Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,238 members, 7,815,321 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

Bode George, Petet Odili Got N100M Each From NSA In Arms Purchase Scam - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bode George, Petet Odili Got N100M Each From NSA In Arms Purchase Scam (787 Views)

Kwankwaso, Amaechi, Others Bought Their Way To APC With N100m Each — Bafarawa / Bode George, Odili Got N100M Each From Dasuki In Arms Purchase Scam - Sahara Rep / Nigeria’s Former NSA In N1.75 Billion Cash-for-arms Fraud-sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Bode George, Petet Odili Got N100M Each From NSA In Arms Purchase Scam by LRNZH(m): 1:52am On Dec 04, 2015
A source at the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has linked former Governor Peter Odili of Rivers State and a once convicted top member of the Peoples Democratic Party, Bode George, with receiving N100 million each from the former National Security Adviser, Colonel Sambo Dasuki (ret.).

The EFCC source told SaharaReporters that the largess to the two PDP officials was diverted from funds meant for the purchase of arms in order to better equip the Nigerian military in its campaign against Islamist terror group, Boko Haram.

Instead, the N200 million paid to the two PDP stalwarts was designed to ensure the re-election of former President Goodluck Jonathan, who lost the presidential election held on March 28th, 2015.

A panel appointed by President Muhammadu Buhari is currently investigating the reported theft of more than $2 billion from the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) in the name of purchasing arms. Mr. Dasuki, who was arrested yesterday, initially claimed he stole no funds, adding that Mr. Jonathan approved all his expenses related to arms deals. However, his position changed after he was confronted with the statement written by his former director of finance, Shuaibu Salisu who had squealed on all those involved in the scam to investigators.

Nigerian law enforcement agents have so far arrested twenty-one persons in relation to the arms purchase scandal. Those under detention or arrest include former senior staff of the office of the National Security Adviser, a former state governor, Attahiru Bafarawa, and the owner of African Independent Television (AIT) network, Raymond Dokpesi. All the arrested suspected are being interrogated in connection with money laundering.

Yesterday, the former NSA, Mr. Dasuki, joined the other suspects at the offices of the EFCC. Agents of the Department of State Services (DSS) handed Mr. Dasuki over to EFCC operatives who have begun questioning him on how he allegedly diverted funds meant for arms purchase into Mr. Jonathan’s re-election campaign.

An EFCC investigator told SaharaReporters that some of the detained suspects were now providing useful information after almost all of them initially exhibited resistance.

AIT proprietor, Mr. Dokpesi, openly admitted that he received funds from the NSA to run publicity for the Jonathan and PDP campaigns. An official of the EFCC told SaharaReporters that it was “unbelievable for the NSA [National Security Adviser] to be the person allocating money for political campaigns.”

Mr. Bafarawa, whose detention was approved by a court order, has stated that he received N4.6 billion from Mr. Dasuki for “spiritual purposes.” Our EFCC source said their agents were still questioning the former governor to explain what was meant by “spiritual purposes.”

Our source revealed that Mr. Odili and Mr. George “may soon be invited to explain why they received N100 million each from funds budgeted for arms purchase.”

Those still in EFCC detention as of last night are as follows: Shuaibu Salisu, Abba MT Usman, Sagir Attahiru, Evegny Kundaev, Aminu Baba Kusa, Salisu Usman Garu, Bashir Yuguda, and Attahiru Bafarawa. Mr. Dokpesi was released last night after meeting bail conditions.

The case of Bode George is instructive, at a thanksgiving service held by him after his release from prison in 2011 in Lagos a Lagosian priest delivering a sermon entitled, ‘A minister and a witness,’ Venerable Tayo Aduloju had this to say according to Punch newspaper: “If you are involved in any shady deal; if you are found anywhere elections are rigged; and partake in any form of manipulation, it means you have not learnt anything from your experience. Real power belongs to God. It does not belong to PDP. It does not belong to any president.

“As from today, you are expected to represent Christ. You are an ambassador of Christ. Never again will the name of God be soiled through you.”

Mr. Aduloju also charged politicians to shun thuggery, rigging, and avarice so as to return the country on the path of decency.

He said, “Shun thuggery. Shun violence. Shun greed. Shun rigging and whatever that can cause trouble.”

