Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,821 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

How My Friend Stole My Business Plan - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How My Friend Stole My Business Plan (1722 Views)

Innoson Vs GTB: How GTB Stole Over N700 Million From Innoson’s Account - APC New / This Is Incredible!!! It Is Working For My Business / Diamond Bank Stole My #7,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How My Friend Stole My Business Plan by Sashafm(f): 11:02pm On Dec 03, 2015
I have always been a person that really trust people and very open in all my dealings. I have known my friend Ade (pseudo name), for quite some time now, but we became very close during our service year. We both have dreams of becoming entrepreneurs and owning our businesses someday. We discussed business ideas together and became partners in business .

In one of my deep thoughts I stumbled on an idea that if well planed and developed could turn us into the next big thing.I shared my idea with my friend and we suggested ways in which to put my idea into reality.

We got another intellectually savvy colleague of ours into our plan and we drew out a well marked business concept. The agreement was to contribute equally to kick start the idea and along the way we get investors to invest in the business.
Unknowing to me my friend had another idea entirely, He got together with his siblings and floated our plans on his own.I got to know about it when I visited the website angry angry, everything was based on the template we formed together.

I felt really disappointed sad sad but above all sorry for the kind of person he has allowed himself to become.
Re: How My Friend Stole My Business Plan by Nobody: 1:01am On Dec 04, 2015
Dust your shoulder and still engage in the business.
Now he's already set up shop you're his new rival. The good thing about coming up with an idea is that only you know how to navigate through future obstacles as well as persevere through unforeseen crises.

Watch how he'd close shop soon once a challenge he's not planned yet hits him hard. You wouldn't regret taking my advice.

3 Likes

Re: How My Friend Stole My Business Plan by kolokolobi(m): 2:36am On Dec 04, 2015
If the market that the business seeks to enter is big enough give him a run for the money but with a twist. Look for the blind side of the business... A segment you could explore. Or further re-emerge with a blue ocean strategy to turn that same market on its head. IT IS POSSIBLE.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Friend Stole My Business Plan by Nobody: 11:56pm On Dec 05, 2015
Well i would just say its an eye opener for you,u get to see its not everyone u cn trust, cos sometimes ivn ur closest friends are d worst. About your business plan,dont give up still if someone stole it,yours could still be better if you modify or come up with something farther creative. Innovation and ideas wont end,so keep thinking, brainstorming, something wud pop up that wud far out weigh and outstrip whatever ideas u tot u lost.
Re: How My Friend Stole My Business Plan by Sashafm(f): 10:11am On Dec 06, 2015
danieloy4:
Well i would just say its an eye opener for you,u get to see its not everyone u cn trust, cos sometimes ivn ur closest friends are d worst. About your business plan,dont give up still if someone stole it,yours could still be better if you modify or come up with something farther creative. Innovation and ideas wont end,so keep thinking, brainstorming, something wud pop up that wud far out weigh and outstrip whatever ideas u tot u lost.
Thanks alot. considering do exactly so. I want to give him a run for his setup soon. Mine will however be far far better planed.
Re: How My Friend Stole My Business Plan by STAMPandSEAL: 10:52am On Dec 06, 2015
eyaa! never be discouraged, keep moving cuz life goes on!
Re: How My Friend Stole My Business Plan by godello: 10:57am On Dec 06, 2015
Op sorry for that u just have to move ahead, leave friends go for business partner, I might like to be an investor if u don't mind. Watsapp me on 0-8-0-6-8-6-1-4-7-7-3
Re: How My Friend Stole My Business Plan by bedfordng(m): 11:47am On Dec 06, 2015
Sashafm:

Thanks alot. considering do exactly so. I want to give him a run for his setup soon. Mine will however be far far better planed.
that is the spirit but do it in the right manner, not being dubious
Re: How My Friend Stole My Business Plan by grownaira: 11:56am On Dec 06, 2015
A wise man they say is he that learns from experience; the wisest of men is said to be he that learns from people's experience.[color=#006600][/color]

He/she have already started the business, giving you an opportunity to study and get what they aren't doing right. Do this and go by charix advice plus pray hard. the sky will certainly be a starting point of your limits.

Wishing you all the best in your quests.

1 Like

Re: How My Friend Stole My Business Plan by sdavirus: 7:11am On Dec 08, 2015
The truth is, originals never run out of ideas... A fake Los blancos jersey can never outlast the original. You can still churn out same business, and still excel... Don't let it hold you down.

Happened to me in uni... People come around, talking, and then you talk a bit. A close friend did that, made over a million in a few months.. It hurt, but I know there was more where that came from.

I'm not doing to badly, can take care of a family, and I've only implemented my "baby" plans.

So suit up and get ready to go to war.
Re: How My Friend Stole My Business Plan by Ademat7(m): 9:06am On Dec 08, 2015
@sashafm are u into IT? I could remember ur post about your job search in Abuja. lol
Re: How My Friend Stole My Business Plan by edogho(m): 12:36pm On Dec 08, 2015
Sashafm, I recommend you don't try to do anything to bring anyone down even your obvious enemy, except suffocating them with your success. I feel your pain and I'm shocked as to why friends can be such wicked. Speaking 4rm experience.

I want you to succeed and let your success be your answer to the "backstabbing son of a gun".

But please, next time, don't forget to sign an NDA with whomever you're sharing your ideas especially when you intend to use that idea cos most people are vultures waiting for free loads to eat from.

Any here who contacts you for investment or partnership, please and please, protect yourself by signing an NDA before letting anyone in until you open shop.

My 2kobo advice and I'll give more advice upon request.
Re: How My Friend Stole My Business Plan by iwatch: 1:36pm On Jan 05, 2016
charix:
Dust your shoulder and still engage in the business.
Now he's already set up shop you're his new rival. The good thing about coming up with an idea is that only you know how to navigate through future obstacles as well as persevere through unforeseen crises.

Watch how he'd close shop soon once a challenge he's not planned yet hits him hard. You wouldn't regret taking my advice.
I can't keep smiling on reading this... Your comment is the best so far.

(1) (Reply)

The Importance Of Alternative Dispute Resolution In Conflict Resolution / Convert Your Gasoline (petrol) Generator To LPG/CNG (gas) / Importing Clothes From Bangladesh,is It Wise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.