Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,683 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

On Biafra - Igbos Not Prepared For Exit Now - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / On Biafra - Igbos Not Prepared For Exit Now (3248 Views)

Rivers Rerun: Governor Wike Says INEC Was Not Prepared / Biafra: Igbos Want To Reconolize South-South-waziri Ringim / Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

On Biafra - Igbos Not Prepared For Exit Now by Nobody: 5:45am On Dec 05, 2015
I don't know how far this message will go but will help a lot of my Igbo kiths and kin if they will ponder on this. Before I continue, I would first like everyone to know that I personally is not satisfied with the present Nigeria arrangement from the faulty federal system to a totally failed government reach to common people.

Present agitation could have been stemmed from election loss and subsequent perceived negligence from the presidency in constituting his cabinet and other areas like customs service appointments. I personally saw all these manoeuvres.

I have personally spoken with a lot of friends from south south. Most of them are not interested in this Biafra struggle, some even look at Igbos with some of pity. They have a perception that we want them because their region is oil rich. This is a very big set back. It's important to note that a majority of them are not against us. However, I bet you that if there is a referendum to join Igbos with rest of Niger Delta, it's going to be a failure because they will opt out. Not out of hate but rather out of impression we will acquire their oil wells.

Again, even if we want a sovereign Igbo nation or state, there is presently no structure to make this happen. Even if Nigeria nation asks us to leave, where do we start from? Ojukwu was a military governor, and an authority figure. Very few Igbo elites recognize Kanu as an authority figure. Do you know a lot of difference that it would have made if a governor figure actively supports this cause ? A lot of us believe oil / gas in Igbo land would sustain us. These reserves are largely unexplored and untapped. Bringing them to production even if we start now will take years. How do you run a country when there is no money or industries to sustain it?

Again, we have issue of food security. It is unfortunate we have not learned from the previous war . We have a very large expanse of land suitable for agriculture in Enugu, Eboyi and parts of Anambra. Yet food production in these states are suboptimal and can hardly feed the whole of southeast. This is where our governors have failed us. Ultra large scale farms should be genuinely sponsored by our government to exceed needs of the region.

We need to come together and re-strategize on how to move Igbo nation forward. Present rallies is only affecting our region and will deter investors interested in the region. See the situation in NE, brought about by their own people against themselves. We need to do the following:

1. Map out a road plan for Igbos. We should not include south south in this plan except Igbos in those states who are willing to work with us. This road plan should first and foremost plan on how to make the region economically robust.

2. Desist from cursing other tribes or or acusing them as reasons for our troubles. It's better to build relationships than destroy what we have. It will lead us nowhere. Even if others speak evil of us, don't reply in like manner. Britain may have made the initial mistake, it's our duty to correct it.

3. These are indispensable - good roads, constant power, industries, friendly atmosphere. We need to brainstorm on these ideas.

4. Make sure that we fully get involved with who becomes our governors, council heads etc.

If we don't stop these protests and fail to plan, we will only harm ourselves.

Cc seun , mods

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On Biafra - Igbos Not Prepared For Exit Now by omooba969(m): 5:50am On Dec 05, 2015
Tell them

1 Like

Re: On Biafra - Igbos Not Prepared For Exit Now by Anambra1stSon(m): 6:02am On Dec 05, 2015
excel234:
[s]I don't know how far this message will go but will help a lot of my Igbo kiths and kin if they will ponder on this. Before I continue, I would first like everyone to know that I personally is not satisfied with the present Nigeria arrangement from the faulty federal system to a totally failed government reach to common people.

Present agitation could have been stemmed from election loss and subsequent perceived negligence from the presidency in constituting his cabinet and other areas like customs service appointments. I personally saw all these manoeuvres.

I have personally spoken with a lot of friends from south south. Most of them are not interested in this Biafra struggle, some even look at Igbos with some of pity. They have a perception that we want them because their region is oil rich. This is a very big set back. It's important to note that a majority of them are not against us. However, I bet you that if there is a referendum to join Igbos with rest of Niger Delta, it's going to be a failure because they will opt out. Not out of hate but rather out of impression we will acquire their oil wells.

