Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,997 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:22 PM

What Is The Percent Of Non-hausa Speaking Fulanis That Only Speak Fulfulde - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Is The Percent Of Non-hausa Speaking Fulanis That Only Speak Fulfulde (10677 Views)

The Killing Of Fulanis In Numan, Adamawa Would Not Go Unpunished - Sultan / Igbo Speaking Communities In Kogi State / Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria, The Fulanis (fulbe) Or The Igbos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Percent Of Non-hausa Speaking Fulanis That Only Speak Fulfulde by tobtap: 4:04pm On Dec 06, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:

Then dont speak to what you dont know if you are not from there or understand the cultural perspectives of the information you are sharing with us.

First, did you conduct a headcount or how did you arrive at this ya 70%, mr english esquire? How many days nd nights did you live amongst people of bani to arrive at this conclusion that fulani is tje majority of the town in count and tongue?

Second, do you understand how Yorubas set up urban centers? Apparently you dont! If Moro is the LGA, then administratively it will equate to a political district or domain. Bani is then a sub of Moro. Moro could very well have an Oba...but Bani will have a Baale, not an Oba. Still, it does not give legitimacy to your spurious claim of a 70% majority in fulani.

You see why I would wonder that Bani would have Oba nd speak fulani as major lnguage?

grin. Dude, im in touch and intimate wih english lnguage..,,,,you mr, need to undersynd thoroughly the functions of the society you are educating people about.

Tu comprehend? grin grin
dude...u are still saying rubbish...i went to bani...DID U VISIT BANI? so u obviously ranting.... no one is claiming the fulanis own bani or moro LGA ...wat i said is dat from wat i saw with my eyes and my interaction with my host in the town who is fulani..i came to that conclusion...because everyone in that town that i saw that day looks (bororo) and seems not to understand yoruba...they showed me the palace and the fulani guy said the their king is yoruba... i dont know the history of bani or which ethnic group founded it...it most likely was founded by yorubas going by the monarchy of the town... since u refuse to understand wat i have posted earlier....i still stand by wat i said,wich is most of the resident of that town when i visited the place are fulanis and they dont speak or understand yoruba... it is quite unique becos it was surrounded by other yoruba villages and towns.....since MORO LGA is a yoruba lga...the area is even within the old oyo nature reserve...or atleast we passed thru there on our way... like i said..u can visit and observe....cheers
Re: What Is The Percent Of Non-hausa Speaking Fulanis That Only Speak Fulfulde by Nobody: 4:12pm On Dec 06, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:

So how then does Kwara become fulani native land? Is Kwara Adamawa or Gombe?
They have as much right as any person there to call it their land.

You see why im upset with my brothers and sistets who keep quiet nd watch you cow herders steal their legcy?

Please explain wjat part of Kwara, as claimed in that refetenced post, fulani is native to. If you cant do that please back down and bow down. Im not going to give you an inch to come here with illogical bs and claim Kwara as your native land or domain. grin
what referenced post?

All fulani, pay attention! This is OPC, you need to get some gaddem semse and speak logically when regerencing any part of Yorubalnd. Say what you want bout your enclave up thete in Hausaland. Yorubaland is not your playground. Ya heard?
Lol! stfu terrorist!
Re: What Is The Percent Of Non-hausa Speaking Fulanis That Only Speak Fulfulde by OPCNAIRALAND: 4:22pm On Dec 06, 2015
tobtap:

dude...u are still saying rubbish...i went to bani...DID U VISIT BANI? so u obviously ranting.... no one is claiming the fulanis own bani or moro LGA ...wat i said is dat from wat i saw with my eyes and my interaction with my host in the town who is fulani..i came to that conclusion...because everyone in that town that i saw that day looks (bororo) and seems not to understand yoruba...they showed me the palace and the fulani guy said the their king is yoruba... i dont know the history of bani or which ethnic group founded it...it most likely was founded by yorubas going by the monarchy of the town... since u refuse to understand wat i have posted earlier....i still stand by wat i said,wich is most of the resident of that town when i visited the place are fulanis and they dont speak or understand yoruba... it is quite unique becos it was surrounded by other yoruba villages and towns.....since MORO LGA is a yoruba lga...the area is even within the old oyo nature reserve...or atleast we passed thru there on our way... like i said..u can visit and observe....cheers

What you say here is completely different from previous claim. Now you are telling us you dont know, you were told.

