Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

Buhari: Why I Sent Obasanjo To Guinea-Bissau - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: Why I Sent Obasanjo To Guinea-Bissau (38043 Views)

Fayose Wants Obasanjo To Refund The N10m Donation He Made Towards His Library / Olusegun Obasanjo To Folorunsho Alakija: 'Madam, I Made You A Billionaire' / Buhari Picks Obasanjo As 'Envoy' To Guinea-Bissau (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari: Why I Sent Obasanjo To Guinea-Bissau by emamos: 4:26pm On Dec 05, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari on Saturday paid a glowing tribute to former President Olusegun Obasanjo, saying he has a strong commitment to Nigeria and Africa.

He said that was why he decided to enlist the former President’s assistance to mediate in the political crisis in Guinea Bissau.
A statement by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, quoted the President as speaking during an audience he granted to the President of Guinea Bissau, Mr. Jose Mario Bavz, at the sidelines of the Summit of the Forum on China-Africa Cooperation in Johannesburg, South Africa.

“I sent President Olusegun Obasanjo because he is the only person living or dead that has ruled Nigeria for 11 years. I served under him as a military Head of State. He has a strong commitment to Nigeria and Africa. That was why I looked for him and asked him to collaborate with President Macky Sall of Senegal to stabilise the situation of Guinea Bissau,” the President was quoted as saying.

While appreciating Bavz’s appreciation for Nigeria’s support during the crisis in his country, Buhari told his guest that the “least Nigeria could do is what we did to stabilise your country. You can count on our support at all times.”

Bavz had said he came to thank the President for everything Nigeria has been doing for his country, adding that he has been looking forward to such an opportunity.

“I am not in a position to assist you but I pray for you every day. I want to take you as my big brother and share from your experience,” he said.

While thanking the Nigerian leader for sending former President Obasanjo as a Special Envoy to restore peace to his country recently, the Guinea Bissau leader also noted that “Nigeria is part of the solution and stability” of his country

http://www.punchng.com/?p=13189

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Why I Sent Obasanjo To Guinea-Bissau by bamite(m): 4:29pm On Dec 05, 2015
When we say we are the giant of africa some south africans will be going green out of envy and bad belle angry our problem is some of this unscrupulous elements parading themselves as ipod giving us a bad image as been un united when we are supposed to be setting an example to the rest of the world how to coexist together as different people angry

83 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Why I Sent Obasanjo To Guinea-Bissau by praxisnetworks: 4:37pm On Dec 05, 2015
Kyase:
Obj the strong one
The one who defeated the biafrans grin
Always relevant.
Y stoke embers of discord and division?
Can't your brain process information normally?

164 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari: Why I Sent Obasanjo To Guinea-Bissau by Kyase(m): 4:39pm On Dec 05, 2015
praxisnetworks:

Y stoke embers of discord and division?
We asked them to embrace a united Nigeria but they said.
Biafra or I die.
So I'm giving them what they want

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: Why I Sent Obasanjo To Guinea-Bissau by Idiataqueen(f): 4:52pm On Dec 05, 2015
Anyway it's not my business.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Why I Sent Obasanjo To Guinea-Bissau by PRYCE(m): 4:59pm On Dec 05, 2015
Buhari the Latest OBJ Ass_licker!

Wait, Seems Buhari's heeded OBJ 'Fûck off' warning.... Na so General too dey fear?

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Why I Sent Obasanjo To Guinea-Bissau by Opinedecandid(m): 5:05pm On Dec 05, 2015
Why wont you praise him, simply because he jumped the ship to support you. Nonsense!

Nigeria's third term loser who lacks respect both at home ( ie, in his family) and abroad ( ie, in the whole Nigeria).

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari: Why I Sent Obasanjo To Guinea-Bissau by kunzo: 5:11pm On Dec 05, 2015
So Buhari is representing obj

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Why I Sent Obasanjo To Guinea-Bissau by sammyj: 5:16pm On Dec 05, 2015
Ok
Re: Buhari: Why I Sent Obasanjo To Guinea-Bissau by M0GIDI: 5:22pm On Dec 05, 2015
The only thing OBJ is committed to is himself, any man who sleeps with his son's wife deserves no national or international engagement.

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari: Why I Sent Obasanjo To Guinea-Bissau by ghostdvirus(m): 9:56am On Dec 06, 2015
Ebora owu funra eee

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Why I Sent Obasanjo To Guinea-Bissau by bettercreature(m): 9:57am On Dec 06, 2015
He probably went there to discourse Biafraish
Re: Buhari: Why I Sent Obasanjo To Guinea-Bissau by Sweetguy25: 9:58am On Dec 06, 2015
The question is - Did he rule Nigeria well or was he one of those who destroyed the country? Useless people

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: Why I Sent Obasanjo To Guinea-Bissau by goodlifehyd(m): 9:58am On Dec 06, 2015
The only Irunmole of Africa, wished Obj really had Nigeria in his mind for real, Nigeria wont be in its present situation. For 8 good years he would have done something really tangible to hold on to. Even if it was fixing just electricity.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari: Why I Sent Obasanjo To Guinea-Bissau by timilehing(m): 9:58am On Dec 06, 2015
Re: Buhari: Why I Sent Obasanjo To Guinea-Bissau by vedaxcool(m): 9:59am On Dec 06, 2015
Wailers incorporated will hate this news

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: Why I Sent Obasanjo To Guinea-Bissau by mccoy47(m): 9:59am On Dec 06, 2015
Kyase:

Biafra or I die.
So many stupid people roaming the streets! angry

18 Likes

Re: Buhari: Why I Sent Obasanjo To Guinea-Bissau by slap1(m): 9:59am On Dec 06, 2015
Kyase:

Biafra or I die.

Who is 'we'? Come to Onitsha and talk to them na.

25 Likes

Re: Buhari: Why I Sent Obasanjo To Guinea-Bissau by stag: 9:59am On Dec 06, 2015
Patronizing.
Re: Buhari: Why I Sent Obasanjo To Guinea-Bissau by clevadani: 9:59am On Dec 06, 2015
I dont like Obj but cant deny d fact that he can destroy PNB's presidency if not handled with care.
He had d chance to make Naija gr8 but he blew it. Then he tried to become life president b4 installing a stooge who everyone knew was not gonna survive.
All these didn't annoy me until he brought in a incompetently corrupt weakling who could nt control even his wife to govern us.
Inspite of all these, there is a reason he is d only surviving child of his parents.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Why I Sent Obasanjo To Guinea-Bissau by Saheed9: 10:00am On Dec 06, 2015
Ebora owu himself

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Why I Sent Obasanjo To Guinea-Bissau by Kyase(m): 10:01am On Dec 06, 2015
slap1:

Who is 'we'? Come to Onitsha and talk to them na.
I dey craze ne

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: Why I Sent Obasanjo To Guinea-Bissau by Goshkid22: 10:02am On Dec 06, 2015
Obj baba

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Buhari: Why I Sent Obasanjo To Guinea-Bissau by Icecomrade: 10:03am On Dec 06, 2015
D

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Niger Republic Celebrates Buhari’s 76th Birthday (Photos) / Rivers Lawmakers Serve Impeachment Notice On Gov Fubara / President Buhari Vs El-rufai: Caption This Photo After Their Meeting Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.