Again, even if we want a sovereign Igbo nation or state, there is presently no structure to make this happen. Even if Nigeria nation asks us to leave, where do we start from? Ojukwu was a military governor, and an authority figure. Very few Igbo elites recognize Kanu as an authority figure. Do you know a lot of difference that it would have made if a governor figure actively supports this cause ? A lot of us believe oil / gas in Igbo land would sustain us. These reserves are largely unexplored and untapped. Bringing them to production even if we start now will take years. How do you run a country when there is no money or industries to sustain it?

Again, we have issue of food security. It is unfortunate we have not learned from the previous war . We have a very large expanse of land suitable for agriculture in Enugu, Eboyi and parts of Anambra. Yet food production in these states are suboptimal and can hardly feed the whole of southeast. This is where our governors have failed us. Ultra large scale farms should be genuinely sponsored by our government to exceed needs of the region.

We need to come together and re-strategize on how to move Igbo nation forward. Present rallies is only affecting our region and will deter investors interested in the region. See the situation in NE, brought about by their own people against themselves. We need to do the following:

1. Map out a road plan for Igbos. We should not include south south in this plan except Igbos in those states who are willing to work with us. This road plan should first and foremost plan on how to make the region economically robust.

2. Desist from cursing other tribes or or acusing them as reasons for our troubles. It's better to build relationships than destroy what we have. It will lead us nowhere. Even if others speak evil of us, don't reply in like manner. Britain may have made the initial mistake, it's our duty to correct it.

3. These are indispensable - good roads, constant power, industries, friendly atmosphere. We need to brainstorm on these ideas.

4. Make sure that we fully get involved with who becomes our governors, council heads etc.

If we don't stop these protests and fail to plan, we will only harm ourselves.[/s]

Cc seun , mods
Trash

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Biafra - Igbos Not Prepared For Exit Now by Nobody: 6:14am On Dec 05, 2015
Majority of the IPOB youths are violent illiterates, not well educated enough for them to form a country on their own.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Biafra - Igbos Not Prepared For Exit Now by Nobody: 6:23am On Dec 05, 2015
@op all you listed are excuses.

I personally do not even wish for most of the SS to join, I want igweocha because they are part of us, I want Idoma because they have shown profound love for igbos, I want the igbo part of Delta state, outside that, any other tribe must vote to join and also step up.
Don't listen to these rants online. I personally know an isoko lady who was lamenting the foolishness of her people who opted out of biafra in their village meeting or something like that.

Meanwhile, Biafra plans a regional system meaning: use your resources to develop your region. What ijaw has will be for ijaws, what ibibio has remains with ibibio. Isnt that what the Niger Delta wants?
They shouldn't think we have forgotten how they betrayed us in the last war, we aren't in a hurry to embrace them. Its just a few of their elite who know what Biafra is planning than are forcing the entire region to key in now.

Those clamoring for Biafra are doing so because they have found out that Nigeria is deliberately through politics and policies starving and crippling Biafra. I personally am a business minded person. My grandfather said there is oil in our place that if they dig, we will find something but I am not interested in that neither are all the people I know who matters in this Biafran ish.
If and when Biafra stands, I will be more interested in inventing or pulling resources together to get the first battery/solar powered car than can go a whole day at least with out recharge.
I will be more interested in revolving the recycling of raw materials like iron.
I'll be more interested in building 1st of its kind facilities in Africa,
I'll be more interested in expanding into the African market
I'll be more concerned with building quality products and establishing the Biafran brand worldwide.
I'll be more interested in partnering with any of the BRIC countries to expand into Africa through Biafra if we Biafrans can't do it on our own.

Oil is not the future. Technology is and that is our greatest asset in Biafra.

Do you know how many elites are already putting plans in place for actualization of all these once Biafra is put in place?

Why can't these elite put down these plans now? Because the policies in place will never allow it.

