Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,784 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:51 PM

Profile Of Yahaya Bello: Kogi Governor-Elect - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Profile Of Yahaya Bello: Kogi Governor-Elect (54259 Views)

Photos Of Yahaya Bello’s Abuja Mansion Shared By The SignalNG (Video) / Suspected Kidnappers Of Yahaya Bello's Mother Paraded (Photos) / New Photos Of Yahaya Bello In Germany (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Profile Of Yahaya Bello: Kogi Governor-Elect by midolian(m): 6:54am On Dec 06, 2015

Birthday: June 18

Town: Agassa

LGA: Okene

Education: Accounting, Ahmadu Bello University
Public service careerRMAFC (revenue officer, accountant)

Political career: New kid on the block

Campaign promise: “To move Kogi in a new direction”

Core base: Kogi central

Social media: 3,833 likes on Facebook

Hobbies:  football, boxing, reading, travelling

Yahaya Bello on Saturday won the governorship election of Kogi state after the formality of a supplementary election.

Bello had inherited the 240,861 votes polled by Abubakar Audu in the November 21 poll, which was declared inconclusive by INEC shortly before Audu died. Idris Wada of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), the incumbent, came second with 199,514 votes.

A supplementary election then took place in 91 polling units in 19 local government areas on Saturday and Bello polled an additional 6885 to Wada’s 5363. Final score: APC 247,742, PDP 204,877.

The constitutional crisis is yet to be resolved — there are a couple of cases going to court. Audu’s running mate, James Faleke, believes he should be declared the inheritor of Audu’s votes having run on a joint ticket with him.

Wada also wants to be declared governor-elect, maintaining that Audu had died with his votes.

Bello is, therefore, Kogi’s governor-elect, pending the legal battles. But how much do you really know about the 40-year-old graduate of accounting?

HE WAS CLASS PREFECT AT 2

Bello was born on June 18, 1975 in Agassa, Okene LGA, to Bello Ipemida Ochi and Hawa Bello Oziohu. The last of six siblings did his primary education at the LGEA Primary School, Agassa, and was made the class prefect from class two all the way to class six when he was appointed head boy.

HE WROTE HIS SSCE IN 1994

In 1989, he was enrolled at Agassa Community Secondary School, but changed school five times. He finally settled in at Government Secondary School, Suleja, Niger state, and sat for his junior secondary school certificate examination there. He also did his senior secondary school certificate examination (SSCE) in 1994 at the school.

6-3-3-4 FINALLY PRODUCES A GOVERNOR

Bello is the first product of the 6-3-3-4 education system to be elected governor. The system — introduced in 1989 by the military government of Gen. Ibrahim Babangida — restructured the schooling period from six years in primary, five in secondary and three in university to six in primary, three in junior secondary, three in senior secondary and four in the university.

HE IS A 1999 GRADUATE

He enrolled for ‘A’ level exams at the Kaduna State Polytechnic in 1995 and got admission into the Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria in 1996 to study accounting. He graduated in 1999 — the year Nigeria returned to democracy. He also got a master’s in business administration from ABU in 2004. He became a chartered fellow of the Association of National Accountant of Nigeria (ANAN) at Jos (2002) in 2004.

HE DID HIS NYSC IN 2001

Bello was posted to the Revenue Mobilization Allocation and Fiscal Commission (RMAFC) in 2002 for his national service — and was retained. He was appointed as revenue officer and was promoted to accountant within a short period. He left as assistant chief accountant. He was heavily involved in stock trading, and his portfolio investments cut across the oil and gas, finance, transportation and agro-related sectors. He is also into real estate.

HE IS A BUHARI SUPPORTER

While Audu worked for Rabiu Musa Kwakwanso in the presidential primary of APC in 2014, Bello gave his own delegates to Muhammadu Buhari, who eventually won the ticket. Bello lost to Audu in the governorship primary, but fortune would later smile on him with the death of the candidate.

