Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,435 members, 7,815,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) (24801 Views)

Football Transfer Deadline Day 2013 - Live Updates / Mikel Obi Told Robben He Would Miss The Penalty / The 2009/10 UEFA Champions League Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by jalether(m): 2:04pm On Jul 02, 2009
mukina2:

Yes na. like all the emergency Barca fans.

There are lots of glory hunters  grin

No true gunner will ever switch camps, pity the gay guy joined you guys too grin

very soon, we'll have gay pics of your team very soon wink

Cheksli did the same when Maureen took over, bought plenty and  they are still searching for the UCL grin

We can still beat you guys any day cool

i trust my guns.

Always gracious in defeat, "even though we haven't won any title since the second world war

i'm still proud of my team for their integrity and football philosophies" grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by mykali(m): 2:15pm On Jul 02, 2009
CHELSEA SIGN RIBERY

grin grin grin grin grin grin[color=#000099][/color]
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by mukina2: 2:24pm On Jul 02, 2009
jalether:

Always gracious in defeat, "even though we haven't won any title since the second world war

i'm still proud of my team for their integrity and football philosophies" grin grin grin grin grin grin
sharap dia grin
Real Gunners stick behind their team through thick and thin, unlike glory hunters tongue
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by Grizzly(m): 2:25pm On Jul 02, 2009
Mykali u WISH. . .
Altho i wish too grin
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by jalether(m): 2:38pm On Jul 02, 2009
mukina2:

sharap dia grin
Real Gunners stick behind their team through thick and thin, unlike glory hunters tongue

I feel your pain babe, eeyah sorrygrin grin grin grin, four long seasons without a trophy is not easy
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by mykali(m): 2:43pm On Jul 02, 2009
@Grizzly
Watch this Space. Ribery to Chelsea is a done deal.
You gotta hav faith man grin
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by khanye(m): 3:05pm On Jul 02, 2009
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by biina: 3:06pm On Jul 02, 2009
mykali:

@Grizzly
Watch this Space. Ribery to Chelsea is a done deal.
You gotta hav faith man grin
dat kain faith go definitely move mountains! shocked
Ribery to chelsea ko, london dry gin ni tongue
They guy don already get locker for bernabeau grin
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by biina: 3:09pm On Jul 02, 2009
@khanye
no dey put robben for our team starting 11 angry

We dey buy ribery and Silva for that side

Xabi will also be coming, along with felipe melo

Arbeloa na rotation player, na lucio or chielini dey come and we are only looking for an RB that is better than marcelo.
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by khanye(m): 5:04pm On Jul 02, 2009
Maicon is coming to RM
FM don sign more yrs untop hin deal for Forentina
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by mukina2: 5:31pm On Jul 02, 2009
I officially hate this thread angry grin
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by khanye(m): 5:39pm On Jul 02, 2009
mukina2:

I officially hate this thread angry grin

I know cool
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by Jeophri(m): 6:57pm On Jul 02, 2009
@biina
when it happens, i will be here to say
''i told you so''
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by biina: 7:06pm On Jul 02, 2009
Jeophri:

@biina
when it happens, i will be here to say
''i told you so''
when what happens? we win all the trophies including the worldcup 2010 tongue grin
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by RuuDie(m): 8:13pm On Jul 02, 2009
BREAKING NEWS!
Chelsea are reported to have signed goalkeeper Ross Turnbull from Middlesbrough on a free transfer - 4yr deal. He will be back up to Petr Cech.
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by RuuDie(m): 8:31pm On Jul 02, 2009
Reports in Spain say that Lyon want to sign Real Madrid striker Ruud Van Nistelrooy to replace Karim Benzema, who is going the other way.

Not bad for RVN
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by biina: 9:04pm On Jul 02, 2009
RuuDie:

Reports in Spain say that Lyon want to sign Real Madrid striker Ruud Van Nistelrooy to replace Karim Benzema, who is going the other way.