So until Biafra comes, people like me with these plans and connections etc may never find the opportunity to develop into Dangote's and Jim Ovia's . Why wont we cry for Biafra?

Do you know we have tapped several calls between several politicians that will stand against them in any fair court?
Do you know we found many agreements btween some countries and Nigeria that will stand against them in any fair court?

I can't tell you more because it may jeopardize the struggle and let Nigeria know the extent we have gone.
I rest my case.

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: On Biafra - Igbos Not Prepared For Exit Now by EternalTruths: 6:33am On Dec 05, 2015
Trashhhhhhhhhhhhhh grin

6 Likes

Re: On Biafra - Igbos Not Prepared For Exit Now by Nobody: 6:35am On Dec 05, 2015
post=40700852:
Trash
Not just a trash the OP wrote there but an imbecilic trash! What a nonsense!

6 Likes

Re: On Biafra - Igbos Not Prepared For Exit Now by Pavore9: 7:06am On Dec 05, 2015
@excel234, I totally share your view. For many of the IPOB crew any igbo who do not share their views has his or her ancestry questioned forgetting that despite Jesus Christ coming from the Jewish stock did not make all the Jews convert to Christianity as Judaism is still the identity of the Jews and no Jew's identity has been questioned for not embracing Christianity. It is not as if being a Biafran will increase my chances of spending my eternity in Heaven which I strongly believe do exist.

One should not ignore the little things he has influence over and can see to its development at the expense of aiming for the 'bigger picture'. If l am in position to train 100 youths in a community in Igboland on innovative farming practices which would see them earning an average of N200,000 monthly, am l less igbo for not screaming BIAFRA?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Biafra - Igbos Not Prepared For Exit Now by Greatihex(m): 7:45am On Dec 05, 2015
Biafra, k'anyi jenu!

2 Likes

Re: On Biafra - Igbos Not Prepared For Exit Now by Bevista: 8:04am On Dec 05, 2015
Jazper:
I personally do not even wish for most of the SS to join, I want igweocha because they are part of us, I want Idoma because they have shown profound love for igbos, I want the igbo part of Delta state, outside that, any other tribe must vote to join and also step up.

Meanwhile, Biafra plans a regional system meaning: use your resources to develop your region. What ijaw has will be for ijaws, what ibibio has remains with ibibio. Isnt that what the Niger Delta wants?
You cannot want any part of this country. If you want to leave, then by all means go your way. And what gives you the moral justification to force any group to join your selfish agenda country - such arrogance simply drives me mad! As you feel the right to self determination, so shall every group also exercise such rights in determining their affairs.

And this is the very last time you ever mention IBIBIO as part of your warped contraption. I will literally KILL if you stretch your arrogance too far. Be warned!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Biafra - Igbos Not Prepared For Exit Now by naijapips02: 8:13am On Dec 05, 2015
[s]
Jazper:

Don't listen to these rants online. I personally know an isoko lady who was lamenting the foolishness of her people who opted out of biafra in their village meeting or something like that.

They shouldn't think we have forgotten how they betrayed us in the last war, we aren't in a hurry to embrace them. Its just a few of their elite who know what Biafra is planning than are forcing the entire region to key in now.

Those clamoring for Biafra are doing so because they have found out that Nigeria is deliberately through politics and policies starving and crippling Biafra. I personally am a business minded person. My grandfather said there is oil in our place that if they dig, we will find something but I am not interested in that neither are all the people I know who matters in this Biafran ish.
If and when Biafra stands, I will be more interested in inventing or pulling resources together to get the first battery/solar powered car than can go a whole day at least with out recharge.
I will be more interested in revolving the recycling of raw materials like iron.
I'll be more concerned with building quality products and establishing the Biafran brand worldwide.
I'll be more interested in partnering with any of the BRIC countries to expand into Africa through Biafra if we Biafrans can't do it on our own.

Do you know how many elites are already putting plans in place for actualization of all these once Biafra is put in place?

Why can't these elite put down these plans now? Because the policies in place will never allow it.

