Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,147 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi Governorship Election - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi Governorship Election (49846 Views)

Isaac Alfa Wins Kogi East Senatorial Rerun Election / Abubakar Audu Wins Kogi Governorship Election / Some Kogi Governorship Election Result 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi Governorship Election by cktheluckyman: 6:38am On Dec 06, 2015
Abegi who is the deputy Governor-elect? This Bello's mandate is as strong as a mud house built on top of water!! I give him six months max and he would have been booted out by the courts!!

3 Likes

Re: Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi Governorship Election by takedat(m): 6:41am On Dec 06, 2015
PassingShot:

Do you know about how Amaechi became governor of Rivers state?
Do you know that the electoral act has been amended after the supreme court judgment that a candidate must partake in all the processes. Did Bello partake in the process that brought in the 240,000 or more votes in the November elections? Does bringing in merely 7000 votes out of 247000 votes mean one has taken part in all the stages. Isn't voting in itself a process?

5 Likes

Re: Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi Governorship Election by patimore: 6:47am On Dec 06, 2015
So only 15000 people voted? Inec just wasted money for notin

1 Like

Re: Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi Governorship Election by PassingShot(m): 6:49am On Dec 06, 2015
takedat:
I beg top disagree with you. Faleke can claim the supplementary election that brought Bello in is null and void since he has written to INEC and APC to remove his name as a deputy governorship candidate for the supplementary election. INEC and the APC cannot force a candidate to run in an election, and since one cannot run in an election without a complete ticket it makes the election null and void.
I don't know the position of our law on the running mate especially how a running mate can be substituted. Did Faleke meet the requirements to have his name removed? Did APC eventually succeed in replacing him with another's? I don't know much about these.

Faleke can dispute INEC's claim based on the PVC's distributed and the difference between the votes of Audu/Faleke's and Wada's. Yes, the electoral act only recognises the registered voters but Faleke's legal team will challenge INEC to explain who is a 'Qualified Voter' on an election day. If INEC's argument only supports 'registered voters and not of the use of PVC's, INEC would have shot itself in the leg meaning that elections conducted using PVC's are meaningless and unconstitutional and as such INEC cannot force the electorates to produce a PVC before voting since what they recognize is the registered voters only.
In real sense, Audu had won before his death. But in legal sense, the Electoral Act must be complied with and it's the reason INEC couldn't have done otherwise. If INEC had announced Audu as the winner, PDP and other parties would have won in courts and a new election would have been ordered. It's same thing that happened in Imo state in April when Okorocha could not be declared despite unassailable lead based on PVCs collected. So, the issue of "Qualified voters" will not even need to be entertained because it's not what the Electoral Act considered in submitting that a winner cannot emerge in an election if the margin between the leading candidate is not up to the number of registered voters in that election. The Electoral Act could have as well said "qualified voters" instead of "registered voters". Hope you get my point.

Thirdly, can you claim Bello has fulfilled all the constitutional requirements? Did Bello take part in the more than 2,500 polling units where elections were concluded in November? Isn't that part of the constitutional requirement?
According to the laws, yes Bello has fulfilled all requirements. He didn't participate in the earlier round because someone else was duly representing his party APC. The constitution and our Electoral Act recognize the party more than the candidate. Votes are recorded for parties and not the candidate per se. This was the position of the Supreme Court in Amaechi's case who didn't campaign or have his name on the ballot paper but was declared winner and became governor.

Lastly, when the returning officer for the elections was returning Bello as the winner, didn't he say 'Alhaji Yahya Bello of the APC haven pulled the highest number of votes and satisfied all constitutional requirements is thereby returned elected'? Did Yahya Bello in actual sense pull the highest number of votes?
I have answered this earlier. He, in the eyes of the law, has fulfilled all requirements. Audu represented APC, got the job done to a stage before his demise. Bello was duly nominated as his replacement, completed the task. It's a process which doesn't get truncated because of unavoidable absence of a person. So, APC/INEC will win in courts.

5 Likes

Re: Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi Governorship Election by thirty(m): 6:51am On Dec 06, 2015
Congratulation to you, Gov Bello
Re: Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi Governorship Election by cktheluckyman: 6:53am On Dec 06, 2015
PassingShot:

I don't know the position of our law on the running mate especially how a running mate can be substituted. Did Faleke meet the requirements to have his name removed? Did APC eventually succeed in replacing him with another's? I don't know much about these.

In real sense, Audu had won before his death. But in legal sense, the Electoral Act must be complied with and it's the reason INEC couldn't have done otherwise. If INEC had announced Audu as the winner, PDP and other parties would have won in courts and a new election would have been ordered. It's same thing that happened in Imo state in April when Okorocha could not be declared despite unassailable lead based on PVCs collected. So, the issue of "Qualified voters" will not even need to be entertained because it's not what the Electoral Act considered in submitting that a winner cannot emerge in an election if the margin between the leading candidate is not up to the number of registered voters in that election. The Electoral Act could have as well said "qualified voters" instead of "registered voters". Hope you get my point.