Not bad for RVN
and this is where Madrid might have the opportunity to recoup parts of their money as they have a few coveted players like Ruud, Robben and Sneijder.
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by biina: 11:38pm On Jul 02, 2009
Karl-Heinze Rummenigge: Ribery Will Stay At Bayern Munich
The transfer looks set to rumble on, with Bayern not willing to sell Ribery.
Bayern Munich executive chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has quashed talk that Franck Ribery might be leaving the club, stating that he is staying.
The French winger has been linked with a move away from the Allianz Arena and this morning gave the strongest hint yet that he would leave.
Talking to L'Equipe he said "I have made up my mind, I want to leave. It will be Real Madrid or nothing."
Bayern are not about to change their stance though and Rummenigge told newspaper TZ that Ribery will not be going.
"We are very cool on that sort of story, really," he explained.
"Personally, I read Franck's statement like that: either Real Madrid or nothing. And our clear reply is: nothing!
"Did one ever see us in haste? We are not worried or making haste. We keep standing firm, Franck will remain at our club."
Ribery joined Bayern Munich back in 2007 and has since become one of the most sought after wingers in Europe, attracting the attention of the likes of Madrid, Barcelona and Manchester United.
His current deal with the German club runs out in 2011 and reports earlier today stated that he rejected a new contract.
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by biina: 11:38pm On Jul 02, 2009
Bayern have again decided to walk down the path of losing out on a good deal.
Same stubborn approach they took when Ballack wanted to leave. They blocked the move and Ballacked refused to renew his contract. He subsequently left as a free agent in 2006.
I thought Bayern had learnt their lessons, but seems I was wrong.
If a player with two season left wants to leave, sell him and cash in on his value, else you will force him to stay, he will refuse to renew his contract, refuse to be transferred the next summer, and walk for free subsequently.
If Bayern don't sell him this summer, Ribery will leave a free agent in 2011 at 28yrs. He will have a plethora of suitors.
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by eyonigger(m): 9:48am On Jul 03, 2009
Muki, can you state specifically by usernames those Emergency Barca fans?

I want to know them, so I can ask crizzle to be deleting their post on our thread. Abeg name names.
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by khanye(m): 12:10pm On Jul 03, 2009
[size=14pt]Report: Michael Owen Agrees Personal Terms With Manchester United[/size]

[b]Various reports have today confirmed that Michael Owen, Newcastle United and Real Madrid's former diminutive goal poacher, is currently undergoing a medical at Manchester United as personal terms have already been struck.

Sir Alex Ferguson has extended Owen an olive branch after it was widely expected that the former England international's career was on the decline due to a series of injury-ravaged spells.

According to a report in The Sun, Ferguson expressed an interest in Owen, who was the subject of a marketing brochure offered to multiple clubs, on Tuesday. The tabloid claims United are offering the 29-year-old £50,000 per week, which also includes bonuses for appearances and goals. Other reports, though, intimate that the deal will be no greater than a play-as-you-play contract.
Prior to United's interest, Owen had only been linked with more modest clubs such as Hull City and Stoke City; both of whom had been competing in England's Championship (level two) the season before last.

One source "close to Owen" is reported to have told The Sun, "It's incredible that one day Michael was contemplating a move to Hull and now Manchester United have come in.

"This is just the boost he needed and now he is hoping that everything can be agreed."
Manchester United are yet to release an official comment regarding the situation.[/b]
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by biina: 4:25pm On Jul 03, 2009
Talk about manU scavenging in the garbage bin. They are now contesting with hull city for Owen's signature grin
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by dayokanu(m): 4:39pm On Jul 03, 2009
The 2 Owens would partner up in the hospital Brotherly Love.

ANother No testing for 50,000 Pounds a week
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by biina: 7:38pm On Jul 03, 2009
Owen completes United swap

Michael Owen has joined English champions Manchester United on a two-year contract, the club announced on Friday.

