Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,047 members, 7,810,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:23 PM

How Buhari Is Trying To Use Nigerian Senate To Resurrect His Infamous Decree 4 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Buhari Is Trying To Use Nigerian Senate To Resurrect His Infamous Decree 4 (2421 Views)

Stephanie Hegarty Reacts To Magu's Rejection By Nigerian Senate / Senate To Strip Buhari Of Power Of Assent / Senate To Suspend Two Senators Sworn In for Niger South (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Buhari Is Trying To Use Nigerian Senate To Resurrect His Infamous Decree 4 by BlackPeni5: 2:41pm On Dec 04, 2015
DECREE NO 4 OF 1984

Section 1

“any person who publishes in any form, whether written or otherwise, any message, rumour, report or statement which is false in any material particular or which brings or is calculated to bring the Federal Military Govt or the govt of a state or public officer to ridicule or disrespect shall be guilty of an offence under this decree…….and those found guilty would be eligible for a fine of not less than 10,000 naira and a jail sentence of up to TWO YEARS”

See the bill an APC Senator proposed on the floor of the Nigerian Senate on Wednesday, December 2, 2015.

2015- BILL TO DISCOURAGE BASELESS ALLEGATIONS

“Where any person through text messages, tenets, whatsApp or through any social media post any abusive statement knowing same to be false with intent to set the public against any person and group of persons and institutions of govt or such other bodies established by law shall be guilty of an offence and upon conviction shall be liable to an imprisonment for TWO YEARS or a fine of N2,000,000,000 or both fine and imprisonment”

Condemning this should be the focus of everybody. This is not the time to be quiet at all.

General Mohammadu Buhari, the supreme maximum ruler is back and he is trying to use the backdoor to bring back his dictatorial decrees which he used to oppress Nigerians and clamp down on human rights and press freedom.

This move must be condemned by all Nigerian, irrespective of their political affiliations. This Bill is an assault on our democracy and our humanity.

http://www.thetrentonline.com/buhari-is-trying-to-use-nigerian-senate-to-resurrect-his-infamous-decree-4-must-read/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Buhari Is Trying To Use Nigerian Senate To Resurrect His Infamous Decree 4 by Trut(m): 2:45pm On Dec 04, 2015
Nigerians will see shege for voting in a dictator.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Buhari Is Trying To Use Nigerian Senate To Resurrect His Infamous Decree 4 by okeyley: 2:55pm On Dec 04, 2015
sai Baba

this is not 1984

please wake from your Hangover

#Endtime president

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Buhari Is Trying To Use Nigerian Senate To Resurrect His Infamous Decree 4 by KUNZEH(m): 3:01pm On Dec 04, 2015
Seriously baba Don dey f*ck up

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Is Trying To Use Nigerian Senate To Resurrect His Infamous Decree 4 by Emekamex(m): 3:05pm On Dec 04, 2015
Kai Baba

Re: How Buhari Is Trying To Use Nigerian Senate To Resurrect His Infamous Decree 4 by omenka(m): 3:08pm On Dec 04, 2015
I still find it hard to understand why anyone would sit on their own and without compulsion visit sites such as-

1. Thetrentonline.

2. Breakingtimes

3. Savingravereporters

4. Guardiannewsusa.

I just don't understand!! cheesycheesy

Somewhere inside of me, I wish the bill would even see the light of day and become a law so idiots like those who publish stories on the site above could be taught some hard lessons.

9 Likes

Re: How Buhari Is Trying To Use Nigerian Senate To Resurrect His Infamous Decree 4 by xmich(m): 3:11pm On Dec 04, 2015
BUHARI AND THE SECOND BIAFRA GENOCIDE - BLESSED ORJI

A must read

http://www./2015/12/buhari-and-second-biafra-genocide.html?m=1

Re: How Buhari Is Trying To Use Nigerian Senate To Resurrect His Infamous Decree 4 by BlackPeni5: 3:16pm On Dec 04, 2015
omenka:
I still find it hard to understand why anyone would sit on their own and without compulsion visit sites such as-

1. Thetrentonline.

2. Breakingtimes

3. Savingravereporters

4. Guardiannewsusa.

Somewhere inside of me, I wish the bill would even see the light of day and become a law so idiots like those who publish stories on the site above could be taught some hard lessons.