So until Biafra comes, people like me with these plans and connections etc may never find the opportunity to develop into Dangote's and Jim Ovia's . Why wont we cry for Biafra?

Do you know we have tapped several calls between several politicians that will stand against them in any fair court?
Do you know we found many agreements btween some countries and Nigeria that will stand against them in any fair court?

I can't tell you more because it may jeopardize the struggle and let Nigeria know the extent we have gone.
I rest my case.
[/s]

How does this address any issue that the OP raised? You will do this, you will do that, how many have you done? Or is Nigeria Preventing any igbo state from developing technologies? WTF is wrong with you zombies. It is good to dream, but you should know when to separate dreams from reality.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Biafra - Igbos Not Prepared For Exit Now by naijapips02: 8:14am On Dec 05, 2015
jcmaiah:

Not just a trash the OP wrote there but an imbecilic trash! What a nonsense!

As usual. The zombies and their imbecilic posts. It's obvious you brains are opium densed.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Biafra - Igbos Not Prepared For Exit Now by Nobody: 8:15am On Dec 05, 2015
Bevista:
You cannot want any part of this country. If you want to leave, then by all means go your way. And what gives you the moral justification to force any group to join your selfish agenda country - such arrogance simply drives me mad! As you feel the right for self determination, every group shall also exercise such rights in determining their affairs.

And this is the very last time you ever mention Ibibio as part of your warped contraption. I will literally KILL if you stretch your arrogance too far. Be warned!

Where did I mention forcing any group?
My arrogance drives you mad? Then by all means, please run MAD!!!
Asides Idoma, Igweocha and igbo speaking Delta, which other ego inflated tribe did I say I want? For crying out loud, why must some ppl try to feel among at the expense of Igbos. See me see wahala o!

Even if I said I want Ibibio, did I say its by force they must want me back?
What part of "I personally do not even wish for most of the SS to join" and "any other tribe must vote to join and also step up" don't you understand?

Quote again to spew trash and watch your entire lineage die of cancer worse than that of Alison Madueke (Strong woman, may God heal her and give her long life to the shame of bigots)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> this way to hell please!!!
NEXT!!!

9 Likes

Re: On Biafra - Igbos Not Prepared For Exit Now by Nobody: 8:18am On Dec 05, 2015
[s]
naijapips02:
How does this address any issue that the OP raised? You will do this, you will do that, how many have you done? Or is Nigeria Preventing any igbo state from developing technologies? WTF is wrong with you zombies. It is good to dream, but you should know when to separate dreams from reality.
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: On Biafra - Igbos Not Prepared For Exit Now by Nobody: 8:18am On Dec 05, 2015
Jazper:

Why can't these elite put down these plans now? Because the policies in place will never allow it
Unfortunately, these SS guys takes your regionalism with a pinch of salt. They don't believe you. Nigeria state cannot stop Igbo nation from developing technologies / industries. It requires strategy - faithful elected candidates working with populace. Let our governor work our roads and not siphon the money. Build power plants, put them online and ask to be removed from failed national grid. Nobody can stop you if you have the right people in governance. With good transport system and power, industries will be attracted like ants to honey. Tax and revenue from the industries will surpass oil revenue. At this point SS will be less apprehensive to join our struggle. This is called strategy. Your elected right people will table these wishes to Nigeria state in a civilized manner. We should rather direct these protests to kick out wrong elected candidates or at least hold them accountable.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Biafra - Igbos Not Prepared For Exit Now by Nobody: 8:19am On Dec 05, 2015
excel234:
Unfortunately, these SS guys takes your regionalism with a pinch of salt. They don't believe you. Nigeria state cannot stop Igbo nation from developing technologies / industries. It requires strategy - faithful elected candidates working with populace. Let our governor work our roads and not siphon the money. Build power plants, put them online and ask to be removed from failed national grid. Nobody can stop you if you have the right people in governance. With good transport system and power, industries will be attracted like ants to bees. Tax and revenue from the industries will surpass oil revenue. At this point SS will be less apprehensive to join our struggle. This is called strategy. Your elected right people will table these wishes to Nigeria state in a civilized manner. We should rather direct these protests to kick out wrong elected candidates or at least hold them accountable.