Injury-prone England striker Owen, 29, a free agent after his Newcastle contract expired at the end of last month, underwent a medical at a Manchester hospital on Friday before returning to United's Carrington training ground to complete the shock deal.

The move came after the only clubs interested in signing the former Liverpool and Real Madrid striker appeared to be Stoke and Hull - both Premier League sides but teams for whom staying up was an achievement in itself.

Owen underwent a medical examination on the knee injury which sidelined him for much of his time at Newcastle on Thursday. But United manager Sir Alex Ferguson said signing Owen did not represent a gamble on his part. "Michael is a world class forward with a proven goalscoring record at the highest level and that has never been in question," the coach said. "Coming to Manchester United with the expectations that we have is something that Michael will relish."

Surprise call
It has been reported that Ferguson has signed a pay-as-you-play deal with Owen, whose weekly wage at Newcastle had been believed to be as high as 197,000 USD. Owen, who scored just 10 goals for the Magpies as they were relegated from the English Premier League last season, said he'd been as stunned as anyone by United's interest in him.

"I had just begun to talk to other clubs when out of the blue Sir Alex phoned me on Wednesday afternoon, invited me to have breakfast with him next morning during which he told me that he wanted to sign me," he said. "I agreed without a moment's thought. This is a fantastic opportunity for me and I intend to seize it with both hands.

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/clubfootball/news/newsid=1078881.html
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by mukina2: 11:29pm On Jul 03, 2009
eyonigger:

Muki, can you state specifically by usernames those Emergency Barca fans?

I want to know them, so I can ask crizzle to be deleting their post on our thread. Abeg name names.
no worries, you shall know them when barca starts losing grin

Biina
i heard madrid wants buy Figo and Zidane angry grin
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by biina: 11:39pm On Jul 03, 2009
mukina2:

Biina
i heard madrid wants buy Figo and Zidane angry grin
We have already reacquired Zidane. He is now a special advisor to the president.
We are still working out details with Figo grin
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by mukina2: 11:45pm On Jul 03, 2009
Please buy Issa Hayatou, Sepp Blatter. and Platini angry

Your team will flop this coming season. Amen angry
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by biina: 12:57am On Jul 04, 2009
mukina2:

Please buy Issa Hayatou, Sepp Blatter.  and Platini angry

Your team will flop this coming season. Amen angry
Don't worry, we will be taking the entire FIFA congress on loan, cos, except for plantini, the others no get star pedigree grin

Prayer alone no go work o! you need to incorporate round-robin fasting for the entire season, making sure to go all out in the final 3 months of the season. grin
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by eyonigger(m): 1:58pm On Jul 04, 2009
Muki have u ever wished any team good before? HELL NO!! Thats why you will never win any league trophy come the next 7 years.

You even dare to wish ur brother in footie play bad. I have declared you an enemy within.
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by mukina2: 2:13pm On Jul 04, 2009
biina:

Don't worry, we will be taking the entire FIFA congress on loan, cos, except for plantini, the others no get star pedigree grin

Prayer alone no go work o! you need to incorporate round-robin fasting for the entire season, making sure to go all out in the final 3 months of the season. grin

I hate your team angry grin its not fair oh angry

eyonigger:

Muki have u ever wished any team good before? HELL NO!! Thats why you will never win any league trophy come the  next 7 years.

You even dare to wish ur brother in footie play bad. I have declared you an enemy within.
whats this
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by eyonigger(m): 2:21pm On Jul 04, 2009
mukina2:

I hate your team angry grin its not fair oh angry

whats this

whats what? Are you reading through your nose? Did you not quote:

"no worries, you shall know them when barca starts losing"
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by mukina2: 2:51pm On Jul 04, 2009
If you cannot reply posts without insulting please ignore my posts .

Maybe if you had read the post well, you could have known what i was referring to.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (21) (Reply)

Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? / Chelsea Vs Maccabi Tel Aviv: UCL (4 - 0) On 16th September 2015 / Northampton Town Vs Manchester United :League Cup (1 - 3) On 21st Sept 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.