Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,052 members, 7,835,551 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

Fayose Reinstates Suspended SSG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose Reinstates Suspended SSG (387 Views)

Fayose Reinstates Suspended SSG / Fayose Reinstate Suspended Ssg / Fayose Pardons Suspended SSG, To Resume Monday - The Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Fayose Reinstates Suspended SSG by Sigoal(m): 11:54am On Dec 06, 2015

Following entreaties by the Ewi of Ado-Ekiti, Oba Rufus Adejugbe Aladesanmi 111, foremost lawyer, Aare Afe Baba­lola (SAN) and the Catholic Bishop of Ekiti, Right Revd. Felix Ajakaye and others, Ekiti State Governor, Mr. Ayodele Fayose, has lifted the suspen­sion placed on the Secretary to the State Government, Dr (Mrs.) Modupe Alade.

The personalities pleaded on behalf of the SSG during the celebration of the 25th coronation anniversary of Oba Adejugbe Aladesanmi in Ado- Ekiti yesterday.

The SSG, who was sus­pended some days ago for three months by the governor has therefore been pardoned and asked to resume duties to­morrow.

Setting the tone for seeking pardon for the SSG, the Ewi said his joy on the occasion would not be complete if the governor did not accede to the request.

In his response, the gov­ernor said he had no choice other than to defer to the emi­nent personalities, but warned against indiscipline on the part of public officers and civil ser­vants. He noted that though he is a kindhearted governor, he would not compromise disci­pline.

Babalola, who was the chairman on the occasion, had listed the qualities that made Fayose excel as a governor.

“He is kind and listens to advice and wise counsel. He does not say he is the governor and would lord it over every­body. When the tipper drivers had issues with him over the N1000 levy, the drivers came to me to intervene and I called the governor on the phone. Though he was in Afao-Ekiti, he came down to Ado-Ekiti, and heeded my plea on behalf of the drivers and reduced the levy to N500,” he said.

He described Fayose as a realistic and pragmatic person, who has brought those quali­ties to governance. He said with the dwindling revenue base of the government at all tiers, those in leadership posi­tions have to put in extra ef­forts to meet the yearning and aspirations of the people.

“Thank God that we have a governor that is realistic and pragmatic. When he says yes it is yes, and when he says no it is no. We have a governor that is truthful, honest and transparent, and that has been helping us in the state. It has also manifested in the recent award given the state govern­ment. We have 36 states in the federation and a survey was conducted on budgetary implementation, and the Fay­ose-led government was rated as the most transparent in the country. Those states that call themselves big rated low on the scale. This shows that the governor has been handling the affairs of the state well,” he said.

Babalola, who is also the founder of the Afe Baba­lola University, Ado-Ekiti (ABUAD), called on the people to return to the farm, saying agriculture was the surest way out of unemploy­ment and poor revenue in the country.

In his speech, Fayose, who was the guest of honour, promised to attend any simi­lar event organised in honour of any traditional ruler in the state.

“The governor is for all tra­ditional rulers and people of the state. I want to assure our royal fathers that an occasion like this is not limited to Ado as many of our royal fathers who are having such a great event like this, the governor is at your beck and call. Ado is central to us as a state and I am for all royal fathers and any event that tells the history of your existence, I will always be part of it. I also promise that by God’s grace, the new Ojaba Market, if not complet­ed by this time next year, will be near completion,” he said.

In his remarks, Oba Ad­ejugbe Aladesanmi 111 thanked Fayose for his tre­mendous efforts at develop­ing Ado-Ekiti and the state at large.

“Ado people cannot thank you, Governor Ayodele Fay­ose enough. You have helped us a great deal and we pray that God will continue to sup­port and bless you.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/fayose-reinstates-suspended-ssg/
Re: Fayose Reinstates Suspended SSG by madridguy(m): 11:56am On Dec 06, 2015
Fayose the meat/fish cutter. Temitemi1, chukwudi44 and other Fayose's fans club, NL chapter the attention seeker his at it again.
Re: Fayose Reinstates Suspended SSG by Mynd44: 12:01pm On Dec 06, 2015

(1)

Pictures / Wealth Inequality / Nigeria: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year, FG To Sell Petrol At N97 Per Litre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.