According to the laws, yes Bello has fulfilled all requirements. He didn't participate in the earlier round because someone else was duly representing his party APC. The constitution and our Electoral Act recognize the party more than the candidate. Votes are recorded for parties and not the candidate per se. This was the position of the Supreme Court in Amaechi's case who didn't campaign or have his name on the ballot paper but was declared winner and became governor.

I have answered this earlier. He, in the eyes of the law, has fulfilled all requirements. Audu represented APC, got the job done to a stage before his demise. Bello was duly nominated as his replacement, completed the task. It's a process which doesn't get truncated because of unavoidable absence of a person. So, APC/INEC will win in courts.

Abegi save all this long grammar for the courts!! This would be a very simple case to decide!! A very ridiculous situation indeed!! Governor without a running mate!! Governor who did not participate in over 90% of the elections that brought him to power!! The supreme courts Judges would tear him to pieces!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi Governorship Election by Rexology: 7:04am On Dec 06, 2015
takedat:
Do you know that the electoral act has been amended after the supreme court judgment that a candidate must partake in all the processes. Did Bello partake in the process that brought in the 240,000 or more votes in the November elections? Does bringing in merely 7000 votes out of 247000 votes mean one has taken part in all the processes. Isn't voting in itself a process?
Section 141of the electoral act.
Re: Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi Governorship Election by takedat(m): 7:06am On Dec 06, 2015
PassingShot:

The position of the law is simple on the issue of having a complete ticket( A candidate and A running mate). APC or INEC cannot force a candidate into an election.

On the issue of the Electoral act. The word used in that clause is 'INEC 'MAY' decide to conduct. It is not binding on INEC. Because Rochas didn't challenge doesn't mean another candidate cannot do that. I have earlier agreed with you that registered voters is the position recognized by the electoral act, but INEC on its own introduced the use of PVC's as 'compulsory' on an election day. If INEC argues against the compulsory usage og PVC's as what makes one an actual voter, then INEC will be shooting itself on the foot.

Where in the electoral act as amended did it state that a party can substitute a candidate in the middle of an election? Or that votes casted and counted for a candidate can be appropriated to a new candidate? The electoral act as been amended since after the supreme court judgment favoring Amaechi. A candidate and not just the party must partake in all the processes/stages.

1 Like

Re: Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi Governorship Election by abdulaz: 7:14am On Dec 06, 2015
From all indications, I think Yahaya Bello will be made the governor after court decision.
Re: Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi Governorship Election by kingofdemons: 7:16am On Dec 06, 2015
chaiii this is really a bad weekend for ngeneukwenu grin
Re: Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi Governorship Election by kaytolee(m): 7:16am On Dec 06, 2015
Cong to him Dat is what we call Godwill

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi Governorship Election by erimmy(m): 7:18am On Dec 06, 2015
LAST DAYS ELECTION
LAST DAYS INEC
LAST DAYS GOVERNOR
Re: Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi Governorship Election by ayindejimmy(m): 7:18am On Dec 06, 2015
PassingShot:

Do you know about how Amaechi became governor of Rivers state?

That was different. Amaechi won his party's primary election so he was PDP representative
Re: Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi Governorship Election by texazzpete(m): 7:19am On Dec 06, 2015
takedat:
I beg top disagree with you. Faleke can claim the supplementary election that brought Bello in is null and void since he has written to INEC and APC to remove his name as a deputy governorship candidate for the supplementary election. INEC and the APC cannot force a candidate to run in an election, and since one cannot run in an election without a complete ticket it makes the election null and void.

Faleke can dispute INEC's claim based on the PVC's distributed and the difference between the votes of Audu/Faleke's and Wada's. Yes, the electoral act only recognises the registered voters but Faleke's legal team will challenge INEC to explain who is a 'Qualified Voter' on an election day. If INEC's argument only supports 'registered voters and not of the use of PVC's, INEC would have shot itself in the leg meaning that elections conducted using PVC's are meaningless and unconstitutional and as such INEC cannot force the electorates to produce a PVC before voting since what they recognize is the registered voters only.

Thirdly, can you claim Bello has fulfilled all the constitutional requirements? Did Bello take part in the more than 2,500 polling units where elections were concluded in November? Isn't that part of the constitutional requirement?

Lastly, when the returning officer for the elections was returning Bello as the winner, didn't he say 'Alhaji Yahya Bello of the APC haven pulled the highest number of votes and satisfied all constitutional requirements is thereby returned elected'? Did Yahya Bello in actual sense pull the highest number of votes?

I don't understand...are you one of those people that only learn something when they are given hot slaps or knocks to reset their brains?

