Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,428 members, 7,830,147 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

Iweala, Gates, Mo Ibrahim Receive International Award For Service To Humanity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Iweala, Gates, Mo Ibrahim Receive International Award For Service To Humanity (424 Views)

Jonathan Fails To Win Mo Ibrahim $5m Prize, with no winner / Governor Wike At Thanksgiving Service To Mark Democracy Day / Upd Okonjo–Iweala, Bill Gates, Mo Ibrahim, Bloomberg Receive International Honor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Iweala, Gates, Mo Ibrahim Receive International Award For Service To Humanity by 9jaclicktivist: 2:52pm On Dec 04, 2015
Former Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala was one of the distinguished recipients honoured at an all-star event in New York on December 1 for services to humanity and the fight against poverty and HIV/AIDS.
She received the award from two respected international advocacy groups, ONE and RED, alongside Bill & Melinda Gates, philanthropist Mo Ibrahim and former New York Mayor and media mogul, Michael Bloomberg.
Dr. Okonjo-Iweala and her co-honorees were recognized at a grand event marking the tenth anniversary of the advocacy groups.
Former US President Bill Clinton and current Vice President Joe Biden were in attendance.
Top comedian and CNN presenter, Trevor Noah host the event.
In her response to the honor, Okonjo-Iweala said “I thank ONE and (RED) for this recognition. It is an inspiration to work harder on the issues of social and economic development that have always been my passion. I’m also grateful to my country for the opportunities to serve. I will always be proud to be a Nigerian.”
ONE is an international campaigning and advocacy organization of more than 7 million people taking action to end extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa.
It was co-founded by Bono, to raise public awareness and work with political leaders to combat AIDS and preventable diseases, increase investments in agriculture and nutrition, and demand greater transparency so governments are accountable to their citizens.
ONE works closely with African activists and policymakers as they fight corruption, promote poverty-fighting priorities, monitor the use of aid, and help build civil society and economic development. ONE’s work is strictly politically non-partisan.
(RED) was founded by Bono and Bobby Shriver to make it easy for people and businesses to join the fight against the deadly virus.
Throughout the past decade, (RED) has raised more than $320 million with the help of companies like Apple and Coca Cola towards the fight against HIV.

www.tapread.net/2015/12/04/okonjo-iweala-bill-gates-mo-ibrahim-receive-international-honour-for-service-to-humanity/
Re: Iweala, Gates, Mo Ibrahim Receive International Award For Service To Humanity by Earthkumy(m): 3:06pm On Dec 04, 2015
Congrat ma
Re: Iweala, Gates, Mo Ibrahim Receive International Award For Service To Humanity by Herald47: 3:13pm On Dec 04, 2015
Ewoooo...this one na brutality to OSHIOMOLE.meanwhile,by the grace of God i will name one of my future child NGOZI so that she will attract success and blessings like you.

(1) (Reply)

FG Reintroduction Of Toll Fee (what Is Your Take?) / How To Set A Common Sense Agenda For Change For Fashola / Nigerian Inflation Rate Rises To 9.4%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.