1 Like

Re: On Biafra - Igbos Not Prepared For Exit Now by olaboy001(m): 8:20am On Dec 05, 2015
Ki lo n se awon omo yiibo yi
Re: On Biafra - Igbos Not Prepared For Exit Now by Bevista: 8:21am On Dec 05, 2015
Jazper:
Where did I mention forcing any group?
My arrogance drives you mad? Then by all means, please run MAD!!!
Asides Idoma, Igweocha and igbo speaking Delta, which other ego inflated tribe did I say I want?

Even if I said I want Ibibio, did I say its by force they must want me back?
What part of "I personally do not even wish for most of the SS to join" don't you understand.
My point exactly - you cannot WANT any group. It is not your place to determine their affairs. As you have decided not to be part of the Union against the wish of Nigeria, so shall Idoma, Igweocha, etc decide where they will belong. If they want Biafra, then all good - but you cannot WANT them.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Biafra - Igbos Not Prepared For Exit Now by Nobody: 8:22am On Dec 05, 2015
naijapips02:
[s][/s]

Yes Nigeria is preventing us with their policies.
Ask the govt why They fought Tinapa, why they rejected the proposed seaport in Port Hacourt, why they changed the building plan of IMSU from the New York replica to what it is today, why they refused to approve any refinery in Delta state and why they will rather bomb the illegal refineries even though Nigeria has none than approve then and impose tax, Ask the govt why they dismantled the 1st ICT center Gov. Sam Mbakwe built in Imo state in the name that it was a waste of money and nobody was using it and relocated it to Zaria.

The list is endless. I will just assume you are ignorant of all these cus I don't want to believe you know all these and still chose to speak against us.

7 Likes

Re: On Biafra - Igbos Not Prepared For Exit Now by Nobody: 8:24am On Dec 05, 2015
excel234:
Unfortunately, these SS guys takes your regionalism with a pinch of salt. They don't believe you. Nigeria state cannot stop Igbo nation from developing technologies / industries. It requires strategy - faithful elected candidates working with populace. Let our governor work our roads and not siphon the money. Build power plants, put them online and ask to be removed from failed national grid. Nobody can stop you if you have the right people in governance. With good transport system and power, industries will be attracted like ants to bees. Tax and revenue from the industries will surpass oil revenue. At this point SS will be less apprehensive to join our struggle. This is called strategy. Your elected right people will table these wishes to Nigeria state in a civilized manner. We should rather direct these protests to kick out wrong elected candidates or at least hold them accountable.

I do not want the SS in God's state if it were up to me

1 Like

Re: On Biafra - Igbos Not Prepared For Exit Now by Nobody: 8:25am On Dec 05, 2015
Bevista:
My point exactly - you cannot WANT any group. It is not your place to determine their affairs. As you have decided not to be part of the Union against the wish of Nigeria, so shall Idoma, Igweocha, etc decide where they will belong. If they want Biafra, then all good - but you cannot WANT them.

I WANT THEM!!! But its up to them to vote when the time is right. In the end, even the core igbo states will vote also.

2 Likes

Re: On Biafra - Igbos Not Prepared For Exit Now by naijapips02: 8:27am On Dec 05, 2015
Jazper:

Yes Nigeria is preventing us with their policies.
Ask the govt why They fought Tinapa, why they rejected the proposed seaport in Port Hacourt, why they changed the building plan of IMSU from the New York replica to what it is today, why they refused to approve any refinery in Delta state and why they will rather bomb the illegal refineries even though Nigeria has none than approve then and impose tax, Ask the govt why they dismantled the 1st ICT center Gov. Sam Mbakwe built in Imo state in the name that it was a waste of money and nobody was using it and relocated it to Zaria

Now by governement, i mean FEDERAL Governement. Seriously, what concerns the Nigrian state with the building pln of IMSU, a state university? Are you for real right now?? Is warri not in Delta state? Sister, is warri refinery not in Delta state?? What concerns federal government with an ICT centre built by a governor?

