Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,829 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

10 Funny Quotes From Professor Wole Soyinka - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Funny Quotes From Professor Wole Soyinka (1140 Views)

Evander Holyfield Fights Bola Tinubu In Lagos, Wole Soyinka Is Referee-pm NEWS / An Open Letter To Buhari From Professor Andrew Efimini / Zaria Massacre A Letter To Jusice Mohammed L. Garba From Professor Dahiru Yahaya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10 Funny Quotes From Professor Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 9:56pm On Dec 03, 2015
You can't but like this man. An accomplished writer and first black and first African Nobel prize winner in Literature, Professor Wole Soyinka is a very likable and humorous man.

Below are ten funny quotes from him:

1. We must learn to accept that not all who walk on two legs belong to the community of humans – I view Boko Haram in that light.

2. I’m against liquor, completely against liquor. Wine is not liquor, a good brandy is not liquor, single malt whiskey is not liquor, palm wine is not liquor. All the rest is liquor.

3. The hand that dips into the bottom of the pot will eat the biggest snail.

4. Nigeria is in war and only competence can solve the problem, not prayers.

5. Bluff is no substitute for bullets.

6. Seven is the magic figure, because that’s a symbolic figure of my favourite deity, Ogun.

7. I mistrust gods who become so separated from humanity that enormous crimes can be committed in their names. I prefer gods who can be brought down to earth and judged, if you like.

8. Writing in certain environments carries with it an occupational risk.

9. I am convinced that Nigeria would have been a more highly developed country without the oil. I wished we’d never smelled the fumes of petroleum.

10. I don’t have the sort of temperament that submits to Christianity or Islam.

1 Like

Re: 10 Funny Quotes From Professor Wole Soyinka by bronzegoddess(f): 10:18pm On Dec 03, 2015
Wole....wole.

1 Like

Re: 10 Funny Quotes From Professor Wole Soyinka by DICE234(m): 3:04am On Dec 04, 2015
the wise one!!!

meanwhile

Do you have a skill or do you run a service and yet not making much money out of it? Chances are that many people don't know you have this skill or offer such services and yet someone in your area might be in desperate need of your services... are you a makeup artist, event manager, Dj, Piano tutor, Model, Rented Usher, Bass guitar tutor, graphics designer, web developer, actor/actress, Lesson teacher, french Lesson tutor, programmer, etc... register your services/skill at (check my signature) and be surprised how many people require your services out there but don't know you offer them. Sabiboy.com... someone, somewhere needs your services.

(1) (Reply)

The Man Tai Solarin / Pic: Seun Kuti Leaks Alleged Secret Document Of Adams Oshiomhole On Twitter / Genevieve Gets Marriage Proposal On Red Carpet (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.