It's been repeated over and over again...during the elections, people vote for the PARTY. This has been the position of the Supreme Court in the last, and it is now canon. Nobody put faleke' name on the ballot. His name does not appear anywhere when voting takes place. Your entire post has no merit at all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi Governorship Election by Nobody: 7:20am On Dec 06, 2015
[size=18pt]FUTILE EFFORT!!
LAWYERS WILL MAKE MINCE-MEAT OF THIS CHARADE.
THIS IS NOT NPN ERA!!![/size]!
Re: Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi Governorship Election by ikaboy: 7:21am On Dec 06, 2015
IKUKU change.
Re: Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi Governorship Election by bewla(m): 7:21am On Dec 06, 2015
all eyes on me yahaya
Re: Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi Governorship Election by ichommy(m): 7:22am On Dec 06, 2015
Congratulations Bello
Re: Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi Governorship Election by ichommy(m): 7:22am On Dec 06, 2015
grin
ikaboy:
IKUKU change.
Re: Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi Governorship Election by takedat(m): 7:23am On Dec 06, 2015
texazzpete:

I don't understand...are you one of those people that only learn something when they are given hot slaps or knocks to reset their brains?

It's been repeated over and over again...during the elections, people vote for the PARTY. This has been the position of the Supreme Court in the last, and it is now canon. Nobody put faleke' name on the ballot. His name does not appear anywhere when voting takes place. Your entire post has no merit at all.
I laugh at your ignorance.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi Governorship Election by Adayi1(m): 7:24am On Dec 06, 2015
takedat:

hmmm... SAN, u can proceed to court.

1 Like

Re: Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi Governorship Election by Justicealh3(m): 7:26am On Dec 06, 2015
I think that Mr. Wada" self don tire people of Kogi self. Even when that Mr Audu" die they still vote U out.

1 Like

Re: Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi Governorship Election by sirTesco(m): 7:28am On Dec 06, 2015
Let the looting begins.
He's still young.
Steal big while u can and when u are caught ur judgement will be a slap on the wrist.
But when u steal an amount that will not buy ma jean u will definitely be hanged.
Re: Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi Governorship Election by jamace(m): 7:28am On Dec 06, 2015
5 SANs warn INEC against supplementary election in Kogi State : https://www.nairaland.com/2781443/kogi-guber-5-sans-engaged#40693026
Re: Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi Governorship Election by HARDWORKGOPAY(m): 7:28am On Dec 06, 2015
Godwin
Re: Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi Governorship Election by WOCKHARDI(m): 7:29am On Dec 06, 2015
INEC has had its way.
Waiting for the courts to have theirs - up to the Supreme Court - which, by the way, should make more common sense .
Re: Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi Governorship Election by Gabaleve(m): 7:29am On Dec 06, 2015
Meriekriss:
Congrats to APC.. Nw let the internal war begin.. Faleke dragging APC and Bello to court.. With Wada going to court as well...
pls sir....what is Wada goin to do in court
Re: Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi Governorship Election by Adayi1(m): 7:29am On Dec 06, 2015
Koolmexxi:
From what I hear PDP may end up winning at the tribunal. Don't know if the APC eventually decided on a running mate for the Bello guy. Apart from involving in anti party activities simply becos he lost out to Audu at the primaries, he even didn't cast a ballot during the main election. His case is dat of monkey work, baboon com chop.
he also did uncle party activities... Faleke is still d deputy... Watchout for d next episode

1 Like

Re: Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi Governorship Election by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:31am On Dec 06, 2015
Congrats to Bello
i rejoice with you today
Re: Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi Governorship Election by cktheluckyman: 7:31am On Dec 06, 2015
takedat:
The position of the law is simple on the issue of having a complete ticket( A candidate and A running mate). APC or INEC cannot force a candidate into an election.

On the issue of the Electoral act. The word used in that clause is 'INEC 'MAY' decide to conduct. It is not binding on INEC.

Where in the electoral act as amended did it state that a party can substitute a candidate in the middle of an election? Or that votes casted and counted for a candidate can be appropriated to a new candidate? The electoral act as been amended since after the supreme court judgment favoring Amaechi. A candidate must partake in all the processes.

The kogi matter is a very easy one for the courts to decide!!! Amaechi participated and won and the primaries before the main elections and was thus assumed by the supreme court as the authentic PDP candidate in the main elections.Yahaya Bello lost the primaries and did not participate in the first elections,Even in yesyerday's elections he has no running mate!! As far as the law uis concerned He has only scored 6000 invalid votes and is not the winner of the kogi elections!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi Governorship Election by cktheluckyman: 7:32am On Dec 06, 2015
Adayi1:

he also did uncle party activities... Faleke is still d deputy... Watchout for d next episode

Faleke formally wrote to INEC to withdraw his deputy Governorship candidate to Bello!! As far as the law is concerned Bello had no deputy

1 Like

Re: Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi Governorship Election by prideofscience: 7:33am On Dec 06, 2015
Faleke No primary but general election. Error Number 1, Bello primary, but non general electn. Error. Number 2... I see Wada as the nearest to the possition. Court will decide...Note am not partysant

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Young Boys Climb Dino Melaye's Convoy In Lokoja (Photos) / Wike, G5 Govs Embarrassed As Crowd Chant "Atiku" At Ibadan Rally (More Videos) / Young Fulani Bandits In Full Military Regalia And Armed With AK47 Riffle (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.