You have gone from. your confident claim of 70% are fulani to now saying the ones you saw are fulani andspeak fulani. Is it possible if the whole town were gathered your initial impression might change?
Re: What Is The Percent Of Non-hausa Speaking Fulanis That Only Speak Fulfulde by OPCNAIRALAND: 4:30pm On Dec 06, 2015
MorrowCaligari:

They have as much right as any person there to call it their land.

what referenced post?

Lol! stfu terrorist!

I see, it is evident now where your ignorance is coming from. You think you can relocate from Adamawa mountains in Cameroon to Kwara and automatically you are native and have right to graze cow on farms.

Yeah im here to terrorize you. Let me hear another lies come from you and directed to my land....
Re: What Is The Percent Of Non-hausa Speaking Fulanis That Only Speak Fulfulde by tobtap: 5:20pm On Dec 06, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:

What you say here is completely different from previous claim. Now you are telling us you dont know, you were told.

You have gone from. your confident claim of 70% are fulani to now saying the ones you saw are fulani andspeak fulani. Is it possible if the whole town were gathered your initial impression might change?
if u say so...it seems u cant comprehend what i wrote...it my opinion and it a fact.... visit bani and then i will respect ur opinion after ur visit.. cheers
Re: What Is The Percent Of Non-hausa Speaking Fulanis That Only Speak Fulfulde by macof(m): 5:42pm On Dec 06, 2015
tobtap:

dude y d insults...am not even fulani...i neva said fulani or hausa languages are lingua franca in kwara state...YORUBA is spoken generally even by the minorities(nupe,bariba and fulani).. i guess u must have problem understanding basic english...i dare u to visit the bani town in moro LGA and see for ur sef.... so i will repeat what i have said earlier... 70% of the inhabitants of the town are bororos(fulanis) and they dont understand yoruba or speak yoruba.....but thier king is yoruba (OBA) ...cheers
I have one problem with this tho..I don't quite understand what you're saying

Is it that the 70% fulani in Bani are natives or settlers? One thing, it's hard to believe bororo nomads and a yoruba man of nobility found an empty land and decided to set up a town together. And how come they don't speak yoruba but only fulfude?
Anyway, many don't count moro lga as part of Yorubaland. .but we seem to have many Obas there
Re: What Is The Percent Of Non-hausa Speaking Fulanis That Only Speak Fulfulde by macof(m): 5:53pm On Dec 06, 2015
MorrowCaligari:

Lol! Okay, but it is interesting how the Fulbe of Kwara speak Yoruba fluently, it was almost like a magic trick, but I think there were some yoruba's amongst them. Possibly assimilated into the Fulbe culture.

undecided What's magical about fulbes speaking yoruba? The Senate President, Bukola Saraki, a yoruba man of fulani origins speaks yoruba and doesn't speak fulfude, no yoruba assimilation into fulbe culture necessary cus fulbe culture is almost dead in Kwara, it's the recent nomad settlers that try to keep it alive

1 Like

Re: What Is The Percent Of Non-hausa Speaking Fulanis That Only Speak Fulfulde by Fulaman198(m): 6:12pm On Dec 06, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:

I notice how often you throw it out that you are a Nigerian. Im beginning to wonder if you are not one of these neighbouring country hausa or fulani speaker who blend in and claim Nigerian citizenship.

If you are indeed Nigerian of what use is it to remind us?