If the bill had passed during Jonathan's tenure, perhaps you would be typing from Jail right now. Is the story true or false?

Hypocrite.

7 Likes

Re: How Buhari Is Trying To Use Nigerian Senate To Resurrect His Infamous Decree 4 by maxdozie(m): 3:22pm On Dec 04, 2015
BlackPeni5:

If the bill had passed during Jonathan's tenure, perhaps you would be typing from Jail right now. Is the story true or false?

Hypocrite.

Don't mind the Guy talking trash

2 Likes

Re: How Buhari Is Trying To Use Nigerian Senate To Resurrect His Infamous Decree 4 by omenka(m): 3:26pm On Dec 04, 2015
BlackPeni5:

Hypocrite.
If I'm a hypocrite, then you are a very big fool. Is the bill sponsored by Buhari or did it originate from the executive Is Buhari a legislator Don't we have PDP members in the National assembly and don't they have the numbers to ensure the bill doesn't succeed Why don't you berate them for their support for the bill instead of directing your frustration at Buhari who shares no part in this

What a useless scum.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Buhari Is Trying To Use Nigerian Senate To Resurrect His Infamous Decree 4 by BlackPeni5: 3:30pm On Dec 04, 2015
omenka:
If I'm a hypocrite, then you are a very big fool. Is the bill sponsored by Buhari or did it originate from the executive Is Buhari a legislator Don't we have PDP members in the National assembly and don't they have the numbers to ensure the bill doesn't succeed Why don't you berate them for their support for the bill instead of directing your frustration at Buhari who shares no part in this

What a useless scum.

Talking like a zombie baboon that you really are...So you expect GMB to do it himself? He sent an idiot from Kebbi to do it for him since he cannot do it himself under the new democratic dispensation. Why didn't they sponsor it during the last dispensation?

You truly are dull.

9 Likes

Re: How Buhari Is Trying To Use Nigerian Senate To Resurrect His Infamous Decree 4 by omenka(m): 3:37pm On Dec 04, 2015
BlackPeni5:

Talking like a zombie baboon that you really are...So you expect GMB to do it himself? He sent an idiot from Kebbi to do it for him since he cannot do it himself under the new democratic dispensation. Why didn't they sponsor it during the last dispensation?

You truly are dull.
I think your signature befits you perfectly. Goodluck.

4 Likes

Re: How Buhari Is Trying To Use Nigerian Senate To Resurrect His Infamous Decree 4 by zoneboy: 3:39pm On Dec 04, 2015
Please sign and retweet this online petition on social media bill https://t. co/SItAcV45gP #NoToSocialMediaBill
Re: How Buhari Is Trying To Use Nigerian Senate To Resurrect His Infamous Decree 4 by Nobody: 3:40pm On Dec 04, 2015
op, how old are you anyway, and are you supposed to be fiddling with your mom's phone instead of doing your home-work

when you get to jss3, they will teach you about separation of powers in social studies. and unless you can actually prove beyond doubt that it is buhari sponsoring that bill, then you really need to get off the internet now before you injure yourself.

7 Likes

Re: How Buhari Is Trying To Use Nigerian Senate To Resurrect His Infamous Decree 4 by Nobody: 3:44pm On Dec 04, 2015
Emekamex:
Kai Baba
mumu.

3 Likes

Re: How Buhari Is Trying To Use Nigerian Senate To Resurrect His Infamous Decree 4 by utytill(m): 3:58pm On Dec 04, 2015
Hmmm,i know that the used the format to win election now they want to dump it.
Re: How Buhari Is Trying To Use Nigerian Senate To Resurrect His Infamous Decree 4 by mensdept: 4:02pm On Dec 04, 2015
Trut:
Nigerians will see shege for voting in a dictator.

Please tell them again. Imagine a person who made a career with coups, marrying his daughters age mate, and now in this modern era, fools were campaigning for him because they could not stomach an Easterner as President and now you see.

3 Likes

Re: How Buhari Is Trying To Use Nigerian Senate To Resurrect His Infamous Decree 4 by adconline(m): 4:10pm On Dec 04, 2015
omenka:

What a useless scum.
What a display of arrogant and willful idiocy. NASS is controlled by APC and GMB is needed to assent to the bill for it to become the law. Bill sponsor is an APC member and GMB's stooge.

