Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,218 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:26 AM

Meet The First Phone You Can Wash With Soap - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Meet The First Phone You Can Wash With Soap (3027 Views)

Which Was Your First Phone? (Photo) / The type of phone you use is a reflection of who you are. / This May Be The Most Expensive Phone You Will Ever See **pix** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The First Phone You Can Wash With Soap by MRSPEAKER1(m): 8:18am On Dec 04, 2015
Until now, we have come across rugged and durable smartphones with features like water-resistance and shock-proofing. However, a new smartphone named Digno Rafre has now set a new standard of durability. The handset as per its creators – KDDI and Kyocera – is the first in the world that can be washed with soap.

With the feature, users of the Digno Rafre can clean the smartphone with ease. To further aid in cleaning, it is also rated for hot water resistance at 43-degrees Celsius, which is not included in the usual smartphone IP certification ratings. The smartphone is IP58-rated and features a self-healing rear panel, which we have already seen in LG G Flex smartphones.

It is also shockproof (MIL-STD-810G). The display can be operated even with wet hands and is protected by Dragontrail X glass coating. Available in Coral Pink, Cashmere White, and Marin Navy, the Digno Rafre will launch on December 11 in Japan priced at JPY 57,420 (roughly $468usd)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vc6eNqoLeQs

As for the specifications, the Rafre runs on Android 5.1 Lollipop out-of-the-box and features a 5-inch TFT LCD display with HD (720×1280 pixels) resolution. Under-the-hood it packs 2GB RAM as well. The processor details have not been mentioned yet. The smartphone includes a microSD card slot (up to 128GB) for expanding the 16GB inbuilt storage.

Digno Rafre houses a 13-megapixel rear camera with CMOS sensors and is backed by a 3000mAh battery, which is rated to deliver 20 hours of VoLTE talk time. It also supports 4G LTE connectivity, WiMAX plus VoLTE along with Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth v4.1, and USB connectivity. The handset measures 71x141x10.1mm and weighs 155 grams. Full specification list should be out when the handset releases.

http://www.teebernie.com/meet-the-first-phone-you-can-wash-with-soap/

Re: Meet The First Phone You Can Wash With Soap by kinzation(m): 8:19am On Dec 04, 2015
undecidedNa wa o..
Re: Meet The First Phone You Can Wash With Soap by whirlwind7(m): 8:24am On Dec 04, 2015
Except it falls into a mound of shyte, who really needs to wash a cellphone with soap?

If this is it's best selling point, it doesn't hold much attraction for me.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The First Phone You Can Wash With Soap by augster(m): 8:24am On Dec 04, 2015
Very soon you go see; meet the first phone you can use as soap, meet the first phone you can use as brush
Re: Meet The First Phone You Can Wash With Soap by Khd95(m): 9:07am On Dec 04, 2015
Why would i even want to wash my phone with soup,i dy mad
Re: Meet The First Phone You Can Wash With Soap by Nobody: 10:21am On Dec 04, 2015
endtime phone
Re: Meet The First Phone You Can Wash With Soap by Masterclass32: 10:54am On Dec 04, 2015
Which kyn phone be this?
Re: Meet The First Phone You Can Wash With Soap by Xhaka(m): 11:20am On Dec 04, 2015
I refuse to believe
Aint you gonna charge it
Re: Meet The First Phone You Can Wash With Soap by Alfreda001(m): 12:00pm On Dec 04, 2015
nonsense
Re: Meet The First Phone You Can Wash With Soap by Nobody: 1:53pm On Dec 04, 2015
and why would i wash my phone with soap anyway undecided
Re: Meet The First Phone You Can Wash With Soap by Youngpo413: 2:27pm On Dec 04, 2015
Nice
Re: Meet The First Phone You Can Wash With Soap by drizslim(m): 5:02pm On Dec 04, 2015
Who invented this undecided
Re: Meet The First Phone You Can Wash With Soap by Nobody: 5:13pm On Dec 04, 2015
Another pointless gimmick.
Re: Meet The First Phone You Can Wash With Soap by TechsNG: 6:08pm On Dec 04, 2015
whirlwind7:
Except it falls into a mound of shyte, who really needs to wash a cellphone with soap?

If this is it's best selling point, it doesn't hold much attraction for me.

To some others, it actually does grin

1 Like

Re: Meet The First Phone You Can Wash With Soap by dkronicle(m): 6:40pm On Dec 04, 2015
I no want responsibility abeg...
Re: Meet The First Phone You Can Wash With Soap by SPDAZZY(f): 8:48pm On Dec 04, 2015
OK. The other specs are cool too.
Re: Meet The First Phone You Can Wash With Soap by Nobody: 10:20pm On Dec 04, 2015
Xhaka:
I refuse to believe
Aint you gonna charge it

The charging port along with other outlets will have coverings just like the sony xperia z
Re: Meet The First Phone You Can Wash With Soap by ritababe(f): 12:53am On Dec 05, 2015
Xhaka:
I refuse to believe
Aint you gonna charge it

maybe they cover the port so u have to remove it if u want to charge.
Technology at its peak.
Re: Meet The First Phone You Can Wash With Soap by Ademolag(m): 12:54am On Dec 05, 2015
higher everyday we go in techs..read more on http:///1QlakNA
Re: Meet The First Phone You Can Wash With Soap by danthamccoy(m): 4:41am On Dec 05, 2015
That phone looks really ugly.
Re: Meet The First Phone You Can Wash With Soap by Xhaka(m): 11:11am On Dec 07, 2015
ritababe:

maybe they cover the port so u have to remove it if u want to charge.
Technology at its peak.
Just maybe cos i haven't seen it yet

(1) (Reply)

I Need Help Choosing A Good Lenovo Phone / MTN Increases Share N Sell Service Fee / [SOLD] Blue Iphone XR For Sale (139k)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.