Nigga, are you truly a Nigerian

I'm from a distant planet, happy now angry ?
Re: What Is The Percent Of Non-hausa Speaking Fulanis That Only Speak Fulfulde by Nobody: 6:15pm On Dec 06, 2015
macof:

undecided What's magical about fulbes speaking yoruba? The Senate President, Bukola Saraki, a yoruba man of fulani origins speaks yoruba and doesn't speak fulfude, no yoruba assimilation into fulbe culture necessary cus fulbe culture is almost dead in Kwara, it's the recent nomad settlers that try to keep it alive

okay. im just saying its weird for me, it was like seeing a yoruba man speaking fluent russian. i get where youre coming from.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Percent Of Non-hausa Speaking Fulanis That Only Speak Fulfulde by tobtap: 6:17pm On Dec 06, 2015
macof:

I have one problem with this tho..I don't quite understand what you're saying

Is it that the 70% fulani in Bani are natives or settlers? One thing, it's hard to believe bororo nomads and a yoruba man of nobility found an empty land and decided to set up a town together. And how come they don't speak yoruba but only fulfude?
Anyway, many don't count moro lga as part of Yorubaland. .but we seem to have many Obas there
like i have said earlier macof.... i visited bani (am not from the place) tru-out my stay der,most of the people i saw were fulanis ( whether they are settlers or natives) i dont know...but most of the residents were fulanis...my fulani host told me the king of the town is yoruba... that is all i know...cheers
Re: What Is The Percent Of Non-hausa Speaking Fulanis That Only Speak Fulfulde by tobtap: 6:23pm On Dec 06, 2015
macof:

there is no dominant fulani culture in kwara...it is always convienient for the saraki family to claim part-fulani to gain favours from the ruling fulani powers of northern nigeria... olusola saraki mother is from saki,his wife (bukola mum) is from owo,ondo state... bukola saraki married a yoruba wife(nee ojora) all his kids bear yoruba names...bukola saraki is fully yoruba...just claiming a (disputed) fulani history from MALI... cheers
Re: What Is The Percent Of Non-hausa Speaking Fulanis That Only Speak Fulfulde by Fulaman198(m): 6:24pm On Dec 06, 2015
scholes0:

I Know what the question is.
Just rendering my own contribution based on previous submissions,,, Mr MarrowCaligari

Watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1VFi3p55BM

At the very beginning of the video, the song included, it's in Fulfulde. Towards the ending, they spoke Yoruba.
Re: What Is The Percent Of Non-hausa Speaking Fulanis That Only Speak Fulfulde by Fulaman198(m): 6:26pm On Dec 06, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:

I see, it is evident now where your ignorance is coming from. You think you can relocate from Adamawa mountains in Cameroon to Kwara and automatically you are native and have right to graze cow on farms.

Yeah im here to terrorize you. Let me hear another lies come from you and directed to my land....

Na wa for you o
Re: What Is The Percent Of Non-hausa Speaking Fulanis That Only Speak Fulfulde by Fulaman198(m): 6:28pm On Dec 06, 2015
tobtap:

I'm curious to know what title the king goes by, is it Lamido (Lam6e for plural)? That's the title we use in Fulfulde, whereas Hausa use Sarki (or Sarakuna for plural). I believe that Yoruba society uses Oba right? So is the kings title Oba in Kwara?
Re: What Is The Percent Of Non-hausa Speaking Fulanis That Only Speak Fulfulde by Nobody: 6:31pm On Dec 06, 2015
tobtap:

there is no dominant fulani culture in kwara...it is always convienient for the saraki family to claim part-fulani to gain favours from the ruling fulani powers of northern nigeria... olusola saraki mother is from saki,his wife (bukola mum) is from owo,ondo state... bukola saraki married a yoruba wife(nee ojora) all his kids bear yoruba names...bukola saraki is fully yoruba...just claiming a (disputed) fulani history from MALI... cheers

Well, I dont think just calling yourself that will help you gain any favours. To the fulanis in the north, he's just another Yoruba man. And I don't think you have to be of northern ethnic stock to gain political favour from the North.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Percent Of Non-hausa Speaking Fulanis That Only Speak Fulfulde by tobtap: 6:38pm On Dec 06, 2015
Fulaman198:

I'm curious to know what title the king goes by, is it Lamido (Lam6e for plural)? That's the title we use in Fulfulde, whereas Hausa use Sarki (or Sarakuna for plural). I believe that Yoruba society uses Oba right? So is the kings title Oba in Kwara?
yes... the king is called oba... in all the yoruba communities in kwara state with the exception of ilorin ...they all use the OBA title... even the ilorin locals call the emir ...OBA...the market around the palace is oja-oba and all the important 1st class chiefs are all called BALOGUNS in ilorin ...even the emir was name kolapo by his father... cheers