AND FINALLY, HE LOVES BOXING!

His hobbies include reading, travelling, driving and football. And, interestingly, boxing. It is not too clear though if he only likes watching boxing — or if he likes boxing. Whichever way, his hands are now packed with political punches.

https://www.thecable.ng/meet-kogis-yahaya-bello-first-product-6-3-3-4-education-system-governor

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Profile Of Yahaya Bello: Kogi Governor-Elect by SeverusSnape(m): 6:55am On Dec 06, 2015
Good.

*in B00HARI's voice* - "Kwongratulashans to za gomina elect of Kwogi, May Allah vless him and za feofle and may za soul of Abubakar Audu rest in feace"

176 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Profile Of Yahaya Bello: Kogi Governor-Elect by LRNZH(m): 6:58am On Dec 06, 2015
We hope he won't disappoint the youth and give IBB the courage to say that the youth are not ready to lead Nigeria.

He has a big task ahead in managing the majority- Igalas and moving a stagnant state forward. I wish him well.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Profile Of Yahaya Bello: Kogi Governor-Elect by Demmocrats(m): 6:59am On Dec 06, 2015
wow

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Profile Of Yahaya Bello: Kogi Governor-Elect by midolian(m): 7:00am On Dec 06, 2015
Wailers, meet the Governor elect. grin grin

I hope fulfilling his promise will be as easy as he has won this election.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Profile Of Yahaya Bello: Kogi Governor-Elect by Gboliwe: 7:08am On Dec 06, 2015
He is young and a non-Igala, those are the only things that mean anything to me on this. Kogi deserves a break from the Igala oppressors. We all deserve a young sharp brain in authority. Finally, Kogites don't deserve all these recycled politicians.

Even though I wish him well as he governs his people, I do know it's never going to be an easy one for him. What with all the court cases he will be fighting?

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Profile Of Yahaya Bello: Kogi Governor-Elect by GOATandYAMtheory: 7:12am On Dec 06, 2015
Congrats

I hope he knows if he messes up like Idris, he will be sacked like Idris undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Profile Of Yahaya Bello: Kogi Governor-Elect by bewla(m): 7:13am On Dec 06, 2015
see eyin
Re: Profile Of Yahaya Bello: Kogi Governor-Elect by geogino(m): 7:16am On Dec 06, 2015
Quite encouraging.
Re: Profile Of Yahaya Bello: Kogi Governor-Elect by jamace(m): 7:29am On Dec 06, 2015
5 SANs warn INEC against supplementary election in Kogi State : https://www.nairaland.com/2781443/kogi-guber-5-sans-engaged#40693026

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Yahaya Bello: Kogi Governor-Elect by midolian(m): 7:32am On Dec 06, 2015
jamace:
5 SANs warn INEC against supplementary election in Kogi State : https://www.nairaland.com/2781443/kogi-guber-5-sans-engaged#40693026
lool..

Do you know the number of SANs we have in Nigeria?

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Profile Of Yahaya Bello: Kogi Governor-Elect by KwoiZabo(m): 7:36am On Dec 06, 2015
I hate Tinubu but it's unfortunate that he has played a fast one on APC with Faleke. So take it or leave it, Faleke is Za Gwamna.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Profile Of Yahaya Bello: Kogi Governor-Elect by permsec: 7:39am On Dec 06, 2015
A 40year old governor? Better! Next we should consider in 2019 is a 40-45 year old president.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Profile Of Yahaya Bello: Kogi Governor-Elect by Teryfik(m): 7:41am On Dec 06, 2015
Owk
Re: Profile Of Yahaya Bello: Kogi Governor-Elect by aare07(m): 7:46am On Dec 06, 2015
congratulations
Re: Profile Of Yahaya Bello: Kogi Governor-Elect by Adatob(m): 7:53am On Dec 06, 2015
At last,d ebiras av gotten #WhatTheyLongThroatFor,now who is d deputy-i apologise for booking two spaces sha,happy sunady nlers

2 Likes

Re: Profile Of Yahaya Bello: Kogi Governor-Elect by 24lolade(m): 7:58am On Dec 06, 2015

Graduated in 1999 and went for Nysc in 2001,am I missing something?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Profile Of Yahaya Bello: Kogi Governor-Elect by dotmanxp(m): 7:58am On Dec 06, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Good.

