views)

Simple Ways To Stay Healthy While You Enjoy The Holidays / 5 Incurable STDS & How To Stay Healthy If You Have One / 20 Things You Must Do This Harmattan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tips To Help YOU Stay Healthy This Harmattan Season by Caspian22(m): 8:52pm On Dec 03, 2015
So its here.. that dry, dusty, cold wind that can transform you from a young dude to an elder so perfectly. (I mean just admit, it's like God's own make-up artist for you). Well Harmattans is actually a dusty wind that comes from Sahara. It is usually characterised by cold dry weather in the early hours of the morning and sometimes in the evening. Our body is affected by this weather. Now, What effects could the harmattan have on your health? How can you stay healthy this harmattan?.

EFFECTS
The Harmattan could affect your skin and your respiratory system mainly, well that depends on if you expose yourself to it. Now let's go.
First, your skin.. It will be dry. Your lips and soles of your feet will get cracked up. Harmattan will also break your hair. Then your respiratory system could get affected too. This is because they are lots of air pollutants flowing around that dusty air and they could get inhaled.
Harmattan also causes itchiness of the eye, diarrhea due to food being contaminated and meningitis.

TIPS TO STAY HEALTHY
Finally here is the real stuff. Now If you want to get through this weather looking healthy, happy and smart, you will need to apply this tips am about to give you.;-)

1. Take a hot bath and a hot breakfast every morning. You see If you want to work that day a hot bath will invigorate you and keep you warm on the inside. You will feel more stronger and active too.

2. Drink plenty of water. This will help you prevent dehydration which is very common.

3. Vaseline and all other oily creams should always be close by. Apply all over your body. Also the lips too. you could use lip gloss over on the lips too.

4. Wash your eyes regularly and wear warm cloths.

5. If you are asthmatic or a sickler this period could be difficult for you, always carry your inhaler and take extra measures to protect yourself.

6. Cuddle more often. Wait this is for those that have 'boos' and 'bae'. The rest you could just use your pillows or get a giant Teddy bear.

So I end here and I hope you all enjoy this wonderful harmattan ,follow my tips and stay HEALTHY!!! Thank you very much.

cc : Dominique
Sissy3
lalasticlala

48 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tips To Help YOU Stay Healthy This Harmattan Season by ghostdvirus(m): 9:54pm On Dec 03, 2015
Good one

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tips To Help YOU Stay Healthy This Harmattan Season by Omotayor123(f): 9:54pm On Dec 03, 2015
Lol at the last point cheesy For me na Vaseline sure pass grin

Today's cold sef get as he be.. Aminat508 come ooo..

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tips To Help YOU Stay Healthy This Harmattan Season by chymystique(f): 9:54pm On Dec 03, 2015
I like the Cuddling part.. Will need to get plenty of it this Harmattan oo smiley

6 Likes

Re: Tips To Help YOU Stay Healthy This Harmattan Season by gist4kidsblog: 9:55pm On Dec 03, 2015
grin grin

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tips To Help YOU Stay Healthy This Harmattan Season by tobiyayo: 9:55pm On Dec 03, 2015
Be clothed and use a moisturising cream & lip balm...That's all
Re: Tips To Help YOU Stay Healthy This Harmattan Season by sukkot: 9:55pm On Dec 03, 2015
cool
Re: Tips To Help YOU Stay Healthy This Harmattan Season by Nobody: 9:55pm On Dec 03, 2015
Good
Re: Tips To Help YOU Stay Healthy This Harmattan Season by Sijo01(f): 9:55pm On Dec 03, 2015
Forget hot bath. Cold bath does the magic.
Welcome, harmattan! My best weather cheesy

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tips To Help YOU Stay Healthy This Harmattan Season by TopeQs: 9:56pm On Dec 03, 2015
THE REAL TIP;-

JUST BUY VASELINE AND FORGET ALL THIS BODY LOTION YOU'RE USING...........

