Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,630 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

How To Start A Successful Blog - Beginners Guild - 7 Easy Steps - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Start A Successful Blog - Beginners Guild - 7 Easy Steps (816 Views)

6 Tips For Building A Wildly Successful Blog In Nigeria / What Makes A Successful Blog? / Tips For Creating A Successful Blog/Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Start A Successful Blog - Beginners Guild - 7 Easy Steps by Betboss(m): 11:42am On Dec 05, 2015
Introduction

Blogging in the last decade has grown into a common culture for people to express their passion online .Across the world blogging has become a top necessity for business owners and the likes, which is why even more fortune 500 companies like The New York Times , use the blogging platform to keep up to date with their teaming audience. The frontrunners blogging platforms like live journal, gave blogging a boost and today the number of businesses using the blogging platforms and individual bloggers have continued to increase on a daily basis.

The blogging platform simply enables you to create and publish in real time user generated content. Before you start your new blog there are basic things you should know to help you start well, because most bloggers just jump into blogging without a clear cut ideology and defined goals. In the end they get stalked and feel the whole idea of blogging is another mirage that ends in futility.

Why Should I Start A Blog?

This is the first question every blogging enthusiasts should himself/herself.This will be the fuel that will keep you going even when no one is listening. There are so many reasons you should start a blog. It starts with what you want to share with the world. Yeah! that's the main essence of blogging, sharing valuable information is at the core of creating a successful blog. Below are a few reasons why you should start blog.

Create a blog for your existing business-:
You can start a blog for your existing or new business. This will help grow your business as you can build an audience of loyal customers through your blog.Which will help skyrocket sales of your products/services.

Share information with the world-:
You can share information with the world through your blog. Lots of prominent bloggers like Darren Rowse, Neil Patel and co are already doing this and are making money through sharing information on their blogs.

Express your passion-:
Not every blogger go into blogging with a business intent. Some people start a blog to keep dairy of what they love, their lifestyle , to express their passion.

What Should I Blog About?

To be frank with you blogging is only difficult and stressful for those who don't have a clear cut strategy and ideology on why they are blogging. Before starting your blog, you should know what you want to blog about otherwise you might end up abandoning your blog in less than four months. There are so many things you can blog about, for a business owner, you can start a blog to share information concerning and related to the products/service you offer.For blogging enthusiasts, you can blog about anything you have sound knowledge on.

How To Start A Blog

In the below steps I will elaborate further on how you can start your blog.

Step#1 - Identify Your Passion

Now we are fully ready to start our new blog, but then we should define what this new blog will be about. The simplest way to defining what your blog will be about is to identify your passion. Identifying your hubby will do the trick and just fine. Don't start by thinking of how much you want to make from your blog or how much you can make from your blog as it will mislead you to starting a blog solely on that idea and then when the money is not forth coming, you quit. If you love playing football, then you start a blog about football. If you love food, then you start a blog about food. So identify what you passionate about and you will be able to clearly define what your blog will be about. This Blog is about internet marketing, SEO and web development tips.

Step#2 - Choose A Niche

If you have successfully identified your passion, you can move over to the next step of choosing a niche for your blog. A niche simply is a position in a community/sector that perfectly suits your interest. For instance if your blog is about SEO , then you should choose a SEO niche. You can even dig further and choose a micro niche for your blog. A micro niche is generated by long tail keyword."Looking at the screenshot below you see the list of keywords searched on "Google.com .The main keyword searched here is "SEO" going further down the list you will see that "SEO training and "SEO services" are longtail keywords related to the keyword "SEO" .

You can therefore find a niche or micro niche by using "keyword research tools to find keywords and long tail keywords.

Step#3 - Choose A Domain Name

You will need a domain name for your new blog, a URL address through which people can reach your blog. Here are 5 tips on how to choose a good domain name. One you have chosen your domain name, we will go ahead to register it with a good web hosting company.

Step#4 - Buy Web Hosting Service

You will need web hosting for your blog where you will host your blog files. A good web hosting service
can really improve your blog success, so its important to make a good choice. Here are some good tips on choosing a good web hosting company for your blog.Here are a list of "best web hosting companies review.

Step#5 - Setup Your Blog

Let's setup our blog. Now that you have your domain name, bought a web hosting plan for your blog, its time to setup your blog. Here is a simple step-by-step guild on how to setup a SEO friendly blog. You can also order for one from me as well.

Step#6 - Add Contents

Once your blog is setup you can start adding contents to your blog. Here is how to write high quality contents for your blog. You should strive to create high quality contents as this will make your blog standout as a high authority blog.

Step#7 - Promote Your Blog.

Finally its time to promote your new blog. Your new blog has high quality contents,but no one knows we are here except search engine bots and other robots and a very
few traffic which comes from search engines. You need to promote your blog so that the world can know your blog is live. You can start promoting your blog by firstly writing "high quality content. This is basically the first thing you should do after setting up your blog. Another effective way to promote your blog is to broadcast your new blog by word of mouth, post on your social network profiles. Comment on popular blogs in your niche.By creating high quality SEO friendly contents and promoting your blog, you will increase website traffic and build a very loyal audience for your blog overtime.

Conclusion

Starting and turning your blog into a successful blog is easier when you have followed the gradual processes of setting up a blog inline with a clear cutout idea, plan and strategy.

From the source @ http://herokeys.com/article/how-to-start-a-successful-blog-beginners-guild-2015-7-easy-steps/
Re: How To Start A Successful Blog - Beginners Guild - 7 Easy Steps by Nobody: 11:59am On Dec 05, 2015
jazmiynne and amicable09 you are summoned... lol
Re: How To Start A Successful Blog - Beginners Guild - 7 Easy Steps by emmalexdboy(m): 12:47pm On Dec 05, 2015
nice one
Re: How To Start A Successful Blog - Beginners Guild - 7 Easy Steps by oglalasioux(m): 6:42am On Dec 06, 2015
Nice one
Re: How To Start A Successful Blog - Beginners Guild - 7 Easy Steps by Nobody: 1:11pm On Dec 06, 2015
Good one
Re: How To Start A Successful Blog - Beginners Guild - 7 Easy Steps by Betboss(m): 1:35pm On Dec 06, 2015
himkers:
Good one
cool
himkers:
Good one
Re: How To Start A Successful Blog - Beginners Guild - 7 Easy Steps by amicable09(f): 5:07pm On Dec 06, 2015
tollyB:
jazmiynne and amicable09 you are summoned...
lol
tollyB honey, here I am! Outline my offenses tongue
Re: How To Start A Successful Blog - Beginners Guild - 7 Easy Steps by Nobody: 6:48pm On Dec 06, 2015
amicable09:

tollyB honey, here I am! Outline my offenses tongue
Lol I wanted you to Check it out
Re: How To Start A Successful Blog - Beginners Guild - 7 Easy Steps by cyberwaver(m): 8:45pm On Dec 11, 2015
This cool post said a lot about starting your blogging career wit blogger owned by google as a beginner and the benefits atteched to it . here is the link==> http://addednew.com/reasons-why-you-should-start-blogging-with-blogger-as-a-beginner/

(1) (Reply)

Importanc Of Sitemaps / How Do I Host My Sales Page? / I Need Unspoken Wordpress Theme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.