Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,351 members, 7,815,715 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Top 5 States In Nigeria With The Most Vibrant Music Industry - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Top 5 States In Nigeria With The Most Vibrant Music Industry (41932 Views)

Director J .................... Young Vibrant Music Video Director / Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? / A Nairalander That Has Just Released A Gospel Album Needs A Vibrant Marketer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 5 States In Nigeria With The Most Vibrant Music Industry by Amacaco: 8:13pm On Dec 05, 2015
Is Abuja a State?
Re: Top 5 States In Nigeria With The Most Vibrant Music Industry by PLANETMARS(m): 8:15pm On Dec 05, 2015
Airforce1:

I'm not port hacourt based

Stop acting like a fool.

Youre an old man.
Respect yourself.
lol see why u no go blow? U dey insult ur fan! Too much altitude,dey dere dey jonze u go soon hit menopause. Oga blow naaaaaaaaa
Re: Top 5 States In Nigeria With The Most Vibrant Music Industry by goshen26: 8:16pm On Dec 05, 2015
waterhouse071:
what about Oyo

Fuji music cheesy
Re: Top 5 States In Nigeria With The Most Vibrant Music Industry by sampsondeen(m): 8:18pm On Dec 05, 2015
YuzedoWife:
5. in Nigeria.

Source : Me...

See mumu
Re: Top 5 States In Nigeria With The Most Vibrant Music Industry by LORDI(m): 8:19pm On Dec 05, 2015
Delta state should be on the list. yung6ix e.t.c
Re: Top 5 States In Nigeria With The Most Vibrant Music Industry by Skymiyke(f): 8:20pm On Dec 05, 2015
[quote author=Skanas post=40715383]#reppin042...#Enugumenstohbaddd...

Minyl OP... KD should be replaced with Jtown....you can't compare Jos and Kaduna when it comes to music...so pls replace ASAP....

#my2cents...[/quote So u c it!Smh!
Re: Top 5 States In Nigeria With The Most Vibrant Music Industry by LORDI(m): 8:22pm On Dec 05, 2015
Alezy:
Where is warri? ? the home of music and comedy??
Correct Guy.
thumbs up
Re: Top 5 States In Nigeria With The Most Vibrant Music Industry by echomog1: 8:23pm On Dec 05, 2015
Burnin kebbi grin
Re: Top 5 States In Nigeria With The Most Vibrant Music Industry by KoladeKoded(m): 8:25pm On Dec 05, 2015
Abi this OP is high on weed ni,,, whats abuja doing there
Re: Top 5 States In Nigeria With The Most Vibrant Music Industry by ALAYORMII: 8:50pm On Dec 05, 2015
oluface:
[size=20pt]i want to comment but i am shy.. can someone please tell me how to comment[/size]

Why shall you shy?

Are you not a people?

Even if you shall shy,
Shall you shy for us?
Re: Top 5 States In Nigeria With The Most Vibrant Music Industry by dollydolly(f): 8:51pm On Dec 05, 2015
Op your list is not totally complete if Enugu ranks higher than Jos, Plateau cos even Runtown is a Jos boy.
Re: Top 5 States In Nigeria With The Most Vibrant Music Industry by advocatebaba(m): 8:54pm On Dec 05, 2015
waterhouse071:
what about Oyo
THEN U R "ON YOUR OWN"
Re: Top 5 States In Nigeria With The Most Vibrant Music Industry by Muheee: 9:04pm On Dec 05, 2015
damton:
what if Ibadan,
The headquarters of Fuji Gabe.
Barrister, salawa abeni, osupa and the rest.
Is ibadan a state?
Re: Top 5 States In Nigeria With The Most Vibrant Music Industry by justmenoni: 9:08pm On Dec 05, 2015
Op is high on ijebu gegemu... What kind of music is op talking about, cos qualifying music in naija depends on where in naija u come from,I'm from oduduwa and I know we make some sweet music but I love and appreciate maduka Morocco, onyeka,even osuofia music's as well as some few Islamic hausa music.. Op relax and tell us how u arrive at ur decision oo
Re: Top 5 States In Nigeria With The Most Vibrant Music Industry by Afam4eva(m): 9:19pm On Dec 05, 2015
safarigirl:
Plateau produced P-Square too

And Enugu produced Stormrex
Enugu produced Obiwon and Waje.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 States In Nigeria With The Most Vibrant Music Industry by Afam4eva(m): 9:20pm On Dec 05, 2015
akatekpe:
Benue Fa? 2face, Blackface, Terry G, H.I 6 Foot plus, A-Jay, and many more
Did they start their music career in Benue? Some of you just like feigning ignorance.

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 States In Nigeria With The Most Vibrant Music Industry by Afam4eva(m): 9:21pm On Dec 05, 2015
musicwriter:

Owerri in Imo state is another city that have a vibrant music industry. I've listened to lots of music coming out of there and I think they have really good talented music producers over there. I think I'll be going there in the coming year to record one track of song. The problem in Nigerian music industry today though, is nobody seems to be a reggae producer anymore, because every musician now do azonto dance.
Why not name the musicians.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 States In Nigeria With The Most Vibrant Music Industry by Afam4eva(m): 9:23pm On Dec 05, 2015
dollydolly:
Op your list is not totally complete if Enugu ranks higher than Jos, Plateau cos even Runtown is a Jos boy.
Runtown is an Enugu guy. His career started from Enugu where he net the likes of Phyno whom they moved to Lagos together. Do your research.
Re: Top 5 States In Nigeria With The Most Vibrant Music Industry by damton(m): 9:39pm On Dec 05, 2015
Muheee:
Is ibadan a state?