Mr. George later denounced this priest at a press conference.

http://saharareporters.com/2015/12/03/bode-george-former-governor-odili-got-n100m-each-national-security-adviser-arms-purchase
Re: Bode George, Petet Odili Got N100M Each From NSA In Arms Purchase Scam by LRNZH(m): 1:59am On Dec 04, 2015
Nigerians, abeg see gobe...

Una money was shared in Abuja l while blood is being shared in Brono....
Re: Bode George, Petet Odili Got N100M Each From NSA In Arms Purchase Scam by HungerBAD: 2:06am On Dec 04, 2015
This is very upsetting.

This is unbelievably upsetting.

4 Billion Naira for Spiritual Consultation?am i the only one reading this?4 Billion OHHHHHHHH. Even if they gather all the Herbalists in Africa, and pay each 20 Million Naira each, there will still be enough to be saved.

Did not know Bafarawa is a Spiritualist(Jazzman), and upon all this, Jonathan still lost shamefully. I guess the only surprising name here, is Peter Odili. I could have sworn, he went on invisible mode(my apologies yahoo messenger) never to be found again, after looting Rivers State to the Ground.

But, like the wise ones said. You cannot stop a dog from eating from the ground, even if you put its food, on a plate made from Gold. So Odili still went back to his thieving friends in PDP?we ordinarily people, really do not know what goes on in Abuja.

And to imagine, some people are here , supporting these thieves and bashing on the President is beyond my understanding. To the Barcanista's, firefire, Chukwudi44 and your other Co-Travelers in your blind followership, of these people. How do you guys even sleep at night?what kind of Conscious do you guys have?i mean 4 Billion Naira for Spiritual Consultation?

I am trying to imagine, how much the likes of Pastor Oritsejafor collected, maybe 8 Billion Naira for consultation too. And the other Pastors, trooping in and out of Aso Rocks?3 Billion Each.

Then there are the 419 Spiritualists, that will be arranged by the insiders of Aso Rock, so the money can be split between them and the Fake Spiritualists. Those ones get 2 Billion Naira each.

When Goodluck Jonathan, was accused of spending almost a Trillion for his Election. Some wise people asked, how can you say that?how much is Nigeria's budget?but see? this Billions have all started to add up now.

We have not mentioned the $20 Billion Dollars, that developed legs and walked into the Sahara Desert, in Sanusi's time that has not ven been accounted for till today.

Thieves, that is what PDP is.

Just imagine this rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Bode George, Petet Odili Got N100M Each From NSA In Arms Purchase Scam by jumper524(m): 2:12am On Dec 04, 2015
it feels so good to have a leader now, meanwhile where's ffk and fayose. Una white brokade wearing days are limited
Re: Bode George, Petet Odili Got N100M Each From NSA In Arms Purchase Scam by DICE234(m): 2:14am On Dec 04, 2015
and new names keep coming up every day... very nice!!!

LMAO!!! i shall never go down alone!

meanwhile

Do you have a skill or do you run a service and yet not making much money out of it? Chances are that many people don't know you have this skill or offer such services and yet someone in your area might be in desperate need of your services... are you a makeup artist, event manager, Dj, Piano tutor, Model, Rented Usher, Bass guitar tutor, graphics designer, web developer, actor/actress, Lesson teacher, french Lesson tutor, programmer, etc... register your services/skill at (check my signature) and be surprised how many people require your services out there but don't know you offer them. Sabiboy.com... someone, somewhere needs your services.
Re: Bode George, Petet Odili Got N100M Each From NSA In Arms Purchase Scam by omotayo9177: 2:28am On Dec 04, 2015
Please arrest and prosecute all those involved in this shameful and embarrasing scam. No wonder Bode George was shouting the other day GEJ lost the election because his campaign money did not get into the right hands.. I guess he was disappointed he got "only" 100million naira, bunch of rogues n thieves. ARREST THEM ALL..
Re: Bode George, Petet Odili Got N100M Each From NSA In Arms Purchase Scam by LRNZH(m): 2:43am On Dec 04, 2015
This country was sold to the elite under GEJ and PDP while soldiers were being slaughtered left right and center..
God will judge these thieves after Sai Baba has finished with them.