1 Like

Re: What Is The Percent Of Non-hausa Speaking Fulanis That Only Speak Fulfulde by Fulaman198(m): 6:41pm On Dec 06, 2015
tobtap:

yes... the king is called oba... in all the yoruba communities in kwara state with the exception of ilorin ...they all use the OBA title... cheers

Thank you for clarifying. I'll one of these days pay a visit to Bani.
Re: What Is The Percent Of Non-hausa Speaking Fulanis That Only Speak Fulfulde by OPCNAIRALAND: 8:01pm On Dec 06, 2015
Fulaman198:

I'm from a distant planet, happy now angry ?

What planet is that? Pack yoir cows, you are herding them back there. I hope they grow corn on that planet for them to destroy.

Rascal!
Re: What Is The Percent Of Non-hausa Speaking Fulanis That Only Speak Fulfulde by Fulaman198(m): 8:25pm On Dec 06, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:

What planet is that? Pack yoir cows, you are herding them back there. I hope they grow corn on that planet for them to destroy.

Rascal!

You no too get sense, what's the matter with you? How old are you? 12?
Re: What Is The Percent Of Non-hausa Speaking Fulanis That Only Speak Fulfulde by OPCNAIRALAND: 8:25pm On Dec 06, 2015
macof:

Exactly! These guys parade fulani around as if they are some machiavellian or something.

Macof, are you following the Dasuki case as is unravelling? Trucks after trucks loaded with weapons...guns, ammo... cleared through customs and made its way into the interior of Nigeria. We didn't know where they went but now its becoming clear. We are almost discovering where and how fulani got weapon and why they are the only ethnic group privileged, without licence or need for accountability, to carry and use it on other nigerians. We are almost as well discovering where bokoharam gets its weapons.

These behind the scene empowerement has emboldened these rifftaffs like fulaman and caligari to hold themselves as some special class of nigerians.

Beside jihad what accomplishments can we point and credit to fulani in Africa? None! A tribe carries blood and trrrorism as its pride and right to elite class of society. What a shame!

Its good to understand fulani or hausa language, howelse can we infiltrate their ranks and correct their bs.....but to carry that knoeledge or association as a badge of honor as people like saraki do is warped. It further emboldens these mofos into thinking they own our space.
Re: What Is The Percent Of Non-hausa Speaking Fulanis That Only Speak Fulfulde by Fulaman198(m): 8:28pm On Dec 06, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:

Exactly! These guys parade fulani around as if they are some machiavellian or something.

Macof, are you following the Dasuki case as is unravelling? Trucks after trucks loaded with weapons...guns, ammo... cleared through customs and made its way into the interior of Nigeria. We didn't know where they went but now its becoming clear. We are almost discovering where and how fulani got weapon and why they are the only ethnic group privileged, without licence or need for accountability, to carry and use it on other nigerians. We are almost as well discovering where bokoharam gets its weapons.

These behind the scene empowerement has emboldened these rifftaffs like fulaman and caligari to hold themselves as some special class of nigerians.

Beside jihad what accomplishments can we point and credit to fulani in Africa? None! A tribe carries blood and trrrorism as its pride and right to elite class of society. What a shame!

Its good to understand fulani or hausa language, howelse can we infiltrate their ranks and correct their bs.....but to carry that knoeledge or association as a badge of honor as people like saraki do is warped. It further emboldens these mofos into thinking they own our space.

Look at this bigoted mor.onic f00l. You do realise that Dasuki's call for arrest was initiated by Buhari.....What do you think Buhari is ethnically speaking. You sound like a complete imb3cile. Does your brain have fecal matter or something?
Re: What Is The Percent Of Non-hausa Speaking Fulanis That Only Speak Fulfulde by Fulaman198(m): 9:45pm On Dec 06, 2015
^in any case to everyone else, pardon me for stooping to the same level of immaturity and anger as the guy I was verbally addressing. Please let us continue this mature, adult conversation in fashion. Good evening to all

1 Like

Re: What Is The Percent Of Non-hausa Speaking Fulanis That Only Speak Fulfulde by OPCNAIRALAND: 10:50pm On Dec 06, 2015
Fulaman198:

Look at this bigoted mor.onic f00l. You do realise that Dasuki's call for arrest was initiated by Buhari.....What do you think Buhari is ethnically speaking. You sound like a complete imb3cile. Does your brain have fecal matter or something?