*in B00HARI's voice* - "Kwongratulashans to za gomina elect of Kwogi, May Allah vless him and za feofle and may za soul of Abubakar Audu rest in feace"
lolz, I don laff tearr

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Profile Of Yahaya Bello: Kogi Governor-Elect by midolian(m): 8:04am On Dec 06, 2015
24lolade:

its possible. Some people go for their NYSC 5 or more years after graduation, owing to one reason or the other

6 Likes

Re: Profile Of Yahaya Bello: Kogi Governor-Elect by 24lolade(m): 8:11am On Dec 06, 2015
midolian:
its possible. Some people go for their NYSC 5 or more years after graduation, owing to one reason or the other

Thanks for your response, it's not that I don't know cos presently I'm a victim myself. I know it's kinda harsh now but it's good to know that someone that went through the same thing is becoming a governor. In summary, the downfall of a man is not the end of his life.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Profile Of Yahaya Bello: Kogi Governor-Elect by Saheed9: 8:29am On Dec 06, 2015
Wow. But how old is faleke?
Re: Profile Of Yahaya Bello: Kogi Governor-Elect by rawtouch: 8:31am On Dec 06, 2015
Chaiiiii igbiras have finally gotten on the seat they will secure it with everything they have got

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Profile Of Yahaya Bello: Kogi Governor-Elect by Nobody: 8:42am On Dec 06, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Good.

you kill it

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Profile Of Yahaya Bello: Kogi Governor-Elect by PRYCE(m): 8:43am On Dec 06, 2015
The Cable....! Shamelessly Pro-APC undecided

Wait oo, This guy might just be the youngest democratically elected governor yet... Arguably Of course!
Re: Profile Of Yahaya Bello: Kogi Governor-Elect by iszyboy(m): 8:47am On Dec 06, 2015
what about donald duke(former governor of cross river and also the yougest governor nigeria has produced), i thought he became governor at age of 38...does that mean he didnt pass through 6.3.3.4 system?

4 Likes

Re: Profile Of Yahaya Bello: Kogi Governor-Elect by iszyboy(m): 8:50am On Dec 06, 2015
PRYCE:
The Cable....! Shamelessly Pro-APC undecided

Wait oo, This guy might just be the youngest democratically elected governor yet... Arguably Of course!
donald duke of cross river became governor at age of 38 and chimaroke nnamani of enugu also became governor at age of 40

4 Likes

Re: Profile Of Yahaya Bello: Kogi Governor-Elect by kokoA(m): 8:55am On Dec 06, 2015
24lolade:

I think say na only me notice am o. How many years he spill for sch?
Re: Profile Of Yahaya Bello: Kogi Governor-Elect by PRYCE(m): 9:00am On Dec 06, 2015
iszyboy:
donald duke of cross river became governor at age of 38 and chimaroke nnamani of enugu also became governor at age of 40
That was what the 'arguably' up there was for!

Thanks for the Clarification!...

3 Likes

Re: Profile Of Yahaya Bello: Kogi Governor-Elect by GodsClan(m): 9:04am On Dec 06, 2015
Same birthday date
Re: Profile Of Yahaya Bello: Kogi Governor-Elect by Adatob(m): 9:05am On Dec 06, 2015
For sale

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osinbajo Mobbed By School Children In Calabar (Pictures) / Picture Of Emir Sanusi's Wife, Sa'adatu Barkindo-Musdafa / Ahmed Umar Bolori Arrives Army Headquarters Over Alleged Boko Haram Ties. Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.