From all you've listed out, i can see that we igbos are our own worst enemies. All these acts that you listed were committed by our own folks....The same folks that would follow us to 'biafra'....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Biafra - Igbos Not Prepared For Exit Now by Nobody: 8:32am On Dec 05, 2015
naijapips02:

Now by governement, i mean FEDERAL Governement. Seriously, what concerns the Nigrian state with the building pln of IMSU, a state university? Are you for real right now?? Is warri not in Delta state? Sister, is warri refinery not in Delta state?? What concerns federal government with an ICT centre built by a governor?

From all you've listed out, i can see that we igbos are our own worst enemies. All these acts that you listed were committed by our own folks....The same folks that would follow us to 'biafra'....

That's my point exactly, the Fed Govt did it after the war. Go and read up what happened after the NO winner and NO Vanquished declaration.
Lai Lai. All these hypocritical politicians will be hanged upside down on their special cross when Biafra comes. Some of them may even have their compound fenced out of Biafra so they can be Nigeria annex grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: On Biafra - Igbos Not Prepared For Exit Now by Nobody: 8:34am On Dec 05, 2015
Jazper:

I do not want the SS in God's state if it were up to me
you're just being emotional.

2 Likes

Re: On Biafra - Igbos Not Prepared For Exit Now by Nobody: 8:36am On Dec 05, 2015
Jazper:

That's my point exactly, the Fed Govt did it after the war. Go and read up what happened after the NO winner and NO Vanquished declaration.
Lai Lai. All these hypocritical politicians will be hanged upside down on their special cross when Biafra comes. Some of them may even have their compound fenced out of Biafra so they can be Nigeria annex grin grin grin grin
if you guys continue this way, you will spoil everything for our people. I feel sorry for the very poor.
Re: On Biafra - Igbos Not Prepared For Exit Now by naijapips02: 8:37am On Dec 05, 2015
Jazper:

i am till trying to figure out how your brain works. So the federal government built IMSU, A state university?

What fencing? what stupiid hanging? So people like anyim pius that has being stealing the ebonyi people dry would be hanged? What are you smoking? Make i hear say Ebonyi people will let you touch him. This is why your dream biafra would be worst than South Sudan.

Zombies

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Biafra - Igbos Not Prepared For Exit Now by Nobody: 8:38am On Dec 05, 2015
excel234:
you're just being emotional.

97% of the men n planet earth think women are emotional. I think I'll pass

5 Likes

Re: On Biafra - Igbos Not Prepared For Exit Now by Nobody: 8:39am On Dec 05, 2015
excel234:
if you guys continue this way, you will spoil everything for our people. I feel sorry for the very poor.

I do not need to say it. They are a bit smart. they have figured it out themselves thats why they are giving the Anti-Biafran war all they have.

1 Like

Re: On Biafra - Igbos Not Prepared For Exit Now by Nobody: 8:40am On Dec 05, 2015
naijapips02:

i am till trying to figure out how your brain works. So the federal government built IMSU, A state university?

What fencing? what stupiid hanging? So people like anyim pius that has being stealing the ebonyi people dry would be hanged? What are you smoking? Make i hear say Ebonyi people will let you touch him. This is why your dream biafra would be worst than South Sudan.

Zombies

Same here, Im trying to figure out how you operate a computer and comment and yet dont understand what you are commenting on.
All I can say is wait and see.
Meanwhile, incase you haven't noticed, I have a very bad tongue just that I woke up on the right side of my bed.

Pretend to be civilized. Argue with facts not insults.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Biafra Protest/remembrance Day - Man Killed (graphic Photos And Live Updates) / Breaking News; Fighting In Mafara LGA Of Zamfara State. Religious Under Tone / Nigerians Have Been Charmed By Buhari...pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.