1 Like

Re: Bode George, Petet Odili Got N100M Each From NSA In Arms Purchase Scam by Technocrat1759(m): 3:09am On Dec 04, 2015
This is what happens in a country where d law only punishes a poor man severly 4 stealing maggi and hand d rich man a little or no sentence 4 looting millions, i don't blame bode gorge because d last time they only gave him a jail term that lasted 4 few months after which he came out an trew a big party and d looting continues. I prescribe death sentence 4 such people.
Re: Bode George, Petet Odili Got N100M Each From NSA In Arms Purchase Scam by LRNZH(m): 4:27am On Dec 04, 2015
Technocrat1759:
This is what happens in a country where d law only punishes a poor man severly 4 stealing maggi and hand d rich man a little or no sentence 4 looting millions, i don't blame bode gorge because d last time they only gave him a jail term that lasted 4 few months after which he came out an trew a big party and d looting continues. I prescribe death sentence 4 such people.

I think these mods are asleep....

You are right if it is stealing now you will hear so much noise and jail term but as na corruption it won't get much attention. Im just quoting some peoples' superhero- GEJ.

The poor will keep suffering...

Where is Lalasticlala?
Re: Bode George, Petet Odili Got N100M Each From NSA In Arms Purchase Scam by likila: 5:09am On Dec 04, 2015
HungerBAD:
This is very upsetting.

This is unbelievably upsetting.

4 Billion Naira for Spiritual Consultation?am i the only one reading this?4 Billion OHHHHHHHH. Even if they gather all the Herbalists in Africa, and pay each 20 Million Naira each, there will still be enough to be saved.

Did not know Bafarawa is a Spiritualist(Jazzman), and upon all this, Jonathan still lost shamefully. I guess the only surprising name here, is Peter Odili. I could have sworn, he went on invisible mode(my apologies yahoo messenger) never to be found again, after looting Rivers State to the Ground.

But, like the wise ones said. You cannot stop a dog from eating from the ground, even if you put its food, on a plate made from Gold. So Odili still went back to his thieving friends in PDP?we ordinarily people, really do not know what goes on in Abuja.

And to imagine, some people are here , supporting these thieves and bashing on the President is beyond my understanding. To the Barcanista's, firefire, Chukwudi44 and your other Co-Travelers in your blind followership, of these people. How do you guys even sleep at night?what kind of Conscious do you guys have?i mean 4 Billion Naira for Spiritual Consultation?

I am trying to imagine, how much the likes of Pastor Oritsejafor collected, maybe 8 Billion Naira for consultation too. And the other Pastors, trooping in and out of Aso Rocks?3 Billion Each.

Then there are the 419 Spiritualists, that will be arranged by the insiders of Aso Rock, so the money can be split between them and the Fake Spiritualists. Those ones get 2 Billion Naira each.

When Goodluck Jonathan, was accused of spending almost a Trillion for his Election. Some wise people asked, how can you say that?how much is Nigeria's budget?but see? this Billions have all started to add up now.

We have not mentioned the $20 Billion Dollars, that developed legs and walked into the Sahara Desert, in Sanusi's time that has not ven been accounted for till today.

Thieves, that is what PDP is.

Just imagine thus rubbish.

so you do not know the power of prayer ni?
what is 4.6 billion?
how much has the Borno war cost nigeria?
imagine if Sakwato Empire start thier own Jihad?
Borno empire war will be small cake.
Just thank your star that Bafawarra prayer avert the Sakwato jihad.
or do you like war and trouble and violence everywhere?
Re: Bode George, Petet Odili Got N100M Each From NSA In Arms Purchase Scam by lalasticlala(m): 5:36am On Dec 04, 2015
LRNZH:

I think these mods are asleep....

You are right if it is stealing now you will hear so much noise and jail term but as na corruption it won't get much attention. Im just quoting some peoples' superhero- GEJ.

The poor will keep suffering...

Where is Lalasticlala?

https://www.nairaland.com/2778517/bode-george-odili-got-n100m

(1)

In Response To OBJ ' S Tweet About Gej Looting Nigeria Out Of The World Map. / Breaking News: Alleged N2.1bn Fraud: Dokpesi Secures N400m Bail. / Photo Of The Day: See Discrimination - Can You Spot The Difference Guys?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.