How does that explain away the atrocity of fulani or the connivance by financiers and ennablers that want to forcefully install cow herders as a deadly and brutal ethnic corps for whipping the rest of society into submissiin for the grand plan of fulani to acquire Nigeria as an Imperial front? Can Buhari stop the terrorists, whether boko or fulani?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Percent Of Non-hausa Speaking Fulanis That Only Speak Fulfulde by OPCNAIRALAND: 10:52pm On Dec 06, 2015
Fulaman198:
^in any case to everyone else, pardon me for stooping to the same level of immaturity and anger as the guy I was verbally addressing. Please let us continue this mature, adult conversation in fashion. Good evening to all

You have dropped low already with your comments. You now have to climb out by answering my charges against fulani, which you are a member of.
Re: What Is The Percent Of Non-hausa Speaking Fulanis That Only Speak Fulfulde by Fulaman198(m): 12:13am On Dec 07, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:

How does that explain away the atrocity of fulani or the connivance by financiers and ennablers that want to forcefully install cow herders as a deadly and brutal ethnic corps for whipping the rest of society into submissiin for the grand plan of fulani to acquire Nigeria as an Imperial front? Can Buhari stop the terrorists, whether boko or fulani?

This is not the politics section you naïve (I won't even bother).

I'm beginning to think that you are not even Yoruba but an agent of the west seeking to divide beautiful Nigeria.
Re: What Is The Percent Of Non-hausa Speaking Fulanis That Only Speak Fulfulde by OPCNAIRALAND: 1:48am On Dec 07, 2015
Fulaman198:

This is not the politics section you naïve (I won't even bother).

I'm beginning to think that you are not even Yoruba but an agent of the west seeking to divide beautiful Nigeria.

grin grin
Ardo, jam noy

Mtcchew....ill catch you in politics section.
Re: What Is The Percent Of Non-hausa Speaking Fulanis That Only Speak Fulfulde by Nobody: 4:33am On Dec 07, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:

I have concluded that you're just suffering from some sort of inferiority complex. Adios muchacho.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Percent Of Non-hausa Speaking Fulanis That Only Speak Fulfulde by tarano: 4:56am On Dec 07, 2015
The Fulani are very good at assimilating other people's culture. The ladies speaking Yoruba probably stayed some time in Ilorin town. It is not only in Nigeria the fulanis do that every where.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Percent Of Non-hausa Speaking Fulanis That Only Speak Fulfulde by Fulaman198(m): 6:03am On Dec 07, 2015
tarano:
The Fulani are very good at assimilating other people's culture. The ladies speaking Yoruba probably stayed some time in Ilorin town. It is not only in Nigeria the fulanis do that every where.

True, it's the same case in Mali where you have the Wasulu/Wassolou where they speak a Mande language similar to Bamankan (Bambara).
Re: What Is The Percent Of Non-hausa Speaking Fulanis That Only Speak Fulfulde by Fulaman198(m): 6:03am On Dec 07, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:

grin grin
Ardo, jam noy

Mtcchew....ill catch you in politics section.

Fulfulde fail
Re: What Is The Percent Of Non-hausa Speaking Fulanis That Only Speak Fulfulde by kaura5000: 10:02am On Dec 07, 2015
Please fulaman do you know the meaning of the word ganguwa or gangua? In peul
Re: What Is The Percent Of Non-hausa Speaking Fulanis That Only Speak Fulfulde by GorkoSusaay: 2:50pm On Dec 08, 2015
Pullo Ngirlaajo from Senegal here. Don't speak Hausa, but would like to smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is So Special About D Gizzard Of The Chicken In Igbo Land. / The Norm Is Not Always Normal / Great Nupe Proverbs And Their Meanings!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.