Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,363 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

My Experience At God Is Good Transport Company Today(4/12/15) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience At God Is Good Transport Company Today(4/12/15) (5845 Views)

Sleeping God Is Good Motors Driver Crashes Into Parking Truck On BeninLagos Road / The Mercedes Benz Sprinter Introduced By "God Is Good Motors" To Delta Line / I Need Good Transport Company To Take A Trip To Ghana By Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience At God Is Good Transport Company Today(4/12/15) by maduinfo: 9:28am On Dec 04, 2015
I boarded a bus at iyana ipaja terminal of God is Good transport.other passengers and i,were checked in but the load in the car was excess such that the walk way in the bus was blocked and to make matters worse the bus was choking.i made a complaint to the officials i met on ground as regard safety and how unorganized the loading was, they said it was wrong to overload/ put loads on the walk way in the bus but couldn't make change or tell the passengers that own the load to make arrangement for their load.i asked the manager to tell me if it is safe but he couldn't utter a word but was just pleading and telling me that God will protect the bus. I insisted that they should do the right thing but they said i was delaying the bus and that i should come down!, i was shocked that nobody could say anything, intact everybody in a hurry, forgoing safety.since the management could not provide an answer or make a solution available, they called the police to intimidate me. I asked the police if what they saw in that bus was safe but they were mute.The worst of it all was that nobody cared, no one was interested on his/her safety, God is Good is a danger waiting to happen this Xmas, they have gone too bad, safety culture is zero. I have lost hope in so many things in this country...i pray for a Nigeria where justice shall reign. A lady said to me " see what you did to your self", because I tried to challenge the unsafe condition I saw in that vehicle. I pity my generation,..They said let us pray that God will keep us safe, even when they know they are not. Religion has spoilt our brains, we pray in exams even when we know we will not pass, people God is not a magician!!!

5 Likes

Re: My Experience At God Is Good Transport Company Today(4/12/15) by Kingsasian(m): 9:35am On Dec 04, 2015
The benin terminal is much more organised. Op I hope you didn't board the bus. As for me I am not in a hurry when ever I am travelling. I always inspect both the exterior and interior of the vehicles I am to board and the loads as well and if I am not satisfied with the situation I rather wait for hours to board the next because I would rather arrive my destination late and in good shape than to become a victim of avoidable circumstance

3 Likes

Re: My Experience At God Is Good Transport Company Today(4/12/15) by Ginaz(f): 9:44am On Dec 04, 2015
Sorry o.p , that's how wicked some transport company can be.
Re: My Experience At God Is Good Transport Company Today(4/12/15) by menix(m): 9:54am On Dec 04, 2015
Oga u must be travelling for the 1st time to ur village by road..

Yes overloading a bus is bad but I have this queshion, will the commuters leave behind their baggage

Everybody taking the small buses know such buses don't ve compartment for loads so they re either under the chairs or the walk ways.

Luxurious buses re meant for those travelling with loads but with the state of our roads nobody wants to use that medium..

Personally, u re in a hurry too else u would ve used ABC for your comfort.

The only way to stop loading the walkways is to enact a law which prohibits that but the roads have to be fixed so that bigger buses with load compartment can convey those with excess loads nd they don't ve to sleep on the road...

OP, u need to travel 1-2 weeks to Xmas n see what is called Load, u will keep wondering if they re no longer coming back to Lagos..

1 Like

Re: My Experience At God Is Good Transport Company Today(4/12/15) by amacastel: 10:01am On Dec 04, 2015
menix:
Oga u must be travelling for the 1st time to ur village by road..

Yes overloading a bus is bad but I have this queshion, will the commuters leave behind their baggage

Everybody taking the small buses know such buses don't ve compartment for loads so they re either under the chairs or the walk ways.

Luxurious buses re meant for those travelling with loads but with the state of our roads nobody wants to use that medium..

Personally, u re in a hurry too else u would ve used ABC for your comfort.

The only way to stop loading the walkways is to enact a law which prohibits that but the roads have to be fixed so that bigger buses with load compartment can convey those with excess loads nd they don't ve to sleep on the road...

OP, u need to travel 1-2 weeks to Xmas n see what is called Load, u will keep wondering if they re no longer coming back to Lagos..
OGA over load is not for every transport company Libra transport will tell u to buy sit wen u have over load@ op endure cos abt 80% of transport company carry overload. Or next 5ime enter flight or demand for d refund of ur money.
Re: My Experience At God Is Good Transport Company Today(4/12/15) by menix(m): 10:07am On Dec 04, 2015
amacastel:

OGA over load is not for every transport company Libra transport will tell u to buy sit wen u have over load@ op endure cos abt 80% of transport company carry overload. Or next 5ime enter flight or demand for d refund of ur money.

