Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,503 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

$2.1 Bn Arms Deal: I Didn’t Receive A Dime From Dasuki, Says Ex-gov. Bafarawa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $2.1 Bn Arms Deal: I Didn’t Receive A Dime From Dasuki, Says Ex-gov. Bafarawa (572 Views)

Anenih Lied, I Didn’t Receive Up To N63m From Him- Yakassai / $2.1bn Arms Deal: I Will Speak Soon – Labaran Maku / I Didn’t Receive $300,000 From Dasuki, Only Suvs – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

$2.1 Bn Arms Deal: I Didn’t Receive A Dime From Dasuki, Says Ex-gov. Bafarawa by cktheluckyman: 12:55pm On Dec 04, 2015
$2.1 bn Arms deal: I didn’t receive a dime from Dasuki, says ex-Gov. Bafarawa

on December 03, 2015 /

By Omeiza Ajayi
ABUJA -The ongoing investigation into the $2.1 billion arms deal involving a former National Security Adviser, NSA, Col. Sambo Dasuki‎ and some of his associates took another twist Thursday, with the former Governor of Sokoto State, Attahiru Bafarawa exonerating himself of any wrongdoing.

There has been a chain of revelations as to how the money was dispensed, with the ex-governor’s name featuring prominently as collecting about N4.6 billion for “spiritual purposes”.

Dasuki Sambo and Attahiru Bafarawa
Dasuki Sambo and Attahiru Bafarawa

However, an aide of the former governor who served under him as a Special Adviser on Youth and Students Matters, Alhaji Akibu Dalhatu told our correspondent yesterday that his boss has no such financial dealing with the former NSA nor did he collect any money from him for any purpose.

“The former governor of Sokoto state, Alhaji Attahiru Bafarawa did not receive any money from Col. Sambo Dasuki for any arms deal or for any purpose” Dalhatu said.

Dalhatu who said had visited the former governor at the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) headquarters, added that his boss was never arrested at home or anywhere else as has been alleged in some quarters. He said Mr Bafarawa merely honoured an invitation extended to him by the anti-graft agency.

“The truth is that Governor Bafarawa went to the EFCC to honour an invitation made to him by the agency while he was abroad. He had informed them through a letter by his lawyers that he was abroad and would honour their invitation on return. Governor Bafarawa went to the office of EFCC with his lawyer and an aide” he said‎

He was however quick to lament what he described as orchestrated media campaign aimed at tarnishing the image of the former governor noting that it “appears that the media is being used to play out a script that has been written long before now”

“We have seen deliberate falsehoods published in the newspapers and social media platforms, designed deliberately to tarnish the image and person of Alhaji Attahiru Bafarawa. Some of the writers and media outfits have access to Governor Bafarawa and his media advisers. It would appear that the media is being used to play out a script that has been written long before now

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/2-1-bn-arms-deal-i-didnt-receive-a-dime-from-dasuki-says-ex-gov-bafarawa/
Re: $2.1 Bn Arms Deal: I Didn’t Receive A Dime From Dasuki, Says Ex-gov. Bafarawa by adedayourt(m): 12:57pm On Dec 04, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: $2.1 Bn Arms Deal: I Didn’t Receive A Dime From Dasuki, Says Ex-gov. Bafarawa by cktheluckyman: 12:57pm On Dec 04, 2015
I think its high time the NUJ takes it serious with the regulation of most of these media houses.They simply stay in their offices and write whatever they like and sell to the public.How on earth does one really think Bafarawa would release a statem,ent saying he collected N4.6Billion for spiritual purposes? seriously how can someone even believe that story?
Re: $2.1 Bn Arms Deal: I Didn’t Receive A Dime From Dasuki, Says Ex-gov. Bafarawa by Ciscogod(m): 12:57pm On Dec 04, 2015
R
Re: $2.1 Bn Arms Deal: I Didn’t Receive A Dime From Dasuki, Says Ex-gov. Bafarawa by cktheluckyman: 12:58pm On Dec 04, 2015
Lalasticlala come and do the needful
Re: $2.1 Bn Arms Deal: I Didn’t Receive A Dime From Dasuki, Says Ex-gov. Bafarawa by cktheluckyman: 1:00pm On Dec 04, 2015
This news should also be put on the FrontPage to counter the fake news already there.
Re: $2.1 Bn Arms Deal: I Didn’t Receive A Dime From Dasuki, Says Ex-gov. Bafarawa by mrvitalis(m): 1:05pm On Dec 04, 2015
Who would we now believe. ...
Re: $2.1 Bn Arms Deal: I Didn’t Receive A Dime From Dasuki, Says Ex-gov. Bafarawa by cktheluckyman: 1:09pm On Dec 04, 2015
mrvitalis:
Who would we now believe. ...

Thesemedia houses just concot stories and sell to the gullible people.I never believed Bafarawa would come out and say he collected N4.6 Billion for spiritual purposes.He cant be that daft
Re: $2.1 Bn Arms Deal: I Didn’t Receive A Dime From Dasuki, Says Ex-gov. Bafarawa by frodobee: 1:26pm On Dec 04, 2015
Frodobee :

This is the rubbish the Oluwole brown envelope Lagos-Ibadan media houses churn out everyday. Very nauseating.
Funny people believe it too. From treason to gun possession to now stealing $2billion to #2.1billion to now singing names of accomplices. And the it starts to get salty with names like Peter Obi, Dokpesi, Bafarawa but no names of ex-militants, OPC members, no IG or force person. And why should there be any names at all? Are these not persons who normally should be served papers by the court to come defend there involvement if any? And you that believes these old men will sing at this age with all these money which can buy 20 SANs at EFCC (at efcc's court not Judiciary court) hahaha I laugh.
Wait, in the coming weeks and months and years, you will read more propaganda while real issues of economy, joblessness, corruption and actual prosecution(vis a vis media prosecution), low morale of the military, PMB's disregard for court injunctions etc.

Once upon a time, a foolish farmer caught a thief harvesting his friend's yam.
'I don catch you today. I go go tell the village say you dhey here dhey thief yam'.
So he left and came back with villagers but no one was seen.
Till date his friends suspect he might actually be the thief.

And before you qoute, read and ask questions, evenif it will upset the cart. Seven months is more than enough to come out public with panel reports on each of the ministries what with powers and instruments of authority at his disposal.

(1) (Reply)

Oshiomhole Retires Head Of Service, Perm-sec / Kogi 2015: APC's James Faleke Returns To NASS As Lagos Lawmaker / Igbos In Bauchi Distance Themselves From Biafra Agitation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.