1 Like

Re: Tips To Help YOU Stay Healthy This Harmattan Season by Nobody: 9:56pm On Dec 03, 2015
Please who is lalastica

3 Likes

Re: Tips To Help YOU Stay Healthy This Harmattan Season by RealAdewole(m): 9:56pm On Dec 03, 2015
And remember to bath with 1degree celcius water every moning
Re: Tips To Help YOU Stay Healthy This Harmattan Season by Nobody: 9:57pm On Dec 03, 2015
Hmmm..'giant teddy bear' for biothermogenesis grin

Make I go look for Caro for 'horizontal refreshments' jare tongue
Re: Tips To Help YOU Stay Healthy This Harmattan Season by kamatofeelz(m): 9:57pm On Dec 03, 2015
Y is dis world so unfair to we dat doesn't have boo and bae embarassedY
#LALASTICLALA TAKE NOTE

4 Likes

Re: Tips To Help YOU Stay Healthy This Harmattan Season by saint047(m): 9:57pm On Dec 03, 2015
When someone makes you the happiest person and the saddest person at the same time, thats when its real. Thats when its worth something.
Re: Tips To Help YOU Stay Healthy This Harmattan Season by Cmoyor: 9:58pm On Dec 03, 2015
Lol
Re: Tips To Help YOU Stay Healthy This Harmattan Season by Innodon(m): 9:59pm On Dec 03, 2015
Okay
Re: Tips To Help YOU Stay Healthy This Harmattan Season by PHATE007(f): 9:59pm On Dec 03, 2015
Hmmmm... All I can see is number 6 *shines teeth*

I kukuma like cuddling b4..... Dis is God answering my prayers through harmattan.... #how God works in mysterious ways..*shines teeth*

2 Likes

Re: Tips To Help YOU Stay Healthy This Harmattan Season by ILOVETOFUCK(f): 9:59pm On Dec 03, 2015
Lol...... I love the cuddling part. My favorite position but it always leads to s*ex, oppss.... that's the reason I love it.
Re: Tips To Help YOU Stay Healthy This Harmattan Season by Pabodan: 9:59pm On Dec 03, 2015
fhunmi:
Please who is lalastica

Is it the name of a person ..., place or thing?

3 Likes

Re: Tips To Help YOU Stay Healthy This Harmattan Season by kunlexy1759(m): 10:00pm On Dec 03, 2015
Noted. Thanks for the tip
Re: Tips To Help YOU Stay Healthy This Harmattan Season by Software202(m): 10:01pm On Dec 03, 2015
gud.
Re: Tips To Help YOU Stay Healthy This Harmattan Season by Nobody: 10:01pm On Dec 03, 2015
I like this article but somehow it falls short. Many more tips are needed to bulk the writeup.
Re: Tips To Help YOU Stay Healthy This Harmattan Season by Naff24(f): 10:01pm On Dec 03, 2015
Nice one op, but dis pillow and giant teddy option na something ooo!
Chai, belle go plenty dis period enh grin

1 Like

Re: Tips To Help YOU Stay Healthy This Harmattan Season by enochraf(m): 10:01pm On Dec 03, 2015
season of lip gloss..... chai....to bath go dey hard dis days o
Re: Tips To Help YOU Stay Healthy This Harmattan Season by fabulousbrainzz(m): 10:03pm On Dec 03, 2015
Wifey oya o...cuddling tyns
Re: Tips To Help YOU Stay Healthy This Harmattan Season by oba2flex(m): 10:04pm On Dec 03, 2015
Omotayor123:
Lol at the last point cheesy For me na Vaseline sure pass grin

Today's cold sef get as he be.. Aminat508 come ooo..
What if i insist u explain why you are calling on Aminat508 undecided

2 Likes

Re: Tips To Help YOU Stay Healthy This Harmattan Season by Emilord(m): 10:06pm On Dec 03, 2015
Fucck very often...dosage: 2times per day

2 Likes

Re: Tips To Help YOU Stay Healthy This Harmattan Season by cruzita(f): 10:07pm On Dec 03, 2015
I hear u but I'm still single and searching,no boo to cuddle.*crying and sleeping*

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ebola Virus Scare In Calabar / Infection Wants To Kill Me Help! / Killer Fruit Juice: 10 Dead, 400 Hospitalised In Kano, States Warn Residents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.