Bro what is ur context of overload

If every travelers in that bus came with 2 luggage each, they will have to pay for extra seat

Note, with 2 luggage each that walkway must be occupied.

Pls visit Libra this december peak period..
Re: My Experience At God Is Good Transport Company Today(4/12/15) by Afam4eva(m): 10:11am On Dec 04, 2015
The is the second negative reviews that I've heard about God is Good Motors. It's ironic because their Iyana Ipaja terminal looks good. You would think that they will apply the same professionalism in their buses. Personal, when travelling by road, its either luxurious buses or nothing for the sake of safety and comfort. I don't mind if I stay 2 days on the road. My safety is paramount.
Re: My Experience At God Is Good Transport Company Today(4/12/15) by VampireeM(f): 10:11am On Dec 04, 2015
Am really suprised.. GIG has this policy if your load is excess, you will ve to buy an extra seat or your money refunded I think... it seems like most of those luggages is for someone who works for the company or the driver who has collected money for himself to waybill it... Cause esp @ their Asaba park, if your luggage is much, those porters wont load it till you buy extra seat... GIG is still one of the best transports in Nigeria even though ve had my bad experiences with them @ that same Iyana-Ipaja terminal.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At God Is Good Transport Company Today(4/12/15) by oake(m): 10:21am On Dec 04, 2015
maduinfo:
A lady said to me " see what you did to your self", because I tried to challenge the unsafe condition I saw in that vehicle. I pity my generation,..They said let us pray that God will keep us safe, even when they know they are not. Religion has spoilt our brains, we pray in exams even when we know we will not pass, people God is not a magician!!!

Chai! May God have mercy on this generation!! Smh
Re: My Experience At God Is Good Transport Company Today(4/12/15) by TheCongo2: 2:15pm On Dec 05, 2015
And they call themselves God IS Good !!!! How laughable. This shows how in this century God's name has been used for commercial purpose
Re: My Experience At God Is Good Transport Company Today(4/12/15) by stunningjudy(f): 3:28pm On Dec 05, 2015
I boarded the same God is Good bus from Awka to abuja sometime in October. The driver drove us all d way to asaba and rudely said he wants to fix his brake pads. We got no apology and we were delayed for an hour. The driver kept behaving as if he paid our fares and when I landed in abuja, I said never will I enter that vehicle again.
Re: My Experience At God Is Good Transport Company Today(4/12/15) by RitaUloko: 8:29am On Jan 06, 2020
I had always seen God is good motors as the best transporting company in Nigeria but I was so wrong. I boarded a bus from Lagos to Portharcourt at the rate of 10,150 Naira on the 5th day of January, 2020, I stood for nothing less than 20 minutes before I got a ticket. I took my ticket and headed to the bus, immediately I located the bus with its plate number, I felt discouraged cos the sight of the vehicle was appalling but I didn’t have a choice because I was so dependent on GIGM. The first displeasure I had when I got inside the vehicle was that the AC wasn’t functioning properly, I actually thought it was due to the harmattan and perhaps passengers were comfortable with it, it became stuffy that I had to complain only to realize that the AC was faulty. Just after we had a stop over at Ore, three minutes later, the vehicle was smoking profusely so we had no other option than to stop. We discovered that the break pad was burnt, (due to the fact that the break oil passage was wrongly connected)so they had to purchase another, spending almost 1hour before same was replaced. At this point the ‘pilot’ was very courteous. We continued the journey, the weather was freaking hot and the AC( fan) could not serve any purpose again. We had to open the windows without a blind with a lot of dust coming in, moreover the two back windows could not even open. The most annoying part was when passengers pleaded with the driver to put on the Ac( fan) he paid deaf ears perhaps because he had a ear piece stuck to his ears. The vehicle did not even have a radio not to talk less of TV. Despite the fact that the company has a speed limit, this bus was excessively slow and I noticed the difficulty in changing gear. It was indeed a terrible experience for me. Please whenever you intend to book for a ticket and its plate number is *BKW 750 XA* kindly decline. Personally I think GIGM is not properly maintained and has lost its standards, it presently operates with its supposed (“known name”) standards.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

F1 Student Visa Denial. / Top 10 Safest Countries In Africa / Egypt Air Reacts To Joshua Abdul-azeez's Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.