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Is Trying To Use Nigerian Senate To Resurrect His Infamous Decree 4 by obailala(m): 4:14pm On Dec 04, 2015
omenka:

1. Thetrentonline.

2. Breakingtimes

3. Savingravereporters

4. Guardiannewsusa.

5. HopeforNigeria
6. IgbereTV
cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How Buhari Is Trying To Use Nigerian Senate To Resurrect His Infamous Decree 4 by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:35pm On Dec 04, 2015
Was it Buhari that sent the bill to the Senate? I thought you guys claimed that Buhari is at loggerheads with the Senate over Saraki and Ekweremadu?

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Is Trying To Use Nigerian Senate To Resurrect His Infamous Decree 4 by achiphet(m): 5:38pm On Dec 04, 2015
Y are sai baa people claiming dumb like this....... D same bill in 1983 d same bill coming up now.........and people are saying its saraki, smhh...........is buhari a senator? So he must use the apc senate because of demoncracy!
Re: How Buhari Is Trying To Use Nigerian Senate To Resurrect His Infamous Decree 4 by fotadmowmend(m): 6:01pm On Dec 04, 2015
End time president
Re: How Buhari Is Trying To Use Nigerian Senate To Resurrect His Infamous Decree 4 by ckmayoca: 6:26pm On Dec 04, 2015
To be sincere... the bill should pass.
Re: How Buhari Is Trying To Use Nigerian Senate To Resurrect His Infamous Decree 4 by idupaul: 6:57pm On Dec 04, 2015
Ajala the traveller has been bursted ..
Re: How Buhari Is Trying To Use Nigerian Senate To Resurrect His Infamous Decree 4 by ckmayoca: 7:02pm On Dec 04, 2015
okeyley:

U should shut the f up

U hypo

Is it a must to comment?

Oloshi koshi lo. Iruro n borun. Omo eya ba bi eya lo n jo. Like papa like pikin. Insulting people on social media.
Re: How Buhari Is Trying To Use Nigerian Senate To Resurrect His Infamous Decree 4 by okeyley: 7:05pm On Dec 04, 2015
ckmayoca:

Oloshi koshi lo. Iruro n borun. Omo eya ba bi eya lo n jo. Like papa like pikin. Insulting people on social media.

must u comment??

chai some are mad

few are roaming especially on nairaland
Re: How Buhari Is Trying To Use Nigerian Senate To Resurrect His Infamous Decree 4 by ckmayoca: 7:52pm On Dec 04, 2015
okeyley:

must u comment??

chai some are mad

few are roaming especially on nairaland

Egbami o! How does my comment concern you? Yes I am mad! U made me very mad to the point of coming so low like u to insult you. Now u feel remorseful. Yoruba are known to be respectful but you are such a street raised.
Re: How Buhari Is Trying To Use Nigerian Senate To Resurrect His Infamous Decree 4 by ckmayoca: 10:06pm On Dec 04, 2015
okeyley:

yes I was raised on the streets at least I see humans but u probably ZOO

Lol. Do u even know what zoo means? Onye iberibe.
Re: How Buhari Is Trying To Use Nigerian Senate To Resurrect His Infamous Decree 4 by themaskedman: 10:51pm On Dec 04, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
Was it Buhari that sent the bill to the Senate? I thought you guys claimed that Buhari is at loggerheads with the Senate over Saraki and Ekweremadu?
You don't expect Buhari to do such dirty works himself. He has lackeys and foot soldiers who are very willing to do his bidding.
If the bill comes as an executive bill of course every one will know so he has to hide under on I'll dressed In Na-Allah. Don't be deceived, we know the old soldier.
Re: How Buhari Is Trying To Use Nigerian Senate To Resurrect His Infamous Decree 4 by SweetSoup(m): 11:04pm On Dec 04, 2015
omenka:

What a useless scum.
My broda Jonathan's defeat has completely damaged some people's brain, their reasoning ability has been totally damaged. Pls just leave them to their self imposed torture, they have 3 and a half more years to wail and Mumu themselves.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu’s Massive Looting Of Lagos Uncovered…the Chagoury, Remi Tinubu Connection / N500billion Revenue:Tinubu, FIRS, Hijack FCT RevenueBoard -SaharaReportersRescue / Militant Attacks: Address Niger- Delta Grievances, UK Tells Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.