Whether or not
Re: Top 5 States In Nigeria With The Most Vibrant Music Industry by martphreak(m): 9:39pm On Dec 05, 2015
Dis list is not complete without including d home base of top Nigerian artist....am talkin of no other place dan makurdi.....marktown is home to arist like 2baba...blackface, Da native, etc
Re: Top 5 States In Nigeria With The Most Vibrant Music Industry by Klinee: 9:45pm On Dec 05, 2015
akatekpe:
Benue Fa? 2face, Blackface, Terry G, H.I 6 Foot plus, A-Jay, and many more
they start from enugu nw
Re: Top 5 States In Nigeria With The Most Vibrant Music Industry by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 9:53pm On Dec 05, 2015
Afam4eva:

Enugu produced Obiwon and Waje.
2face started life in Enugu somewhat, he went to IMT
Re: Top 5 States In Nigeria With The Most Vibrant Music Industry by Afam4eva(m): 9:54pm On Dec 05, 2015
InyinyaAgbaOku:

2face started life in Enugu somewhat, he went to IMT
Yeah but I think he spent more time in Jos.
Re: Top 5 States In Nigeria With The Most Vibrant Music Industry by naijagobetter(m): 10:09pm On Dec 05, 2015
bros..! where kano now?
Re: Top 5 States In Nigeria With The Most Vibrant Music Industry by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 10:13pm On Dec 05, 2015
Afam4eva:

Yeah but I think he spent more time in Jos.
Yes
Re: Top 5 States In Nigeria With The Most Vibrant Music Industry by bamite(m): 10:20pm On Dec 05, 2015
Benue is tha bomb..
The father of naija new school 2baba and the likes of back face, terry g, endia, ferocious etc

1 Like

Re: Top 5 States In Nigeria With The Most Vibrant Music Industry by HugoChavezJr(m): 10:31pm On Dec 05, 2015
Ebayray:
Benin can neva be in dah list... Dy don swear for em... tongue.

Only Cynthia Morgan nd few become musicians. cheesy

Depends on the genre. Benin and Edo as a whole doesn't have many famous contemporary artists. But, the strong point is in blues music.
Re: Top 5 States In Nigeria With The Most Vibrant Music Industry by Nobody: 10:34pm On Dec 05, 2015
HugoChavezJr:

Depends on the genre. Benin and Edo as a whole doesn't have many famous contemporary artists. But, the strong point is in blues music.

. Lol, yeah.. Dy really don't...

Yes, esp. Benin dance - drama....
Re: Top 5 States In Nigeria With The Most Vibrant Music Industry by iyke2k4(m): 10:34pm On Dec 05, 2015
JTOWN after Eko.Even Eko isn`t complete without many Jtown men.
YuzedoWife:
5. Abuja

The FCT boasts one of the most vibrant music industries in the state and is home to quite a lot of top notch concerts and shows although most of its performing artistes are from other states. It boasts of been the base of top artistes like Tekno, Zdon etc before their move

4. Plateau

Plateau is another vibrant northern state which takes a fore place when it comes to the affairs of a musical industry in Nigeria. Despite the violence in recent times prevalent in the state, it has been no excuse for avoidance of concerts, gigs and music all round in this state which boasts of talented artistes and is notable for having produced ice Prince, M.I, Jesse Jagz and still boasts of talented upcoming acts like Marcel Rhymes in recent times. J-Town is musically carried!

3. Port Harcourt

This city's music industry has contributed an influx of artistes into the Lagos scene and such artistes in this case include Timaya, Burna Boy, Mr 2kay etc. It is a city that boasts of a very electrifying nightlife and plays host to quite a number of good concerts and the music industry boasts of top talented acts like duncan Mighty, Knowledge, Bukwild, Andy Blaze, Mr Robinson etc.

2. Enugu

This eastern city has the 2nd most vibrant music industry in the country and this is evident also in the role it has played in the nurturing of top Igbo talents in the Nigerian music scene like illBliss, Phno, Flavour, Runtown etc. Currently it still plays host to top acts like Bosalin, Slow Dogg and gets a respectable amount of concerts in the country.

1. Lagos

"If you don blow here, you don blow for the whole naija"
This statement is all you have to hear to understand why Lagos is number one. The Music industry without Lagos is dead in Nigeria, it is the base of all artistes who want to be known nationwide and has bred too many top acts in the country. The biggest shows, awards and trends happen here and it is the number 1 musically vibrant state in Nigeria.

Source : Me...

Re: Top 5 States In Nigeria With The Most Vibrant Music Industry by akatekpe(m): 10:40pm On Dec 05, 2015
Klinee:
they start from enugu nw
That is not true.. 2face started from MSG Makurdi and later Otukpo where he was then known as " Ini Rap", Black Face also started there before he went to Enugu
Re: Top 5 States In Nigeria With The Most Vibrant Music Industry by HugoChavezJr(m): 10:41pm On Dec 05, 2015
The Middle Belt should be up there. The region has produces guys like Gyang, Zule Zoo, 2Face, Ice Prince, MI, Hesse Jagz and others.
Re: Top 5 States In Nigeria With The Most Vibrant Music Industry by akatekpe(m): 10:51pm On Dec 05, 2015
Afam4eva:

Did they start their music career in Benue? Some of you just like feigning ignorance.
Kindly tell me where they started you that know? Most of u come to know about them after they became made, we r talking about where they started,2face started as " Ini Rap" in Otukpo Benue state..search for him anywhere u can find him and interview him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Songs Make You Cry?! / Download Dj Khaled Ft Rihanna & Bryson Tiller - Wild Thoughts / Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.